IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Richard-NBA-SF2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8886 2 years ago
Quoted from Botfly:

I will contact them, Thank You.

I ordered a set from pinball decals as well.

#8890 2 years ago
Quoted from bbble:

Would anyone know if and where a King of Payne Topper can be purchased

I believe they are all sold out… could be wrong.

#8891 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Let me find the post, you just need to move a pin or two. You don’t need the topper board iirc
Edit: here is how to make the speaker rgb
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/151#post-5909393

Yup, I followed these steps and it works great.

1 week later
#8907 2 years ago

Fresh waxing!

29687233-E6A7-46A5-AEF6-3F6D58488A2C (resized).jpeg29687233-E6A7-46A5-AEF6-3F6D58488A2C (resized).jpeg
#8913 2 years ago

The shaker on my MMr seems to vibrate the cab in a not so enjoyable way (I have it set on ‘light’).
I have the exact same shaker in my MBr and AFMr and it feels perfect on ‘default’.
Any tips how to calm the shaker down a bit more? I already have the glass nice and snug with felt tape.
Thanks!
Richard

#8915 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I have the same issue. I finally gave up and unplugged it.

Maybe a anti vibration pad under it? A thin one. Then keep layering it until the desired effect is achieved…
Would like to know if anyone tried something like this first.

DB60E40A-0453-46A9-B275-D5419D2EE8FF (resized).pngDB60E40A-0453-46A9-B275-D5419D2EE8FF (resized).png
#8918 2 years ago
Quoted from benime:

It's come up a few times, you might need to adjust the weights on your shaker motor if you haven't already. See below:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/130#post-5715554

Hmmm. It says to line up the weights a bit to reduce the shake. One shaker I had in there the weights are lined up (or so I think) and it was still to strong.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8919 2 years ago

Thats a great idea. Following...

Or maybe rubber washers? Just spitballing…

#8921 2 years ago

Thats a great idea. Following...

I ordered that thin anti vibration mat. I’ll let you know how I make out!

#8924 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The weights should be offset, yes? They need to be opposite, so just making them straight may keep the “shake”.
I forgot what mine looked like, I’ll need to open.

Ok. I’m not sure. Let’s see what the others say.

#8925 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The weights should be offset, yes? They need to be opposite, so just making them straight may keep the “shake”.
I forgot what mine looked like, I’ll need to open.
Edit:
From what I recall being told, as I have a CT red tremor that needs to be tamed down. The off set weights need to be opposite to not shake as much.
Shown here, this is my mmr. The offset is on the same side, mine rattles like a mofo.[quoted image][quoted image]

Ohh ok. So I’ll need to try that first. Adjust mine.
How do you adjust the weights?
Thanks!

#8930 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Set screw on the weight holding it to the shaft of the motor.
LTG : )

Use a Allen key to adjust here?

F61CB725-A6B5-4383-8942-E9B8F27C95E3 (resized).jpegF61CB725-A6B5-4383-8942-E9B8F27C95E3 (resized).jpeg
#8931 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Use a Allen key to adjust here?[quoted image]

I am trying to adjust here but it is not turning for some reason!

#8943 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just hacked a divot to the opposite side of stock on one of the weights. Now the weights are opposite of eachother..... There is noise when the shaker goes off but no shake.....

Gona try 90 degrees now? How did you “hack a divot”?
Thanks!
Richard

#8944 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yes, I know. I was trying to prove/show the other users.
I have mine currently set at a 90 degree offset and it is ok, more noise than shake, but you can feel the shake.

Nice. Maybe I’ll try around 45 degrees first then?

#8947 2 years ago

Well, got the weight off at least. Can I use a regular drill bit to make a new “dimple”?
Gona try 90 agrees to start.
Thanks,
Richard

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8951 2 years ago
Quoted from MGM2:

There is also another shaker adjustment in the CGC menu called “Additonal Shake”- I set mine to off. Normal “Shaker Strength” is set to light. Shaker is tolerable with these settings on mine (didn’t have to adjust the shaker/weights itself).[quoted image][quoted image]

I assumed that meant for the shaker to shake at more different times in the game. Does turning it off make the skater more mild?

