speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarozi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3877 5 years ago

Now that I've made some room I'm looking to join the club! Anyone know of a place that has MMR in stock?

#3879 5 years ago

Thanks Lloyd! Looks like I just need to be patient, everyone is saying late April for the next run.

#3883 5 years ago

I'm still waiting to find out if the insert text was fixed on these, please don't spoil it for me. I'm only on page 20 of this thread, trying to get caught up before my MMR gets here in April.

neverending-story-movie (resized).jpgneverending-story-movie (resized).jpg
2 months later
#3954 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone have a feature matrix comparing the le to the standard? Or anyone know the main differences?

I believe the LE differences are:

- Trim color choices; Black, Gold or Stainless
- Shaker
- LE plate w/ number
- $200 discount on color chip

5 months later
#4186 4 years ago

Been waiting for the next batch to pick up an MMR, glad I waited, these upgrades look amazing.

3 months later
#4916 4 years ago

I emailed my distro over the weekend for a status, response was that they had no updates to share, but would reach out when they did. Last update I got was back in Oct when they took deposit and said games would be ready in January.

2 weeks later
#5086 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Quick question, if the MMR original runs display dots were compared to ColorDMD, what would be the equivalent - ColorDMD LCD or LED? I have a guess but wanted to be sure...

LCD

1 month later
#5364 4 years ago

I have a color chip available for $350 shipped (lower 48) if anyone needs one. I ordered it for an MMR I had on order, they delayed so long Royals came out and I moved my deposit to one of those. It's never been installed in a machine. PM if interested.

Added over 4 years ago:

Sold.

#5389 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Just heard game should ship on Monday.

Pretty sure I just got the same email, Monday it is.

#5395 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

What version did you order?

Royal Edition

#5406 4 years ago

Tracking number received.

x8HP4lf.gifx8HP4lf.gif
#5425 4 years ago

FedEx hasn’t called but tracking shows tomorrow

#5429 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Yeah that tracking is usually when the local hub will get it. You'll need to call and schedule them to deliver it to your house. Just remember it's freight so you'll have to find the number to your local Fedex Freight Facility.
When I ordered MBR I had to call. This time they called me.

Well I called them Monday and whoever I connected with said 'it will be delivered to your house Wednesday'. But I just called them back and now they said I needed to schedule, which I did for tomorrow. They also confirmed that it was there at my local hub, arrived this morning. So if all goes well, one more day.

#5437 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

There will be 500 MMR's produced which include CE/Std (Classic), SE (Special), and RE (Royal) ... the Royals will be a subset of the total ... that subset is not going to be disclosed ... but there are alot of CE and SE orders that will be filled first.
The RE editions will ONLY be coming out of this run of MMR's ...

^^^ From a few months back.

#5463 4 years ago

Seems like the King needs a sword in that hand, mod idea?

#5465 4 years ago

MMR RE #10 in the house!

canvas (resized).pngcanvas (resized).png
#5469 4 years ago

Yeah, I was just using the serial number.

#5473 4 years ago

Starting the unboxing, the metal flake paint looks better in person than in the pics...
IMG_0416 (resized).JPEGIMG_0416 (resized).JPEGIMG_0417 (resized).JPEGIMG_0417 (resized).JPEGIMG_0418 (resized).JPEGIMG_0418 (resized).JPEGIMG_0419 (resized).JPEGIMG_0419 (resized).JPEG

#5484 4 years ago

Unboxing continues, born on date of 9-April...

IMG_0420 (resized).JPEGIMG_0420 (resized).JPEGIMG_0421 (resized).JPEGIMG_0421 (resized).JPEGIMG_0422 (resized).JPEGIMG_0422 (resized).JPEGIMG_0423 (resized).JPEGIMG_0423 (resized).JPEG
#5488 4 years ago

Finished setup and playing like a champ. Tonight I'll install a few mods and we'll be off and running. Super stoked to finally have one of my all time favorite games in the house.
IMG_0424 (resized).JPEGIMG_0424 (resized).JPEGIMG_0425 (resized).JPEGIMG_0425 (resized).JPEGIMG_0426 (resized).JPEGIMG_0426 (resized).JPEG

#5515 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

How do you install the topper? I don’t see how in the Manual and no cables are labeled.

We had this same question, thankfully the wire length kind of give a clue, and some of them are indeed keyed, but two had the same pinout.

Here is how we did it and it all checked out in the test menu, hope this helps...
IMG_0432 (resized).JPEGIMG_0432 (resized).JPEG

#5516 4 years ago

Installed the Mantis protectors, 3/4 weren't that bad. Merlin hole was a PITA, there's not a lot of gap between the kickout plunger and the wall of the hole for the Mantis to use. I had to angle the plunger a bit away from the hole wall using washers between the coil mount and bracket. From the factory the coil/plunger was actually tilted a bit outward toward the hole edge, it wasn't straight up and down, leaving even less clearance for the protector. I did end up drilling and using a screw on the front moat protector, that empty screw hole would have bugged me.

