149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jjhlh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1686 6 years ago

After playing MM and AFM more and more I can see why they are so highly rated. Two of the best games ever.

#1692 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I've been debating about getting a AFM as well as I enjoy that game a lot too. Only concern is if it's too similar to MM, would it get boring?
I found it to be fun and the humor great like MM.

I don't think they are too similiar. Very different theme, music, call outs, and toys. The fun and tongue-in-cheek humor is similiar to MM and that is a good thing!

#1694 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm right there with you! I bought a TZ recently, and I'm not really feeling it. I know everyone puts this at the top of the list, but I just don't get it. I find the left jets and drains defeating, and I find the excessive punishment for missed shots to be a buzzkill.
So, I'm debating parting with the TZ, grabbing a Getaway as my second game, and perhaps saving for a AFMr
Only thing holding me back (aside from $$$) is the idea that a MB remake might be coming next!

I'm thinking MMr, AFMr, and MBr would be a nice small home collection.

3 months later
#2221 6 years ago
Quoted from bwrightmcse:

So my new MMR is supposed to ship from Chicago Gaming this week (per my awesome distributor), I missed the stern built run and am completely stoked.
Is anyone else on the list for CG/non-stern built MMR? Would this be considered as a MMRR? ;P.

I'm waiting on one also, as well as an AFMr.

#2245 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

It's more the feel than anything. AFMR feels sturdy, where I find MMR in comparison feels slightly rickety.
Might just be me, or my specific game, but I do feel that AFM is built better. I used the word "noticeable" in my last post, but that may not be a fair way of describing it, as the difference in quality in my opinion is probably closer to subtle.
It doesn't help either that I had a host of issues right out of the box with my MMR
Regardless... Two fantastic games that will probably never leave my growing collection.

They are using an improved melamine covered cabinet for AFMr. To the best of my knowledge they didn't do this for MMr, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Could this account for a subtle difference in feel? I have an MMr on order, probably one built by CGC, so in a few months I will be able to directly compare the two. The plywood bottom is standard in both:

"The game's cabinetry has been greatly improved. Both the cabinet and backbox are manufactured with melamine clad plywood. Melamine is 10 times more scratch resistant than traditional lacquer finishes. The original fiberboard cabinet bottom has been replaced with a ½" plywood bottom - significantly improving the strength of the cabinet and providing added protection for the cashbox."

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm.php

3 months later
#2877 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Quick question... I played a CGC build the other day, and I just felt like the game was slightly more solid than my LE. Maybe it's all in my head. Maybe it's because the game was new out of the box.
Is this all in my crazy head, or are they doing a better job putting these things together now that it's all under CGC's control?

I think CGC is using an improved melamine covered cabinet for MMr like they do for AFMr now that they are assembling it. Not sure if this could account for a slight difference in feel or not. Great game either way!

“The game's cabinetry has been greatly improved. Both the cabinet and backbox are manufactured with melamine clad plywood. Melamine is 10 times more scratch resistant than traditional lacquer finishes. The original fiberboard cabinet bottom has been replaced with a ½" plywood bottom - significantly improving the strength of the cabinet and providing added protection for the cashbox.”

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm.php

#2879 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

MMR has a plywood bottom for sure. CGC made the cabinets for all MMRs, Sterns assembly is an implementation detail...
All the parts still originated from CGC.

Yes, all the remakes have plywood bottoms but I don’t think the older MMRs have the melamine covered cabinet. If they did they probably would have touted it in the original product description like they are currently doing with AFMr. A few months back this came up and a member said that his older MMr had a standard cabinet without the melamine. Again, I don’t know if this could account for a perceived difference or not, just mentioning it as a possibility.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/46#post-3948087

#2891 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I have both an original MMR and an AFMr. Not sure how to tell the cabinet differences to be honest.

Yes I’m not sure either. Running your hand over the decals on both does the AFMr feel smoother?

#2918 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Had mine 3 months now and it looks and plays better than the day I opened the box.

How do you like it compared to AFMr? I'm thinking seriously of getting an MMr to go with it. I'm super impressed with the remakes.

3 weeks later
#3007 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Well, I just installed my first set of pinstadium lights on my MMR. All I can say is WOW! What a huge difference. I never realized how dark MMR was. My wife kept making me turn the pinstadium lights on and off so she could see the difference. She was absolutely amazed and said it was the best thing I’ve bought for my Pinball hobby. Lol. Here are the before and after pictures. The pictures truly don’t do it justice. The UV Glow flashers are amazing too! Lastly, the app puts pinstadium lights over the top. You have complete control over the lighting. One more thing, the customer service from Scott is unsurpassed. Literally the best you will experience. Thanks Scott!!

Awesome! Was it difficult to install? I love MMr but the relative darkness of the game is the only thing that I never liked. This seems like a perfect fix.

1 month later
#3148 6 years ago
Quoted from Sam40:

Newbie here..... Should have my MMr by the end of the week.....
Anyone hook up the pinstadium lights to an MMr ?
Would like to see some pix if anyone has done it....
Thanks for any help.....

Yes, I’m getting an MMr soon too and would be very interested in learning more about this. Are the Pinstadium lights difficult to install for those of us with limited technical skills?

1 week later
#3165 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Nut:

Hi guys was thinking about pulling the trigger and buying a new MMr Standard. I'm reading a lot of people complaining about the clear coat flaking away is this a problem from the earlier runs or are they still occurring today. If this was a Stern issue people would be demanding that there playfields be changed, has anyone confronted CGC about this problem and if so what was their response?

Definitely buy it! I just unboxed one yesterday to go along with my AFMr LE. Glad to be in the club. Great game!

0BAFCE5E-8F70-4868-AE7D-1CE42C8D2AAB (resized).jpeg0BAFCE5E-8F70-4868-AE7D-1CE42C8D2AAB (resized).jpeg
7C90AA0A-F168-4B5D-8F30-74E9B8CF25E9 (resized).jpeg7C90AA0A-F168-4B5D-8F30-74E9B8CF25E9 (resized).jpeg
CBE81CA3-744C-4A01-99AB-6C44B3700C9C (resized).jpegCBE81CA3-744C-4A01-99AB-6C44B3700C9C (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#3233 5 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I'm looking at getting a MMR in May and thought about going this route, but I believe I am deciding against it. Based on my research it seems to me one of the biggest advantages with going new is you know that the decals are installed better than the Stern built MMRs. Wasn't there also an issue with opacity of the black ink on the fields too? That would be avoided as well.
You guys correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that all of the limited games were built by Stern. I do not like that the decals are folded on top of each other on the front corners like all stern built games from back then. In my experience there are always air bubbles at those corners.

Yes, you have done your research and are correct. The CGC built MMr machines also come with the melamine covered cabinet like with AFMr. Great game either way though so you really can’t go wrong.

#3251 5 years ago

My Pinstadium lights arrived today and I installed them in my MMr. This game is relatively dark and benefits hugely from these lights. After seeing them in person st TPF I knew immediately that I had to order some. I’m generally not much of a mod guy (except for PDI glass) but the Pinstadium lights make such an amazing difference I consider them a must if you really want to enjoy your game to its fullest. The phone app is awesome giving you total control over brightness and colors. Scott’s customer service is terrific. If I can install these anyone can.
B8D9C785-EB4C-4A0E-96B3-4201994B357C (resized).jpegB8D9C785-EB4C-4A0E-96B3-4201994B357C (resized).jpeg
CA682DED-CD3C-497A-94CC-833E4092E6B5 (resized).jpegCA682DED-CD3C-497A-94CC-833E4092E6B5 (resized).jpeg

6 months later
#3648 5 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Would any of you consider trading your MMR for a MBR? I'm debating this currently. Talk me off the ledge

Don’t do it. MMr is the stronger game. The enhancements on MBr are nice but don’t make up for the differences in the underlying game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Saint John, NB
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jjhlh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=jjhlh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.