Topic Stats

• 4,899 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Lame33
  • Topic is favorited by 266 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 600 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200123_141829 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190819_175757 (resized).jpg
IMG_4641 (resized).JPG
Monster-Bash-Translite (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-Translite-1 (resized).jpg
Attack-From-Mars-square (resized).jpg
AFM  (resized).jpg
Attack-From-Mars-table-6 (resized).jpg
238385DE-4D61-45E6-A1FC-6E69B4EE2406 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4298 (resized).JPG
0EBB2CDF-C0CC-4115-BEAB-5A60471E54D0 (resized).jpeg
52F32CC1-5E75-40B1-8E89-D1E086DC6339 (resized).jpeg
5A3FDCCD-7068-4E71-9208-6E60B939A13A (resized).jpeg
20191218_213207.jpg
20191218_173406 (resized).jpg
20191218_165621 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1996 2 years ago

Question for everyone... (MMR and MM alike..)

How often would you say you are able to get ALL of the Madness Multiballs going at once? (Catapult, Peasant, Damsel, Joust, and Troll, either started during the others, or at the beginning..)

I'm curious how often it's an occurrence.

#1999 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Very rarely on mine... come by and play bud. I think ss and mm are new since u have been by?

SS I've seen, but when I was there last you didn't have it up and running - needed something. (Can't remember what! ) MM is new though!

May pop by sometime this summer.

I remember getting it a couple times back when MM was new, and loved the callouts.

#2002 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Do you mean all madnesses lit before getting multiball? Or Royal Madness? I've never had all madnesses lit without at least one Merlin hole shot before it, if that's what you mean. I guess you can score higher if you do it that way, all lit before getting Multiball, but I think you are giving up some castle hit hurryups, which show up when each additional madness gets lit after Multiball already happened. I think that's the way it is.

Yeah, I was meaning the 'Madness' multiball before 'Royal Madness'. I understood you can stack them (i.e. Complete all items before shooting Merlin hole) - but whenever I play MM, it's *extremely* difficult NOT hitting that Merlin hole, even by accident.

#2007 2 years ago

What's the callout? (For people haven't completed the full stack before Multiball). Do you get any castle hurryups when all are stacked or just better jackpot multipliers? As I stated earlier, if only a partial stack before Multiball, the additional madnesses give a castle hurry-up shot of 1000000-. If full stack this might be missed.

As far as i remember (again, it's been a while), there are three different callouts to 'Madness Multiball'.
Anything with more than one missing gets the normal one.
With you start it and are only missing one, you get a more intense one, and then
When you start it with all lit, you get a VERY intense callout.

2 weeks later
#2070 2 years ago

Looks like one of the Joust gates?

3 months later
#2485 2 years ago

Is this the standard rubber you use? This is exactly what I put on my machine to replace the factory black flipper rubber and it feels very different as I stated, it is very easy to cradle now and the flipper tips prevent a lot of drains. Feels like cheating in comparison to the factory black rubber.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=74

Different color of flipper rubbers do have different bounce characteristics. I've never tried yellow before, but I know that Black is least, then red, then Gottlieb's blue. Dunno where these Yellows fit in.

1 week later
#2549 2 years ago

Are you guys maybe talking about the coil *STOP*, and not the plunger?
Because they're WERE different coil stops, and I've never heard of different lengths of plungers.

#2552 2 years ago

Interesting, thanks for the link!

I know the different coil *stops* can cause a huge difference, as well, which is why I thought of that first.

3 weeks later
#2650 2 years ago

What exactly are the 3 standup targets on the right side of MMR for?

Relights Merlin Magic!

1 month later
#2888 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

MMR doesn't have ROMs. And PPS/CGC can't add swear words into Williams code.
LTG : )

Technically, it's in there already.
The unbleeped one and the bleeped one are in the sound ROMs. The game ROM points to one of the two. The 'hack' ROM was just changed by someone modifying the address to the sound call, to call the unedited one. (Amongst other changes, I believe..)

BUT - unless PPS/CGC had the original dev machines and source, and way to recompile it all, they couldn't get that ROM into the filesystem that this platform uses. Because of licensing, they likely can NOT use the hacked ROM out there.

