IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkaterVet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2191 6 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy a Silver/Chrome Williams logo? Seems crazy to have to spend $100 on a whole new speaker panel just to get a logo. Thanks!

#2193 6 years ago

Thanks for the input. I have not heard about the larger display yet. I'm guessing same graphics but bigger? Do you happen to be in the know as to which title will be the next remake?

#2195 6 years ago

Sweet. I have been holding off on buying an old MB figuring they would remake that one next. I hope you're right.

1 month later
#2475 6 years ago

Norm, the shaker motor should only take you 5 minutes to install. It is plug and play. Use Locktite on the screws as previously recommended and stated in the instructions.

1 week later
#2536 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Happy to be part of this club - got a machine made this month and aside from the playfield being much darker than I expected, it's beautiful.
I do have one issue though and was wondering if anyone here has encountered it. I have to power cycle the game 2-3 times before the LCD will show anything. When you first power it on, the LCD actually says no input, and then it stays black while the rest of the game/playfield lights up as normal.
It did this out of the box and I reseated everything in the backbox, and under the playfield and it came back fine, but now it's doing it again and I'm not moving the machine around or anything. Odd that a few power cycles seem to fix it but there must be something going on.

I have had my MMR for almost a year. Every time it is powered on, the LCD reads no signal. I’ve never needed to turn it off and back on. It always powers and boots up with a little time. I’ve always assumed this was normal and likely due to the way the software runs on this new style machine, but would be interested to know if this assumption is correct.

1 year later
#3819 5 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i have 1 ket speaker grills in stock
if you are interested send me a pm[quoted image]

Any more mirrored Williams Logos in stock?

#3820 5 years ago

MMr Flipper strength questions: 1) When the ball comes flying around the loop straight to the left or right flipper, my machine never sends the ball off of the flippers at a similar fast pace. My flippers are otherwise able to hit the ramps in regular play. Could this still be a flipper power settings issue? Or, maybe I just have consistently poor timing? 2). I managed together to Royal Madness twice last night. Both times, as Royal Madness progressed, I felt like my flippers were losing strength. Is this possible?

For context, I've owned my MMr since it was NIB and it does not get played as much as I would like. Flipper strength and everything else is still on factory settings. The machine is set at 6.5. Thanks for any input.

3 weeks later
#3874 5 years ago

Made it to Royal Madness, but missed completing it by a shot or two. Finally beat all the kings men. My highest score yet. I’ll beat this thing one day!

0475E0D1-9D7E-402C-B48B-AA22701E788A (resized).jpeg0475E0D1-9D7E-402C-B48B-AA22701E788A (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#3966 4 years ago

Finally defeated the King’s Castle and thought I’d be whisked away to Battle for the Kingdom. Not. I need to re-read the rules and find out what I need to do next. Otherwise, it was a fantastic game and I some how achieved the bird video mode for the second time. One of these days I’ll beat this thing.

5C1C8FAE-A734-4790-9D29-F7D490AA73CC (resized).jpeg5C1C8FAE-A734-4790-9D29-F7D490AA73CC (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#4077 4 years ago

Had a first tonight....During a multi ball, I destroyed a castle. Then when the gate had dropped and the bridge was closing, a ball became stuck between them. I eventually hit the draw bridge enough times for it to open and release the trapped ball.

Anyone else experience this before?

#4080 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the small nickel shaped battery on the board in the back box needs to be changed on any kind of regular basis? If so, how often is suggested?

1 month later
#4096 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Oh boy Lloyd... couldn’t disagree more. I can’t imagine an exploding castle or catapult launch without a some good shaker support. Well, actually, i can imagine it because I’ve experienced it on other versions than mine and it just feels lifeless. But personal preference I guess.

I'm sure Lloyd can speak for himself, but you have miss read his statement. He is simply explaining that a shaker, compared to regular play, does not add much to the loosening of a pin's parts. In short, use your shaker freely and don't worry about it damaging your machine. I do agree with you Pinzap that the shaker adds a ton to the play of MM!

