IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evh347.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3928 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Any news on the screen update for MMR?!
Cheers
Neil.

‘It’s still in development.’
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-any-new-info-on-mmr-xl-display-options/page/2#post-4945171

If they release it, it will likely be released as a kit. They don’t want to leave previous MMr buyers behind. Awhile back, Doug said something about how there would be no pricing advantage/disadvantage in buying an MMR today or in a year from now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-any-new-info-on-mmr-xl-display-options#post-4399255

2 weeks later
#3952 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm if the underside components on the newly produced MMr is identical to the machines produced originally when Stern was making them?

I’m on the wait list for the upcoming run (June/July) and I’m wondering if the GI is the same as the original MMr, like the AFMr, or like the components on MBr. There have been subtle changes in how the GI was wired from machine to machine from what I can tell (owning AFMr and MBr).

I have some Lermods in my possession and I’m getting the feeling I bought the wrong version of the backboard and trough lighting mods. I’d like to see a closeup of the MMr GI socket and I’m wondering if CGC has made any updates to the circuitry under the playfield.

Also, can anyone post a pic of how they connected their Lermod backboard and trough lighting mod on their MMr?

Thanks.

3 weeks later
#3968 4 years ago

I’m hoping the next run of these is on the line soon.

#3973 4 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

At the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown I talked with a couple of guys from Chicago Gaming Company and they said right now they are on a batch of Monster Bash that should be finished by July 4 at the latest. Once MB is done, they will start the run of MMR. They did also say that most of the machines are already spoken for, so get in a preorder quickly if you have not done so already. They said I can expect to receive mine at my house late July or early August.

Yeah, I’ve heard about the same so I appreciate the info. My distributor said ‘looks like June’ back in mid-April when I got my down payment in (I’m #4 on the list). The extra couple months wait isn’t all bad, but it’s hard to suppress anticipation when you finally get to that month you were thinking it was going to be and then they move the goal post again. I’m just one pin away from a dream collection I thought I’d never own....until they announce TOMr, IJr, TZr, or CCr (w/ finished code).

#3974 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

New to the MMR game, so to speak, so I have a question... will they be adding the big screen to the next MMr like the big screen that's currently available on AFM and MB? This would be an awesome addition IMO and I think would push me to buy.
Sorry if this has been covered, searing for MM gives a ton of returns and with the new batch coming out seems like a legit question.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-any-new-info-on-mmr-xl-display-options

1 month later
#4028 4 years ago

Is the MMr 2019 run on the line yet?

#4029 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Is the MMr 2019 run on the line yet?

I was just informed CGC has pushed the next round of MMr production to 'either Aug or Sept'.

The goal posts continue to move.

#4032 4 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

Where did you hear this?

I emailed my distributor and he told me this. I got in line in April with a $2000 deposit down, was told June. Then news from the last convention...it would likely be after July 4th because they were ‘wrapping up MBr LE’s’ and ‘had to have MMr on the line by July 4th’.

1 month later
#4081 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Does anyone know if the small nickel shaped battery on the board in the back box needs to be changed on any kind of regular basis? If so, how often is suggested?

I generally change my batteries with the clocks, but it depends on how often your games are off. As I understand, the batteries are only active for saving your settings/scores when the game has no power.

1 month later
#4114 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Should there be spots on the slings? Game is a little dark in the middle with all the lights out.

Agreed.

Since April, I’ve had a set of these in a box waiting for my 2019 MMr machine for precisely that reason.
https://themodcouplepinball.com/products/medieval-madness-new-barrel-lights-and-flickering-torches-mod-kit?_pos=1&_sid=1d32f2d9e&_ss=r

And with my luck, CGC will have updated all the GI lighting to completely align MMr with the other remakes and I’ll be sending all these wonderful mods back to their developers for compatibility reasons.

#4129 4 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Potential NIB owner here. Does the game come with ramp protectors installed or do you have to order those separate? I want to order the cliffy set but don't want to order extra stuff.

