149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider king-henry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9413 1 year ago

Anyone have a Royal Topper up for grabs? Getting an LE soon. Also wondering what remake version rev is the best? 2015 run vs 2019 run? Other than more GI goodness and bigger screen, should I be worried? About buying a MMr LE? I heard weaker flippers? Idk. But excited nonetheless

#9415 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Earlier games didn’t have the Royal mods in mind so you need to cut a hole in the top of the cabinet for your topper which while not impossible is certainly less than ideal. You also would need to break out the original cab speaker mount if you do the display and speaker upgrade which kinda sucked.
Aside from those issues tho you can add the RGB GI and the XL screen so I don’t think you’re gonna regret picking up an LE over finding a later release. You also get a shaker (unless it was added later) a little plaque and possibly colored rails, lockdown bar and legs.
As for flipper strength, the flippers are basically too powerful for the game already (you really need to turn them down a couple ticks to feel original) so I don’t think you’re gonna have too many problems there. The biggest complaint about the remakes seems to be the sound quality isn’t quite the same, because they don’t use the same speaker configuration I believe.

Good information here, thanks! The only thing that I see different in what you are saying, is that the LE I’m looking at, IS NUMBERED on the Apron, and it’s the black powdercoat edition, which apparently is more rare than the gold trim. Big screen is not a deal-breaker, and neither is the sound..(I can always upgrade the speakers and add a sub down the road, which I hear is a great upgrade). So other than that, why would I need to put a hole in the top of the backbox for the topper (because I thought all of these cabs had the original holes with grates in the back..couldn’t I just run the conduit through one of those holes? I do this for my NBA Fastbreak set, for the link). Anyways, gearing up for this..literally, this has been a grail of mine since I played the orig. in ‘98.

#9420 1 year ago

Is $13,500 a fair price for an LE in great shape and low plays? (680). I had him at 13 even, and it magically squeaked up $500, after a week went by. No mods, except a color dmd added, which is confusing because I thought they all had color dmd’s as remakes. I wish there was a faqs page for all 6! Versions.

#9424 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Base selling price off of popularity and scarcity. Probably not a fantastic time to but an MMr as they seem to be getting sold less often right now. 13.5? Yeah, seems fair, just a tad on the higher end but ok.

That was exactly my feeling. If it had the GI upgrade it would be a no-brainer (maybe a pinstadium would suffice?)
But I’m going to do it. I seriously doubt any will be produced in ‘23. If so, I’m on a ‘wishlist’ anyways.

#9428 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Iirc they were going to run the upgrades again, imo it would be dumb of them not to.

yeah, it would be stupid not to supply these upgrades NOW..many people want ROYAL TOPPERS, GI, BIG SCREEN, etc..they could be making money right now, if they added a seperate 'MOD DIVISION', without the leash of PPS..of course I don't know any of their biz legistics..but a lot of us would be the kits RIGHT NOW. I ain't paying $2500 just for a non-functional topper..eww. Unless it was CCr topper for my SE lol.

#9430 1 year ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

To each his own. I absolutely love my gold #355(original owner so I picked it). I know some people have described it as an ugly mustard, and I'd kind of agree with it being more mustard than gold, but honestly I'm also glad it is not some kind of glossy shiny gold either. It really works for me and beyond happy with it!

I have pinstadium fusion on mine and it has transformed the game. I thought about the GI and/or speaker panel upgrade, but decided against it early on. After seeing the GIs of a royal in person, I'm just not really a fan of the overall look. It's kind of a bit too JJP for me. The pinstadium light show is highly customizable and I really like what it does for my game. As for the speaker panel, I have the color upgrade and my only other pin is a Star Trek Pro with colordmd, so I like the matching look.

this is REALLY GREAT TO KNOW, and I think I will be on that same path! Many thanks for your .02! The only thing I'm concerned is those flashers..almost blinding on youtube..can you turn those down, in the app, or is it either a 'on' or off' deal? and maybe that's the older versions..never owned a pinstadium before..

#9435 1 year ago

Just picked up my LE #545 today. It’s in really nice shape. Pricey, but Life is short. It has 684 lifetime plays. Cab is perfect.

