Quoted from Bigbossfan:
Good morning to all! Well, the success was short lived. MMR is dead again. However, this time around I believe I've figured out that the issue is with the shaker. Was playing again this weekend, launched into all multiballs, shaker going off like crazy as is expected, then suddenly the game just shut down again.
To save those so inclined the trouble, this is what I've been able to figure out so far.
1. Power is fine at the main box (sorry, not sure of the exact terminology).
2. Power is getting to the solenoid boards.
3. This is the second time, the pin just shuts down after launching into multiball and the shaker motor starts going.
4. Given that I was able to rectify the problem last time by unseating and reconnecting all the connectors under the playfield, I've tried that again this time, but no luck so far.
5. I'm thinking it has to be the shaker making a connector loose somewhere.
Naturally this is a pain in the ass to try and figure out. I'd like to determine which connectors I should check first, that would be the culprit for cutting out the power to get the pin going and keep it going, so that I can hot glue it on the board so this stops. Can anyone suggest which connectors I should look at first?
Hope this all makes sense, and thanks in advance for any guidance/assistance!
Hot glue in pinballs sounds like a bad solution. Find the bad contact and replace it properly instead.
Maybe inspect the shaker itself, might be some electrical problem with it and it shorts while shaking.