#8953 2 years ago
Quoted from MGM2:

Yes, it did on mine.

Wow, interesting. I wouldn’t have thought that.
And it still shakes at the same times in the game?

Or maybe you didn’t notice yet.
Thanks!
Richard

#8958 2 years ago

Just turned off the ‘additional shake’ in my MMr. Didn’t make a difference in the intensity of the shaker. It did seem to not shake at certain times (ex: no shake when hitting the trolls just a shake when the trolls come up, and no shake when hitting castle gate).
That’s just my experience, I will adjust my weights on Friday or Saturday and drill a new hole like Lloyd suggested.
Thanks!
Richard

#8961 2 years ago
Quoted from mrcosmo:

Since the RGB kit is unavailable, is there a way to have pinstadium lights triggered to match the topper and the speakers? I have the PCB board for the topper. Has anyone tried this?

I believe they said they will be making more. I can’t remember if it is 2022 or 2023.

1 week later
#8988 2 years ago

I just drilled a new “dimple” at 90 degrees. It feels much better. I still have it set on “light”.

3F356AF8-5A33-4DEF-A36F-9A1D44DC0240 (resized).jpeg3F356AF8-5A33-4DEF-A36F-9A1D44DC0240 (resized).jpegC02F4F9A-C9C6-41AA-BFF0-40B8BEBD7414 (resized).jpegC02F4F9A-C9C6-41AA-BFF0-40B8BEBD7414 (resized).jpeg
#8989 2 years ago

I also just did my first flipper rebuild. The game feels great!!!
Thanks LTG for all the help along the way!

198C5141-7D32-478F-8811-8C29A9937D18 (resized).jpeg198C5141-7D32-478F-8811-8C29A9937D18 (resized).jpeg
#8992 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

What is the LE? I thought there was only ce, se, royal.

LE was a limited edition in the first run.

#8996 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Nice! Flipper rebuild must make the flippers feel snappy too.
How’s the shaker weight now? I still haven’t played mine…..

Yes! The flippers feel great now. They feel the same as my MBr and AFMr now (which were NIB). Side by side to new flippers I could tell my older MMr needed some fresh flipper parts.

The shaker is great now! In test mode mode the “light” on my MMr feel almost identical to “default” shaker strength on my AFMr.

Thanks for the help guys!

Richard

#8999 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Hello all…. Need to pull my side rails as I am going to send the off for powder coating soon.
Do I need to pull the backbox for that?
Thanks in advance for any tips! Also posted in the AFMr thread….sorry for doubling up….this thread seems to get a little more traffic.
Matt

Nice! What colour are going with?

#9019 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

After playing a few games, the ball got stuck again behind the gate on the Jump the Moat and Break Through the Castle Wall shot.
This has happened several times and I'm checking to see if others have had this issue and if so what they did to mitigate it.
For me if the shot is solid, the ball will jump back over the return hole access and rest against the castle gate flap. No amount of shaking or ball searching will dislodge it.
The gate seams to rotate a little bit to far back, trapping the ball. Maybe there is a fix that doesn't allow this.
Robert

I have not had that issue.

#9025 2 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Darn if you remember let me know. I like that one compared to any from modfather

I like these plain black ones from Pinball Life

75105CBE-C24E-475D-B14E-CE82C31E49BC (resized).jpeg75105CBE-C24E-475D-B14E-CE82C31E49BC (resized).jpegBDBF0EDB-304B-4D88-8965-7F4367127A0B (resized).jpegBDBF0EDB-304B-4D88-8965-7F4367127A0B (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9034 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Question, I have an MMR LE and noticed that the coin door lights are really dim. I replaced them with Comet LED bulbs but then they dont work. I put the others back in and they work but are very dimly lit. Is this normal? Are all the Remakes this way?
Thank you for any help

Never really noticed. I guess much dimer than the start button. I think they look good tho.
Yours much dimmer than my pic? May be hard to tell, but the pic I took is pretty close to what they look like.