2 weeks later
#4172 4 years ago

Ummm. Some how Stern’s new Jurassic Park with 30 reviews has now overtaken MM as the #1 pin on Pinside.

#4185 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

MMR XL Display & RGB Controlled GI's .... coming soon ... see it at Pinball Expo ...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sneak-peek-mmr-xl-display-amp-rgb-controlled-gi-s#post-5260263

Will these be available upgrade kits for current MMr owners?

#4209 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It changes based on different things you hit or animation sequences. I thought this would be cool in MBr, but when I played it, I actually really hated it. It was just way too much color bombing and I found it distracting when the game normally is very elegantly color coded as much as it needs to be with the inserts and artwork. Good thing about MBr, they had an option to use the new RGB effects, or leave it "classic" style.
So - what do current MMr owners think? Anyone getting the entire upgrade kit? Anyone gonna just get a piece?
I'm on the fence, myself! As much as I think the XL displays are gorgeous...when I play games with them, I realize I'm barely looking at them. As much as I love color GI effects in AC/DC & Metallica Prem/LE - they're far more artful and subtle...I'm not sure I like the BOOM COLOR BLAST style CGC goes with. The topper looks awesome, no complaints there really, except the price!
Sooo...yeah, I dunno...maybe I'll just get the topper? Maybe I'll just get it all in a "F it" moment? If I don't like the color GI effects, I can turn them off...maybe just turn them on for parties? Hmmm.

I'm going with all (topper, XL screen, color changing GI) options. My MMr looks a bit underwhelming next to my MBr. I will likely not add the mirror blades to my MMr as I like the black walls.

I am curious to see the pricing and naming of the new machines with all of the toys...MMrXL? MMrr? Will the price be similar to our plus the upgrades? Will the upgrades just be included in the new machines? MBrLE with all of the toys was essentially the same price as an MMr Standard.

Either way, I'm happy for CCG and want to continue to see them thrive. I'm also quite happy that they are offering these kits to us early adopters.

1 week later
#4425 4 years ago

I could have bought an LE or an SE a couple of years ago and saved some money with the SE and adding on the shaker. The only thing my SE misses is a numbered plate, but that wasn’t important to me. I’m in on all 3 upgrades, but even if the black powder coating was an upgrade option, I would not get it. I’m just not feeling the black. I love the way the stainless looks on most pins and especially MMr. It’s all a matter of personal taste.

#4565 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm sure this has been asked several times, but has anyone made or have the "Williams" logo for MMR? I've seen a decal on Ebay, but not sure I like that.

Upgrade to the new XL DMD and you will have the ability to add a digitized Williams logo like on MBr.

E43A745C-2C1E-457B-B776-0502B0E3334A (resized).jpegE43A745C-2C1E-457B-B776-0502B0E3334A (resized).jpeg
#4594 4 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

What were people’s thoughts on the Flip n out stream of the Royal Edition?
Did you feel the RGB was well integrated?
I did not catch the full stream but one thing I found interesting was hearing CGC’s Ryan White say that unless you buy the Royal Edition the topper RGB is not interactive with game play at this point in time. Which probably means the speaker lighting is not either. The topper looked great lighting up with playfield effects, flashers etc. but pretty hard for me to justify either the large display or the topper for the price, even more so if they are not integrated the same as the Royal edition. I liked the look of the playfield RGBs so will probably grab the kit for that. Fingers crossed someone brings out a speaker light kit that hooks into the Playfield RGB for the standard display.

The topper light show is integrated into all of the CGC remakes the same as it will be with the Royal Edition. You can hear this in the 58th minute of the podcast. It is not integrated for the original MM from the 90's.

3 months later
#5053 4 years ago

Received this email from Planetary today:

MMR Upgrade Update:

We still do not have an official update from CGC, but we have been told the MMR Royal Edition should start shipping in March. The individual upgrade items should follow right after. We will keep everyone informed as to how the ordering process will go when we have a better ETA. There is no need to reply back, if you got this message then we have you down for upgrades and everyone will have a chance to get what they requested as soon as they become available. Thank you!

