c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kkuoppamaki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 8 years ago

I don't know what's more depressing, the slow progress or absolutely no visibility on when the pin might ship.
I was supposed to get my MMR in April/May and still waiting for any info on where I might be in the line or when it might actually ship. Of course no communication, so I feel everyone's frustration. If there was an easy way to bail out, I'd probably do that

1 month later
#178 8 years ago

^ Awesomesauce, thanks SuperPinball for posting the video. That looks great!!!

1 month later
#243 8 years ago

Just checking, does anyone know if the GI bulbs are niftyled's superbright frosted warm whites or non-ghosting frosted warm whites?

I have one out (straight out of the box) and need to get a replacement LED for it

Thanks,
-K

2 weeks later
#249 8 years ago

I posted this in another MMR thread but this seems to be more active so thought posting again

Has anyone installed flipper button/cabinet protectors, the transparent kind that does not ruin the decal and can be peeled off?
Any recommendations, I only saw ones for Stern but not sure if they'll work
Thanks,
-K

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

OK fellas.....feel pretty dumb having to ask this question! Just picked up my MMR. Trying to get into the head. Tried the keys from the coin door, and although they fit in the head the lock does not turn. Looked on inside of coin door for set of keys hanging, but nothing there.
Is my lock just stiff and I should crank on it or are there supposed to be another set of keys to remove the translite?

My backbox key was hanging inside the coin door, take another look there

2 weeks later
#292 8 years ago

In my MMR the gap between the playfield and the cabinet is very tight, do you have enough space for mirror blades?

#333 8 years ago

So for us lazy people, which setting controls the video mode?

#369 8 years ago

How's the level bubble on your MMR? I was trying to level the pin using that, but when I had the bubble in the center the pitch was >9 degrees. If I bring the pitch to about 6.5-7 degrees the bubble is all the way to the bottom of the level, is there a way to adjust that or is it waste of time?

1 week later
#398 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

1. When the ball is returning from the right orbit at either from the stop or at a medium/moderately fast speed, it has a real tendency to hit or graze the top of the right slingshot and ricochet towards the center drain. It never used to do this before and was usually a clean drop down to the right flipper. I find myself having to give the pin a good nudge every time the ball comes down the orbit to make sure it clears the top of the sling. How does this compare to the original?
I'm guessing that adjusting the level from one side to the other would help this. Should I make the right side higher, or is that counterintuitive? I wonder why it should be behaving like this when my bubble level is so spot on.

I have that same issue, and have not yet been able to figure out how to fix it. I saw a reference in another thread that maybe ever so slightly bending the ball guide might help but I guess the risk is if you bend it too much then those balls that come down faster would get diverted towards center drain.

If you figure the best way to fix this out, let me know

1 month later
#483 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Anyone get a chance to check out the color display at the Texas pinball show?

They had 3 MMR at TPF, none of which had the color display. I missed the CGC seminar, was anything mentioned there?

1 month later
#625 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Protip: stay in middle area, only venture to sides to kill birds going after kids. Otherwise wait for them to come to you as much as you can. If one does get a kid, wait til it's just about offscreen before using smartbomb to maximize collateral kills.

Do you get one automatically or do you need to collect one in trolls first?

1 month later
#670 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

For anyone who has a laseriffic topper: Do you get a bit of a hum from it when it is on? Through the speakers that is.

I have that same issue (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-laseriffic-mm-topper-pic-vid/page/3#post-2875149). Couldn't get it fixed, somehow when the light pulses it causes feedback on the speakers. I changed it to constant light and the hum went away. If you find a fix let me know

1 month later
#722 7 years ago

I used some double sided tape under it to make sure it stays put

#724 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Just got my tracking info for HD Color upgrade!!! Anyone else get the email yet!
I'm looking forward to seeing this in person, the videos looked awesome.

I got the email, if all goes well it should be arriving on Tuesday!

2 months later
#933 7 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Hi everyone, we just got a standard MMR delivered today and The volume does not go lower than "8" and its a tad too loud for an office environment. Has anyone else seen this issue or how to resolve it?

Go into Adjustments ( A1.28 I think ) minimum volume override. Change that and you can go lower than 8

1 week later
#983 7 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Does anyone know how to turn the knocker off I can't seem to find it in the settings menu

I believe there's no option, you have to disconnect the wires to the knocker. It's loud, so I added a piece of foam to the area the knocker hits and it dampened the effect dramatically but it's still loud enough to be satisfying. I'd try that if the loudness of the knocker is your issue.

2 months later
#1084 7 years ago

Does anyone have any tips on easy removal of the apron? Can't seem to easily loosen the nut on the right keeping it in place, I'm pretty sure I'm missing something obvious here...

4 weeks later
#1162 7 years ago

Left outlane drain seems more dangerous than the right one, at least that's how it feels (should check the stats, I guess). But other than that, I don't think it's a total drain monster. Anyhow, that's part of the challenge, love my MMR!
Oh, I don't think my average score is much more than 10-20 million and there definitely are lots of games with quite low scores but many in the 40-50M range too. Score variety is nice, wouldn't want to always get close to the GC score...

1 month later
#1425 7 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

no, its not stuck in up position and i believe the washer trick is to push the ball all the way out of the hole when the VUK is still working. My problem is after the game has not been used for a while the first time the ball goes in it is not kicked out. After that it seems to work fine...

Have you done a switch test right after turning it on?

1 month later
#1675 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I heard the callout "fatality" the other day. Not sure what you need to do to get it but it was the original sound from Mortal Kombat.

