IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#493 8 years ago

Great thread. My goal is to join this club. I think the most impressive thing about this pin is how few are back up for sale. Despite some early issues it seems most are keeping them long term. Ill be looking in the MD/PA/VA area down the road

3 years later
#4783 4 years ago

Thinking of joining club. Looking at a recent build I think. Any issues to look for? Warranty info ?

1 week later
#4819 4 years ago

What’s main diff between the standard and the LE?

Trying to decide which to get

3 weeks later
#4923 4 years ago

Someone trade me their MMR original for my very nice Indy Jones. I have lots of trade offers but I want an MMR

2 months later
#5509 4 years ago

Hoping to trade for an MMr from a few years ago for my TZ in the MD/PA/VA area....maybe after the virus lockdown clears.

#5518 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Thank you that will help a lot.

I had the same questions on the AFM topper. There were no instructions so you ended up matching connectors and wire lengths

4 months later
#7122 3 years ago

Looking to buy a friends MMr LE from a coup,e years ago....What were they new? Did they come with color chip? So many diff MMr its hard to keep track

#7125 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

$8000 would be a good price I feel.
There are some things to consider:
Color chip is a big one. The original owner was offered a discount to buy the chip, hopefully your friend bought it otherwise I think they are about $400.00
How many plays on the pin?
I consider mandatory upgrades are Cliffy, Mantis and plastic protectors. There are many more but they are more on the MOD side of things.
I installed the Troll Red LED lights that light with the corresponding flasher.
For reference I purchased a MMRLE with color chip, Cliffy, mantis, and Plastic protectors for $8200.00 about 6 months ago. It only had 246 plays on it and from original owner. I feel it was a fair price. Actually think he could have got a couple hundred more with such little plays. I was happy with the deal.

Thx for all the info !

#7132 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Original LE owners had the option to buy the color chip for $200.....if he hasn't bought the chip and is the original owner I would have him buy it for u.

It has color chip so that helps.

2 years later
#9799 8 months ago

Going to help a friend who says his gate is not opening. First time working on an MMr Is there a test for gate opening and closing? Anything I should check first? Thx

#9802 8 months ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Yes. Glass pane down; door open; go to menu; click until T = test comes; first empty ball, take out a ball, then select castle etc. under menu item T, test gate, take ball to test

Thx! ANy known issues with gate. switches? coil?

#9808 8 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is a test - enable high power interlock switch.
Check wires to coil lugs. Did collar for gate come apart where it hooks onto plunger ? Fuse ?
And it's driver board. Leave connectors on. Remove the screws holding it to the huge board under the playfield. Unplug the driver board from huge board. Plug it back in, press the ten nubs along the edge where the pins plug into the huge board. Replace screws. All three driver boards are the same, you can swap them around. People have had problems reseating the solenoid driver boards due to the huge board flexing away when they push in the pins. A solution that worked was having them put a piece of foam or cardboard between the playfield wood and the socket on the huge board, to hold it from flexing. They just have to be careful of nearby LEDs.
LTG : )

As always. Thx lloyd!

6 months later
#10042 60 days ago

Helping a friend with an MMR from 2015. Gate does not go up. Error Message gate is stuck closed. Running test 19- The drawbridge lowers then the gate says it is stuck closed. In coil test it never fires.

Under pf the wires all look good on the coil They lead a to a 3 pin connector then off to some board. The metal gate assembly slides up and feels pretty smooth so its not restricted or locked coil. Any known issues or what to troubleshoot?

Thanks for any guidance

Mike

#10046 60 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Broken wires or poor solder joints on the coil. Especially the thin wires from coil windings to coil lugs. You might have to dig around to see a break or crack.
All good ? Then go to the driver board it is connected to. No need to remove the connectors. Remove the screws and unplug it from the big board. Then plug it back into the big board, push along the tops of the ten pins going into the big board. Replace the screws.
People have had problems reseating the solenoid driver boards due to the huge board flexing away when they push in the pins. A solution that worked was having them put a piece of foam or cardboard between the playfield wood and the socket on the huge board, to hold it from flexing. They just have to be careful of nearby LEDs.

Thx Lloyd! I did notice the lugs look a little bent and I suspected that as a culprit.....Should I reflow solder?.....buy a new coil?

WHich board are you talking about under pf....Thx!!!!

2 weeks later
#10095 44 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Broken wires or poor solder joints on the coil. Especially the thin wires from coil windings to coil lugs. You might have to dig around to see a break or crack.
All good ? Then go to the driver board it is connected to. No need to remove the connectors. Remove the screws and unplug it from the big board. Then plug it back into the big board, push along the tops of the ten pins going into the big board. Replace the screws.
People have had problems reseating the solenoid driver boards due to the huge board flexing away when they push in the pins. A solution that worked was having them put a piece of foam or cardboard between the playfield wood and the socket on the huge board, to hold it from flexing. They just have to be careful of nearby LEDs.

Got my parts in and will fix game this week....If I replace the coil for the gate I notice it has 3 lugs. Do I just match up wire to wire? or does the order matter? Never replaced a 3 lug coil. I know on 2 lugs coils on older pins there is a diode and you need to make sure power wire and signal wire orient with the diode band. Thx

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=billsfanmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.