c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dpirhana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6474 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

So I am having a problem with my mmr standard edition. It will play fine for a day or two. Then a couple of days later i will get the play field has lost communication error and it will have blown the high voltage fuse that controls all of the coils. I can replace the fuse and reseat the cat 5 cable and it will boot up and play for a few days. Then it repeats. The shooter coil mount has been covered in electrical tape and the coil lugs have been covered with heat shrink so i dont think it's there. Looking around the bottom of the playfield I didn't see any thing that was rubbing or arcing on anything. Should I try replacing the ppu board? Anything else I need to check. I did reach out to cgc and they didnt know what the issue is.

Sounds like the exact problem I had with my MMr. Tried the usual things, as you have. Ultimately, CGC sent me the playfield PCB (including solenoid driver boards). I replaced it and that solved the problem. It’s worked perfectly ever since.

A9ECB66E-A919-420A-993A-CDA6B5BDECEF (resized).jpegA9ECB66E-A919-420A-993A-CDA6B5BDECEF (resized).jpeg
11 months later
#8527 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I have a MMR LE with the xl display / enhanced sound installed and during game play it sounds like most if not all of the audio is coming from the right speaker. Is this normal ?

Had the same thing when I installed the XL display kit. The Speaker Adapter cable provided does not work correctly with some machines. I cut off the connector closest to the display (.062) to make it easier to try different combinations. The attached diagram is what worked for me (Grey from display to Grey/Yellow, Grey/Black from display to Grey, and Grey/Yellow from display to Grey/Black). You might avoid cutting the molex connector off if you can remove the pins and rearrange them.

This is what worked for me.

2274382B-D0CE-45B7-BF08-6C1DAB87CEEE (resized).jpeg2274382B-D0CE-45B7-BF08-6C1DAB87CEEE (resized).jpeg
#8530 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Exact same wire combo fixed mine too. Thanks so much !

Great. Glad it worked out. Amazing how much better it sounds when both speakers actually work!

Makes me wonder if other people don’t realize they’re only getting sound from one speaker….

#8539 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I believe the issue only effects MMRLE with the XL display installed. Both speakers worked on the original display.

Issue is not just the LE. I have a Standard game, and after installing the XL display I was disappointed with the sound quality and within a few minutes realized only the right speaker was working. I contacted CGC and they said it was an “anomaly” affecting some games. I asked for the schematic for the adaptor cable and modified the connections per their suggestion. Don’t know how widespread the problem is, hopefully it’s rare.

6 months later
#8933 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

The shaker on my MMr seems to vibrate the cab in a not so enjoyable way (I have it set on ‘light’).
I have the exact same shaker in my MBr and AFMr and it feels perfect on ‘default’.
Any tips how to calm the shaker down a bit more? I already have the glass nice and snug with felt tape.
Thanks!
Richard

This shaker problem didn’t exist prior to the last software upgrade, the one needed for the display/lighting/topper kits.

Seems like CGC broke the shaker with software, why can’t they fix it with software? Don’t they test it?

You can’t adjust the weights without drilling a new dimple in the shaft.

I also have my shaker turned off. It shook so hard during Madness Multiballs that it would set off the tilt!

Fix the software CGC.

#8935 2 years ago

I bought the Classic Edition in 2018, and added the shaker just after that. The shaker was always very mild. Then last year I upgraded the software when I installed the XL display. And the shaker was on steroids after that, even on the lowest setting. And it seems they tweaked the software because the shaker also activated during additional events.

Curious to know if anyone else had the same experience.

#8949 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If the shaker is not breaking anything yet setting off the tilt then your tilt is not adjusted properly. It’s not a software issue.I find the shaker on MMr to be very aggressive but certainly no worse than Roadshow.
The tilt bob is either too tight or more likely to just not be centered properly which is pretty common. Mine was so off centered i removed the tilt bob completely.
But hey it’s your machine! If you want the tilt to be so sensitive you can’t even slap save it’s your choice! You found a workaround by turning off the shaker but could have just as easily loosened the tilt sensitivity a bit.

Adjusting the tilt was the first thing I did. It’s dead center and as low as it can be and still contact the ring.

You know they modified the software because prior to the upgrade the shaker wasn’t triggered by a shot through the little ball lock door. And after the upgrade is when the shaker strength went berserk. They did something….

No big deal. It’s shut off. Don’t miss it that much.

#8955 2 years ago
Quoted from MGM2:

There is also another shaker adjustment in the CGC menu called “Additonal Shake”- I set mine to off. Normal “Shaker Strength” is set to light. Shaker is tolerable with these settings on mine (didn’t have to adjust the shaker/weights itself).[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the tip. Never noticed the Additional Shake menu item. I rushed down to the basement and turned that item off….unfortunately for me it didn’t seem to reduce the intensity of the shaking.

The shaker on my AFMrLE is perfect. On my MMr it’s like the Tasmanian Devil is inside the cabinet, hopped up on sugar, and wrestling with an alligator that owes him money!

Just too much for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dpirhana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=dpirhana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.