c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haveaniceswim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6949 3 years ago

MMR Classic Edition - same as MMR standard edition, but plywood bottom and finished backbox edges is standard now - original MSRP $8,000

Can anybody confirm that the color DMD upgrade sold for use with the standard edition works with the CE? Thanks!

1 week later
#7050 3 years ago

Hi. I’m a pinhead who’s stuck in the 90’s. I’m at my local arcade 3 days a week. They rotate 20+ pins that range from Jumping Jack (1973) to TMNT (2020) and while I try them all, I end up spending 95% of my time playing MM, TAF, TZ, Whirlwind, Funhouse and World Cup Soccer 94.

I’m not smart enough or handy enough to keep a 20+ year old game working, so owning a pin was never a real option. I wasn’t paying attention in 2015 when CGC started doing Remakes, and only found out about CGC very recently. TOM and MM are my favorite pins and when I discovered I could get a MMR NIB in the year 2020 I had to join this club.

I officially joined the club on Tuesday when my MMR CE arrived. 5 days in and I’m absolutely amazed at the quality of the product CGC produced. It plays exactly like the MM at the arcade (which is maintained to perfection by the owner). I’m thrilled with my purchase! Only one complaint...

As I’ve seen others mention in earlier posts, the callout volume level is low. The music drowns out the callouts too much. This is not a problem with the MM machine at the arcade. While the music is good, the callouts are what separates MM from other pins with great layouts and rulesets.

So I’ve seen the complaint on this board, but never seen a resolution. Is there one? I notice that the software in my machine (3.0.0 Beta 1) has a “subwoofer adjustment”. The range for the adjustment is from -127 to +127. Is there an optimum adjustment to emphasize voice over music, or is the mix messed up no matter where your subwoofer adjustment is? I’ve tried a few adjustments and can’t really find any level that makes much difference. But with 255 different positions available, I haven’t tried them all. Can anybody help?

My dream scenario is that CGC fixes the callout volume problem tomorrow and on the same day announces that TOM is the next remake. That would be a hell of a great day!

1 month later
#7418 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Added a sub filter today and sounds better now, just need to fit a proper 6.5” bass speaker as the original is quiet at those low frequencies.
Seems that the cab speaker muddles the sound as it is clearer now. Just needed to balance it out on the menu to sound good. Nicer bass as well.
Cheap improvement.
[quoted image]

Can you share the specs of that filter? Or a link? Thanks!

1 month later
#7854 3 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I called CGC today and was told they plan on making more SE's but it could be next year, it could be in three years, it could be in...
None the less, I might have to wait to avoid the insane price gouging.

I realize this makes me sound selfish, but they need to be working on remake #4 rather than making more MMR’s. Anybody know if that’s happening now?

#7866 3 years ago

I have a question on troll sensitivity. My MMR came out of the box new in August with both trolls requiring a solid head-on hit to register. I had an issue with the bolts coming loose on the right troll, which I fixed and haven’t had any issues since. But to register a hit on either troll requires a direct, hard hit. Soft hits and glancing blows don’t count.

So yesterday I found a Williams MM in an arcade and played it. It was overall well maintained, a couple of annoying burnt out bulbs and the Merlin hole didn’t want to ever catch the ball, but the trolls were incredibly easy. The slightest brush of the ball to either troll’s face registered a hit.

I know I can make my trolls more sensitive by reducing the gap in the leaf switch. The question I have is, does anybody know how sensitive it’s “supposed” to be? I love the idea of beating more trolls at home but I don’t want to make it easier than it’s supposed to be. Any insights into the intent of the design team? Are trolls supposed to be easy or hard to beat?

By the way, based on their in game banter, I would say the left troll is definitely the more sensitive troll...

Thanks for your help.

#7870 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I want to upgrade my speakers in my mmrre, mbrle and afmle. Has anyone else used either Infinity or Kicker and have results to share? Thanks!

I installed the Kickers and am very happy with them. No experience with Infinity’s.

#7871 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd set it so the slightest ball hit triggers it. But vibration doesn't. Otherwise when it goes up it will register a hit and drop.
LTG : )

Alright! If my CGC Tech says it, I do it! Thanks Lloyd! Easy trolls here I come!

1 month later
#7992 3 years ago

Merry Christmas fellow MMR Owners! Wifey gave me an IOU for $200 for Xmas and I’d like your advice. Shaker motor or 3D Translite? Or any other suggestions? Thanks!

3 weeks later
#8104 3 years ago

My right troll just started acting up. He slams up just like he’s supposed to, but when it’s time to go down he goes very slowly and usually stops just before the flap is flush with the playfield. The left troll still drops like a rock.

It looks identical to the left troll underneath the playfield, but when I manually raise and lower it seems like the piston isn’t traveling through the coil smoothly. Do I need to oil it? Or is it damaged? Thanks for your help!

#8106 3 years ago

You really are Lloyd the Great! All fixed and popping the top on the Millers at 9:10 am! Thanks, Lloyd!!!

11 months later
#8897 2 years ago

The metal flashing on my left ramp is no longer flush on the playfield. The ball is getting airborne about 10% of the time and not getting up the ramp.

I’ve checked all bolts and screws and they’re tight. It seems the flashing has been bent somehow. See pic.

Is there a fix or do I need to replace the ramp? Thanks for your help!

AD3BFDA5-D7E7-4DCF-87AF-F1CDEDB2CEE2 (resized).jpegAD3BFDA5-D7E7-4DCF-87AF-F1CDEDB2CEE2 (resized).jpeg
#8899 2 years ago

Thanks Lloyd. I was afraid to do that without checking with you first!

2 years later
#10068 58 days ago

My MMR left flipper isn’t holding. When I hold the flipper button it fires twice but doesn’t stay up. I run Test T.12 04 (L. FLIP.HOLD) and nothing happens. What should I do next?

I appreciate any help. Please explain it like I’m about 12 years old and kinda stupid. Thanks!

#10072 57 days ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Look for a loose wire to the coil.

Quoted from LTG:

Carefully go over the coil lugs. Wires to them. Thin wires coming off the coil windings and going to the lugs ( you might have to dig around them to find a crack or break ). Check for cold solder joints too.

Thanks for the quick reply guys. Unfortunately, I'm not finding any problems with the wires or coil. Should I assume there is a problem with the coil and just buy and install a new one? When you do that, do you solder fresh wires to the coil lugs and splice to the existing wires, or do you desolder the existing wires and then solder them onto the new coil's lugs?

Thanks again for your help!

#10075 57 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Do this first.
Find the driver board that flipper coil goes to.
People have had problems reseating the solenoid driver boards due to the huge board flexing away )

Thanks again Lloyd. I’ve got a game manufactured in 2020. The solenoid power board is in the backbox, not on the huge playfield board. The plug J119 is plugged in firm. Is there any chance the problem resides there?

IMG_5128 (resized).jpegIMG_5128 (resized).jpegIMG_5129 (resized).jpegIMG_5129 (resized).jpegIMG_5130 (resized).jpegIMG_5130 (resized).jpeg
#10090 53 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.
Back to the wiring at the coil or the coil.

Unable to find any problems with the wiring, I ordered a new coil. The new coil has diodes, the original coil does not. Is it OK to install the new coil as is?

#10093 53 days ago

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haveaniceswim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=haveaniceswim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.