IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 8 years ago

Anyone know when the assembly line is starting again? I saw a video of sterns new factory and it looks to be in full swing (minus MMr). What gives? No updates on the PPS forum in a month either.

#18 8 years ago

It's summer...do stuff outside. Play your other games. It will come, but I still wouldn't mind an update! Me getting SS trim means I'll be lucky to see it by Xmas at this rate.

1 month later
#79 8 years ago
Quoted from insertcoin:

Does anyone know, roughly, how many total MMr's are being made (all trims)? I ordered one about 9 months ago and understand the wait...but if they've produced 250 so far and I'm 10,000th on the list, I'm going to get concerned. Is there a limit to the number TO BE produced or have they 'sold out'? Patient.

9 months...pffft, that's amateur! Most here are at almost 2 years!

1 month later
#123 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Imagine rescuing the princess with this kind of animation.
Rescue the princess.jpg

Its not too far off...have you seen the video??!!

3 weeks later
#153 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

that's the same photo 3 times, cloned and photoshopped. not actually 3 different trims. I looked at it in MS Paint and all three images are pixel-perfect identical, aside from the color of the trim.

Yep, they're renders. That gold actually looks decent, real thing not so much.

2 weeks later
#175 8 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I've seen recent LE numbers around 400. So at this rate they'll be finished with the LEs around this time next year.

100% true if the pace holds.

3 weeks later
#208 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Im wondering if there is anyone out there who has or is waiting on a MMRLE.

Yes, there are about 500 of us. I'm not bailing at this point for ~$150 profit.

1 week later
#224 8 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

Just got an email from my distributor, "getting close" on my second MMR and I had the last minute choice of trim color. I went with black as #1 was gold and now I can tell them apart.

Second one? I just want my first. Been waiting since 2005.

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

Sorry man, I liked the first so much when I had a shot at a second one I jumped on it. The positive to take from it is that I think you're REALLY gonna like yours when you get it.

I hope I still do. 10 years is a long time to be waiting for a game. The excitement has long waned, now it's just frustration.

By the way, it's perplexingly not announced but if you don't have your money in you're at the back of the line. Heard it from the horses mouth. People with money in WILL get theirs first, even if they just ordered a month ago. How's that for another slap in the face?

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is this from a particular distributor? Or a policy of CGC's? Seems counter to the explanation Rick was offering before that shipping order, payment collection etc. was being left to the distributors.

CGCs, but I'm sure Rick is right too. If CGC isn't paid they are going to the next on the list...so, unless your distributor is floating the money for you it's possible you're getting leapfrogged.

2 weeks later
#240 8 years ago

December release is the last we heard. Hope we get it before Christmas.

I'd settle for my game before xmas!

1 month later
#319 8 years ago

I set it to its minimum and for the last 8 months, I only got video mode 2 times with one being from Merlins castle. Would be nice if they could fix that on the update to make it available after spelling FIRE 3X or something like that. I think that is the right spot.

No, you want it to be rare...trust me.

#329 8 years ago

I'd still do it today. My MMr flippers don't "suffer" from that.

#367 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Well crap. Hopefully my ticket for replacement plunger assembly gets answered soon as it failed again today. Looks like my MMr is out of commission until I get a new assembly.

Just buy one from a usual source and use your replacement from CGC as a spare.

#382 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Whelp, that just fell off. Neato.
Loc-tite apparently not included.

image_(resized).jpeg

Happened to me first night. Went through and tightened everything after that.

1 month later
#423 8 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Question for you guys, is the "shoot again" insert suppose to light up during multiball and the ball save period or does just the "magic shield" insert light up?
Thanks

Shoot again is only for an extra ball. The magic shield is your ball saver.

1 month later
#537 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Here is my understanding of what the LE's have over the standard
A numbered LE Plaque
Available in Gold or Black Trim
Have Shaker
Thicker bottom wood piece in cabinet
Le's in states came out at $7995 and all they sold out right away, now, they $8500-$9000 for an LE and you can still order a standard for $7995.00(in stainless) Shaker can be added later

Or you can get it in the best trim...SS. It has a finished inside too, meaning it's all sprayed black. The bottom of the cab isn't thicker, but rather plywood instead of MDF.

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Hey everyone. I am very close to taking over someone's order for an MMR-LE, but am wondering if anyone knows if the machines still being built have inserts with better black ink, and if they have the light ink, will the diffusers be installed at the factory?
Is the black ink/diffuser issue a worthy reason to not get an MMR-LE, or am I being silly for basing my decision on that? I just hate the idea of getting a defective $8000 NIB game...

The ink thing is way overblown in my opinion. I think it was a batch of 20 games or so, and even those aren't that noticeable. I personally wouldn't be basing my decision on the ink issue. Besides, the new ones seem to be darker.