A2F0066B-2BDE-43A8-B741-17891659AE99 (resized).jpegA2F0066B-2BDE-43A8-B741-17891659AE99 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#4600 4 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

What were people’s thoughts on the Flip n out stream of the Royal Edition?
Did you feel the RGB was well integrated?
I did not catch the full stream but one thing I found interesting was hearing CGC’s Ryan White say that unless you buy the Royal Edition the topper RGB is not interactive with game play at this point in time. Which probably means the speaker lighting is not either. The topper looked great lighting up with playfield effects, flashers etc. but pretty hard for me to justify either the large display or the topper for the price, even more so if they are not integrated the same as the Royal edition. I liked the look of the playfield RGBs so will probably grab the kit for that. Fingers crossed someone brings out a speaker light kit that hooks into the Playfield RGB for the standard display.

Around the :58:00 mark, Ryan said that CGC is working with PPS to bring the Royal topper out for original MM owners as well, but w/o the interactivity...it’s a wait and see.

However, the Royal topper will be interactive with all of the remakes.

#4601 4 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Ryan, what is involved in upgrading the lighting?

:47:37 mark in the stream...on upgrading original MMr’s with the new RGB lighting:

The original bulbs in the original MMr’s were socketed bulbs which you can undue from the bottom side. Basically you do a 1-1 replacement of those boards using a nut driver tool and you will be tracing the wires back to the main board. Obviously new code will be required as well.

The instructions for upgrading the lighting have not been finalized yet. Ryan said the kits will be available sometime in January.

#4623 4 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Is the MMR Royal Twitch stream posted on YouTube? I can’t find it anywhere

1 month later
#4760 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

It's here. I thought it may be to similar to AFM but so far feels completely different. I've played it on location but never understood the rules besides destroy the castle. Great game so far plus the wife likes it.[quoted image][quoted image]

Is this the SE with the XL DMD?

CGC has been awfully quiet since revealing the prototypes two months ago. By now, I expected more Pinsiders posting pictures of their new 2019 MMr editions, CGC’s website would reflect the new edition, and more communication from distributors confirming shipping details.

1 week later
#4778 4 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I need some help with my step fathers mmr, he has installed pinstadium lights but has lost the app to control it. Something happened so that it just strobes between colors during game play,fast and bright (very distracting ). Anyone know how to manually turn this down or off? Thanks in advance for any advice

Sounds like you just need to re-add them in the app. The lights strobe like you described if they got intentionally or unintentionally power cycled abruptly. Instructions for doing this is on their website.

2 weeks later
#4854 4 years ago

It's about time. It looks great...now start shipping them please!

2 weeks later
#4900 4 years ago

Latest info I got is that the ‘parts’ that are holding up the delivery of the newer MMr editions are related to the reworking of the gate/drawbridge mechanism. I did not get specifics as to why. They are still ‘two weeks out’ from shipping. Same timeline predicted...SE’s and the CE’s...then the Royal editions ship.

Until I hear of anybody getting final invoiced, I’m not believing anything CGC says anymore about expected shipping.

I mean come on already...how about releasing some official communication rather than leaving your distributors to field concerns from buyers with deposits in for over a year? If you’re going to keep moving the goal posts month after month, at least be upfront with your customers please. Yeah, I got it...Pinball is hard.

#4911 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Right but in February it wasn’t even official that more were being made. :p So you put down a deposit on a maybe.

My distributor (and many were) taking deposits for a MMr 2019 run over a year ago. Distributors were taking deposits on machines based on their expected allocation. The fact that CGC changed course and decided to align the machine to the other remakes doesn’t change when we had deposits in. The understanding we had was, I want a MMr regardless, but IF they came up with something updated, then I would want to be in line for that.

Now if I paid a deposit for Keith Elwin BTTF trilogy tomorrow, that would be putting a deposit on a MAYBE.

