IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Paulatron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8544 2 years ago

I have had a 2020 build mmr se for a couple of weeks now and have spent a little bit of time sorting some minor issues.

Adjusted the low hanging flippers level with the lane guides and playfield indents, so it now shoots well. The rh flipper was super sensitive with a finger just touching it without pressing triggering a flip. It also started sticking up occasionally during gameplay. The problem was the proximity to the opto, so I added a thin plastic shim (about 1mm) between the opto board mounting frame and the cabinet to bring it closer to the opto trigger piece. Sorted.

Adjusted the rh rail to stop the ball hanging behind the troll. Last night I also added a thin 2mm strip of plastic, double sided taped to the rear of the back of the rh troll guide as a ball hung a couple of times at the back of the troll hole between the mylar and the troll hole on the inner side of the playfield, when the troll was up. This now ensures the ball does not stick in the groove and just rolls off the back of the troll in to play. It only did this twice and shook out easily, but resulted in a tilt warning and a SDTM. A more permanent solution may be to remove the mechanism and bend the metal guide up a bit.

The damsel ball release up post was also sticking sometimes which required a slight adjustment (bend) on the solenoid bracket. Now works 100%.

All minor stuff with easy fixes.

A couple of other things i have yet to attend are occasionally the optos do not register a castle shot. Generally the next hit registers, and an odd occasional noise from the sound system. Any tips?

Also, the game came with cliffys installed, but the previous owner did not fit the merlin hole carbon protector, citing he had heard it makes it harder to get the ball in the hole. Does anyone have one of these fitted, and if so, how does it affect gameplay?

Also on the merlin hole, I have experienced the ball bouncing out as documented in the NIB fix thread. I added a piece of thin foam tape and have adjusted the scoop and it seems to be a speed thing, a slower ball or a bounce in stays put, while a faster ball shot from the left flipper can bounce out. I might try removing and lowering the mechanism with washers as has been suggested.

I have put almost 200 games on this and can see why it is so highly rated. Flows really well ,great toys, and the rules result in multiballs galore. Sure is pretty too, with the rgb lighting enhancements and large colour display.
Last night i got to battle for the kingdom but bombed one shot short of finishing.

1 month later
#8638 2 years ago

We clocked up 38 plays the first weekend i got mine, 2 months ago. Awesome game to own.

#8653 2 years ago

All of the instructions are on the Chicago gaming website, along with the version 3.0 update.

1 week later
#8667 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Hot glue in pinballs sounds like a bad solution. Find the bad contact and replace it properly instead.
Maybe inspect the shaker itself, might be some electrical problem with it and it shorts while shaking.

Spooky seem to hot glue a lot of their connectors in place on the boards, presumably to stop them vibrating out in transit and play. Just a dab on each end of the connector will do no harm and peels off easy for service.

1 month later
#8792 2 years ago

What is the latest software version? Mine says 3.0.0 beta 1.

4 months later
#9083 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I was one item from barnyard the other day and I accidentally stopped on the wrong item and drained shortly afterward. So close. Never been able to pull it off.

I have had my SE for 8 months now. Got to BFK a couple of times times and once drained 1 shot from completing. Have saved the children 2x and barnyard once. I find the ball ends up in the catapult more by accident than skill.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Paulatron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=Paulatron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.