3 months later
#701 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

When I was doing some cleaning, I noticed the wood area under the swinging door looked chipped up on the edge, when I place my finger back there I can lift it like its a layer of plastic and I hoping this is the case and not clear coat. Does the game come come with clear plastic protection over that area or is it clear coat?

It's clearcoat. Get that sealed ASAP and then throw a Mantis protector over it!

Edit: Lloyd is right...it's a Mantis protector.

#715 7 years ago
Quoted from Phantom1911:

Some LED changes.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

1 month later
#840 7 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

My game is level but sometimes balls hit/graze the right slingshot on the way down. On a properly tuned, and leveled game, should that ball come straight to the flipper all the time? I'm wondering if i need to bend my guide, or if that is just the randomness of pinball?
It's frustrating at times because if it causes the slingshot to activate, then i lose control of the ball and sometimes causes drains.

It should not hit the slingshot.

3 weeks later
#873 7 years ago

Had an awesome game where everything fell into place earlier tonight...and my clock is a whole year fast, LOL! First time I've managed to become king on my MMr (had done it on a MM before). I really love this game!

IMG_2686 (resized).JPGIMG_2686 (resized).JPG

IMG_2687 (resized).JPGIMG_2687 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#925 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks, im supposed to be picking one up this week, stainless, color chip, lighted pinball decals apron. I actually like the stainless as i like the old style look.

Stainless is the best one!

1 week later
#976 7 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Haven't heard that one before...

Yeah, I'd be surprised if true.

2 months later
#1101 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Seriously?!?!
For this kind of money, you would think they would be sending someone over in a tuxedo to fix it.
I'll have to see what the store I bought it from ensures.

This must be your first Pinball machine.

#1118 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Random question... What are the dip switches used for?
I think mine shows 1 and 2 are one, and the rest are off.

Default language, for one. It says in the manual I believe.

1 week later
#1147 7 years ago

Can you give us a pic of exactly what spot is sharp.We can better assess the situation and offer a more informed solution. I only heard of this issue only once in another thread. Powder coating usually makes edges dull not sharp.

I assume his isn't powder coated, but the best version: original SS.

But yes, pic or description of what exactly is sharp would help.

1 week later
#1195 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I thought it was 10 trolls, but exactly my point! Has anyone actually completed this?

I've done it twice...I get my ass handed to me regularly, but I'll have great games every now and then. You really have to strategize on when to go for the castles (during multiball), and picking up the extra balls really help too (castle multiball, royal madness, and video mode). And you MUST bring troll madness into the madness multiball, otherwise it's really tough to kill the 10 trolls required.

#1205 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Definitely agree that I'll have to learn how to nudge?
So to add onto my question, has anyone completed BFTK without nudging?

Nobody has ever got to BFTK without nudging. I bet you even nudge and don't notice.

1 week later
#1272 7 years ago

One thing I change on all my games is to set awards to extra ball instead of free game. So if I get special or replay because of reaching a certain score, I get an extra ball. My games are all free play, why reward myself with a free game?

Depends on the game, but generally I see this as cheating. Your game, your rules though.

#1274 7 years ago

I did BFTK only once in 2 years and that is with the extra ball setting so I need all the help I can get.

Like I said...your game, your rules. There are a few extra balls available other ways in MM so personally I think it's overboard to get an extra ball for a score threshold too.

#1279 7 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

If it's configurable in the machine, how's that cheating?

Just my opinion...you can set extra balls for multiple score thresholds (4 I believe), close up the outlanes, give yourself 10 balls per game, 10 tilt warnings (remove the tilt bob too), crank the ball saver time up and number of ball saves, crank merlin's extra ball to 40%, drop castle extra ball to 1, make castle multiball extra ball to easy, drop all the troll settings to easy, drop hurry up extra ball to 1, drop the fire video mode requirement to 5 spellings, etc.

Is any of that cheating? The game lets you do it.

#1295 7 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Can anyone explain what actually gives you bonus points? Not the multiplier but the score that gets multiplied.

It's just a number of switch hits bonus...so, the more switches hit during that ball the bigger the bonus.

#1388 7 years ago

They ALL have plywood bottoms. Trim, shaker, and metal emblem are the only differences...it's the same game. They should have the same top100 entry. It's just like a JJP game: no standard WOZ and ECLEWOZ and RRWOZ separated in the top100. That's because gameplay is identical. There should be just MM, which includes all versions of MM.

#1391 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I'm new to the club thread, but with this talk I did find out that standards were spec'd with mdf bottoms. Straight from PPS.
https://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr-faq/

They were absolutely spec'd with mdf, but it has since been changed. Just like the shiny gold trim on the flyer became Gulden's mustard instead. Double clearcoat on LEs only went away too. All have double clearcoat.