1 month later
#5277 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

does anyone have a picture of the GI socket lugs that you connect the Merlin Mod to for a MMr? it's the lermods merlin that is only one color. i am by no means proficient at this stuff but feel like this is pretty straight forward but it's either a) defective and not working b) i'm not hooking it to the correct socket lug. the socket lugs look different than what i am used to seeing on bally/williams games. please help and thanks in advance.

PM them. I sent my mods back to Rob for retrofitting. Lermods gives great customer service! I have all their MMr mods.

When I got them back, he had installed new connectors that connect all four of their mods to the game’s power supply terminal.

If you have the blue dragon, the dragon will not work as those are 6v bulbs. The Merlin, catapult and Archer should work, but they will need to be retrofitted.

NOTE: the picture is from a different product, but you get the idea.

With the new wiring, they now all tap here...
90C7305D-3D1F-4601-9B49-4DD02F712169 (resized).jpeg90C7305D-3D1F-4601-9B49-4DD02F712169 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#5293 4 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Question for MMR owners, what is CGC recommended pitch on this game? just asking as I have mine set up pretty steep, which increases the sling activity, it's tough but I like it that way. Others do not and with my family home playing a lot I am going to slow it down a bit. I'm assuming 6.5 degrees?

Page 1-4 in your manual. 6.5 degrees.

2 weeks later
#5367 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Have any of you that got a notice for payment due received a confirmation as to when the royals will ship?

Nope

1 week later
#5430 4 years ago

What’s the secret to getting the SE and Royal editions added to the machine list so we can add to our ‘collections’?

I’ve PM’d Robin twice and no response.

#5491 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Did they add protectors to these new models? Or will we have to order cliffy and mantis protectors.
Any recommendations on which are the best to be ordered or what combination ? (if necessary)

They added an drain outhole protector. The rest are Cliffy compatible...so skip the Cliffy drain outhole protector and get the rest. Cliffy doesn't make a Merlin hole protector.

EDIT: The remakes don't require ramp protectors, they come with those anyways.

#5493 4 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

I know someone has had his deposit in since last June [quoted image][quoted image]

Actually, since April 2019. Chicago 'delayed' Company.

#5499 4 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

I put my deposit on an MMR last year in February right after my distributor sold their last one. Once the Royal Edition was announced I got my deposit to be set on one of them.

We are officially in JJPOTC territory now.

I ordered from GAP and I can’t even get a reply as to what is going on. Has the stay @ home order prevented people from answering emails now too? This would be my fourth NIB machine I’ve purchased from GAP and I feel like I’ve been put on ignore.

Every other business in the world emails regular CVD19 updates and what they’re doing to take care of their customers in the interim...and I get them almost daily. Apparently pinball makers and distributors are exempt from the same customer service.

#5502 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

What a story you can tell guests:
“Yes, I really did wait for a year for this to be built for me.”
“Really? Like ordering a Lamborghini?”
“Yep. Just like that.” ( sips martini with a slight grin)

I’ve watched the Marc Savard and Tennler YT videos (probably) dozens of times over the last 12 months...watching them neurotically wait for their delivery and then their reactions on the day it finally arrived was hilarious.

But now, I get it and I should probably record my own reaction because it will be epic (if it ever arrives).

#5510 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

How do you install the topper? I don’t see how I’m the Manuel and no cable are labeled.

Well, after seeing TimBoch MMr SE...I can tell you the electronics in the backboard are different than MBr, but this is where the topper goes on MBr.

Seeing as how you are one of a select few to get one...help from the forum members will likely be just between you three.

3F4D10E0-2920-4E4A-9CF7-B3CCB00B6CBA (resized).jpeg3F4D10E0-2920-4E4A-9CF7-B3CCB00B6CBA (resized).jpegB622F69D-D0E8-4159-9943-3A42B8BECBD5 (resized).jpegB622F69D-D0E8-4159-9943-3A42B8BECBD5 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5639 3 years ago

Got notice for final payment...shipping next week!!!

