c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KloggMonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#772 7 years ago

While changing over to white rubber I forgot where this plastic goes.
20160812_161908_(resized).jpg20160812_161908_(resized).jpg

Somewhere near the dragon I think, just don't remember

#776 7 years ago

Thanks Lloyd that also explains why I was short a washer. My mystery plastic instead of a washer on top.

#777 7 years ago

Going to update mine to the new software should I pull fuse f4 1st?

#780 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

what's the reasoning behind pulling that fuse?

That fuse seems to blow during the update. Pull fuse.
Update.
Put fuse back.
Profit 1 fuse.

Edit: I wonder if leaving the coin door open would accomplish the same thing?

#781 7 years ago

Had problems with the catapult.
The mech was good and tight and not binding.
Ramp is aligned.
Default and +1 barley spill out to the playfield
+2 makes it back to the peasant ramp
Had to set to max to go around like it should.

#785 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

it's been reported by multiple people as happening.
crazy

Well I can't report it as happened. But since no goodie bag with a spare fuse. I acted preemptively. Just in case

#786 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Something is up; you shouldn't have to do that. Please check the ramp again. Maybe take a slow-motion video if you can and watch it on the default settings. Something is slowing the ball down.
Marc

Link to video:

Not sure what I could move on the ramp to change things, there's not much adjustment at the lower section of the wireform.
The mech moves fine when I operate it by hand, nothing sticky or rubbing, the ramp seems to be in the right location.
Just acts like the coil doesn't have enough juice.

+2 sometimes makes it, Max works all the time.
It shouldn't hurt anything to leave at max right?

Thoughts?

#788 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Is that a cliffy protector on there? If you remove it, does it work?

Yeah there is a cliffy but I can see that nothing is touching.

#790 7 years ago

Also I have set the moat popper to min. It was too powerful maybe the coil got swapped with the catapult during assembly

#793 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Can you take a picture looking straight down the catapult from the top without the ball? Mine is actually slightly to the left of the center of the wireframe. Definitely remove the cliffy first before doing anything more invasive.

I'll snap that pic tomorrow morning. There are quite a few things to do to remove the cliffy, plus it has adhesive at the top of the small end.

Here's a pic I took while installing it, you can see there should be nothing touching the cliffy.
The catapult arm is centered in the playfield hole, and the cliffy is slightly outside of that.
20160811_200128_(resized).jpg20160811_200128_(resized).jpg

#795 7 years ago

Improved MMR rubber list and chart.
I found a lot of conflicting info about the rubber list or the lack of one for MM. I put this together hopefully it helps others.
Nothing I found online what 100% right, resulting in some substitutions I did. They work, but I noted my changes from the stock I pulled off.

MMR_Rubber_(resized).PNGMMR_Rubber_(resized).PNG

I like filing out the outlane posts with 3/8 on the top slot, and putting mini posts everywhere there is spot for them hence the 13 instead of 2 for the 7/16OD Not 100% sure about all the locations but they should be close... missing a few H's and the E and F could be the other way around. If you order all of the non(*) rings it will match the stock rings I removed.

The smaller outlane subs 1 1/2 for 2 and 1 for 1 1/4 are tight but work ok unless you narrow the outlane gaps.

Hopefully my notation makes sense.

#796 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Put it back together without the cliffy and test it piece by piece. I would put just the wire form ramp back on, secure it and start testing. It didn't leave the factory like this and I am confident that you can adjust it back to proper operation.

That may be true, but it works 100% fine as I have it with the cliffy installed. It doesn't hit the wireform early like at the other strength settings.
It it going to break the game to leave the catapult strength at max?
If not, why wouldn't I leave it max and not take all of that stuff apart again.

#804 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I'd lift play field and double check by manually moving the catapult up and down to verify it's not getting caught up on anything.

It moves fine, and does not bind or touch anything at all.

Quoted from SuperPinball:

I think the real question to ask is was the catapult working before you took it apart and installed the cliffy? If so then the problem is not with the coil but with how you put everything back.

Believe it or not I didn't even play my game once without the cliffys and white rubber. But I am reasonably sure I have things put together right. It works great when the coil gets the power it needs, everything is lined up. If I had something crooked it would still miss or bang around even at high power.

Quoted from stangbat:

But right now since the game is on location I raise the playfield every couple of weeks and push/wiggle the connector and the problem goes away. This may not be your problem, but give it a try and see if it helps.

I'll try this next time I have the game open, having too much fun playing right now.

On a side note I'll be moving up to Shawnee in a month and see myself playing at your locations frequently. Been to Pizza West 2 times already just visiting the area.
Good to have a top notch operator nearby if I ever need some hands on help with my MMR or other games.

3 weeks later
#833 7 years ago

You for sure want your machine to be side to side level and pitched 6.5 or whatever you prefer. Don't try to fix undesired ball behavior with changing the side to side level.

Quoted from hocuslocus:

At first I thought it had something to do with the wireform on the right, the one that stops it and pushes it further out in the lane on the right side. even took the wireform out and bent the piss out of it, then tested with no change. Wound up getting a new one since I forgot exactly how it was supposed to be bent.

For the ball hitting the top of the left sling problem I bent the metal ball guide a little bit, not the wireforms.
Bend here in the area orange circle just a bit toward the center of the playfield, you will have to take the plastic and wire ramp off to get at it.
image-10 (resized).jpgimage-10 (resized).jpg
You want the bottom to move *Slightly* away from the post rubber, but not enough that a ball could hit the edge of the metal ball guide straight on.

3 months later
#998 7 years ago

I am also having date/time problems. Got the credit dot, but a new battery fixed that.

Now the game just seems to lose time but not the entire date, so the credit dot for date not set isn't happening anymore. BUT that said this thing is no Timex for sure. Its like the clock is only running when the game is turned on or something.

#1000 7 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I turned mine on today for the first time in over a month and the date/time is off by over 2 days ... but in the future, it thinks it today is the 22nd

Maybe they got their board design from the TWZ camera. Wait I won BftK 3 days from now??!! Seems like it was yesterday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.99
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KloggMonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=KloggMonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.