c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JMK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4301 4 years ago

Personally, very excited about the Royal edition.
North of the boarder, these are very pricey, but I’m psyched to be getting a fully tricked our model.
My fam has missed this pin since I sold my original years ago.
So looking forward to adding this back into the collection.

#4389 4 years ago

Looks fantastic!
Tough to be patient waiting for this beauty to arrive...

1 month later
#4680 4 years ago

Any one getting updates yet from their distributors on the new MMR release dates?

So freakin excited about getting a MM back in the pad.
My fam has missed this game since I sold my original many years ago.

2 weeks later
#4743 4 years ago

Quick question for MMR owners.
I have an un-used right side Cliffy on hand (see pic below) which was originally bought for a Stern pin.
Would this fit on a MMR shooter lane?
I have a MMR on order and was hoping this could be installed on the game upon arrival.
Thanks!

DC27E4EE-BB7E-457B-A80F-33F3B5565091 (resized).jpegDC27E4EE-BB7E-457B-A80F-33F3B5565091 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4772 4 years ago

Great, thanks for the update.

3 months later
#5424 4 years ago

Congrats to new MM Royal owners.
Here in Toronto, I have no idea when our Distributor (Player 1) will be re-opening it’s doors.
Looking forward to seeing unboxing pics.

#5483 4 years ago

Looks fantastic. Enjoy!
Can’t wait for our local Distributor to open the doors & receive their shipment.

#5578 4 years ago

The powder coat trim looks really sharp; and CGC also coating the coin door is a nice touch.

Can’t wait for our local distributor (P1) to open its doors to get these beauties delivered.

1 month later
#6179 3 years ago

@leaffan67: That’s prudent advice.
This is exactly what I did yesterday, locking in the fx (to USD) in order to have funds ready go for the MM Royal when it lands locally.
Also agree, it seems unlikely that the $CAD will continue to appreciate significantly in the short-term. It’s already had an unexpected bump over the past week.

1 week later
#6237 3 years ago

I’ve also been told by P1 in Toronto that the Royals hadn’t arrived (as of Tuesday) but were expected any day.
Interesting that P1 Montreal would get their allotment sooner.
Either way, it sounds like they land this week.
Can’t wait for this beauty to arrive!

#6240 3 years ago

@zpinman370: Agreed, it’s a huge price tag in $Cdn; but I’ve been waiting years to get a fully decked out MM back in the house.
Guessing a few days more shouldn’t be too bad lol.

#6266 3 years ago

Congrats on your new MM Royal and amazing collection you have.

#6270 3 years ago

@zpinman370: Congrats!
I’ve got my Royal confirmed as well; it will be in the pad next week.
In the meantime, looking forward to seeing some pics of yours.

#6298 3 years ago

Looks fantastic. Such a stunning looking package.

#6337 3 years ago

@Scott9: Your Royal looks beautiful, congrats!
Mine is being delivered tomorrow. So psyched.

#6351 3 years ago

Royal #4183 in the house...CGC have knocked this out of the park.
Definitely worth the wait. Just an amazing game and a stunning package.

2246888B-29A7-46EE-9F80-BA435AB137DC (resized).jpeg2246888B-29A7-46EE-9F80-BA435AB137DC (resized).jpeg7A482C74-4683-4A59-ADFD-5457EBABA0BD (resized).jpeg7A482C74-4683-4A59-ADFD-5457EBABA0BD (resized).jpegD92A515C-C048-4F0C-A524-70F3E2D39AAC (resized).jpegD92A515C-C048-4F0C-A524-70F3E2D39AAC (resized).jpegEB742C2A-218C-4AB3-B9B5-6BD0B8266A63 (resized).jpegEB742C2A-218C-4AB3-B9B5-6BD0B8266A63 (resized).jpeg
#6366 3 years ago

I have PDI, Stern HD or Invisiglass on all my pins; and in my set up, it also makes a big difference.
I put a sheet of PDI on my Royal and it’s looks fantastic.
Agreed with others that CGC should include a sheet of non-reflective glass with their LEs.
Regardless, the extra features of the Royal look amazing.

#6368 3 years ago

@zpinman370: Sorry, I’m not currently aware of anyone bringing PDI in.
In my set up, I find PDI > Invisglass > Stern HD. However, I feel they’re all a big enhancement over regular glass.