#5659 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

How do we get separate listings on pinside for the Royal and Special Editions? I know it seems kind of ridiculous to have 5 different versions of the same pin listed, but I don't see how you can avoid it considering there are 5 distinct versions of it. I haven't found any info on how to request a new listed version from an administrator.

I PM’d Robin twice. No response.

1 week later
#5749 3 years ago

My Royal was shipped last Friday, May 1st. I just got off phone with ABS freight this morning, May 4th.

The phone rep says the following, 'Unfortunately, we are too booked up to deliver your item tomorrow and the earliest we can deliver it to you is Monday, May 11th between 9am-6pm.'

Another week of waiting.

#5752 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I wouldn't wait a week. Find out where it is and go pick up your game. That's exactly what I did.

YOUR SHIPMENT IS AT SOUTH CHICAGO, IL LOADED TO MINNEAPOLIS, MN AND IS READY FOR DISPATCH.

I know, more time for it to just sit around and get banged into, or dropped.

#5756 3 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Got mine today just need to go back a couple pages and look where to plug this topper Into.
[quoted image]

CE5C4686-BA87-4616-AE1B-40C4B22CA701 (resized).jpegCE5C4686-BA87-4616-AE1B-40C4B22CA701 (resized).jpeg
#5757 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

ABS in Eagan ? Go there and pick it up.
Need help ?
LTG : )

Yeah, tracking still shows it in Chicago. It may not be a matter of picking it up in Eagan, it's a matter of getting it out of Chicago.

#5760 3 years ago

I think you should get a bonus for getting the ball up there...eat your heart out NGG hole-in-one shot.

76BDB2DB-BF07-4D7F-9F30-98DF8C80E478 (resized).jpeg76BDB2DB-BF07-4D7F-9F30-98DF8C80E478 (resized).jpeg
#5765 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

You look like a pilot from your avatar. Just get in your plane and fly up there to pick it up.

Yeah, I should...only problem is that 90% of our fleet (Delta Connection) is currently parked because no one is flying.

We went from handing out little plastic wings to all the kiddos...to handing out surgical masks and gloves.

F87FF007-1C27-43F1-8EE6-36F0E4A84D03 (resized).jpegF87FF007-1C27-43F1-8EE6-36F0E4A84D03 (resized).jpeg
#5819 3 years ago

With the help of my friend @timboch, we picked up Royal #4074 today rather than waiting until Monday because the freight company couldn’t get us a truck with a lift gate until then. Very happy to have it FINALLY in the collection. That was a long 13 month wait.

Mine seems to have an issue retaining time/date after its powered off and then back on though (credit dot says so in TEST)

23883D1D-F137-40B9-B039-161655F0CF66 (resized).jpeg23883D1D-F137-40B9-B039-161655F0CF66 (resized).jpegA7E310DC-B07B-433D-B5EB-9B9CE049E670 (resized).jpegA7E310DC-B07B-433D-B5EB-9B9CE049E670 (resized).jpegE69566F8-426B-4557-A261-7E49CDF1185D (resized).jpegE69566F8-426B-4557-A261-7E49CDF1185D (resized).jpeg
#5821 3 years ago

Every time I power off my MMr Royal and then power back on, I get the credit dot and it says 'Date and Time not Set'.

Re-setting it in the utilities menu retains the date and time until I power off.

My MMr Royal info says:
Software Version: 3.0.0 Beta 3
Build Date: Feb 27, 2020
Playfield Firmware Rev: 3.0
SPI Status: Good

#5838 3 years ago

Busy day for me...installed a set of Cliffy's, PinStadium Lights, and most of the Lermods modifications.

Weird things still going on with the date/time. I'm not getting the credit dot to re-set them after a power cycle, but now they are not advancing with the power off. Essentially, the date/time is whatever it was when I powered off the machine.

EDIT: I just installed a new CR2032 coin battery and power cycled the machine and it held the date/time for the first time. Hmmm..

EDIT: Nope, the date/time still seems to stay at whatever it was when I powered off the machine.