#5526 4 years ago

Installed the Lermods undercab lighting kit, syncs with speakers/GI, here's what it looks like in action...

#5527 4 years ago

Dupe.

#5530 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Looks great! I see your sub. Did you connect it with a sub out kit (like Sterns and a pinnovator's kit) or can you connect directly from a factory audio out jack on a board (like you can on JJPs)? This will be my first CGC.
Thanks

Thanks! Yes, direct connect to the factory subwoofer via alligator clips.

Using something like this guy sells, but made my own: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1176-gweem-s-mods/02289-10-ft-external-subwoofer-cable

#5543 4 years ago

I'm trying to add a custom image to the MMR RE, and getting an "SD Card Cannot be Mounted" error message. I've tried 2 cards so far. When the first didn't work I ordered the exact one CGC links you to on their support pages and I get the same message. Has anyone with 3.0.0 been able to load a custom image?

1 week later
#5698 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

So just throwing it together, this was my thought process. Ideas? I know they’re not numbered so I am just using the serial number
This is just a screen shot so not the best quality, but the original file is a bmp
[quoted image]

I had been working one something to put in the custom logo spot, this is where I'm at for now. It's a crude stretch of the side art scroll, my photoshop kung fu is weak. The "Royal Edition" is kind of just stamped in there, if I had any talent I would make that look like part of the art in a more nuanced way. As it is I used the font, or close to it, used on the playfield (Honda ITC) for the "oyal dition" and Old English for the caps.
MedievalMadnessRELogo (resized).pngMedievalMadnessRELogo (resized).png

#5712 3 years ago

Can someone with a Royal Edition attempt to load a custom logo? I've tried several times with no success, even re-imaged by machine and using the same SD card tried again. The error I get is 'unable to mount SD card'.

I've been working with CGC but because of stay at home policies they are unable to test so I thought I would ask here if someone could give it a go. Thanks!

#5734 3 years ago
Quoted from default_user:

I don't have the Royal, but the new SE has the same screen and I was able to easily load a custom logo once I figured out the proper way to export a BMP image on a Mac.
"Unable to mount" seems like a formatting issue on the SD card. Perhaps try a different method format the SD card?

I've tried 3 SD cards now, formatted FAT32 on Windows and Mac, confirmed my image meets the criteria. Every time I get "could not mount SD card".

Can you confirm your OS version? Mine is 3.0.0 BETA 3. Thanks again.

#5740 3 years ago
Quoted from Oscilated:

I have the same issue. To test my card, I successfully loaded the logo on my MBr. That test seems to indicate there's an issue in MMrRE software.

Quoted from default_user:

3.0.0 BETA 1 (Jan 15, 2020)

Thanks guys, based on this I'm going to assume it's a possible bug in BETA 3. I've reported all this info to CGC via my support ticket.

#5743 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Like in these pictures.
LTG : )
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the advice Lloyd, took care of my stubborn right troll this morning using your vice technique. Now the trolls are (slightly) less obnoxious to battle.

#5836 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

How do you guys feel about putting mods on a MMr RE, is this blasphemous? I get mine next week and I was debating on whether I should mod it or simply throw some PDI glass on it and call it good. I know if I were to sell it in the future, which I hardly doubt, it really doesn't help with resell, if anything, it may deter some potential buyers.

It's your machine, do what makes you happy, I added some lighting to mine and the Mantis protectors. In the future I might get some Voodoo or PDI glass, and maybe light up the troll eyes, but that would be about it.

#5873 3 years ago

My RE had no protector at Merlin scoop, I installed a Mantis there. I also installed the Mantis protectors for behind the castle, the moat upkick and the drawbridge/lock entry. There were no protectors already in place in these areas on mine. The only area that had a metal protector already is the ball drain hole under the apron.

I’ve seen it mentioned a few times that there is a metal Merlin protector from the factory on these RE’s and I don’t think that’s the case. If it is they forgot mine

#5875 3 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Got my royal delivered yesterday. Such a great overall package. This is my second CGC machine and the overall build quality just feels more solid than my Stern’s. I do get the date and time not set error every time a turn it on - seems like that might be a software glitch on all the machines.

I have this problem as well, every now and then. What is consistent is that the clock timer doesn't run when the game is off, not sure if that's just how these remakes work? Either way I opened a case for both issues, we'll see what they say. Maybe just a bad battery?

Hey evh347 did that new battery fix things for you, is your game keeping time and running the clock when off?

