c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TaylorVA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I like the flipper strength on default. It seems to match the Sterns in terms of strength and needs to be strong enough to make all the ramp shots with ease.
Have you guys checked out the 3D translites for MM & MMR?
http://www.pinball-dreams.com/transfer/3d/mm.gif

yep, looks cool. Wonder how it will look backlit in an MMR but worse case scenario it is a cool piece to hang on the game room wall.

1 week later
#314 8 years ago

For 8k you guys want a key fob too? Greedy bastards.

#328 8 years ago

It's like collecting Wh2O river letters, if you cycle the lanes it's going to be relatively easy to get if you can repeat ramp shots.

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I was wondering if it is still possible to get a NIB MMR or an HUO one? Have there been many for sale? Thanks

you can still order MMR although the standards are not suppose to ship until all LEs are produced. Some standards have been produced for shows and then sold afterwards. Games do pop up fs. There was one in the VA, MD, etc. FS thread.

#343 8 years ago
Quoted from rustyrivets:

I have recieved very quick responses from Lloyd and Ron. Ron even called me to talk about my ticket, so keep trying something must have happened for them to ignore your ticket.

Did you get resolution for this issue?

#376 8 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

I like the "PinGuy" App on iphone for leveling glass or playfield. Which one do you use?

you CANNOT level a pin off of the glass

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Sure you can with software that is calibrated from the playfield and then the glass.

Point me in that direction.

1 month later
#465 8 years ago

I used a jeweler's screw driver and worked up one of the tabs on the retainer. You can then use a pair of pliers to work the retainer up. It take a little time but will go quicker the more you do.

3 weeks later
#544 8 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

way overblown, pages and pages of thread on this issue

CGC could have quelled the hysteria by actually making a comment on it. Instead it was left to customers to share with other customers what the intended fixes were....or in some cases CGC apparently asked customers to not discuss intended fixes which just added gasoline to a spark.

#553 8 years ago

I would think always on unless you can add a switch to only go on when in the up position.

#572 8 years ago

As the license holder I would hope that PPS lays into CGC about the delays and lack of communication. Really poor way to get out of the gate on what is suppose to be a long relationship of making this remakes.

3 weeks later
#605 7 years ago

WTF is up with PPS? First they have CGC making games for them and now they claim to just be a reseller of MMR. This is just BS. Standards shipping before all paid for LEs is also BS. Communication from CGC is shit. Just stupid at this point for those still waiting.

These screen grabs are from their blog. How can anyone look at this and not feel that PPS is a partner in the making of the games? I may just be irritated to the point of finding shit that isn't there but the brush off by PPS at this point is just boiling my blood.

Screen_Shot_2016-05-11_at_8.16.45_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-05-11_at_8.16.45_AM_(resized).png

Screen_Shot_2016-05-11_at_8.13.56_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-05-11_at_8.13.56_AM_(resized).png

Screen_Shot_2016-05-11_at_8.13.35_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-05-11_at_8.13.35_AM_(resized).png

#612 7 years ago

I spoke to Rick for about an hour today. Still frustrated, but he allayed my concerns in regards to them distancing themselves from the manufacturing end of the project.

I do hope CGC can get their shit together.

#633 7 years ago

You can cut a block of wood about 6" long at a 6.5 degree angle. Place that on the playfield between the slingshots rubbing north to south and just put a normal torpedo level on it. Easier than anything else IMO.

2 months later
#757 7 years ago

Time and date reset. Anyone else having this?

#759 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Old code or new code? It was supposed to be fixed in the new update.
I hope it really was.

New code.

#762 7 years ago

Happened 2 days in a row

#764 7 years ago

It seems strange how some people have the date/time issue more frequently than others. I personally had it 4 times over a 1 year period. Assuming that the games are identical, I wonder if a difference in line voltage has an effect on it. I only have 2 games per circuit. Taylor, how many machines do you have on the same circuit as your MMR?

Just 3

#768 7 years ago

Could it be that there is something else on that line such as AC/Furnace, bar fridge etc or even a couple of power hungry EM's. Sometimes electricians cheap out and put several outlets all over a basement on the same circuit. I had that problem and the Time/date stamp problem seemed to occur in that environment. Since then I had an electrician come over and put dedicated circuits with each outlet connected to its own circuit all over my basement. Its been 4 months now and still no date/time stamp issue.