IMG_1006 (resized).jpgIMG_1006 (resized).jpg

#5839 3 years ago

Anybody getting balls stuck behind the right troll or in the damsel tower after a damsel rescue?

#5842 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

LOL awesome you rented a Uhaul W/Mom’s attic to pick up your MM.
[quoted image]

Yah, it had a ramp. We're old.

#5853 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I had this exact issue.inside the damsel castle, there is a lip the ball gets stuck on. Unfortunately, you need to remove the right ramp, remove the screw on the top of the castle, slide a #8 nut underneath the screw so as to raise the castle a bit. This allows the ball to drop down more rather than get stuck on the lip. If I were designing the game, that lip would be gone. When you remove the ramp, put your finger in there and you'll feel it.

Damsel Tower stuck/trapped ball issue:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/22#post-3551001

This should be a KEY POST.

I followed Rob's advice here...didn't have to take the entire right ramp off, but just loosened it enough to move it just enough out of the way to get access to the screw on top of the damsel tower. I slid a #8 nut underneath and then re-screwed the damsel tower's screw back thru the top of the plastic damsel tower, and then into the #8 nut. The tower now is just a little bit higher which allows the ball trapped by the damsel tower diverter to completely drop free now instead of getting hung up on the tower plastic lip.

NOTE: Pics of the damsel tower are BEFORE and AFTER.

Right Troll trapped ball issue:

The other advice I took was LTG's on the right troll. I put the trolls into test and raised the right troll. I put a micro-fiber towel down on my playfield to protect it, then I took a tool to slightly bend the metal guide behind the right troll upward. This gives it just a bit more of an angle to stop those annoying trapped balls behind the right troll. No more SDTM drains after a trapped ball behind the right troll after a ball search.
IMG_1011 (resized).jpgIMG_1011 (resized).jpgIMG_1012 (resized).jpgIMG_1012 (resized).jpgIMG_1014 (resized).jpgIMG_1014 (resized).jpg

#5858 3 years ago

I got a PM (thank you!) about a possible chip visible below the picture I posted below my right troll on my MMR Royal. I thought I'd post a picture here to rest any concerns...that's not a chip.

I gave the playfield a good wax after I unboxed it and it was just some leftover wax that I failed to clean up.

The build quality on the MMR 2019/'20 editions is IMO the standard premium product that CGC has delivered in the past. The only issues I've had out of the box has been the adjustment I had to make to the metal bracket on the back of the right troll and the plastic lip inside the damsel tower mold, both of which I documented just a few posts above this one.

My only gripe about this transaction is the same that's been made about CGC many times...CGC consistently takes forever to go from the game announcement to finally shipping a game, and during that time they offer almost no regular communication on production updates, especially when they repeatedly miss previously proposed production dates, and CGC keeps their distributors clueless so they can't accurately advise their customers of anything related to status, leaving customers like me extremely frustrated. When CGC does finally get the game in your hands...you cannot question the build quality. It’s always a premium product. The MM Royal Editions is their best effort to date. It was definitely worth the wait, but it was the most painful wait I've yet experienced with my NIB collection to date.

IMG_1016 (resized).jpgIMG_1016 (resized).jpg

#5866 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Isn’t there a cliffy for Merlin that will cover and protect that anyway?
Anyone know if there’s a difference between the MMr CliffYs and regular MM Cliffys?

There is no Cliffy for the MM merlin hole, but there does exist a protector for the merlin hole:
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=186

The Cliffy's for the original MM will fit the MMR. The MMR SE and Royals are coming with outhole drain protectors already installed, so if you're buying the Cliffy MM kit, you can skip the outhole protector. Right now, I have an extra Cliffy for the outhole.

Here's what the pre-installed outhole drain looks like on the SE and Royal:

IMG_1036 (resized).jpgIMG_1036 (resized).jpg
#5874 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Cliffy does make a protector for the MM hole. It's a carbon fiber looking press-on that looks terrific. Covers the same area as the pinbits version.
Contact Cliff because I don't think it's listed in the MM/MMR kit.

