IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adaminski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8208 3 years ago

Troll leaf switch question... I searched this thread and found a lot of helpful info, but not to my specific question.

My right troll works as expected when hit. The left troll takes a very strong hit to register. I adjusted leaf switch and it helped a bit, but it's still a problem. I looked more closely at the working right troll, and I see that there is a small peg/post/screw in the top of the leaf switch (the one not on the troll), and this makes contact with the leaf switch on the troll. This peg/post/screw is missing on the flaky left troll. See attached pics.

I looked around in the bottom of the cabinet and could not find the part. [I only found a thumb screw - see picture also - any suggestions where this goes??? ] The manual (pg 2-22) does not show the peg/post/screw part on the leaf blade - I assume it is either force-fit or something else, and part of the leaf switch.

Anyone else have this happen? Any suggestions on how to best make this work without buying and replacing the complete switch? On my LOTR Palantir I would have already replaced this! Looking for a fix that doesn't require removing the troll....

left troll leaf switch (resized).jpegleft troll leaf switch (resized).jpegright troll leaf switch (resized).jpegright troll leaf switch (resized).jpegthumb screw in cabinet (resized).jpegthumb screw in cabinet (resized).jpeg
#8210 3 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Any suggestions on how to best make this work without buying and replacing the complete switch?

Quoted from LTG:

Pound a tiny brass rivet into the hole.

Or get a cheap leaf blade switch and take one blade out of it and substitute it into the troll face leaf blade stack.

Screw on the bottom of the cabinet looks like one that holds a coin chute in on your coin door.

Thanks for the suggestion, Lloyd. Unfortunately, it looks like I have to remove the troll in any scenario, and based on a quick search, it looks like I may need to fix the existing leaf switch in some fashion, since the part A-21724 seems to only come as a complete assembly with troll head and is out of stock right now at Marcos and Little Shop of Games. Bummer.

#8213 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-slingshot-kicker-switch.html

Pull the fiberboard spacers apart. The short one should work nicely when installed in the troll face leaf blade switch stack.

Thanks again. I did not realize one could non-destructively pull apart the leaf stacks. Won't destroy my backup palantir switch, but will fix this now that I know how. Looks like this post (& thread) has the detailed info I did not possess!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/building-re-building-leaf-switches

#8223 3 years ago

On repairing the troll leaf switch - a summary of my problem and solution. Thanks LTG

Quoted from Adaminski:

on the working right troll, and I see that there is a small peg/post/screw in the top of the leaf switch (the one not on the troll), and this makes contact with the leaf switch on the troll. This peg/post/screw is missing on the flaky left troll. Any suggestions on how to best make this work without buying and replacing the complete switch?

Quoted from LTG:

Or get a cheap leaf blade switch and take one blade out of it and substitute it into the troll face leaf blade stack.

Quoted from LTG:

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-slingshot-kicker-switch.html

Pull the fiberboard spacers apart. The short one should work nicely when installed in the troll face leaf blade switch stack.

Quoted from Adaminski:

I did not realize one could non-destructively pull apart the leaf stacks. Looks like this post (& thread) has the detailed info I did not possess!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/building-re-building-leaf-switches

A local friend gave me a cheap leaf switch with the contact on the bottom (as shown in Pinball Life link from LTG). The leaf I needed was ~2" from bottom of stack (not contacts) to top. The bottom contact comes down too far and slightly to the side, and will not work in the troll mechanism. There is not enough clearance into the hole where the troll mounts on top of the plunger/actuator.

There was an unused metal contact in the stack on my troll. So I just put the new leaf in front of the broken leaf, cut off the bottom contact on the new leaf, & removed the unused contact. See photos. Back in business. Trooooollllllssssssss!

03 left troll leaf switch troll removed (resized).jpeg03 left troll leaf switch troll removed (resized).jpeg06 troll before (resized).jpeg06 troll before (resized).jpeg08 troll leaf stack showing extra contact (resized).jpeg08 troll leaf stack showing extra contact (resized).jpeg09 troll stack with new and old leaf switch (resized).jpeg09 troll stack with new and old leaf switch (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adaminski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=adaminski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.