0F280517-378B-4139-A5DD-BEEDD3905D70 (resized).jpeg0F280517-378B-4139-A5DD-BEEDD3905D70 (resized).jpeg1194C88C-9580-4EF5-9DC2-F29746D9B2B1 (resized).jpeg1194C88C-9580-4EF5-9DC2-F29746D9B2B1 (resized).jpeg992CC435-9524-4229-B8C1-8D2678DE0F7E (resized).jpeg992CC435-9524-4229-B8C1-8D2678DE0F7E (resized).jpegDD45D040-85A3-4DC4-84EA-48DC415350BA (resized).jpegDD45D040-85A3-4DC4-84EA-48DC415350BA (resized).jpeg
#9438 1 year ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Yes, you have a whole lot of customization options within the app. You can set the color and brightness levels on the regular GI/UV flashers of the regular pinstadium, and each of the 4 extra flashers on the fusions(if you get those). You also have a choice on where to connect the GI/UV flashers too, so if you want the GI to sync with what all the other GIs are doing, you connect to one of those, or you can connect to a static GI like the coin insert on the coin door, if you want to have more static general illumination. Lots of options, even if you just want to add a little bit more light to a very dark playfield. Doesn't have to be a blinding vegas strip all the time.
On my MMr, I have the GI illumination on a three color fade rotation(red, gold, purple) and UV triggered off center castle. Then extra fusion flashers are right ramp red(for red dragon), left ramp blue(I have the blue dragon mod), lower left flasher is a gold/red color for catapult, and one of the other flashers(forget which) is green that works well for the moat. I'll admit, mine is quite the light show and really intense the way I have it set, because that's what I like. Might be almost seizure inducing for some lol. You can see what mine looks like along with all the other lighting stuff I've done to make it a really dynamic feeling game.

This is an amazing setup man! Makes me want to do something very similar. Is there a way to share settings in the app, if I get a fusion?

#9442 1 year ago

THE BENEFITS OF HAVING NECK SURGERY...

MMbruce copy (resized).jpgMMbruce copy (resized).jpg
#9443 1 year ago

LOL...

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 11.40.18 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-09 at 11.40.18 AM (resized).png
#9445 1 year ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Can I get a new custom, "THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!" callout?

actually, it IS possible, lol. I want the 'Hail to the King, Baby' callout..it would be funny to do have hybrid theme of MM, mixed with Army of Darkness..pretty cool idea acutally!

#9447 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Mix in some duke nukem

For damn sure!!! “Time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I’m all out of bubblegum “

#9449 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Zactly, and Yes, They Live.

#9454 1 year ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Is it possible to change the cabinet decal on one side without removing the playfield? I’ve replaced head decals but havent done a cabinet, and I’ve never had to remove a playfield.
[quoted image]

Seems like you could fix/cover that up, without going to big efforts to replace that side. Unless it’s essential to you. And no, the playfield has nothing to do with the sideart!

#9456 1 year ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Don’t the bolts on the side hold the playfield hinge/rail hardware? I don’t think there’s anything else holding up the playfield if I remove those.

Hudson may be right”. Lol. Well, I haven’t done sidart yet, so what do I know. So I retract my last ‘knowing’ comment (can’t be perfect!). Yeah, I did forget the back box hinge, and others will chime in and give you a better answer than mine. It makes sense that those would, indeed, be the bolts for the playfield hinging hardware. But don’t quote me on that.

#9460 1 year ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Machine - For Sale

Medieval Madness (Remake - LE)

As new - New out of box (first owner) “MMR LE #511 of 1000 in black trim
Original owner HUO never to a show under 500 plays.
Actual plays is 473, code update at 300. Plays may go up if I play it.
HD color display chip ...”

23 days ago

Killingly, CT

Grizlyrig

13,250 (OBO)

-Mike

Yeah, good deal there..I saw this, and WOULD HAVE BOUGHT YOURS, if it were local..I ended up buying a very similar condition LE (black trim, 684 plays, color chip, 3D translite, not a scratch on it) for 13,500. He wouldn't budge..you have a better deal, and with a lot of extra mods I'd really like to have (GI kit for example)..needless to say, I'm still very happy! (and shipping such a nice machine always raises an eyebrow on how it would arrive). BTW, what does the 3.0 code do for the game, versus 1.0? and how would one upgrade or find the file to upload? I assume via usb slot?

2 weeks later
#9465 1 year ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Does anyone know if XL screen upgrade kits are going to be available again now that CCr LEs are getting built?