Oops, my bad. You’re right. I was thinking in the terms of his metal protectors.

#5876 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I have this problem as well, every now and then. What is consistent is that the clock timer doesn't run when the game is off, not sure if that's just how these remakes work? Either way I opened a case for both issues, we'll see what they say. Maybe just a bad battery?
Hey evh347 did that new battery fix things for you, is your game keeping time and running the clock when off?

I opened a ticket with CGC on the date/time not holding while the game is powered off. The response I got was that I should replace the CR2032 battery. So I did. Initially, there was no change in behavior, but I may have been premature on assuming it was not fixed. The last couple days, the date/time clock seems to be running in the background while the machine is powered off. The tech did say he was going to escalate to an engineer before I realized the date/time was moving normally, albeit slow.

TimBoch reported what looked like white grease on the back of his stock CR2032 Battery and it was on the board too when he went to clean it off with a Q-tip. I had a bit of that white grease on my battery too, but I didn’t think about checking the board at the time.

The other remakes in my collection have not had a date/time advancement problem.

#5879 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Does the royal edition have a serial numbered plaque?

No, no numbered plaques.

CGC Ryan has said in the past that the production of the new MMr editions was going to be limited to 500, but the number of Royals specifically produced out of that 500 was not limited. Might be 40, might be 350..so who knows? After this run, he said MM remakes would be ‘done for ahwile’. He didn’t say they would never be made again, but he said CGC would be ‘moving on to something else’.

Owners of the original run of MMr can order the upgraded GI, topper, ‘enhanced’ sound system, and the HD upgraded display and essentially make their machine a Royal Edition as well. I suppose the only thing left would be to add mirror blades, add a shaker, and powder coat all of the armor...that’s essentially a Royal Edition right there.

#5893 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Where does the 3d princess mod come from?

I got it from here:
ebay.com link: Medieval Madness Remake Pinball 3D DAMSEL Princess Mod Pink Or Blue MM MMR

He also sells a lighting kit (I did not buy), but I would question if it's compatible with the new editions as the GI in the SE/Royal editions is different:
ebay.com link: MEDIEVAL MADNESS Pinball Damsel Light Mod MMR REMAKE

#5924 3 years ago

I was removing some leftover wax that had worked its way under the starposts of my slingshots. When I was removing the uppermost starpost bolt/nut, I didn't realize it shared the anchor that goes thru and helps secure the left playfield safety bracket.

The other starposts bolts are secured differently than this one, and so when I went to remove it, I over-torqued the bolt and it broke.

I need the part# replacement and can't find it in the manual.

EDIT: Found the part...
Post stud 8-32 x 2-3/8 inches 5/16 drive
#02-4425-1

In the meantime, I guess I'll pay the hardware store a visit.

IMG_1135 (resized).jpgIMG_1135 (resized).jpgIMG_1136 (resized).jpgIMG_1136 (resized).jpgIMG_1137 (resized).jpgIMG_1137 (resized).jpgIMG_1138 (resized).jpgIMG_1138 (resized).jpg

Added over 4 years ago:

This is the required post:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4425-3

1 week later
#6085 3 years ago

I’ve had no issues with my internal clock on my RE since replacing with my own CR2032 battery. In replacing it, I also noticed a white (almost adhesive) grease substance on the back of that battery. The board seemed okay, but TimBoch tried cleaning his with an alcohol swabbed Q-tip and that didn’t fix the problem on his game.

E30CC68C-2E20-46A5-A754-21AEE0466D56 (resized).jpegE30CC68C-2E20-46A5-A754-21AEE0466D56 (resized).jpeg
#6091 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Not leaf switches. Opto’s. Swapped opto board with left side. Issue stayed on the right.

Maybe a coil hold problem? Sounds eerily similar to what I had going on with my AFMr.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-technical-thread/page/9#post-5540291

Can you switch the coils and see if problem follows?