I believe Dan Forden, who did the sounds for Mortal Kombat also did the sound on MM and incorporated a few sound bites from MK. I'm not 100% sure what the logic is, but it seems to be related to consecutive shots up the damsel ramp.

1 week later
#1757 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Another time/date related question, but a different one:
I set the date and time in the normal WPC menu, however when I turn the machine off over night and turn the machine back on the next day the machine has not kept time, i.e. the machine still shows the time as it was when I turned it off the night before and did not keep track of time elapsed while it was turned off.
Shouldn't the beaglebone keep the WPC time up to date???

It should, there's a battery on the board and it may be bad. Try to change it first

1 month later
#1953 6 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the game starting to pump balls into the field as if it was multiball but without triggering one? That happened last night as I was playing, I'm suspecting the ball through opto board but haven't had a chance to look into it yet.

1 week later
#2039 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone else have occasional vibration noises when the volume is 10+ and can identify where its coming from? Sounds like something is rattling but I have no idea where to look!
Thanks

Mine was rattling when the playfield glass was not fully pushed in, could it be that?

3 months later
#2380 6 years ago

You can adjust in settings how many times you need to spell F-I-R-E to activate video mode, bring it down by a few and it should be doable. The factory setting is quite hard to reach, and remember you have a bomb to use

1 week later
#2476 6 years ago

The flipper travel on my MMR feels short, I think others have reported the same. Do AI need a shorter coil stop or is it the plunger shaft that needs to be changed?

#2491 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Where’s it adjusted to?
I had to raise them up alittle on mine

I've used the adjustment holes but also tried to keep them in-line with the lane guides. It's hard to catch and even cradle the ball if it travels fast as the flippers don't seem to travel far enough (compared to other pins I have)

1 month later
#2788 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

What do you guys do with your old balls? Recycle bin? I’m not sure they are on the list in my town.
P.S. “Giggidy”

If you are handy and have some extra time, you could do something like this

5 months later
#3448 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my MMR LE makes a weird vibrating noise when I launch the ball or sometimes during the game. Does anyone know where I should start looking, and have suggestions for a fix? I hope someone else has experienced this too. Sounds like coming from the front of the machine near the launcher, not sure if its the glass itself or not.
Mo

I had the same issue and it turned out the glass was not pushed all the way in. Check that before trying the anti rattle tape

3 months later
#3597 5 years ago
Quoted from white1ce:

I can go underneath the playfield, loosen each nut under each side, slide the post a bit, tightening the nut back up

Please don't try to work under the playfield with the power on, chances are you'll accidentally short something and then you'll have a bigger problem to deal with. Btw, when I moved my posts they were somewhat stuck in clear coat but eventually moved after jiggling them a bit.

4 weeks later
#3628 5 years ago
Quoted from white1ce:

General maintenance tips? I've put about 400 games on the machine since I got it a month and a half ago. I notice that every now and then I'll shoot the ball and his the drawbridge/gate and it won't register (very rarely), or sometimes I will get it through the castle multiball gate and the castle will blow up (again, very rarely). Everything else seems to be working well. Do you guys do anything special after x amount of games?

I'd clean (Novus 1 should suffice) and wax the playfield. If the castle drawbridge doesn't register always you might want to clean the opto's with a q-tip. I've seen the same issue with sometimes the castle blowing up when shooting the castle multiball gate but I believe it might be a SW bug (also in the original I believe) but could be wrong

2 months later
#3786 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

What is the best way to adjust the switch for hits on the trolls? The right troll seems to work good but the left troll is hard to register hits.

See page 21 of this thread, post 1041 onwards on how to get access to the leaf switch the easy way. Use the leaf switch adjustment tool if you have one, makes it pretty easy to adjust

1 week later
#3797 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Stupid question:
Credit dot. Check catapult switch. What do you check? Obviously whether it’s working....

If it works in the switch test, it’s probably fine. It’s a tough switch to hit, and if the machine doesn’t record hits in some amount of games it assumes it’s faulty so it may just be a false positive. The credit dot should in that case go away if you hit the switch while playing

4 months later
#3983 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Question for the group here. The top switch on the left ramp (peasant ramp) of my MMR has stopped registering when the ball passes through (the left lower ramp switch does register when the ball enters the ramp, however). I can't get it to work manually either.
I checked the connections and the J5 connector into the board beneath the PF and it doesn't appear anything is disconnected. The J5 connector is where the upper left ramp switches connects, right?
Any insight or advice on where the problem may be? The ball was hitting the switch sometimes when it went through the ramp as it was too low before I adjusted it. Wondering if it could be related to that.
Any insight is very appreciated (picture of switch I'm referencing attached).
[quoted image]

It is possible, likely even, that the switch itself is broken (happens all the time in pinball). First thing to do is to see if it registers in switch test, it should also click as you trigger it. You can also test it with a multimeter - One lead on the Com lug on the switch and other lead on the N/O lug on the switch. This should read OL and then read 0 when you close the switch. If needed, you can test the diode with DMM in diode/continuity. Leads across the diode in one direction and you'll get .5-.7 volts and when reversed you'll get OL.

3 months later
#4087 4 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Has anyone heard anything about an XL display kit to replace the existing display? Maybe speakers too?

The development has been a possibly definitely maybe for a long time, see https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-any-new-info-on-mmr-xl-display-options

3 weeks later
#4198 4 years ago

Sorry if I missed this, but how does the RGB GI work? Is it somehow interactive where colors change with the display or are the colors just adjustable?
Any info on the pricing for the various kits?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 64.99
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 29.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kkuoppamaki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=Kkuoppamaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.