Well... I "sort of" fixed my issue with constant ball search, but am still having some issues that I was wondering if anyone has insight into.
1) I no longer get the constant lightening flash/sound in the back-panel "cow-rider" image - so that's good.
2) However, sometimes in the moat - and more often on a drain - the system "loses" the ball in play, times out, does a ball search, and either ejects (moat) or adds bonus and progresses (drain)
I've removed/attached all the cables to these two areas to try and reset and I have been looking at the sensor on the moat to see if there is an alignment issue - to no avail yet.
I'm wondering about a couple of things that I can't seem to find the answer to on my own (hope someone knows here)
1) What/how is a drained ball "sensed" by the system? I assume that if I know how it's supposed to work then I can better troubleshoot it.
2) How does the system know that a ball is in play? Are there time-out adjustments that I'm missing in the menu? Other than free play and volume, I'm running this machine pretty much as a factory set-up.
3) Could either of these be related to incline or balance? I was pretty sure I had things set-up at factory recommendations, but this will be my weekend project - to triple-check the double-check that I did on levels and inclines.
Any help/direction is much appreciated. I'm new to pinball ownership, but generally not technically shy. I'm happy to learn.