That is the 2022 question right there! Also wondering if they will do another batch of Royale kits (topper, xl screen, GI kit, etc). Makes me wonder if I jumped the gun on a 13.5K MMr LE a month back..(although, it's basically like brand new, and I love it). I heard that the next MMr count was going to be limited to 500, but that's hearsay.

1 week later
#9467 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

What next MMr count? I’ll be dead by then.
More like heresy than hearsay.

that's funny man..in a good way, and a bad way lol

#9480 1 year ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

I have the Hooked flipper swords on mine as well and never had an issue with them(using as is). But I also don't put a ton of plays on it either.
Not sure if it was key, but yeah making sure to clean the flipper well with alcohol, letting it dry completely, then(and this may be the most important) when applying use a lot of consistent pressure. Really hold it on there for at least a minute or two. The more and longer pressure you apply really helps the adhesive to bond. Then finally, don't play for awhile. Like a day. It may not seem that apparent, but the force applied to the flipper when it activates is quite severe. If the adhesive is still bonding, then that force can easily weaken it. Not saying everyone who's had issue is doing this, but maybe some think they just need to stick it on like a sticker and then ready to play. Maybe I'm being a lot too careful, but then again, I haven't had any issues.

THis is straight up Vulcan Logic here...I concur #1

#9490 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinminister:

Northvibe and LTG, sorry about that I thought I was in the MM owners club when I posted this.
Thanks for the information on the Pinshaker motor. I have not seen anything about this motor, do you or anyone else know how well this motor works?
Thanks again.

SHAKERS ARE BADASS, regarless of pin

#9492 1 year ago

another topic here..I just bought pinball pro speakers for my MMrLE..I had a hellava time getting that subwoofer plate off..fortunately I didn't use a chisel lol. Prybar and patience..but part of the plate stuck on the bottom..the plate is now history, which is not the end of the world..'next time' I'll try to heat it up a tad with a hair dryer, before attempting the prybar. Anyways, my speaker set didn't come with any hardware..no screws or connectors..I soldered the mains in, so no need for the connectors..But I guess I need to make 4 new holes in the base for the subwoofer?..Anyone have any tips or XP on that particular install? PS, I'm leaving the grille intact.

1 week later
#9505 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Do you have to do this in order for it to all work? As soon as I plug the splitter in on the dmd it says can’t communicate with playfield on the dmd

for anything to work, you defintitely need to enable the function for it to communicate with the topper. What's your firmware version? I just upgraded to 3.0 yesterday (what a HUGE IMPROVEMENT OVER 1.0!!!), and 3.0 gives you so much more in the CGC menu system, incuding topper. I have 2 linked NBA Fastbreaks, and what a pain in the ass that was to link..but I had to enable everything on both machines the same, for it to work (and source the right chip that was my bottleneck, lol). I made a crosssover cable to link the two machines..which could have been done 2 different ways..I know, it's much older tech, but probably not that much 'newer' either..NBA's a a null-modem connection.

1 week later
#9515 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Okay messed with my game some more today. It’s definitely my rj45 splitter. I plugged a cat5 e cable direct from the main cpu to the topper pcb and the topper light up as well as my speakers lights so I know those work. Here are pictures of my setup, not sure how my coupler is different it looks exactly like everyone else’s.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

are those the factory cables? Or did you buy those on amazon or something? I only ask because these ethernet cables are NOT created equal..some are straight, some are crossed..that's about as much as I know on the computer end on that. But if the topper doesn't have the right cables it won't work (pretty good guess there).

1 week later
#9529 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I just put my flipper power down to -1. It feels much better so far at this level.
Pitch is standard 6.5.
What does everyone else set there MMr flipper strength to?
Richard

pitch at 6.5 flipper strength at +1..seems to be the closest to a Williams' feel' on my LE (2015 build).

1 week later
#9546 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballPam:

Thanks for the help, Lloyd! Will check it out tomorrow.

extendable magnet will be your friend as well..GL..

#9551 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballPam:

Turns out…the piece that catches the drawbridge lip at the moat worked itself off and jammed up the moat launcher. Took this noob (and two other sets of eyes and hands) 15 min to repair. Back in business! Thanks for the support!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Miracle on Moat Street! GJ and Happy Thanksgiving! We all know how important it is to have at least a few running pins when people come over! I think I only have 2 down, out of 20..not bad.

4 weeks later
#9558 1 year ago

Merrrry Christmas, MMR Dudes..ONE MMr Elf is in a slight pickle..I made a newbie mistake with these newer machines..I am installing the pinmonk fans on my flippers, and the simplest, yet lamest thing happened...While taking the leaf switch plate off it fell down, doing it's plinko manuever between the main pf board and the playfield itself..stopping somewhere I do not know..I said the F word many times Santa! NOW, what would you guys do? I really REALLY don't want to take that whole board out, to find this little peice of metal..but IF I DON'T FIND IT, I fear that it's going to short out on the topside of that big board (then I'll have real problems at that point). I call this a 'NEWB ON NEWER MACHINES MISTAKE'...The playfield should have been set horizontally, instead of upright (instructions said to have it up, I digress). Any tips or tricks on trying to fish this out? I was thinking an air compresser might sling it out, or take the whole playfield out, and shake it loose that way? Or screw it, it's not going to do any harm?" Thoughts??? MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!!! HOHOHO!

#9563 1 year ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

You could try telescoping magnet if you have one. The hard part is seeing where the screw ended up. Maybe take your phone and put it in video mode, and try to see where it is.

That was the first thing I thought..although the telescoping magnet I have won't fit between the pcb and the pf...SO, that ideer went out the window fast..If I just knew specifically where it was, it would be half the battle...that's why I was thinking compressed air (and I don't own a little guy like that yet). I tried shaking the pf, and fanning it (lol), and wherever it settled, it likes it there..I would rather take the pf out than to take that board off; that thing looks very delicate in spots, and looks like a PIA to take off/on right.

#9565 1 year ago

Took the board off the pf, sorta..got about 2" of clearance between the two..still no dice..at least I can see that there's no clip on the topside of the pcb...

#9568 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Make sure machine is off. Look to find it. Maybe it fell out and you did not notice it? Could also be in-between the large pcb and the smaller blue solenoid boards. There are two of them.
More thought.. looks in the trolls too.. check to see it has not fallen all the way down and is on the speaker. Could also be sitting in the wiring loom.
MMr needs to work for Christmas!

Thanks for the headsup,..Yeah, I've checked the sub magnet, the bottom of the cab, I've taken the driver boards off..and also looked in the troll holes..one thing I haven't looked through is the wiring loom..it could have snagged in the loom..and it could be higher or lower than what my ears heard, last night..Fortunately it looks like it's not on any boards, and that was my main concern..don't want a silly problem to get 'real'. Thanks for the tips..still on the hunt..If I get tired of the search, i'll grab another leaf mount adaptor and just cross fingers (after visually confirming it's on any boards!) Don't worry, I have about 18 other machines to play with But I know, this concern is realllll (not playing for xmas). lol.

#9569 1 year ago

needle in a haystack! Time to drink and be merry, look again, rinse and repeat. ..It's crazy how difficult this task is! Almost over it!

69360457465__0B18E2AB-0064-4038-A47D-2E4F959D2666 (resized).jpeg69360457465__0B18E2AB-0064-4038-A47D-2E4F959D2666 (resized).jpeg
#9579 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Did you have some success?

I didn’t find it, but not in the boards. Going to fire it up tonight. I didn’t have a spare leaf screw plate, so I temporarily made my own from a bottle cap lol works/holds great actually!

2CCC6ABD-F20B-438F-8A3E-B1B05C15E575 (resized).jpeg2CCC6ABD-F20B-438F-8A3E-B1B05C15E575 (resized).jpeg
#9581 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you check inside the lip of the cabinet speaker? There about an inch or two that's covered by the speaker frame. If the clip hit the back of the speaker cone and slid down, it would be out of sight in there.

Yup yup yup! I checked EVERYWHERE, except where it actually is lol.

#9586 1 year ago

UPDATE..I got the pinmonk zen fans installed, minus the missing eos clip..all good. Yeah, all is good. Now to put some continuos gameplay on it, and report back..(most likely won't report back, unless there is a problem)..I have to admit, it was a bitch of an install..the stars and planets might have been misaligned for this one..lol..(and I do mods)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 210.00
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield Township, MI
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider king-henry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=king-henry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.