1 week later
#1440 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Curious to know what your strategy is when playing?
Lately, I've been starting out by trying to hit the ramps and orbits. Not sure if I'm being strategic, but I like to get each Madness lit individually, so I can get a few double ball multi-balls. When I get multi-ball, I go for the castle.
I've been to Royal Madness twice, and finished it once. But aside from that, where do I rack up the points? Should I go for more Damsels, Jousts, etc...?
Do you get more than one multi-ball on item? For instance, after getting the multi-ball after saving the first damsel, do you get another multi-ball after saving 2, 3, etc...?
My highest score so far came from a game where I got to Royal Madness, finished it, and the points just seemed to be pouring in.
But at that point, I couldn't figure out what to shoot at.
Interested in hearing your strategy.
Cheers

The best thing you can do is try to avoid starting multiball madness until you light all the madness lights up. You get more balls for the multiball, the base jackpot is worth more, and everything is a super JP or better. Focus on trolls during the multiball first until you light the blue troll light. Then pepper the castle while still hitting shots. Immediately start Royal Madness after that. Go for the catapult while the ballsaver is on. The lock shot will award the leftmost shot still lit (catapult) during Royal Madness. Go for that over the catapult if still lit. Pick up a Castle multiball along the way and get the super for your 2nd/3rd extra ball (first/second from beating Royal Madness and destroying your third castle) and work on lighting your second multiball madness. Pepper the castle during all multiballs. It's the toughest requirement for BFTK (unless you miss troll madness).

#1456 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

What are people doing for decal protection around the flipper buttons?

Nothing...in home use it's not a worry. If you're anal throw some of that cling Mylar around the buttons. It'll come off easy later.

1 month later
#1681 6 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Anyone else had issues with the sound on MMR?
Since installing the colour upgrade chip couple of times I've been playing and the sound decreases to about 1% of it's normal level. Pushing the colour video chip in to the socket firmly seems to solve it but the trolls popping up seem to work the chip loose. The original chip came with a cable tie that held it in securely but this needed to be cut to install the new chip (as per the instructions).
Anyone else had this issue? And is the solution to try and install a new cable tie around the chip?

Never heard of your issue, but that's what I'd try with your symptoms.

1 week later
#1759 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I can't catch the ball on the right flipper coming out of the jets, so I usually just let it bounces off the right, over to the left, then back to the right for a cradle. From there, I'll go for Peasant and Damsal, then slow it down, work on Joust, and hope to get some lucky bounces over to Catapult. Hope to light up all four and then hit Merlyn for Trolls. I just need to get better at using the Multiball to take out castles. Got to Royal Madness twice in one game last night, and squandered both
Question for you guys... Is it extremely difficult to aim and hit Catapult?

Catapult is the toughest and most dangerous shot in the game. Worth shooting for direct though since the target in there gives you a free catapult hit, essentially giving you two hits for one. It's just a tight, TIGHT shot.

2 weeks later
#1850 6 years ago

If you had friends over and they were slapping the cabinets you'd say nothing? Especially with the Stern cabinet issues?

Why would you say anything? They're designed for that. Shake the sh!t out of them!!!

#1851 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Well that's arguably the hardest one to get, next to Castle Crusher Unless you get Smack-A-Troll...

Trolls are the easiest to get complete if you're smart enough to start multiball madness with trolls. In madness, EVERY hit to a troll counts as a kill towards the blue insert amount needed. It's usually the first blue insert I collect. The trolls mode/feature on the other hand requires 3 hits per troll to "kill" them and you only get two trolls to kill. If you start madness before trolls is lit you're going to have to make sure you get it for your next madness, which will be a good while later into the game. If you miss getting trolls for that second madness too, then you're pretty screwed unless you get lucky and Merlin hands you smack-a-troll.

#1858 6 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

Dumb Game play question. Is the only way you get the Video Mode Save the children through Merlin??? I have seen it on YouTube but never gotten it yet... :-/ Plus how do you fire? Left /Right seems obvious via flippers but the the video I saw was virtual (Via PS4) and it used another button to fire?
Thanks!

I wasn't aware it was one of merlins awards...in any case, no. You get to it by spelling FIRE a number of times (I think 7 may be the default) and then hit the Merlin saucer.

And you don't fire at all in the video mode. You run left/right and have to touch the buzzards to kill them. You can use the fire button once to kill all buzzards on the screen. One time only.

2 weeks later
#1990 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Do you have to defeat the trolls? I thought you could shoot between them at the castle?

No, in fact you CAN'T defeat them without troll bombs. You can shoot between them. They tend to help more than hurt.

#2005 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Question for everyone... (MMR and MM alike..)
How often would you say you are able to get ALL of the Madness Multiballs going at once? (Catapult, Peasant, Damsel, Joust, and Troll, either started during the others, or at the beginning..)
I'm curious how often it's an occurrence.

I always go for the full stack, and usually end up one or two short (looking at you trolls and/or catapult)...but it's awesome when you do it and get that great loud callout at the start of it.