I agree, this doesn't seem like a software issue. If it was then we should all be experiencing the issue exactly the same with the same frequency. My suspicion is that the onboard ram of the beaglebone is much more sensitive to voltage fluctuations than the standard WPC boards and even a slight drop in voltage somehow corrupts the stored data on that ram.

That could certainly be why it's happening. My AFM reset a couple of times when the AC is really going.

#779 7 years ago

what's the reasoning behind pulling that fuse?

2 weeks later
#819 7 years ago

The left turrets on my castle don't always return to their beginning poatiotion after a castle is destroyed. Just playing will usually cause them to reset but was wondering if there was a known fix for this.

4 weeks later
#850 7 years ago

Colorization looks amazing.

8 months later
#1872 6 years ago

looking for clarification that the code update on CGC's site will fix the Date/time dot bug. Info shows code is from June 30, 2016 so I'm pretty sure I would already be running that.

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 12.13.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-05-28 at 12.13.04 PM (resized).png

#1875 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Easy to check. With game turned on, open coin door, hold down the escape button until the CGC menu comes up. First page has what software version is in your game.
LTG : )</blockquote

The code on CGCs site is apparently the older code. I got a copy of 2.0.2 which is suppose to fix the date/time bug.

#1877 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/mmr_update.php 2.0.2 is on their site. Try refreshing your browser, maybe you have an old link ?
LTG : )

Must have been it, thanks Lloyd.

#1878 6 years ago

LTG This is what is shows for me in the Mac directions

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 3.08.29 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-05-29 at 3.08.29 PM (resized).png

#1881 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Anybody that runs into this, use the correct link http://www.chicago-gaming.com/mmr/update2.0.2. for download, works for PC or MAC. Follow instructions for which ever one you are using to open and put on a micro sd card.
LTG : )

Update success.

4 months later
#2479 6 years ago

new personal best today. Collected all catapult items but failed to start Barnyard. I assume I have to complete it once more to start it?

Bug I found, and probably already reported, had two EBs to be collected and Royal Madness qualified. Hit merlin and was awarded an EB but it ejected without starting RM.

IMG_7007 (resized).JPGIMG_7007 (resized).JPG

2 years later
#4234 4 years ago

Left flipper at full power is unable to consistently make the right ramp shot. What are people doing to remedy this? If changing coils, what are you going with? TIA.

#4237 4 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I un-boxed the game. Leveled it. And just play it. I haven’t messed with any of the factory default settings. I have no problems making any shots. The only “tweak” I have made was the right orbit gate ball was hanging up. I just pushed it over with my finger. No more ball hangs.

Mine worked fine until this summer, now can barely make a left ramp shot. Everything seems fine, just a lack of power.

#4238 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

At default power or have you moved it up in the CGC menu? Because even at default you should be punishing that ramp.
I’d make sure you have a little up down play in the flipper bat so you’re not binding on the bushing and make sure the coil stop is tight and not causing the coil to droop and create drag.

I changed it to full power. I'll check it again, but everything seemed fine. I'll report back.

#4243 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When was your game built? The originals game with the wrong flipper plungers &amp; don’t extend enough. If yours has the wrong ones, replacing them could help. That being said, when I had the wrong plungers I could still make the ramps with boosted coil power.

Mine was built 6/16

I replaced the stop and coil sleeve and it seemed to help. Power was at max, but I turned it down to 5+ and was able to make it with no problem. The left flipper coil has some play compared to the right, but I don’t really see a way to snug it up anymore. Hopefully it just needed the new sleeve, we shall see.

#4290 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

That is hard to predict ... I think we will see how the initial sales go, and then it's all about forecasting and how much time to receive all parts to make more ... I would expect that there will be batches and then those will sell out and another order for another batch made (which can be up to 4 months to get all parts in) ...

How tall is the topper?

1 week later
#4568 4 years ago

Finally!

7F723E2C-B5E7-45E9-BC6C-B5624646B114 (resized).jpeg7F723E2C-B5E7-45E9-BC6C-B5624646B114 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 64.99
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TaylorVA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=TaylorVA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.