#5884 3 years ago
Quoted from antbanks:

Full disclosure, I am complete newb when it comes to pinball so please be understanding in your replies. I collect early 80s arcade games. I own two other pins that I just bought several months back now which my family has enjoyed the hell out of. So I decided to get new MM royal edition and this is my first NIB purchase. Been following this thread ever since then. I have to be honest, all of these issues out of the box that people are experiencing is concerning. Unlike everyone else posting here, I did not grow up playing this game. So identifying and fixing these problems is going to be challenging to say the least. It’s not that I expect these games to be problem free, but it would be nice to get eased into these issues one at a time.
I have not gotten my game yet, and unlike others here, I am happy to wait as long as possible for delivery due to covid and an immune suppressed person in the house. Does anyone know if these games are still in the process of being finished, and if so, are these problems being addressed with the remaining games that have yet to be shipped?
Thanks for any info and words of advice.

As far as new in box pinballs go, my experience with CGC has been very good. The issues are very minor and easily corrected. I've had no issues on my MMR that affect game play or my enjoyment of the game. CGC will take care of you if there are issues, so I wouldn't worry. And if you do have a couple things to deal with, it's a good way to learn how to tweak these things. Over the life of the machine there will be little things here and there, but for the most part in a home use environment they are really really low maintenance. Welcome to the hobby, you're in the right place for advice, help and like minded folks who just want to have fun flipping.

#5885 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I opened a ticket with CGC on the date/time not holding while the game is powered off. The response I got was that I should replace the CR2032 battery. So I did. Initially, there was no change in behavior, but I may have been premature on assuming it was not fixed. The last couple days, the date/time clock seems to be running in the background while the machine is powered off. The tech did say he was going to escalate to an engineer before I realized the date/time was moving normally, albeit slow.
Timboch reported what looked like white grease on the back of his stock CR2032 Battery and it was on the board too when he went to clean it off with a Q-tip. I had a bit of that white grease on my battery too, but I didn’t think about checking the board at the time.
The other remakes in my collection have not had a date/time advancement problem.

Thanks, I'll swap the battery and see if that fixes it, mine had the white crap too fwiw. I cleaned it off but still no joy holding the time.

#5988 3 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Ok. ....
Has anyone put their custom logo on the MMRRE?
I've done the others I have but this one is just not taking it.
Opened a new 16, 32, 64 and 128g msd from the package. All new and genuine Sandisk.
Game keeps telling me unable to mount card.
The file is a simple 320x80 bmp. Same file I used on the others .
It's not telling me it doesn't like the file, it's stating that it cannot mount the card.
Any ideas? I'm missing something.

Had the same problem, no solution so far. Another user on here mentioned they tried a card and image that worked in their Monster Bash, worked on MB not in his RE. Same error, could not mount SD card.

#5989 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I opened a ticket with CGC on the date/time not holding while the game is powered off. The response I got was that I should replace the CR2032 battery. So I did. Initially, there was no change in behavior, but I may have been premature on assuming it was not fixed. The last couple days, the date/time clock seems to be running in the background while the machine is powered off. The tech did say he was going to escalate to an engineer before I realized the date/time was moving normally, albeit slow.
Timboch reported what looked like white grease on the back of his stock CR2032 Battery and it was on the board too when he went to clean it off with a Q-tip. I had a bit of that white grease on my battery too, but I didn’t think about checking the board at the time.
The other remakes in my collection have not had a date/time advancement problem.

Thanks again, I've replaced the battery and it looks like it's keeping time now.

Added over 4 years ago:

Spoke too soon, two days in a row now I get the test report error 'Time/date not set' and I have to go in and set it again. Re-opening ticket with CGC.

#5994 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

see older posts (esp. the one where a guy has tested the same card with an MBR and it works; Beta 3; this is really an issue. How to update the pin without mounting a SD Card?

What was funny was that I could update the software no problem, so it can read the cards for that purpose. Just not to load the custom image.

#5996 3 years ago

I have a ticket opened, but it hasn't been updated since last week.

#5998 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

oh cool; I am waiting for the MMRE, so I just read all postings an be patient.
with which software can you update? only the old version is available for download.

When I opened the ticket they sent me a link to download 3.0.0 Beta 3, the current RE version.

#6011 3 years ago

FWIW, I put a $1000 deposit down with PPS last October. I was solicited to make a final payment on a Friday in April, by the next Friday it had shipped, the following Thursday it was delivered. I actually emailed a couple distros who are popular on here back in October and neither got back to me. One not at all, and the other not until a couple weeks ago. I get it, I only bought one machine through one of them, so I wasn’t a VIP I guess. I went instead to PPS and I haven’t regretted it.

#6046 3 years ago

Have they said what exactly they are waiting on? If it's the topper controller board that gets mounted in the back box they may be hesitant to send separate. As a manufacturer I would want to be the one installing / wiring / testing that before it left the factory.

