Topic Stats

• 4,910 posts
  • 467 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 minutes ago by bicyclenut
  • Topic is favorited by 265 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 600 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200123_141829 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190819_175757 (resized).jpg
IMG_4641 (resized).JPG
Monster-Bash-Translite (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-Translite-1 (resized).jpg
Attack-From-Mars-square (resized).jpg
AFM  (resized).jpg
Attack-From-Mars-table-6 (resized).jpg
238385DE-4D61-45E6-A1FC-6E69B4EE2406 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4298 (resized).JPG
0EBB2CDF-C0CC-4115-BEAB-5A60471E54D0 (resized).jpeg
52F32CC1-5E75-40B1-8E89-D1E086DC6339 (resized).jpeg
5A3FDCCD-7068-4E71-9208-6E60B939A13A (resized).jpeg
20191218_213207.jpg
20191218_173406 (resized).jpg
20191218_165621 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider holmstarrunner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1702 2 years ago

Ran into an issue. I was trying to tie a backboard led strip to the right castle flasher behind the backboard. I tested it by just placing the wires on by the solder pads by hand and it worked fine.

I then turned the game off, soldered the led strip wires directly to the flasher solder pads. I turned the game on, tested it and both right castle flashers turned really dim and the led strip didn't light.

I then desoldered the led strip off and both flashers still flash dimly. Any ideas where to start?

#1705 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You probably hurt how they are powered. The LED strip may have been too much of a strain on things.
LTG : )

The strip was 1 meter so I'm sure I hurt something. Anyway I can diagnose what it is or if there is a board to replace? I hope it's not the big one but if so, I guess it doesn't hurt to have a spare.

#1706 2 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

The led strip is not too much for the system unless it is 4m long. Did you solder it on backwards? I hope you didn't damage anything... if you need something plug and play to do that, let me know I can build it.
ยป YouTube video

Nice offer, thanks. I saw your MMr kit and was tempted. I decided to tie to a flasher instead of always on...although regretting the decision now.

As I'm getting little power now, maybe I can just change the flasher to a normal led to brighten it up (only halfway joking).

#1718 2 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

Ran into an issue. I was trying to tie a backboard led strip to the right castle flasher behind the backboard. I tested it by just placing the wires on by the solder pads by hand and it worked fine.
I then turned the game off, soldered the led strip wires directly to the flasher solder pads. I turned the game on, tested it and both right castle flashers turned really dim and the led strip didn't light.
I then desoldered the led strip off and both flashers still flash dimly. Any ideas where to start?

Kudos to Rock914 for the guidance and help. I put in a ticket with Chicago Gaming and they were super helpful! I need to replace the Q33A FET.

#1728 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Quick question. So an LED strip cannot be tied to the flasher without issues? Is that what CGC said? Will it blow the transistor every time? Interested in this mod...

I'll post CGC's response below. I believe I soldered them on backwards. I've added flashers under the dragon wings, under the moat and under the peasant ramp with no issue at all. I usually test them by hand on the correct way to hook them up and never had an issue before. Lesson learned! I also got a cheap led strip so no reverse diodes.

"Some LEDs have 'reverse' diodes in them to protect them against reverse voltages. Could damage the little FET. While the FDC6401s are rated for 3A, they are only 700mW, so they won't hold 3A for very long... Your LED strips likely draw 20 - 30mA for each LED, so count the LEDs and add them up. Our Flasher LEDs draw about 120mA each board..."

2 weeks later
#1822 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yea, that's what I figured. I usually stack 3-5 madnesses, and then light up the multiball. I had 3 extra balls last night, and crapped the bed shooting at castles. My game drains hard on shots to the gate. I don't recall this many SDTM when I first brought the game home though!

The only exception is Troll Madness. If trolls are lit, once you start multiball, destroy the trolls and you add Troll Madness and get an additional ball save. It may kick out another ball as well. For example, it you had a single two-ball multiball madness, it'll add a third ball.

4 months later
#2447 2 years ago

Gold blades.

IMG_20171008_183435940 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171008_183426195 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 87.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider holmstarrunner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside