Topic Stats

• 4,869 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 265 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 592 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

238385DE-4D61-45E6-A1FC-6E69B4EE2406 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4298 (resized).JPG
0EBB2CDF-C0CC-4115-BEAB-5A60471E54D0 (resized).jpeg
52F32CC1-5E75-40B1-8E89-D1E086DC6339 (resized).jpeg
5A3FDCCD-7068-4E71-9208-6E60B939A13A (resized).jpeg
20191218_213207.jpg
20191218_173406 (resized).jpg
20191218_165621 (resized).jpg
DC27E4EE-BB7E-457B-A80F-33F3B5565091 (resized).jpeg
pic1 (resized).jpg
triceratops02.jpg
face off poster simple layers.jpg
sidon dash river layout one.jpg
sandman one.jpg
plane_green_b_w sketch.jpg
oldman_bodies.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brainmegaphone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2299 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My super awesome topper

If you stick an LED in one of those guys I bet 25% of all pinsiders will pay $89.95 or more for it.

#2307 2 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Did anybody receive one from the new run yet?

I'm expecting mine in the next week or two.

#2318 2 years ago

So very nice!

#2319 2 years ago

Did you pick stainless or is that how they all come? My distributor didn't ask my trim preference.

#2322 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Only the le got trim preference

Ok good because I like the stainless!

1 week later
#2352 2 years ago

Mine shipped... should have in a few days.

#2359 2 years ago

Got my MMr today! I can now officially be in the club! Just curious- there wasn't really a "goodie bag" in it just an envelope with balls and the tilt bob (and maybe one small plastic). Is that normal for CGC?

#2363 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Yup. And backbox key is hanging inside the coin door.

Thanks! So far only minor issue appears to be the ball getting stick in moat once in awhile until ball search kicks it out. I'm guessing the switch just needs to be tweaked up. Plan to tackle that tonight.

Guss: I hope yours comes soon.

#2368 2 years ago

That'd be the popper setting.

Is it an opto or switch? I put it in switch test and saw that it only sees the ball sometimes which makes sense. So is it an opto sensing the ball or a pressure switch (I can't feel any switch with my fingers).

Going to follow up on dzoomer's previous post as he had this issue too...

#2373 2 years ago

I believe it's a solenoid like the merlin hole has. the ball gravity feeds into it as it is in the moat but sits in a pocket. Just roll a ball into it to see what happens. I was mentioning that there's a popper strength setting in the CGC menu.

When I did switch test it sometimes triggers a switch when a ball goes into that vuk. It sometimes does not. I can't see a switch though (like on TSPP for example there is a little Y shaped switch in the VUK). So you think I can adjust sensitivity somehow and it will fix it?

I reseated a bunch of connectors and it did nothing.

What is the metal thing on the bottom of the moat? Is that also an opto?

#2375 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have played probably 300 plays on my MMR LE, and I have yet to see this "video mode". Well, Ill keep going.
Mo

I always wondered about that mode. Merlin's list references it but I've never been awarded it. I do know there are other ways to earn it but you would think if Merlin has it on his list you'd get it randomly.

#2403 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Hey, do MMR's come with a manual?

Mine arrived Friday. It came with a manual.

#2407 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

How am I supposed to know? When I joined pinside everyone told me to 1) leave my goodie bag stapled to the inside of the cabinet, 2) make sure I covered every conceivable square inch of the playfield with mylar or cliffy's to prevent any wear, 3) never lift the playfield for fear of scratching the inside of the cabinet, 4) only open the coin door to remove the glass so I could do #2 above and also add $4000 of mods in the form of plastic trolls, dragons, catapults and other mods to enhance my enjoyment of the game.
Wait... what was the question again? Oh yeah, never mind... anyone interested in buying a HUO MMR LE with 4 plays total??

It is funny because it is true!

The one contradiction of many collectors that always puzzled me was the ones who leave the goodie bag stapled (so it's original) but then they hack the crap out of the game to add every ugly tacky mod known to man. To me you should be on one side of the fence or the other. Lol

#2410 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Here's the gag. I bought the HUO MMR LE with 4 (hundred-ish) plays! The bag is still there, but no manual inside. So I asked my buddy if he still had it and he can't remember it ever being there (he's kind of a space case at times) which is why I asked. I did DL the manual (thanks LTG) but I like having a hard copy to flip through when I'm bored, plus it just feels kinda wrong to not have it, you know?

My game from CGC didn't come with anything inside or stapled to the cabinet (except a few things in the coin box) but the box came with a bag and manual (in other words the manual wasn't in the game like it was with my Ghostbusters from Stern). Maybe your friends came separate too and he forgot to put it in the game?

#2423 2 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Still waiting on my game. The color upgrade chip they got was bad. Now waiting for a new one. Plus the there delivery vehicle broke down. My luck

How would they know the chip was bad? Or did you ask your distributor to open the game up and install for you? Typically shaker motor and color chip come outside the game... no?

#2425 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

MMR is such a great pin !!
So much fun!!
Just thought I would throw that out there !!

Agreed but I want to see video mode!

#2450 2 years ago

Want to confirm the knocker can't be disabled in the software? Assuming it can't is there a molex to unplug that doesn't disable the shaker too? Or should I make my own molex break in the back box?

#2452 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

Just unplug the knocker from the board in the head. Follow the knocker wires.
LTG : )

My knocker wires do not appear to go into the board in the head. They appear to go down into the cabinet.

#2461 2 years ago
Quoted from erak:

It connected directly to the power supply in the bottom of the cabinet. Just unplug it there.
I did it on mine. Labeled knocker right beside fuse F4

Thank you for this response. I had not had time to look under the play field since my last post. I am glad the knocker can be disabled by itself. I had previously read that it was tied into the shaker motor molex plug so I'm glad to find out that is not the case!

1 week later
#2556 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Thanks for the details AUKraut. The strip I have is 12v so I'll need to tap something other than GI, plus I'd ideally want this to stay on constant rather than flash. I suppose worse case I can trace back some wires from the front coin door LEDs that are 12V and work my way back to the backbox.

The game has a switching power supply. Any reason you can't just wire to that (putting a fuse in line just to be extra safe with these expensive boards...)

4 weeks later
#2705 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

It’s not MMr but my MMr’s cousin show d up today

Well family usually shows up for the holidays!

2 weeks later
#2774 2 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I spent $8,000 on a pinball machine. The game gets $4 worth of new balls every 3 months...

What do you guys do with your old balls? Recycle bin? I’m not sure they are on the list in my town.

P.S. “Giggidy”

#2825 2 years ago

I am not a mod guy at all. People make their games look so crappy with some of the toys and crap they put on them. However I really want just a little more light on the front of the castle / drawbridge area. Any ideas for something that is completely reversible and tasteful?

#2828 2 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

There's two spotlights shinning on the castle with yellow bulbs I think. Goto comet pinball and look at their spotlight bulbs. I would just change the originals with something brighter...

Thanks this may be a good first step!

#2829 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I added these spotlights to the top of the slingshots, tying them to the slingshot GI.

This is good too but I’m not sure if it reaches the castle as well as I would like...

#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from LFDOG:

Well - I finally get to post. I'm the proud owner of my very first pin - MMR SE.
It's in shipping and scheduled to arrive on Monday. I'm pretty excited (as I'm sure you can imagine). I'll be making an unboxing/set-up video to share and hopefully can get things unpacked, set-up, and running fairly quickly. This is my first pin and I'm excited to have a NIB to start with.

Congrats. You’ll have your second machine by April I predict.

#2840 2 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

So this won't make your game any brighter, but I just changed out my castle spotlights with these:
https://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=FIRE
Produces a flame effect - kinda cool....

Any photos? Or I’m guessing really hard to get a good photo of that...

1 month later
#2974 2 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Did you get this fixed, I'm having issues too. Seems like this is a very common fail

There is a black bracket under that area where the opto is. Did you try bending it down slightly and gently?

#2977 2 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

So while I have the table up in the air push down on the outside of the bracket slightly inward. That's what CGC had me do and I didn't see any change. I'll try to reposition it again and run a swith test. Last night it reported closed but once a ball was in it stays closed not open.

I bent mine towards the flippers if that makes any sense... so if the play field is up vertical you’d be bending up I guess. This resolved the issue for me without tinkering with anything else.

1 month later
#3082 1 year ago
Quoted from jallen3095:

That's awesome! I had no idea they sold those. I may have to get one of those to have on hand as well.

I hate you all. Now I’m thinking I should get one too. I seriously have a problem and I need help.

1 week later
#3088 1 year ago
Quoted from jaystile:

Has anyone put lollipop style side rails on their MMr? I've put them on a couple of my other machines and I like them, but I haven't found a good resource for those for Williams. Please, post me a link if you know of any.

I did this with my Sterns but couldn’t find any for MMr. So I cut cling vinyl out for the buttons and I’m actually really happy with it.

#3100 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Thanks for the help ltg.

He is the best!

1 month later
#3239 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I would personally get a used LE. You can probably get one with the color upgrade and some mods for the same price as a new standard.

This is true - I saw one semi locally to me that had this stuff installed for the price of a new standard. I passed and bought NIB. The reason being is that the person modded the crap out of the game. I didn’t want a game someone glued and wired lame toys to. Others love mods and it would have been a deal to them but man it looked like CRAP!

To each their own I guess. :-p

1 week later
#3256 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Who’s got an original MM they want to trade me for my HUO CV? I just posted it in the market.

You posted in the MMr club... so likely not many here.