#2012 6 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

He's talking about the ball save timer...The flashing red shield...

Yes, Magic Shield. It's NOT the Shoot Again insert in this game for ball save. As long as it's lit/flashing your ball will be saved. When starting Royal Madness you get the magic shield active. That's when you should be attempting the dangerous catapult shots!

2 weeks later
#2073 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEUS:

Found this ball guard/diverter in my plastic moat today. People playing last couple days for a party and I only noticed it because ball wouldn't eject until it thought something was stuck
Looked all around and cant find where it needs to go...
Anyone recognize this piece ?
Went thru manual and I dont see it, pretty tough close-ups to see anything in the manual
Puzzled...Any help would be great
Thanks!

Looks like it might go in the moat where the lock shot/castle shot drops or the entrance to the catapult? Worth a look at least to see if it is missing there.

Edit: looks like it's in the castle as per the post above.

#2078 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

A couple of new owner q's for the more tenured MMR crew:
1. Lockdown bar is slightly annoying as it has a more give and shake than my other B/W games or any Stern of his lock type. Did anyone have good results adding more foam backing to it?
2. Any visual wear to the castle door after repeat beatings with the ball over time? If so, Is mylar the easy solution or will it be too noticeable?
Appreciate the feedback
- Thanks guys!!

My lockdown bar has been perfect and solid since unboxing it about a year and a half ago. No visual wear to castle drawbridge decal. I wouldn't worry if it's home use. Saying that, I don't think I've ever seen a worn castle drawbridge decal.

2 weeks later
#2094 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Finally got to BFTK, but just couldn't hit that damn Damsel ramp!
F*%$ that was intense!

That is without beating BFTK? Nice score!

7 months later
#3115 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Hey guys, just a heads up that Ball Baron is doing a two day special for MMR owners.
Get 20 Ninja pinballs, the shiniest ball on the planet, for $25 (normally $39).
1. Add 20 Ninja balls to your cart:
https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/
2. Apply coupon code "mmrmadness" at checkout. Enjoy!
Offer expires Tues 3/6/18.

Well, shoot...just bought 50 yesterday with the free novelty ball.

#3139 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pull the key out a little so it won't turn.
LTG : )

That’s what I do.

2 weeks later
#3186 6 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Do brand new MMR come with a goodie bag stapled inside? Mine didn't .

Nope. No goodie bag for MMr.

1 week later
#3231 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Replacing my flipper button, and when I went to put back the opto board, one of the three screws that goes into the cab is not holding. It just keeps turning.
Anything I can do?

Toothpicks and glue. Toothpicks without glue would probably work too.

1 week later
#3258 6 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Anyways from my understanding (I could be wrong) when the gate opens - is it just 1 shot to make the castle collapse?
Sometimes I'm having to shoot the ball through the gate into the castle around 3 times to cause the castle to collapse.

It should just take one shot...you might have a flakey switch or it’s not registering for some reason.

Quoted from Riffbear:

I've also noticed at times when I shoot through the left wall it doesn't say ball 1 locked etc..
Do you have to activate ball lock first for it to take affect?

For your first castle multiball you don’t have to light the locks...each shot to the hidden entrance should lock a ball (3 total). However, if you have just triggered the castle entrance optos (by hitting the gate) and then hit the secret entrance it won’t count as it thinks the ball came in the other entrance. It’s a known “glitch”. The second time trying for Castle multiball requires an extra shot to light each lock (takes six total).

#3287 5 years ago
Quoted from Sam40:

Easy to put in a switch for the knocker.....
Turn it off at night, and I'm good to go.....

The knocker wakes people up, but playing the game doesn’t??

Solenoids are loud!

1 week later
#3350 5 years ago
Quoted from Sam40:

Looks like the screen upgrade takes away space for the speakers....
Those speakers look smaller than the 5 1/4 that we have now.....
Being that I rarely look at the screen while playing, I don't know if the upgrade would be worth it to me.... especially if it is 1K...
That said..... I'd probably end up with it eventually.........

No way that’s $1k! If it is they will sell less than 10.

#3352 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I agree that $1k is nuts. What would everyone be willing to spend on this? I'd go $500

No where close to $500 for me. You can get a pretty sweet tv for 500 bones!

#3377 5 years ago

I never knew that. Is that normal, if you get Royal Madness before you ever got am individual madness, the scores are multiplied enough to get 38,000,000? Did you have to complete Royal Madness to get that score?

You can’t get Royal Madness before playing a multiball madness. Royal madness comes after all madnesses are lit and you’ve played multiball madness once. He is taking about lighting all the madness lights before starting it, thus boosting the jackpot values for all shots. Royal Madness is immediately lit after that multiball ends.

1 week later
#3402 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Will Sterns HD glass fit this machine?

Of course. Standard size.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=Pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.