F61CB725-A6B5-4383-8942-E9B8F27C95E3 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (6 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (3 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (1 year ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider headnz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5686 1 year ago

Just had notice that my MMR Royal edition will be with me in about 4 weeks. Woohoo!

#5702 1 year ago

Whoa! It looks amazing!! Cannot wait!!!

Congrats. Be great to get some feedback on the gameplay experience of the Royal Edition?

#5807 1 year ago

Very excited watching peoples games arrive, mine is on route. What changes are people making to the games ‘settings’? Are people reducing flipper power etc?

1 month later
#6261 1 year ago
Quoted from ILoveDimples:

Anyone know when the Australian MMR RE’s are leaving Chicago? Apparently deposits were paid in November and full payment made in April because they were supposed to be already loaded in a container and leaving. But they haven’t left yet. Seems a bit odd.

I got a shipping confirmation the other day so I know mine is on the way, hurry up, eeek! I’m in NZ btw.

#6263 1 year ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

How hard was it to remove the stainless side rails to get at the plastic trim? Aren't the side rails taped down? I be worried about messing up the side art on a new game.

Hi. On mine just screws holding the side rails .

#6271 1 year ago
Quoted from ILoveDimples:

Do you NZ guys import directly from CgC?

Direct to New Zealand via deal with Mr Pinball Aussie. BTW, Mr Pinball are great to deal with.

3 weeks later
#6600 1 year ago

My MMR turned up today. Box was a bit rough but everything was good on opening... phew! It really is a beautiful game... played perfectly out of the box... very smooth. A couple of vibrations and a blemish on the lock bar to sort and that’s it.
0E9AFCAE-9DCE-4385-8245-980BEADBA9BD (resized).jpeg6F97B23D-73C7-48FF-8CFE-11BD665E3C2B (resized).jpegCBE257C3-8911-4563-83F1-32B716E2539C (resized).jpeg516AFF4E-ACA9-4B19-BA29-4E33057BB992 (resized).jpeg64A947ED-3D4C-452B-9ED2-24F5E33A502A (resized).jpegEFD62758-49EF-4E7D-B6CE-65602DE1320F (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#6727 1 year ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

will sell the complete display unit incl. logo and el paper illumination
make an offer
[quoted image]

Where did you get that Williams logo? Looks great.

2 weeks later
#6870 1 year ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Dear LTG,
I found your answer regarding the Merlin hole and that the ball will not kick out.
I have the same issue, esp. that also several (automatically generate) "Empty balls" will not help; the bumper is too left and the ball lays often between bumper and edge.
You mentioned a washer. Do you have a picture how this will look like to fix?
Excuse me, its my first pin and I have the beautiful RE since 4 days.
TY
Joerg

Hi. Hmmm... this is interesting. On my NIB MMR RE after about a week my Merlin shot stopped registered the ball as well. Ball would go in but just sit there until ball search kicked it out. Turns out one of the wires connected to the ball sensor switch had come away from its soldered connection. Re-soldered it and away we go again. Good luck with yours.

6F487BF1-AE6D-4A7E-8F8E-64D6F54DB942 (resized).jpeg
#6888 1 year ago

I am trying to install a custom logo into my MMR. How do I do this? I cannot seem to find any info.

#6906 1 year ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

install 3.0 final and check MMR manual page 1-11ff (my printed version from CGC) or if not available check the MBR manual online (same as my printed version in that case)

Thanks for that. I couldn’t find it in the online MMR manual. Here is a screen shot from the AFM manual to help others.

4B249740-A4C4-4CE2-9C5D-D9F65E32CA10 (resized).jpeg
#6967 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Joined the club with a MMR Royal that CGC released to a distributor last week. I grabbed it up less than 10 minutes after the distributor posted it. No damage or problems so far. Lloyd helped me out with the topper instructions as those wiring instructions evidently don't exist. Thanks Lloyd!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love your pinball cover. Where did you get it!

Cheers
Craig

#6968 1 year ago

Question for you fellow remake owners. I've just noticed that my left flipper strikes higher than the right one. Are you seeing the same or do I need to make an adjustment? As I look at the photos, I think the left one needs to come down a little or the right one needs to come up a little... hmmm... what say you guys?

IMG_6912 (resized).jpegIMG_6922 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#7127 1 year ago

Hey all MMR Royal owners. What software version is on everyones machines? Mine in bootup says V3.0 ‘Beta’.

#7129 1 year ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

correct, the MMRRE has 3.0beta by factory; I updated to V3.0 final (see CGC page) to fix some smaller bugs. No probs with the update.