#6054 3 years ago

My wait for NIB MM started waaaay back when the guy in Australia was going to make them, just happy to have a source however slow. If you're waiting on one you won't be disappointed, it's worth it. If you've bailed I wouldn't be too concerned about getting one down the line, they'll be around either as original Royal's or upgraded other versions.

#6055 3 years ago

Question about the lock shot, how does the game compute a hit? Very very rarely a ball goes in there that doesn't register.

#6079 3 years ago

It's been years since I've played an original, but my RE sounds great. I can make out all dialog just fine, and I've added an external sub-woofer, which I would think might degrade the ability to hear dialog. No complaints here.

#6084 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

The batteries that MMR uses do not leak like normal alkaline do.

Yeah it doesn't look like a leak, it looks like adhesive. Like something they might have been stuck to in bulk packaging.

Mines been fine since a battery swap, had a false alarm I'm attributing to a power blip at the house. Going on a week now with no further trouble.

#6120 3 years ago

Software version 3.0.0 has been posted, no beta tag this time. Confirmed it fixes the custom logo issue for me.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness/update

V3.0.0 RELEASE NOTES

This version includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:

1) Added support for King of Payne Topper.
2) Added support for XL Display.
3) Added support for RGB LI LEDs.
4) Fixed bug preventing custom logo installation.

IMG_0515 (Small) (resized).jpegIMG_0515 (Small) (resized).jpeg
#6124 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Awesome. Would you mind sharing your logo? Or give us some tips/advice on creating it?
Thanks

For sure, here is the link to the BMP files nearly ready to go, just add your number. I created two versions. The font used for the lower case and numbers is Honda ITC, a very similar font to the playfield font, you'll have to find that and install it if you don't have it.

Link to images:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoayyHfYK0h0hJ1VtfHwNGOpOCRROg?e=ihavsp

Preview images here...
MedievalMadness_RE_v1_10 (resized).pngMedievalMadness_RE_v1_10 (resized).pngMedievalMadness_RE_v2_10 (resized).pngMedievalMadness_RE_v2_10 (resized).png

2 weeks later
#6350 3 years ago

It should flush completely with the play field when it first lowers. Did you install the Mantis protector? When I did it initially blocked the drawbridge from lowering all the way, I had to adjust it to get the drawbridge to sit flush.

#6390 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Did any MM Royal owners receive either extra plastics or a key fob with their game?

Mine had an extra set of sling rubber, that was about it.

#6434 3 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Can someone give me the exact height of the topper? The website size says nearly 8" I have almost 7 3/4" of clearance.
Thanks
Mike

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/110#post-5599680

1 week later
#6528 3 years ago
Quoted from antbanks:

Hi, was wondering if this is normal for the drawbridge to hang open a little like this when it’s upright. It functions 100% but when it draws up it doesn’t go all the way vertical and hangs open just a bit. Any advice or info is appreciated.
[quoted image]

I’ve heard it’s normal, but mine goes straight up and is flush with the castle when retracted. So I imagine it’s possible to tweak it to do the same on yours.

2 weeks later
#6716 3 years ago

Thanks, just ordered a set. If you have a Royal or SE be sure to get his interactive under-cab lights as well. Syncs with the speaker lights and really adds to the lightshow.

1 week later
#6805 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Has anyone had issues with a ball going through Merlin's Magic, and not dropping into the saucer hole, it just keeps popping out the exit. My easy shots go in the hole, but a strong shot pops out the back. Frustrating, especially when it's lit for Extra Ball.

Search "merlin foam" here on pinside, this is a known quirk. I've left mine stock for now, but yeah, it's frustrating when you nail that shot, REALLY need it, and it rockets to the right instead of landing in the scoop. But I'm in the 'that's the way it was designed' camp. Best strategy is try to hit it slightly left or right of true.

#6896 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

check out this video, sometimes my display is not hi.res and not colored
you see the problem at
0:07
0:27
0:35
1:09

I never noticed this at MBR LE or AFM LE
thank you tom

You might check that your color chip is seated firmly. Not sure where it is on the RE, but I seem to recall this was a suggestion for the same behavior on the AFMr thread. Best I can tell the color chip is just a security dongle, and when it loses connection the software drops back to standard. Don't quote me on that, pure speculation.

2 months later
#7676 3 years ago

Hmmm, here's a pic from my RE, looks like they're using a different design w/ a cutout. I've never had a hangup. Maybe they can sell you this new part or you can clip yours to roughly match what they're doing now.

IMG_0735 (resized).jpegIMG_0735 (resized).jpeg
#7678 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Mine has the cut out and hangs occasionally.
Maybe we should try increasing the pitch?

Is it getting caught on the overhanging flap or the trimmed/flush edge?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarozi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=jarozi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.