Cheers!
Richard

E4B9DEEA-13E6-4505-AAB2-5357BF98D554 (resized).jpegE4B9DEEA-13E6-4505-AAB2-5357BF98D554 (resized).jpeg
#9056 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Joined the club yesterday with LE#462.
Wondering why the display is so much smaller than the Attack from Mars remake SE that's next to it?
Was this just something they upgraded between releases?
[quoted image]

I believe they are making more XL displays for the early MMr next year.

2 weeks later
#9091 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Anyone know of XL display/sound upgrade kits for sale?!? Trying to upgrade my LE

I don’t think you will find anyone with those in stock.
More to be released in 2023 I believe.
Richard

2 weeks later
#9123 2 years ago
Quoted from justyn:

First thing I checked Opened up the backbox and reseated cables and everything is fine now. Must have shaken loose or ?? No idea, but happy it ended up being an easy fix!

Great! Glad it is fixed!

#9146 2 years ago

This is the speaker in my cab now. The XL display kit was installed by the previous owner.

Is this speaker the original? Maybe it was not changed? Still sounds fine to me.

The previous owner also used external subs, so maybe he didn’t change it?

Thanks!

5531A613-3DEA-4319-A3A5-6C8EEF6CC1E1 (resized).jpeg5531A613-3DEA-4319-A3A5-6C8EEF6CC1E1 (resized).jpeg

#9148 2 years ago

Me? I do not. The XL dmd/sound upgrade was done before I bought it.

#9151 2 years ago

Thats's the original sub

That’s what I thought. He had external subs so to change it out may not have been worth his time.

I looked online, the sub that comes with the kit is pretty cheap to buy, but since taking the old one out is such a pain I may not try!

#9155 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

the new woofer adds a bunch more bass and shakes the machines at times w/ low frequency. I think it was worth it. Wasnt too bad, just take your time read this thread.

You *MAY* get lucky like I did and it pops out in a few chunks.

Ok, it may be worth a try then. Excuse my ignorance, why do you need to take that piece off anyway? You can not just bolt the new speaker to the old platform? And now that I think of it, I don’t have the piece (of wood?) that goes between the sub and the cabinet anyway (that I assume came with the XL display kit). Could I buy that somewhere?

Thanks !

#9157 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:I would try contacting CGC and see if they can sell you just the sub. Explain that you got yours from another collector and he didnt usethe sub. Email them a pic of your *AWESOME* CGC themed gameroom for good measure!

Haha, I just found it on Amazon (Canadian Dollars).
Might just buy there now? I see no reason why not? It is the same sub I believe?

Thanks!
Richard

3E05CD6B-876D-410D-8EE7-172CCD4025B7 (resized).png3E05CD6B-876D-410D-8EE7-172CCD4025B7 (resized).png
#9159 2 years ago

It looks the same but you will still need the wood block part.

Shoot ok. No way to make it?

Thanks!
Richard

#9162 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It was just like 3/4” mdf cut do you can totally make it
Let me see what I have in my spare box and see if I have a size of what it was

Ok, great! Thanks! I’ll order the speaker.

#9164 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Let me check, was that the the right one? 70$ seems expensive..

$70 Canadian. I believe it is correct. I searched the speaker model number. The specs look the same.
Thanks!

#9166 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Stock stuff pictured.
Template is just for new sub shim screws to hold it to the cab
[quoted image]
New sub spacer is 9.5” x 9.5” and 1/2” thick
The circular cut is just where the cone is to allow the speaker cone to articulate without hitting.
New sub is:
Goldwood gw-8024r
Should be ~$40
8” 4ohm 90watt sub
Looks like this is in Canada
https://qcomponents.ca/products/goldwood-gw-8024-4-ohm-8-90w-home-stereo-woofer?gclid=CjwKCAiA4KaRBhBdEiwAZi1zzqfSho4Kz2W7vq4ewcnRxdzKtLps8MbpBq-oi0--XSX_G0HxeBhPABoCSa0QAvD_BwE
Otherwise I’ve bought from parts express and goldwood directly [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! Great price on the sub. Any reason why I can not just bolt the new sub to the old mdf? Maybe put the new sub in place and drill from inside the cab (thru the 4 hole in the speaker) down thru that cab and bolt it down that way?
Thanks!
Richard