4 weeks later
#6431 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Has anyone installed pinstaduims using the hover mounts. Not sure how the left side would attach since the cannon trail is there. I was thinking about adding a set but dont really want to run the magnet strip on my mirror blades.

Yes, I’ve installed on my machine.

Here’s an idea: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/95#post-5047266

1 week later
#6498 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

What’s the secret to getting the SE and Royal editions added to the machine list so we can add to our ‘collections’?
I’ve PM’d Robin twice and no response.

For those interested...they’ve finally been added to the Pinside machine list.

EEB1A407-6685-4604-87EC-DFD39B889371 (resized).pngEEB1A407-6685-4604-87EC-DFD39B889371 (resized).png
#6513 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I've received my MM Royal, and have been wondering if any MM owners have had wear issues with the bare wood in front of the ball lock? If so, what did you do to protect it? Mylar, at least? I've noticed Cliffy's doesn't offer a protector for it in his kit, so maybe it's a non-issue. Thanks!
[quoted image]

I had a bit of wear forming on mine. I have the mantis installed on mine.

NOTE: if you email mantis, you can order the protectors you want separately. You don’t have to buy the kit. I could not get the mantis in the Merlin hole without it inhibiting the ball eject, so I removed it.
8A12C0F7-2B8A-4155-9E3E-F47A6F23C428 (resized).jpeg8A12C0F7-2B8A-4155-9E3E-F47A6F23C428 (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#6802 3 years ago
Quoted from smallstocks:

Twice I have triggered Damsel Madness by shooting the ball up the right ramp and twice the ball has become lost. Both times the ball could not be found despite many attempts by the machine. Now it won't even let me restart the game. There is also a check switch 58 warning. What to do?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/118#post-5636214

1 week later
#6940 3 years ago

I’m still trying to figure out why that (my) post received a downvote.

1 month later
#7202 3 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I have to set my time and date every few weeks. Credit dot shows up. Any idea what is causing this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/122#post-5661848

#7224 3 years ago

Installed acrylic speaker grills received from @kapsreiter.

Pro Tip: Don’t fully remove all four anchor screws at the same time. Makes the install much easier!

15F0C1C1-D45E-4773-B05B-58D0D428B023 (resized).jpeg15F0C1C1-D45E-4773-B05B-58D0D428B023 (resized).jpegB20B2FCF-BF8F-4C2C-9493-B0504F77BE54 (resized).jpegB20B2FCF-BF8F-4C2C-9493-B0504F77BE54 (resized).jpegC8151FF0-B579-4427-B810-D2C1F65900D9 (resized).jpegC8151FF0-B579-4427-B810-D2C1F65900D9 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#7568 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

are the barrels still available and do they work with the Royal Edition?

If you’re asking about TheModCouple barrel mod, I have an unused NIB set that I will sell for $69 + shipping.

I learned I couldn’t use it because it’s not compatible w/ the MMRE updated GI and it doesn’t appear that it will be updated.

PM me if interested. Pics available on request.

https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/medieval-madness-custom-mods-collection/products/medieval-madness-new-barrel-lights-and-flickering-torches-mod-kit

2 weeks later
#7674 3 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Hmmm... so does anyone have the ball getting caught on the trough protector and not dropping in and if so has anyone got a fix? This is on my MMRE and happens most games... grrrrr.[quoted image]

Probably related to your drain protector. I took mine off, bent it back into shape and re-installed.

3 months later
#8272 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Made buy mod couple. They are for the remake and the limited. They usually pull power from one of gi bulbs under the slings. You will have to add new rgb bulbs in them once you have your gi kit installed. I tapped into gi string 1. Planetarypinball.com sells the bulbs. They are 895 each. I fed the wires down the sling switch hole. 2 in each hole so it wouldn't bother the switch.

Nice. I have those same barrel spots from TheModCouple. Was intending on using them on my RE, but as you know, it requires some modification to work and I haven’t done that yet.

2 years later
#9922 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Just curious what was the retail of the Royal Edition when released

IMG_0829 (resized).jpegIMG_0829 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evh347.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.