Right, thanks for comment. So on the Chicago Gaming Site software update page it says this:

V3.0.0 RELEASE NOTES
This version includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:

1) Added support for King of Payne Topper.
2) Added support for XL Display.
3) Added support for RGB LI LEDs.
4) Fixed bug preventing custom logo installation.

Are you saying the V3.0 ‘beta’ doesn’t include these things?

#7155 1 year ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Yes absolutely. Over a month ago I submitted a ticket. Within 2 days Ryan responded asking for pictures. Sent them same day. After 3 weeks I reached out to Ryan and asked for an update. Nothing. Another 2 weeks later I reached out again. No response. I had an issue with one of my side blades upon arrival when I first purchased the machine. Edwin (trouble ticket guy) sent me a new blade. So I reached out to Edwin last week asking him for an update (even though he wasn’t assigned the ticket). Edwin responded that he would try to send me out a small bottle of clear. I replied to him that this is more than just a small issue and needed a better solution with Ryan. No response. So in the end.... yes. CGC has blown me off

Same as me. I have a couple of issues, CGC fast to take your money, slow to fix the issues.

1 week later
#7306 1 year ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Haven't posted in a while...in fact, haven't even turned my machine on in a while! I did today, it has roughly only 350 plays on it.
During my first game, my ball went into the moat trough and the VUK wouldn't kick it up. When the machine attempted to look for the ball, that coil wouldn't fire when all others would? Cannot figure out why? Everything is pristine and rarely even used. Any ideas as what I might be looking at; and perhaps some steps to solve it? All connectors are seated properly (pretty sure they are on the blue board above the moat).
Thanks
Kyle

Hi Kyle

I had a similar thing in my new MMR but related to the Merlin kicker. Ball would go in but not kick out. Turned out a wire on that solenoid had broken away from its solder connection. Re-soldered it back in place and all good. Lift the play field and have a close look at the wire connections to the solenoids. Good luck.

Cheers
Craig

#7342 1 year ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Kicker 47KSC3504

Hi. Are these speakers a simple drop in install, and modifications etc required?

Thanks
Craig

1 month later
#7673 1 year ago

Hmmm... so does anyone have the ball getting caught on the trough protector and not dropping in and if so has anyone got a fix? This is on my MMRE and happens most games... grrrrr.

9F60C6A0-A465-462C-8E42-F947E46E22C9 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#7864 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I did install both, IMO the Infinity was much better. Infinity model 3032cfx.
Amazon $62 and free shipping.
Could not give away the Pyles.

How did the ohm thing workout with these speakers?

#7885 1 year ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

So I tried a few different speakers.  Settled on Hertz.
I tested all 3 below as well.  Less than 1 hour play time on each.  All sounded great compared to the very low grade factory Pyle speakers, nice improvement.
I can't return them to Crutchfield, so make me a reasonable offer, save a few bucks over new, and they're yours.  All work perfectly. 
PM me if interested, tks!  
Kicker 47KSC3504 3-1/2" 2-way Coax Speakers. I paid $67 total.  Will ship conus $50 obo..
Kicker 46CSC44 4" 2-way Coax Speakers.  I paid $52 total.  Will ship conus $40 obo...
Kicker 46CSC54 5.25" CS Coax Speakers.  I paid $64 new.  Will ship conus $50 obo...(this size should work on all models with larger speakers)
Install is VERY EASY.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Which model Hertz did you run with what happens with ‘ohm’ thing on speakers, they need to be the same as the OEM ones, right?

#7887 1 year ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Went with the 87.3....ever so slightly clearer on callouts, highest db sensitivity I could find on a pair of 3.5".
The kickers were very, very good...I'm just nutz and obsessive compulsive with things like this, lol...

Cool. And what about thing ohm thing?

#7896 1 year ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Says right troll switch 46 is bad.
Could I get help on where the switch is located and replacement part number fellows?

Also check connections to coil. I had an issue with my wizard coil not popping the ball out and it turned out to be a broken solder joint. Re-soldered wire back on to coil and everything was fine. Give the wires a ‘gentle’ pull at those connection points as I missed my fault twice before identifying the connection break.

#7901 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Realized I forgot to post a pic, so here is one I quick snapped from my kids game this afternoon. [quoted image]

I had exactly this problem. If you look back at a couple of my posts I have almost the same photo. I took that piece metal out and used a fine file and dremmel to remove the lip where the ball crosses into the trough and also smooth the metal tags each side. Easy fix, here is my after photo for you.

D4A0EA80-C992-46B2-A898-0925C3A9999B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider headnz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside