Topic Stats

• 4,869 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 266 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 592 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

238385DE-4D61-45E6-A1FC-6E69B4EE2406 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4298 (resized).JPG
0EBB2CDF-C0CC-4115-BEAB-5A60471E54D0 (resized).jpeg
52F32CC1-5E75-40B1-8E89-D1E086DC6339 (resized).jpeg
5A3FDCCD-7068-4E71-9208-6E60B939A13A (resized).jpeg
20191218_213207.jpg
20191218_173406 (resized).jpg
20191218_165621 (resized).jpg
DC27E4EE-BB7E-457B-A80F-33F3B5565091 (resized).jpeg
pic1 (resized).jpg
triceratops02.jpg
face off poster simple layers.jpg
sidon dash river layout one.jpg
sandman one.jpg
plane_green_b_w sketch.jpg
oldman_bodies.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1257 2 years ago

My original mm is at 7.1 and ball comes to flippers each time... plays very fast and evil with open outlanes. Love it. Got to hit ramps really solid ti make them... especially the right ramp, man its steep lol.

#1262 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Man, I just looked at your collection and wishlist, and I swear, that is pretty much everything I would ever want. Awesome stuff there!
How you completed BFTK on your MM?

Nope not really even close yet, just 2 or 3 blue inserts lit. Not sure ill ever beat all the castles unless i totally focused on that but then nothing else wld get completed lol. Thax for the comments on my collection i put in alot of time getting to what i have and almost have my ideal collection. Ill probably get rid of met for a totan , tom or cv. Another great thing about my collection is all are restored or huo and have pdi and color dmds. I wld of never guessed id have this collection after 3-4 years collecting . Im very happy with things thats for sure.

#1263 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Question for all MM owners...
Is there a way to set the goals of the game to an easier setting to get to BFTK more easily?
I was browsing through the menu quickly, and saw a bunch of things that could be changed? If so, what would it really change? How much easier would it be?
Being new to the hobby, I would almost consider taking the difficulty down for a little bit, and increasing it as I improve as a player.
Just curious to know what can be changed.

You can put the presets to easy if u want. I like my pins set up vert difficult so they dont get boring lol

#1275 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Wish I was closer to MD... Would love to see your collection!

If you ever come down this way im right off 2 major interstates so your welcome to stop by

#1305 2 years ago

Im very glad mmr was made so people cld enjoy this awesome pin . It also brought down the original mm price some, which was great for me bc now im able to own a restored original with lots of mods for not much more than mmr was. Thax pps

#1316 2 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I gotta ask, is FT easier than MMR? I cannot remember how literally easy/difficult MMR is. Been going on an educated guess.

While i love ft ...it's very simple compared to mm. Ft can be difficult but has no where near the shots or rules of mm.

#1346 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I see absolutely no point in owning an original. Gameplay is the same and modern electronics with MMr, not to mention cheaper.

Both have good and bad things about them. I waited to get a restored original bc ican work on the boards , change the leds, blackout mod for backbix is a great addition that u cant do on mmr and i like willians stuff lol.
However i love the color upgrade on mmr and the shaker . Im just glad more were made so everyone can enjoy. I actually dont carr for the modern electronics . If i have issues i can swap boards between machines and fix the old stuff if i ever have a issue ....new stuff not so much lol

#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I could be wrong but wouldn't swapping out a beaglebone black be cheaper than buying new Rottendog boards for the originals? I wish Rick could chime in with a price.

Its really easy to fix most original wpc95 boards cheap so no reason to replace them. Im curious about replacements of the newer mmr boards down the road also ......

#1352 2 years ago

My sound board is screwed on my Judge Dredd. My option in a $350 pinsound board to replace it, and that's for the sound only. Too bad it didn't have a beaglebone black like in MMr, it would have been a quick easy and cheap swap and I'm done.

Send your sound board out to get fixed? Or you can get a nice used one for around 175- 200 if yours isnt fixable but it sld be .

#1353 2 years ago

I forgot to include this as an option too.
ebay.com link » Nos Bally Williams Wpc 95 Pinball Machine Audio Visual Board New Free Shipping
definitely beaglebone black is a better option moving forward.

Really? Lol thats not even a viable option and a freaking joke at best

#1354 2 years ago

By the way your jd sound board isnt a wpc 95 like i believe your implying?

#1357 2 years ago

Your dcs soundboard sld be easily fixed for relativity cheap if you can do it or even sending it out, not sure y u need a new one? Not sure why were even talking about replacements for mmr? I have nothing against anything new but i just prefer being able to fix my current pins same day cheaply, instead of keeping full boardsets in stock for the newer spike system pins and other newer stuff. Im all for technology in newer pins to have more features and code but no need in my older pins. Good luck with your jd ....

1 week later
#1450 2 years ago

What's the difference between the mm and mmr ramo protectors?

#1452 2 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

As per Cliffy, MMR came with ramp protectors while MM did not.

Really? Every original ive played has them and my original does? U sure cliffy just didnt upgrade the factory design as he does on alot of pins?

#1454 2 years ago

Looks like the original had them also but he makes better ones than the factory provided......

#1457 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Nothing...in home use it's not a worry. If you're anal throw some of that cling Mylar around the buttons. It'll come off easy later.

Not completely true.... ive seen wear on some mm/mmr decaled cabs in home use ....

#1464 2 years ago

All your high voltage solenoids are out. Im not familiar with mmr or id be glad to help.

#1526 2 years ago

Still thats a crazy score on mb....

#1532 2 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

If you intend to reach the wizard within a couple of months of ownership, you are either a really good player, or have your machine set up really easy.
If you have "easy" installed, I suggest you return to "medium".