3 weeks later
#3001 2 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

hi i played the video mode „save the children“. although i had not before the catapult 3 times with hitting the cows - the cows in the video mode appeared. why? does someone know or had the same experience?
ralf

Easter egg.

2 months later
#3278 1 year ago

How do you set an extra ball instead of replay score? Does the knocker still go off and knighted video shown still?

Note that if you set "Replay" award to an Extra Ball, the knocker will fire *every time you get an extra ball* - not just for replay. (In case that matters.. some people don't like hearing the knocker that often..)

#3282 1 year ago
Quoted from Sam40:

That is not true..... It only activates the knocker at the replay level awards....not at other extra balls, suck as the 2nd castle, or the Hurry up EB, or if you complete Royal Madness.... etc....

May want to check that. On WPC and WPC-S games, it does. The only WPC-95 game I had was CV, and it did on there as well. Unless PPS/CGC made changes to the base OS, I assumed the same for MM..

1 month later
#3432 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my MMR LE makes a weird vibrating noise when I launch the ball or sometimes during the game. Does anyone know where I should start looking, and have suggestions for a fix? I hope someone else has experienced this too. Sounds like coming from the front of the machine near the launcher, not sure if its the glass itself or not.
Mo

I.. I have to ask.
Did you have your shaker turned on?

3 months later
#3582 1 year ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

You probably just have a broken wire in the thin, secondary winding. Find the break, unwind it so you can rethread it to the solder tab, scrape of some of the red coating so you can re-solder it to the tab. (Don’t forget to remove the broken piece) That’ll save you the cost and time of buying a new coil.

If it's 0 ohms, it's a short, not an open connection.

#3584 1 year ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

In that case, Jay, I see a new flipper coil in your future. Damn electronic nomenclature!

In your defense, he could have one of those DMMs that report "0L", and he just misread it.

2 weeks later
#3616 1 year ago
Quoted from Aardvarki:

I'm pretty sure my machine is properly leveled. I don't have a fancy digital level but my phone has a level app and my analog spirit level agrees with it. I'm set up at 6.5 degrees vertical, which is what the manual suggested.
I can't see what purpose the deflector serves. I tried disabling it (it swings up and out of the way freely) with a twist-tie and the machine plays much better. Balls coming out from Merlin or the jets are less predictable (sometimes they hit the top of the slingshot and bounce around, but most of the time they roll right down the right slingshot without triggering it), but the game moves faster (the deflector *really* slows things down there - the ball would come to a dead stop) and is more fun without it.
Am I a savage? Am I risking somehow damaging my machine by disabling this thing? I'm strongly considering removing it altogether because I like the way the machine plays so much better without that thing there, and it looks goofy with the twist tie hack.

It's called a 'gate'.

You can disable it. On the original (and therefore the remake), it was to stop poorly-shot balls, and balls coming from Merlin to bounce wrong and go straight down the middle, between the two flippers. Slope can affect this, as can the metal ball guide there on the outside of the joust loop, that ends just above the Merlin targets.

1 month later
#3690 1 year ago

I meant, this is my only working pin, is it a normal feature for B/W pins?

Yes - auto reply adjust. To be sure operator's replay (free games given out) aren't too high or too low. Keep earnings coming in!

5 months later
#3916 9 months ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just a quick bump to let you all know I have a brand new in box pf from PPS.
If you're planning to keep your MMR for years to come, there's nothing better than having a brand new of on hand.
Just think about how hard it is to find a NOS MM pf these days

I thought PPS was selling them on their site?

#3918 9 months ago
Quoted from Damien:

The only MM pf you can easily come across now is from Mirco, and IMO, they're nowhere even close to original pfs.
The only I have is for MMR, and is from PPS. There are selling for $800 now.
If you're interested, we can make a deal.

Okay, that's what they're selling them for:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-36-50059MMR

#3920 9 months ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Are the spots on the Castle wedge or twist - i'm assuming theyre wedge right now.

Yes, they're #555s, not #44s.

6 months later
#4492 85 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

positive pinside rating

... What is this 'pinside rating'?

#4495 85 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It isn't a big deal. Percentage of how many up or down votes your posts have received over time.

Huh. Never knew that was a thing. Okay then.

3 weeks later
#4644 64 days ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

the Royal Edition will only be made this one time.

Next year, it'll be the "King Edition". The following year, we'll have a "Kingdom Edition".. and so on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside