c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1167 7 years ago

I haven't quite followed up the discussion regarding MMR:s, but I think the biggest problem that I gathered about MMR:s was with the inserts letting too much light through even though the led-power would have been set to minimum. And then PPS/CGC handed out some diffusers. Did people install them and with what kind of success or was a better method developed? Do the newer playfields suffer from the same problem? Thanks for any info!

2 weeks later
#1268 7 years ago

Anyone with an extra Pinbits' Merlin Hole Protector? Please let me know if you're willing to sell, thanks!

2 months later
#1853 6 years ago

My topper for MM (but it would fit on a MMR too!)

BlackKnight (resized).JPGBlackKnight (resized).JPG

2 years later
#4053 4 years ago

I am a new owner of a MMR. Regarding the color display, it seems that some sequences in my display have not been colored. They last 1-2 seconds and relate to same sequences it seems.

I tried to make a search on this thread, but did not find any posts about it. Is this typical and is there a fix for it and if so, what is the fix?

Thank you for any info!

#4055 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Not sure about your specific issue, but there was lots of discussion about this long ago in this thread you could still see those posts here. Quickly, I can say that for example, when the DMD image is the castle wall taking a hit and crumbling a bit from a lock ball shot, it seems uncolored. There are other scenes too but hardly noticeable. Is that what you mean?

Yes, exactly. Seems that it is a common phenomenon then. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#4069 4 years ago

Hi!

I have noticed that the left troll does not always rise all the way up. It may first stay a bit lower (ca. 0,5 cm) and then it corrects itself to the playfield level.
What might be the fix for this? Thank you for any help!

#4071 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The plunger it rides on is two pieces held together by a roll pin. Check if the roll pin has worked out a bit and wants to be pounded back in. Check the coil sleeve if it's worn. And check the troll carriage if it's breaking apart from the collar that secures it to the plunger.
LTG : )

Thanks, will do!

11 months later
#6756 3 years ago

I noticed that the MMR GI RGB UPGRADE KIT, MMR KING OF PAYNE TOPPER and MMR XL DISPLAY/SOUND UPGRADE have landed into the EU.

Just to check: isn't it so that these are not any limited edition and will be continuously available from CGC/Distributors?
I mean - can one wait with the purchase or should one buy right away?

Thanks for any info!

1 week later
#6828 3 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Howdy all
I went to put my mantis protector on my MMr. And it does not fit. I know a couple of people have done this already so looking to see if it is me, the game or the Mantis protector that needs to be “adjusted”
The area circled seems to be too long
Thanks in advance for any insights.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I could not get the Mantis protector fit either, so I am using just the cliffy.

Edit: never mind, I was thinking about the Merlin hole Mantis

#6858 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image]Got this beauty unboxed and setup last night. Plays perfectly out of the box. Wow. Having owned a really nice original some time ago, this is in another league. Hats off to CGC. Re#4045
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It looks really nice, congrats! Is the coin door also powder coated?

#6869 3 years ago

About the XL-panel upgrade and backglass: I installed the upgrade, but now my backglass can be removed from the backbox regardless of whether the backglass is locked in or not...

Anybody with similar experience and how to fix it? Seems that there is too much slack in the locking mechanism. Thanks for any info!

#6876 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Guys,
I suspect my ball-sticking problem is caused by something else.
This is how it often looks like with the Merlin hole (picture 1) with the sitting ball.
Question: Is it normal that after the kick out of the ball the kicker looks a bit above the playfield? (Pictures 2&3).
Here 2 problems: Balls coming slowly from the right get stuck and balls from the front can bounce off.
My guess: the kicker is slightly sticking to the hole protector (which the dealer has installed).
Your opinion?
Thank you[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I did not manage to install the Mantis protector to the Merlin hole on MMR. With regular MM it was ok.
That's why its sticking and that causes the eject problems.

#6893 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

check out this video, sometimes my display is not hi.res and not colored
you see the problem at
0:07
0:27
0:35
1:09

I never noticed this at MBR LE or AFM LE
thank you tom

I haven't checked this yet on my MMR. But maybe the firmware that one can be downloaded from CGC is different from the version included in the mini-sd card with the upgrade - maybe worth to check it out?

#6900 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

check out this video, sometimes my display is not hi.res and not colored
you see the problem at
0:07
0:27
0:35
1:09

I never noticed this at MBR LE or AFM LE
thank you tom

I played a game and it was ok for me - I did not notice any such green screens or low-res graphics.
I had upgraded my firmware to 3.0 from the CGC webpage prior to receiving the upgrades and the mini-sd card.

#6957 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

The graphic problems are confirmed now by a lot of people with upgrades to V 3.0.0
i also noticed this not in the past.
sometimes the first second of an animation is low res and green
any news from CGC? my tivket is unanswered until now
already did a factory reset, no change

and its not the colorchip, it is not loose and was working until the update without this.

Hmm, that's the royal edition you are showing (since the loudspeakers are changing colors?)?
Its kind of surprising if they would not have tested the unit at the factory for the screen.

#6992 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

this is not true!!!!!!
rgb speakers are included in the game, have this already running
you just need to change the cable

Can you please tell more about which cable to put where?

#6995 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

you must connect the 4 rgb wires to the connector of the backboard rgb string
the new connector must look like this[quoted image]

My cable is different - was yours included in the kit or where did you manage to get it?

My cable (resized).JPGMy cable (resized).JPG
#7006 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

here it is
[quoted image]

Thank you!

1 week later
#7084 3 years ago

Regarding MMR upgrades: anyone yet managed to mod the RGB-lights to work on the pop-bumbers?

#7101 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have a MMr standard. Are there any mods I should consider? What are the best add-ons?

Upgrades from CGC!

1 week later
#7212 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I also have cliffy and Mantis and all works great.

Did you have to do something additional work for the Mantis protector to get it to fit? I can fit it just fine for MM, just not for MMR.

1 week later
#7314 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

The only issue I had was the grounding wire. The connectors on the ends were too small and wouldn't fit on the boards. I had to cut them off and attach two new blade connectors (thankfully I had some on hand).

Do you have a picture of this as I don't remember having a problem there? I would just want to check if I had missed something when installing.

#7326 3 years ago

I don't think there will be more Royale-releases from CGC, but we might see a King of Payne -ultimate uncut limited edition sometime in the future

1 week later
#7414 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Any ideas as to what to do with the old display? Does it have any value on ebay for instance? It put it in a box and in a closet.. seems like a waste.

Might be useful for a virtual pin?

2 weeks later
#7535 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

nothing is impossible LTG

Please provide us with a guide!

#7553 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

MMR LE with RGB Bumpers
now i need clear caps
[quoted image]

Sell the thing as a mod for us non-royale owners?

1 month later
#7955 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Is there a kit to upgrade the pops from purple to the transparent RGB ones? Just picked up a MMR and it has all the upgrades apart from this

Waiting for kapsreiter to come up with a kit and sell them

1 month later
#8129 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi everyone - I'm creating these Side Blades for Medieval Madness with my hand-drawn artwork - here are some close-ups of the line art before I color.
If you'd like to be notified when they are finished and available, you can do so here:
http://bit.ly/mm-sideblades
THANKS!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really nice! I think I have to get some of your sideblades (AFMR and MMR), even though I want to keep using the original backglasses. Maybe next some sideblade-love for CC?

2 weeks later
#8237 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I recently purchased a 9 pc. colored plastic protector set. The main issue I’m noticing is when installing a protector on one side of a wire form gate, it leaves the gate lopsided. The gate at Merlin gets both plastics, but the stud at the right Merlin gate is too short for stacked plastics. And did anyone have an issue with the two pointed red stud posts directly under the middle wire ramp being raised into the bottom of the ramp? Plus, what did you do about the threaded posts that are now too short for the lock nut to grab? Any guidance from those that experienced and overcame these issues?
[quoted image]

They recommend using this countersink tool on Freddy's Pinball Paradise:
https://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/artikelphotos/img_122655b_xl.jpg

Google translate:
"COUNTERSINK TOOL ( TOOL LOWERING , replaces TOOLING TOOL )
€ 8.95 (€ 7.52 plus 19% VAT)
This countersink tool is ideal for deburring, chamfering and countersinking holes in metal, wood and plastic, the diameter is 12.4 mm. A drill or a cordless screwdriver is required for this.

IMPORTANT:
Only lower the Convolux on the underside!"

3 months later
#8507 2 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

I ordered these RGBs:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-LMP-LEDRGB&Category_Code=GS-9991
And these clear caps:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-9007-13
And some of these red connectors:
https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/idc-connectors/5354879/
You need to drill out the holes the wires go through very slightly. Don’t go overboard as the lugs are for alignment of the pop bumper body.
You need a longer screw and have to make a small spacer for each.
I then connected 2 pops to string ‘right 3’ and one to string ‘right 2’, giving a total of 6 lights per string.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the info! I need to do this! How were the wires spliced into the RGB-strings? Where they just soldered in, or do you need some kind of a connector there as well?

#8509 2 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Just install the red connector feed through the pops, route and cable tie wires and solder to the end of existing strings.
There is extra wire at the end of the RGB strings just solder the wires to those.

Thanks!

1 month later
#8650 2 years ago

Hi!

I added a blue trim to my MMR. It is the strangest blue - it seems to change its color depending on which direction you are looking at it. It may look dark blue, light blue, or sometimes even a bit green!

IMG_0962 (resized).jpgIMG_0962 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=Nepi23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.