IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lfdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2834 6 years ago

Well - I finally get to post. I'm the proud owner of my very first pin - MMR SE.

It's in shipping and scheduled to arrive on Monday. I'm pretty excited (as I'm sure you can imagine). I'll be making an unboxing/set-up video to share and hopefully can get things unpacked, set-up, and running fairly quickly. This is my first pin and I'm excited to have a NIB to start with.

1 week later
#2864 6 years ago

Hello all - loving my MMR and I’m about 200 games into it. Some minor issues that I’m in the middle of resolving, but one major one that I’m wondering if anyone has advice on.

In the video above, you can see that my machine is looping the “lost ball” flasher on the back glass and goes into search mode when it drains. This happens during the entire game play. As soon as I launch and put a ball into the castle trough, the lightening “cow” flasher starts flashing and making the pulsing sounds. This continues through the entire ball. When it drains, it sometimes takes awhile, awards the bonus, and ejects that next ball. Other times, it takes while, initiates a full ball search and then completes.

I’m wondering if anyone has had this issue and found a fix? My initial thought is that there is a sensor inside the trough that isn’t tripping and acknowledging a ball. I really appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

#2924 6 years ago
Quoted from LFDOG:

» YouTube video
Hello all - loving my MMR and I’m about 200 games into it. Some minor issues that I’m in the middle of resolving, but one major one that I’m wondering if anyone has advice on.
In the video above, you can see that my machine is looping the “lost ball” flasher on the back glass and goes into search mode when it drains. This happens during the entire game play. As soon as I launch and put a ball into the castle trough, the lightening “cow” flasher starts flashing and making the pulsing sounds. This continues through the entire ball. When it drains, it sometimes takes awhile, awards the bonus, and ejects that next ball. Other times, it takes while, initiates a full ball search and then completes.
I’m wondering if anyone has had this issue and found a fix? My initial thought is that there is a sensor inside the trough that isn’t tripping and acknowledging a ball. I really appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

Fixed!
I took a look under the playfield to make sure all was well - and, sure enough, the eject post for the trough was slightly askew and the sensor was not aligned. I reset it to the correct positon (alignment) and it is working well once again. How if got out of line I do not know, but I can keep an eye on it now.

#2938 6 years ago

Well... I "sort of" fixed my issue with constant ball search, but am still having some issues that I was wondering if anyone has insight into.

1) I no longer get the constant lightening flash/sound in the back-panel "cow-rider" image - so that's good.
2) However, sometimes in the moat - and more often on a drain - the system "loses" the ball in play, times out, does a ball search, and either ejects (moat) or adds bonus and progresses (drain)

I've removed/attached all the cables to these two areas to try and reset and I have been looking at the sensor on the moat to see if there is an alignment issue - to no avail yet.

I'm wondering about a couple of things that I can't seem to find the answer to on my own (hope someone knows here)

1) What/how is a drained ball "sensed" by the system? I assume that if I know how it's supposed to work then I can better troubleshoot it.
2) How does the system know that a ball is in play? Are there time-out adjustments that I'm missing in the menu? Other than free play and volume, I'm running this machine pretty much as a factory set-up.
3) Could either of these be related to incline or balance? I was pretty sure I had things set-up at factory recommendations, but this will be my weekend project - to triple-check the double-check that I did on levels and inclines.

Any help/direction is much appreciated. I'm new to pinball ownership, but generally not technically shy. I'm happy to learn.

#2940 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Can you please open a ticket with CGC for the issues you’re experiencing?

Will do! They are super-helpful. I just don't want to bother them until I at least try to answer the issue myself. I was having a Switch issue as well and they were very fast in helping out. A new Switch should arrive any day.

#2955 6 years ago

I've put in a ticket on this as well, but also wanted to ask here - do all Switches pretty much work the same? I got a replacement for a failed Switch, but it's the wrong "side". I'm wondering if I can just drill two new holes under the playfield and attach it? (photos attached).

I'm probably just going to wait for the replacement of the replacement part - but I thought I would ask for my "future" pinball repair skills when this goes out of warranty.

PartWrongSide (resized).jpgPartWrongSide (resized).jpg

#2960 6 years ago

Awesome! Thanks everyone. I appreciate the advice. Being new, I didn't know how the switches worked and that they can be used interchangeably and remounted for left/right.

1 month later
#3084 6 years ago

Can anyone provide some technical advice on the Merlin's Magic eject? Mine is working "okay", but occasionally the ball sticks in there and, in a worse case scenario, won't eject until a ball search. I know I can just contact Chicago for support, but I thought I would float it here for just some general pinball tech skills. Is there a maintenance task (or set of tasks) that I should be performing to take care of my machine? Things that need re-alignment/tightening... just general "stuff" that a good pinball owner should do?

If there is a "general guide to pinball maintenance" I'd love a link! - I'm trying to figure things out as a new owner.

#3086 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Hi there!
So, this one should be easy. The game is dumb. It only knows there’s a ball there when the switch is depressed by the ball in the Merlin hole. It’s just a little piece of metal attached to a micro switch. So, your job is to go and do some testing and see if the game isn’t always seeing the ball there. If it’s not, you’ll just have to adjust the switch so that the ball presses it down enough for the switch to close, and to close consistently. Switch test is in your users manual under diagnostics.
Marc

Thanks! - I did take a look and that little switch seem "loose" so there's my starting point - I appreciate the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lfdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=lfdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.