#9168 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Old sub is 6"
New sub is 8"
I would recommend a new shim, just makes it easier.
You could do a sub spacer (10") but it is just a ring, so you'd have drill through the cab and that set of 4 screws/nuts would hold the sub, spacer and cab all together. mmmmm it would work. I guess it just seems easier to make it modular. I could pull my sub and give you a ID measure of the circular hole if that helps. I did this for my TNA game too when I switched subs.

Thanks! The original owner is checking around for it first. He may have it. If not I’ll order a speaker, and see what I can do without chipping out the old mdf board. Take it from there.
Thanks!
Richard

#9171 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Guys for that part with the GI upgrade where the wires are too short for the pop bumpers what kind of wire did you use to extend it ? Just some "pinball wire?"
Thanks

I bought a RGB kit but had a friend instal it. He didn’t mention he had a problem. But I do know the pump bumpers are not RGB.

Richard

#9179 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Where are you guys finding the RGB kits? Or was it just uninstalled from when you bought the pin?
Been on the lookout for one.
Thanks,
Matt

There is none left right now I do not believe. I got mine in May 2021. Was the last one in stock from my distributor.

They are making more in 2023 I believe!

Richard

1 week later
#9195 2 years ago

Was just playing a game, hear a screw drop into the cab. Then notice this piece of clear plastic looking out of place to the left of the castle, it was completely loose.

Thanks!

Richard

7826F038-2BCF-4918-8FDA-C9B2C6865DCF (resized).jpeg7826F038-2BCF-4918-8FDA-C9B2C6865DCF (resized).jpeg
#9196 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Was just playing a game, hear a screw drop into the cab. Then notice this piece of clear plastic looking out of place to the left of the castle, it was completely loose.
Thanks!
Richard
[quoted image]

I believe I found it -

6A92C06F-0AEC-40DB-BA40-A3F8502E7783 (resized).jpeg6A92C06F-0AEC-40DB-BA40-A3F8502E7783 (resized).jpeg
#9198 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

When I go down stairs for work I’ll look

Thanks! Found where it went. I think anyway haha, re attached last night!

1 month later
#9227 1 year ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Does anyone know if there are settings for the color changing GI?

There is! In the CGC menu.
Hold down the ESC button (I believe) for a few seconds and it should pop up.

#9229 1 year ago
Quoted from justyn:

More than they should
I've asked a few distributors and was told these will only be Classic (standard) models. They may have more toppers available - I didn't ask - but no Special or Royal editions. I was hoping to buy a Special edition and swap out my Classic.

Ohh, I assumed they would all be SE versions.
All good either way. You can upgrade the classic with the XL and RBG GI, or leave it stock. Looks amazing either way.

Richard

2 weeks later
#9269 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Finally in the club with a classic! So jazzed to have this game!

Nice!
Pics!

Richard

2 weeks later
#9287 1 year ago

Does super jets count down from 100 or 50 at factory settings?

Thanks!

Richard

1 week later
#9301 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

my 2 yr old loves turning on my machine (it's a switch she can reach) and then she realizes what she just did and starts running around in circles with her hands over her ears screaming.
...and then after the BONG! she asks me to get the step stool so she can start a 4 player game and play 1 ball each.

Haha! Sounds familiar!

2 months later
#9436 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Just picked up my LE #545 today. It’s in really nice shape. Pricey, but Life is short. It has 684 lifetime plays. Cab is perfect.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!!! Looks amazing!!

Have fun!

