IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marcdaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2100 6 years ago

Oh hell ya get it!!! I finally got mine a couple weeks ago, Color DMD, Shaker, topper, Britebuttons, Stern HD glass , Pinbaldes, cliffys a few other things. You will love it, the price seems right too.

1 week later
#2124 6 years ago

Guys I've had my table for a few weeks and have a rules question, so ball 1 I start multiball madness with say joust victory and catapult slam and complete it and then drain. So ball number 2 I complete save the damsal and revolting peasants then shoot it in Merlins magic i am not rewarded with another multiball madness until I would finish trolls, finish royal madness then it starts all over again. Is that right? For some reason I thought I could get Multiball madness multiple times before Royal madness.

#2126 6 years ago

Thanks Big!! Other issue is my right flipper seems weak, it's hard hitting the castle gate with it! I set the strength up to +4 but not difference. It's just nowhere near as nice as the left flipper in terms of strength.

#2132 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Agree. My coil stop bracket was loose and my left flipper was weak.

Ill take a look, My game is only 3 weeks old N.I.B.. Id say less then 100 plays, I noticed it when we first fired it up. So I'm looking for a Coil Bracket. I better hit GOOGLE.. This is my 2nd pin and havnt done too much work on them but this doesn't sound difficult.

#2138 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Here is a flipper base plate minus the coil. The coil stop to check is circled in red with an arrow pointing to it.
This one only has one screw holding it on, yours should have two.
LTG : )

Thanks!!! Patiently waiting for AFMR Le so this will kill another night waiting

#2139 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Take the balls out and power off the game. Lift the playfield, pull it forward until it clicks and then raise it to the service position. Then look at where the flipper shaft attaches to the flipper mechanism and check for tightness.

Thanks!!

#2146 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Here is a flipper base plate minus the coil. The coil stop to check is circled in red with an arrow pointing to it.
This one only has one screw holding it on, yours should have two.
LTG : )

Yep tightening this up fixed it!

1 month later
#2354 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

According to Doug it is NOT plug and play. The CPU and video boards changed from MMr to AFMr. A bigger video for MMr would require significant re-engineering.....

You can see the difference, I LOVE THE BIG DISPLAY on my AFMR le!

20170921_164356 (resized).jpg20170921_164356 (resized).jpg

3 months later
#2897 6 years ago

Hi guys tonight when playing MMR ( about 200 plays on it since bought new ) and after the ball falls in the moat, or enters it through the castle gate or ball lock it's not ejecting anymore. It will go into the ball search mode and eject it. New to owning machines what should I be looking for to adjust. It's a opto sensor correct? TROUGH EJECT 31 reports closed. Should that say open?

#2899 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It should be open when a ball is present. Get under the playfield and take a look; make sure it’s plugged in firmly, etc.

Ok it looks fine from underneath. So interesting issue, If I turn the lights on in my basement and play it works. If I turn the lights off or really dim it seems to work 3 out of 10 times.

#2903 6 years ago

Seems to be if the lights are completely off then it has issues, I'll open a ticket tommorrow and see what they say

2 weeks later
#2969 6 years ago

Guys I'm stumped, my moat eject is not recognizing that's there is a ball in it. I've tried to adjust it from underneath, loosened the 2 screws and tried about every position imaginable. I got it work for a few games a week or so ago then tonight acting up again. Less then 200 plays on it. Created a ticket but pretty much told me to do this. No luck.

Under the playfield. The right popper bracket may be off a little, try bending it down gently. See if that works. I will attached picture

#2971 6 years ago

Waiting to hear back from CGC anything, I'm sure they will get back to me today.

#2972 6 years ago
Quoted from LFDOG:

Fixed!
I took a look under the playfield to make sure all was well - and, sure enough, the eject post for the trough was slightly askew and the sensor was not aligned. I reset it to the correct positon (alignment) and it is working well once again. How if got out of line I do not know, but I can keep an eye on it now.

Please let me know what I should be looking for, mine is not ejecting. I've tried adjusting the bolts to different heights but that's not really doing anything.

#2973 6 years ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

In the test mode, the opto is not seeing the ball. Game play consistently has to do ball search to eject it. I plugged/unplugged the connector several times....no change. Do I have a bad opto switch?

Did you get this fixed, I'm having issues too. Seems like this is a very common fail

#2975 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

There is a black bracket under that area where the opto is. Did you try bending it down slightly and gently?

So while I have the table up in the air push down on the outside of the bracket slightly inward. That's what CGC had me do and I didn't see any change. I'll try to reposition it again and run a swith test. Last night it reported closed but once a ball was in it stays closed not open.

#2981 6 years ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

Adjusting the two nuts on the popper assembly initially fixed it for me, but then it started doing it again after a week or so. I returned the nuts to the original position, and found on the black popper assembly, the tab on the popper bracket that surrounds the ball when it lands on top of the plunger had a slight downward bend to it. Tried returning the tab to level and it did not work, then tried bending it lower than original (making the ball sit lower when resting on top of the plunger) and it fixed it.
Not sure why this adjustment was necessary, seems like the kickout may be getting worn as the shaft must not stick up as much as when new?

Can you post a picture of it to make the ball sit lower? Thanks

#2983 6 years ago

OK Update
I pushed the popper in and loosened the nuts and tried various heights and it didn't work, I pulled the pooper out towards the outside of the cabinet and left the adjustment at the lowest setting and the game has worked for 1 hour without any problems... WHEW! Thanks for all the help guys!

#2985 6 years ago

I saw that ring, when looking at it before I bent the popper the opto was really off center. Seems like a bad design if you ask me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 45.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marcdaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=Marcdaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.