1 week later
#3285 1 year ago
Quoted from Sam40:

That is not true..... It only activates the knocker at the replay level awards....not at other extra balls, suck as the 2nd castle, or the Hurry up EB, or if you complete Royal Madness.... etc....
But I agree about the knocker.... I put in a switch so I can turn it off when I play at night.....Switch is mounted on the back of machine.....

I unplugged mine. I wish the software let you disable it like most other games... but I don’t like knockers. Wakes people up at night!

#3299 1 year ago
Quoted from starbase:

My god 68 plays, that is basically virginal. Congrats, gorgeous even in gold.

I have a hard time believing people spend $8500 and use a game so little. I think software updates reset the totals. Let’s be honest - can we really tell the difference between a game with 300 - 500 games and one with 68? Probably not. I’m not trying to knock on the buyer as I’m sure he got a great deal on a beautiful game but I would still take the counter with a grain of salt.

How many Simpsons Pinball parties have sold on here with less than 500 games? If you believe the sellers/counters - roughly 10% of them.

#3305 1 year ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Haha, good point. To be safe going foward, I’ll assume there is 100,000 plays on my machine. Think it will still be fun tomorrow

This game will always be fun!

#3319 1 year ago
Quoted from starbase:

As Ice Cube woud say "today was a good day). Joined the club and very happy to be back in this crazy hobby. Hope I am able to keep this ome forever. Went for the LE, so pretty. Too pooped to play it, but the wife had her customary first game and approved of the game.
Tonight we play at our house.

Welcome back to the hobby and welcome to the club. Also - that looks like a nice 720 next to it? Awesome!

1 week later
#3338 1 year ago

I believe it was in this thread that Doug clarified (to LTG’s point) that it was a kit and that they were not going to sell a “new version” of MMr. This was in response to a bunch of perspective buyers holding off buying MMr assuming a new version with a larger screen was on the way.

It will be interesting to see what they do with new sales though because I imagine new buyers won’t want to buy two screens...

#3349 1 year ago
Quoted from Sam40:

Looks like the screen upgrade takes away space for the speakers....
Those speakers look smaller than the 5 1/4 that we have now.....
Being that I rarely look at the screen while playing, I don't know if the upgrade would be worth it to me.... especially if it is 1K...
That said..... I'd probably end up with it eventually.........

It is nice but really the screen (including color) isn’t a huge part of the game itself if you think about it. I don’t see it worth significant money but to each their own. I still don’t have even the color upgrade on mine.

#3374 1 year ago
Quoted from erak:

No. Madness champion. Starting every multiball madness at once. And got 38,000,000 just for multiball mode. Got to put my initials in for madness champ only. Still haven't beat my old grand champ score of
$198,000,000

Was your old grand champ score in Canadian Dollars or US dollars?

1 week later
#3393 1 year ago

I know you guys love your color screens and your (slightly larger) screens but personally I focus on playing the game and spend 99% of the time looking at the playfield. I just don’t see the value myself in either of those options. The worst part about the upgrade is you can’t do anything with the old screen...

That being said I still predict it sells like hot cakes regardless of price. It seems to me well over half of MMr buyers get the color chip so people certainly do really care about these upgrades. Everyone just grumbles a little louder while they open their wallet.

#3396 1 year ago
Quoted from Adams:

This way nobody feels like they got ripped off.

Oh everyone is getting ripped off if they end up paying $600 for a slightly larger LCD (which is a price we are speculating on but I bet is a good guess)... it is just that no one got more ripped off compared to another.

I don’t fault CGC. There is a market and a desire and they absolutely should fill it.

1 week later
#3443 1 year ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

How funny! My homemade guide looks cleaner! Haha. At least CGC will know I didn’t make this up. It’s a long weekend, so I don’t expect to hear from them until Tuesday. The game is playable so I’m not worried. I had to cut the opening up a little wider and now it works 100%. This game is so fun. Quite a bit tougher than the Pinball Arcade simulator. You can have a great game one time and then just an absolutely horrible one the next.

I found the same thing. Never play as consistently on my real game as I do on the simulator.

4 months later
#3621 1 year ago

Two games in a row I get to Royal Madness... but on the last shot I drain - both times. I guess I choke when it really counts.

4 weeks later
#3662 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Finally, let's talk some pinball!!!
If you beat all the castles, everything from that point on will be a bonus until you complete all other objectives required to play Battle for the Kingdom.
Beating all the castles is no small feat, so congrats on doing that!

I have yet to beat them all... but got to the last one and choked! I think I need better strategy to maximize earning extra balls.

#3664 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Try to get all madnesses lit before starting multiballs, and then you get to restart it when you beat the trolls. This give you a lot more of time to really pound away at the castle.

Do you mostly attack the latter castles in multiball? Especially with the initial ball save? I usually try to rail it then but maybe that’s a bad idea?

5 months later
#3937 8 months ago

What strategy does everyone use to maximize earning extra balls? Castle first then what? Or do you not worry about them?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brainmegaphone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside