c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimfnb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4488 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Apologize if I missed this mentioned already: Is there a sound upgrade over early SEs? This is the only thing I feel is lacking on my 3 yr old machine.

Totally agree. Hopefully there’s a software update available to everyone for improved sound.

2 weeks later
#4624 4 years ago

If anyone still needs the diffuser kit, it's $11 with free shipping at gameroom guys. I just got one, very fast shipping. The site says there are 2 left.

https://www.gameroomguys.com/Medieval-Madness-Playfield-Diffuser

3 weeks later
#4719 4 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Anyone have install instructions for the MMr light diffuser they could share/send me?
Thanks

See this post from earlier in the thread -- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/11#post-3061859

1 month later
#4859 4 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

How many people sold their original for a mmr? And are you happy with the way the mmr plays compared to the original?

If you haven’t yet, search this thread for ‘original’ and you’ll get some earlier thoughts. One guy I remembered (Damien) had both side by side for awhile, which is why I searched, but unfortunately he just said they were different, not better or worse, and he wasn’t very specific about why.

Most seemed to favor the remake but again not many specifics. It’s still worth perusing though, I think.

3 weeks later
#5039 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

3.0.0 will be available at some point. Don't worry about restore or reinstall right now. Be patient.
2.0.2 won't operate your game right. And most likely 3.0.0 won't work right in older games without the kits installed.
LTG : )

Well, I had been on the fence about the light kit for my old SE but I just put my order in. The code update puts it over the top for me into a must-have. Topper and screen are for down the road when I'm rich -- if they're still avail, and if I'm ever rich. But the lights are in your face literally the entire time you play, and the FOMO of the updated code would eat at me every time I played too!

#5047 4 years ago

I ordered with kingpin games — just got my name of their list at this point.

Edit - they said they’ll contact me for payment when there’s a firmer shipment date. Right now it’s just a vague late march delivery and I'm sure it’s uncertain until they ask for payment.

3 months later
#6071 3 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

A question for anyone who has owned an MMR and one of the newer models....Has the sound quality been improved? On my MMR the speech is a little muddy and hard to understand.

Good q. I’m very interested in this too, and any thoughts and impressions on the sound quality of the latest build would be welcome, thanks.

#6076 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Who knows, but my sound on my MMRLE is sounds crystal clear..maybe u have an issue with your machine?

Sound quality is a very common complaint on the original MMRs. I’m very glad that it looks like CGC fixed it for the new machines.

My hope is that the updated code will fix this for my old MMR. But I agree with LTG from earlier in the thread that the new code won’t run on the older model without the RGB lighting upgrade, which is why I’m getting that first over the topper and DMD.

#6078 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Is this true? LTG? I would have thought that the larger screen upgrade kit would have the sound improvement, not the RGB kit.

My hope is that the new code itself includes improvements in sound quality, plus the audio adjustments, to make the sound better on older models. But of course the code likely won’t run without some of the upgrades, per LTG’s post —

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/101#post-5458163

I *ass*umed it’s the rgb kit that requires the new code to run from the post below —

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/101#post-5457606

But I could be wrong — maybe you need both the rgb kit and the screen. The topper should not be needed to run the new code.

I'm definitely getting the lights in any case so I’ll report back.

1 week later
#6148 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Uh oh... trying to go from 1.0 to 3.0. Brand new card.
Trying again. Really don't want to brick this.
[quoted image]

You have an LE from the original run, correct?

Based on earlier posts in the thread, I don't think the new s/w works with the older machines yet -- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/122#post-5660005

#6153 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I do and did and it seems to work fine.

That's great news!

#6161 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I do and did and it seems to work fine.

Do you notice anything different compared to the old code?

Specifically I'm wondering if the sound is improved with the new code.

From CGC's release notes it looks like it's just support for the upgrade kits and a bug on the custom logo -- https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness/update

thanks

1 month later
#6787 3 years ago

I got this and am very very happy. How can a small piece of plastic contribute to one’s happiness??? But it does! Thanks for offering this.

Edit: can you post instructions to modify the lighting?

Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Check this out fellows….a custom made, LIT, missing center lane piece. After about 2 hours of dremeling and modifying the framework, including modding the lighting, wala….pretty cool, huh???
Pretty cool how someone else is attempting to recreate these covers too.
I still have a handful left....when theyre gone theyre gone...don't think I will be doing these again, simply not enough time these days. Tks.
[quoted image]

2 weeks later
#7025 3 years ago

The day I care what some rando on the internet thinks is the day I need to get off the internet.

Thanks westsiderkg for doing this for the those of us who want it.

2 years later
#9462 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone have gold mirror blades in theirs? Was going to do mirror blades as they help bring light etc in, but gold ones may match the ramps etc.....

I have the gold but don’t have the installed yet if I get them installed soon then I’ll pm you.

I remember seeing pics that sold me on gold but I can’t recall exactly where. They were a nice gold tone, not cheesy bling.

5 months later
#9608 1 year ago

Does anyone know what this is?

Taking pics for a possible trade and lifted the pf and — naturally — this falls out of the wiring harness. Thanks.

630B0B46-E1F4-4E1F-B8CD-90C939EE85F4 (resized).jpeg630B0B46-E1F4-4E1F-B8CD-90C939EE85F4 (resized).jpeg
#9611 1 year ago

Thanks Lloyd. You’re the best.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 29.95
$ 45.00
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimfnb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=jimfnb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.