Yea factory settings with open outlanes and 7.1 angle makes getting to the wizard mode fairly difficult. Ive been 3 shots away from starting it once and havent been close since lol. Dont see me beating mm or afm anytime soon which is awesome for older games. One day when the star's are come together it will happen tho lol.

2 weeks later
#1650 2 years ago

Every pin is different and can play very different this is the reason i love pinball..... who likes things that are predictable all the time? That gets boring imo

#1685 2 years ago
Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Joined the club a couple weeks ago with a Mmr le I found with 50 plays on it . Really enjoying this game starting to realize the high ratings on this especially compared to Afm with how close these games seem to one another . Mmr is more challenging and love it !

My afm is much more difficult than my mm..... Guess it depends on how they are set up tho...

2 weeks later
#1803 2 years ago

The lighted plexiglass lighting backboard looks awesome and is one my favorite mods on mm. It really adds to the lightshow . If i didnt have that id think a blue or cool white hooked to a flasher wld be best.

#1808 2 years ago

bigd1979 Wow that looks stunning

It really is a neat upgrade ......

#1812 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

How is this done?

Its a new backboard with a special lightstrip that ties into a flasher. Very neat and effective. I believe a person in Germany sells them for a much better price than pinball decals....

#1834 2 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

You need to catapult each different item.
After you collect them all, you need to get it in the catapult to start the Barnyard Multiball.

Super difficult shot.... most i ever had was 3 .

#1844 2 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Don't tell any other original MM owners that.
It will start a pinside riot. And they will try to give you a hundred excuses why you're wrong. But yup you're right.

Its all preference.......

2 weeks later
#1950 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Starting to think my game has it out for me.
If you have a sec to look at this quick video, you'll see two brutal side drains right off the slingshots at the end. I played an MMR the other day, and it played nothing like this.
» YouTube video
I'm set at 6.5 and 0 degrees across.
I'm seriously ready to sell this thing or throw it out of the window!!! Hahaha

Definitely playing very slowly imo . Id jack up the back legs a fair amount(7-7.5) which will also help with side to side movment and less side drains. Slingshot switches sld be gapped better also imo bc lots of hits didnt activate them.

#1955 2 years ago

Here's a short video of mine with some nice mods including the special lightning backboard.

#1978 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone...?
Is it really necessary to have the mylar around the trolls if your game is HUO and you clean and wax regularly?

I wld keep it as that area can chip especially with the way the clearcoat is now. The ball will have movement around that area regardless due to the troll flaps.

#1998 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Question for everyone... (MMR and MM alike..)
How often would you say you are able to get ALL of the Madness Multiballs going at once? (Catapult, Peasant, Damsel, Joust, and Troll, either started during the others, or at the beginning..)
I'm curious how often it's an occurrence.

Very rarely on mine... come by and play bud. I think ss and mm are new since u have been by?

#2000 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

SS I've seen, but when I was there last you didn't have it up and running - needed something. (Can't remember what! ) MM is new though!
May pop by sometime this summer.
I remember getting it a couple times back when MM was new, and loved the callouts.

Sounds good bud ...your welcome any time. I also will have dile soon

2 weeks later
#2066 2 years ago
Quoted from Plunger069:

Although I did the speaker upgrade and it was a tremendous improvement, I just ordered the Pinballpro speakers and sub for MMr. It is definitely missing some bass. Whatever speakers and sub they used in AFMrSE are excellent, and am hoping the Pinballpro setup can equal that. I will post results when I get the new parts installed.

Ive never been impressed with eaither and usually go back to stock if a pin i bought had them installed. The best bang for buck is the polk psw powered sub. I have them on every pin and its so much better than a cab sub/woofer.

#2080 2 years ago

The drawbridge can wear depending on the quality of the decal.top_lf_before (resized).jpg

#2083 2 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

My machine is set at about 7 degrees and the ball will occasionally get hung up behind the right troll- if I shake it or wait until ball search drops the troll, I usually drain straight down the middle!

Need to bend the metal guide on back of troll mrch slightly....

3 weeks later
#2125 2 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys I've had my table for a few weeks and have a rules question, so ball 1 I start multiball madness with say joust victory and catapult slam and complete it and then drain. So ball number 2 I complete save the damsal and revolting peasants then shoot it in Merlins magic i am not rewarded with another multiball madness until I would finish trolls, finish royal madness then it starts all over again. Is that right? For some reason I thought I could get Multiball madness multiple times before Royal madness.

Nope have to finish royal first to restart them.

#2127 2 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Thanks Big!! Other issue is my right flipper seems weak, it's hard hitting the castle gate with it! I set the strength up to +4 but not difference. It's just nowhere near as nice as the left flipper in terms of strength.

How many plays u have? May need rebuilt or something may b lose?

3 weeks later
#2202 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Forgive my ignorance here, I'm sure it's probably been discussed, but with the PCBs in both the backboard, and under the playfield - are there concerns about this in the future? I'd love to get this game eventually, but people already freak out about the spike systems, on here it seems the LEDs are surface mounted on a custom PCB which is then riveted to the playfield. What happens if something breaks or an LED goes out?

U call cgc and buy a new one or exchange if still in warranty.

2 weeks later
#2256 2 years ago

It sld come down to the flippers like on this gameplay video of mine.

1 week later
#2314 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Really want to know how these compare to the Stern built MMRs.

There sldnt b any difference.... cgc supplied the same parts both times ..... stern just assembled them the first time.

#2320 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Did you pick stainless or is that how they all come? My distributor didn't ask my trim preference.

Only the le got trim preference

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside