IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#972 7 years ago

One of my trolls has almost stopped registering hits. Even smacking it pretty hard head on doesn't always register. Are there good instructions anywhere on how to adjust sensitivity?

Is this a common problem? Both trolls registered well out of the box, only recently this became a problem.

5 months later
#1575 7 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Sorry, I mean the 'Williams' logo that is in the middle of the panel and below the DMD.

The Williams logo is trademarked so you really can't sell a replacement without licensing it, but as it's just for personal home use you can make your own pretty easily.

I have one of those Cricut/Silhouette craft/vinyl cutters so I just pulled up a copy of the logo, fiddled a bit in the software to make sure it would cut in the right places, and loaded in some gold vinyl.
It's essentially just a sticker, but I really like how it came out. That blank space on the box really stood out before and looked like something was missing from it.

I'll try to post some pictures when I get home tonight

#1577 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

yes you have to do it by your own
cut vinyl or laser it from stainless steel
just for your own machine
sad that there is no official part available

For now, I'll have to live with my own version

IMG_20170415_150126.jpgIMG_20170415_150126.jpg

IMG_20170415_150144.jpgIMG_20170415_150144.jpg

1 week later
#1659 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just missed bftk this morning by one castle. Arrrgh.

That happened to me last night too!

I completed everything except for Trolls a few times, so now I started to concentrate on that making sure to light Trolls before starting Multiball Madness. Last night I set a new Troll record (26), but failed to complete (by a LONG margin) the last castle.

2 months later
#2116 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I have my game at 6.7, and played another MMR that was set at 6.8

The difference between 6.7 and 6.8 degrees incline would be imperceptible.
Lots of other things effect game play. You'll never get 2 games to play exactly the same.

1 week later
#2147 6 years ago

I seem to have bent the flap on one of my trolls and it now doesn't really sit flush with the play field.
I tried to bend it back a bit but i'm worried about cracking it, is there an easy fix for this?

7 months later
#3177 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Under playfield disconnect the troll face switch. Remove the hex head bolt holding the troll to the plunger. ( see picture ) Wiggle troll off of plunger up and out and lean to the left so part on the left side that triggers the up/down switch clears the hole in the playfield.

Dammit Lloyd! Now I really feel like an idiot.
I've had to take out a troll twice to tighten a loose nut and I fiddled with those springs/clips for 30 min to get them back on.

1 month later
#3394 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I still predict it sells like hot cakes regardless of price

I'm curious to see if you're right.
I got the color upgrade, but it was only $200 for LE owners. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have done it for $400. Definitely wouldn't have paid an extra grand... But it seems so many people in this hobby just have money to burn.

If the color upgrade is still going to be separate from the larger screen, I can't see how it's under $1k for both. My guess (based on nothing but my naive intuition) is the screen upgrade will be $600, the color will still be $400 (so $1k to upgrade from SE to large color screen), and they will produce a new batch of machines that come with the new screen and color for $1,000 higher price tag.
This way nobody feels like they got ripped off.

1 year later
#4325 4 years ago
Quoted from dharris2112:

I'm having to laugh and to cry at the same time.
When I bought my MMRLE, everyone was complaining about how bad the gold option looked. When orders came in, gold was the most popular color. Me being the odd duck ordered black and now that's the MMRRE color.
On the other hand, I'm sad because I waited on the color option because I thought the price was too steep and was hoping for a correction. Then I heard CGC was going to offer a kit to upgrade to the large color display like AFMr and MBr so I waited some more. Now I see the kits will be $649 if you already have the color upgrade FW or $1050 otherwise. There's no way I can justify $1050 for that. That's the price of a mid-range 50" 4K TV at Best (worst) Buy. I guess my MMRLE will remain monochrome.

The color upgrade alone was only $200 for LE owners which I thought was pretty fair and purchased (no plans for the larger screen upgrade yet).
Anyone know if that offer is still available and/or if you have to be the original registered owner to get that price?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=adams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.