Team PPS

4 months later
#6290 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So the MMR to widescreen, LED and topper upgrade kits landed in the UK this week mine will be with me on Tuesday and I’ll be streaming the upgrade process on twitch.

Impressive! Is this a first? Chicago Gaming dropped something across the pond before here in the States? Congrats! Looking forward to your Twitch show. Keep us posted.

2 months later
#7144 3 years ago

Upgrade kits shipping soon!

#7229 3 years ago

A question for anyone that has already done the 3 upgrades. Is there any specific order that you would advise? Meaning, should you do GI first, then screen and sound, then topper? Or is order irrelevant?

#7233 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If someone could post a photo of the rgb lighting Uninstaller it would be greatly appreciated. Trying to gauge the size of the job

It is a 30+ page booklet with lots of pictures and states an Intermediate Level of experience working on pins is required.

#7235 3 years ago

I’ve been running the flipper strength at -5 on my MMr and MBr and have been getting tons of air balls. Finally got around to changing them to -9 tonight. They both play so much better. Wish I would have changed them sooner.

1 week later
#7327 3 years ago

After several years, I finally destroyed King of
Pain’s castle and only needed to shoot the castle one more time to Battle for the Kingdom. Of course, trolls were running and I lost my last ball. Ugh! On the bright side, the game included two chances at Royal Madness, one of which I completed for the first time ever. I attribute last night’s relative success to a bit of luck, a bit of skill, and decreasing the flipper strength last week.

1 week later
#7393 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Thank you for all the comments to my previous problems. I was able to fix my stuttering sound due bad alligator clips from my external sub. With pinball it seems you fix something and something else stops working . This next one is my fault though. I unplugged an led mod while the machine was on that hooked into the lower GI playfield lights. I tried to plug in the GI cables back how it came without the mod and noticed that they are not lighting up. I think I’m plugging them right? Any thoughts why the lower GI lights don’t work and how I can fix it? I checked the fuses on the back box and they seem to be okay.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like the connectors aren’t fully engaged.

2 weeks later
#7489 3 years ago

Installing the GI Upgrade is proving to be a Royal PIA. Among other issues, one of the clear caps has come off of one of the GI string lights. Is there a best way to re-attach these caps when they come off?

#7495 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Got my custom logo installed last night...much better than the CGC logo
[quoted image]

What kind of SD Card did you use? Was is FAT32 formatted? No matter what SD card I use, my MMr says it is unable to mount the card. I've even used the same card that worked for my MBr. I am running the latest firmware version. Thanks to anyone who can share the special trick for successfully loading a custom logo.

#7500 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

What kind of SD Card did you use? Was is FAT32 formatted? No matter what SD card I use, my MMr says it is unable to mount the card. I've even used the same card that worked for my MBr. I am running the latest firmware version. Thanks to anyone who can share the special trick for successfully loading a custom logo.

Custom Logo update: I continued to try the same FAT32 formatted SD card multiple times in a row. On my 6th or 7th try, my MMr finally mounted the card and allowed me to load a custom logo. So, if you're having issues, keep trying. It also may help to sweet talk the machine while you're trying

#7512 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not available.
This picture will help.
[quoted image]

When adjusting the wiring to allow for more than blue lights to the speakers, as you have done here, did you end up with a connector with a yellow wire and a black wire coming from the new display that is not connected to anything?

#7514 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

?? what do you mean
original only blue is connected to 12v always on
you can chang it to the right pinouts and you will have the full rgb speaker function like the RE

Quoted from kapsreiter:

?? what do you mean
original only blue is connected to 12v always on
you can chang it to the right pinouts and you will have the full rgb speaker function like the RE

Yes, I changed it just as described. There were two sets of connectors with black and yellow wires coming from the new display. One set is then moved to the connector with all of the RBG wires that goes to the new Topper PCB. The other connector with black and yellow wires is not connected to anything.