Richard

#9437 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Same issue on many of the originals and remakes.
Under the playfield. Loosen the screws holding the coil/kicker, slip a washer between the metal bracket and underside of playfield. Tighten the screws. This will hold the ball above the kicker a little better so the kick improves.
On the best of days it just kind of piddles out of there. Not a major kick.

I’ll try that as well!

Mine is not to bad. I think Lloyd told me once to re seat the board under that part of the playfield as well. Which seemed to help a bit.

Richard

Thanks Lloyd.

#9440 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you reseat it, remember this :
People have had problems reseating the solenoid driver boards due to the huge board flexing away when they push in the pins. A solution that worked was having them put a piece of foam or cardboard between the playfield wood and the socket on the huge board, to hold it from flexing. They just have to be careful of nearby LEDs.

Right!
Thanks man!

Richard

1 month later
#9511 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Does anybody know if the run next year will be SE’s or CE’s?

SE I’m almost 100%.

1 week later
#9525 1 year ago

I just put my flipper power down to -1. It feels much better so far at this level.

Pitch is standard 6.5.

What does everyone else set there MMr flipper strength to?

Richard

1 week later
4 weeks later
#9564 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

That was the first thing I thought..although the telescoping magnet I have won't fit between the pcb and the pf...SO, that ideer went out the window fast..If I just knew specifically where it was, it would be half the battle...that's why I was thinking compressed air (and I don't own a little guy like that yet). I tried shaking the pf, and fanning it (lol), and wherever it settled, it likes it there..I would rather take the pf out than to take that board off; that thing looks very delicate in spots, and looks like a PIA to take off/on right.

I took off and replaced the same board on my AFMr. Was not that bad. You don’t need to disconnect everything attached either!

How many screws hold it down? Less than 10 I think.

I’d try that!

Unless I’m forgetting something I think that’s all you need to do.

Richard

1 month later
#9594 1 year ago

I just installed a CPR mirrored backglass in my game. Looks AWESOME. Highly recommend.
[quoted image]
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/mmglass/

Cool!!

6 months later
#9804 8 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Any rumours on when MMr might be built again? I miss mine, but not $15,000 worth.

Initially Ryan from CGC said 2023 in a slide show he did when they announced CCr officially for the first time.

I believe he told someone since then, 2024.

Richard

1 month later
#9855 6 months ago
Quoted from Flaverflav:

Happy to be in the club since today with a MM RE. Very good lightshows with the GI RGB !

It is great!

1 month later
#9866 5 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Can you do an RGB Color-changing lighting upgrade to a MMr LE circa 2016?

Yes!
You just need a kit from CGC. Which I assume are not available right now?
Maybe contact them.

Richard

#9869 5 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Thanks guys! I'm just back from checking out a MMr LE, and the verbal deal is done. This will be second MMr LE...the one pin I want back after all these years! ...and the seller, very nice guy, has a SM LE...the other pin I want back, lol...

Nice! Saw that for sale on PinRev. Congrats on the sale!!

Richard

#9871 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All.
So I am soon getting a MMR playfield to swap with my original MM playfield.
How are the CGC playfields holding up wear wise? Was thinking of Clear coating it, but is it already cleared?
I think it is a later run playfield, so doesn’t have the insert issue of the first ones..
Thanks

My 2017 MMr playfield looks great!
Over 2000 plays.

1 month later
#9887 3 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Rumor is next year and it won’t be by CGC…

Who knows at this point. Could be CGC or Pedretti.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Pedretti.

1 month later
#9985 80 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Well after 12 hours on the road much of it in the rain the game I never thought I would own is finally home.
Got a few games in before tearing into it for some troll eyes which I will finish tomorrow. Happy she is here and look forward to many long evenings together haha. [quoted image]

Nice!!!
Congrats!!

#9995 78 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

The CPR mirrored backglass - read some comments about it not fitting in the game.
Do I need to order new glass channel all around to get it to fit?

I got a CPR back glass for my T2. I had to order system 11 glass channels. They fit like a glove. Not sure if that would work in this situation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Richard-NBA-SF2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=Richard-NBA-SF2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.