#7528 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And side mirrors, shaker motor, RGB lighting in the pop bumpers, changing speaker lights.
LTG : )

The complete upgrade kit comes with everything necessary to have speaker changing lights. Making it happen was easy and less technical that some of the other portions of the upgrade. Do you think it was just an oversight to not include how to do it in the instructions booklet?
Like others, I am beyond happy that CGC offered these kits to us early adopters and supporters.

#7534 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

please post a pic
i don't know the old connector
i think some y connector is not longer necessary

Here is the empty connector in question.

One final question is regarding the ground wire from the display. I left the previous display's green/yellow ground wire in place as it was already attached to the connector. I simply place the new display's green ground wire under that one. Any better ideas?

IMG_3805 (resized).jpegIMG_3805 (resized).jpegIMG_3806 (resized).jpegIMG_3806 (resized).jpeg
#7577 3 years ago

I got sick and tired of sifting through tons of poorly marked key chains and decided to make my arcade life easier. Medieval Madness

190951A6-1A3F-4AE6-850A-1920588EC7E3_1_201_a (resized).jpeg190951A6-1A3F-4AE6-850A-1920588EC7E3_1_201_a (resized).jpeg4EF9C8F0-8293-45FC-AB59-FF5D36E1BE75_1_201_a (resized).jpeg4EF9C8F0-8293-45FC-AB59-FF5D36E1BE75_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#7648 3 years ago

NIB #1 Pin of all time. Descent price plus you save a few hundred for not needing to ship it. Go for it.

1 week later
#7795 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

If you decide to drill these holes 1/8 further back. you are going to have to be very accurate as you only have around 1/4" to play with before the tee nuts wont fit.[quoted image]

Also, be prepared to move the knocker plate a bit to the right.

#7798 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

WARNING! This post contains only factual information and is presented without sugar on top so if you are easily offended you may want to stop here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In order to test this topper and board, I temporarily raised the board 2" by screwing the board to the backbox using its bottom mount position holes in the top holes in the back box; this is the MINIMUM height I would want it at to be able to connect the wire to the board without straining the connector and wires.
The next step was to install the small network hub, this device has to screw mount cable ties around it to mount it into the backbox. Whoever put these on really wrenched them down, no way these are coming loose; however, they obviously don't know what the application is for, and can either not read the direction, or the directions were not specific in any way, or did not have enough pictures of what it should look like. Its also possible they didn't give a damn and are just going through the motions.
[quoted image]

Yeah I see that, If I actually run this ground wire through the proper route, it will barely make it to the board...but, if I then raise the playfield, there is a great deal of strain on this cable, if I allow enough slack (per instructions) and route it through the split loom with the rest of the playfield wiring, the ground wire is right at 2" too short to reach the board in is raised location meaning it is cut at the exact length needed to work...this is exactly my concern with the RGB GI wiring, everything is so tightly spec'd to save that inch or two of wiring that if anything isn't right you are essentially screwed!

My screw mount cable ties arrived the same way. I believe this was on purpose. Bend them down and screw them in...provides for a snug fit. I also chose to mount this on the left side, instead of the right as directed, because it made the wiring less of a stretch. Good luck.

#7825 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

1/2" for the under playfield light sockets? Those, I would think be very close to going through the top of the playfield!

I just used the same screws that were already there. I started with the new screws, but quickly stopped simply due to the extra effort it was taking to go through new wood.

1 month later
#8044 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Tried again this morning...still nothing. Attempted like 20 reboots, nothing. Its as though the sc card is not being recognized at all by the pinball machine interface???
My files on the sd card match the files CGC sent me 100% thru their screenshots too.
No idea from here....very frustrating...

I had a similar issue. I was able to update to the latest software version. But, I then used the same card to try and change the CGC logo and it wouldn’t work. It was as if it couldn’t read it. Drove me nuts for a couple of days. Then, I tried the same card over and over. I’d remove it each time and press it back down firmly. After 10ish tries in a row, it finally recognized the card and allowed me to change the logo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
$ 45.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkaterVet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=SkaterVet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.