#6371 3 years ago

Agreed, anti-reflective glass is an expensive enhancement; and once you change over on one sheet, you’ll want to do all your games lol.

#6377 3 years ago

I noticed a bit of scuffing on my MM Royal apron.
Not a big deal but am looking for any suggestions for the best product to clean or polish the apron?
Also, what is the preferred product to clean/polish your Royal powder-coated parts with?
Thanks!

#6385 3 years ago

Did any MM Royal owners receive either extra plastics or a key fob with their game?

#6387 3 years ago

Thanks Mike. A bit surprised as well. Seems odd since it’s such an inexpensive inclusion.

Any suggestions for best products to polish & clean the apron and powder-coated armour?

#6392 3 years ago

Yeah, same for me as above; not sure I got that black metal plate though.

#6416 3 years ago

I have to say as a previous owner of a nice condition original MM, the MM Royal feels like a MM 2.0.
This is is my first CGC game and it won’t be my last.

The Royal’s black speckled powder coated trim is beautifully done; and the display, topper and color changing RGB lighting are all amazing inclusions. This beautiful pf looks even sharper with PDI glass.

Just so impressed with how smooth and perfectly the game plays.
Merlin’s saucer works so much better than my original MM. Not sure what CGC did to improve the ball sticking but it’s a big difference.

I still love my original restored B/W games but I’m now truly looking forward to seeing future titles from CGC.

#6418 3 years ago

@paynemic: It’s interesting you noticed that as I played a MMR LE when it first launched and many of the Merlin shots wouldn’t stick similar to my original MM.
Really curious if CGC have figured out a way to modify the Merlin saucer on these more recent releases.
Regardless, this game has stood the test of time and is a timeless classic.

#6421 3 years ago

Meri-cah and pinfarmer: perhaps Lloyd has some further suggestions.
Wondering how it can be so different on my set-up.
My family were commenting on the improved difference with the saucer between the Royal and our original.
At both default power and -1 flipper settings, I find the ball sticks very well and there wasn’t much differences in strength.

I’ve heard of owners installing drop dead foam to offset this issue or were even lowering their Merlin saucers from underneath the pf.
I’ve never done either myself but perhaps other owners can chime in with solutions.

#6425 3 years ago

@PtownPin: It certainly sounds like this does vary from game to game.
It drove me a bit crazy on my original MM, which is why we were so happy that the ball stuck so well on our Royal.
I’m just so impressed with the pin as a whole and how amazingly well it shoots.

1 week later
#6533 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can order the Troll mod with the LED eyes?
I had these on my original MM and recall liking the mod but can’t remember who sold these.

#6538 3 years ago

@bent98: Thanks for info on the troll mod.
Can anyone offer some input on the troll eye mod from Pinwize?
Do you need to send your trolls to them and then they customize or does Pinwize offer the entire kit including the Troll heads with led eyes installed?
For those that have this mod, any suggestions on the best led eye choice~ ie: green, red or amber?
Thanks!

#6544 3 years ago

Just saw that Pinwize is closing their business and Pinball Decals Inc. are out of stock.
Can anyone suggest another seller of the Troll mod with the led eyes for the MMR?
Thanks!

1 month later
#7048 3 years ago

@Westsiderkg: My translite was also vibrating a bit.
As others suggested, I did apply some electrical tape along the bottom of the translite and that seemed to eliminate the vibration.

I also had some rattle on my pf glass from the shaker. I applied a few pieces of thin weather stripping foam at the top of the glass (hidden under the glass channel). That also seemed to do the trick.

2 weeks later
#7140 3 years ago

Agree with neverahighscore above, my Royal also seems flawless.
However, I added the Kerry Mantis castle protector very quickly so never noticed any wear at the castle door area.
Really a shame that other owners have experienced these pf issues.
It seems with other manufacturers, there can be an ongoing pf lottery. Really a shame.
The Royal is a stunning package and the pin offers amazing enhancements.
The black speckled armor is really sharp.
Just a timeless classic which is bolted to our floor.

1 month later
#7471 3 years ago

On our MM Royal, when my son got 5 cows on the catapult mode, and then began the video mode (from the Merlin scoop), he started ‘Save the Calves’ video mode.
This was a different video mode than Save the Children.
Can’t recall this being on my original MM.

How do you start Barnyard Madness?

#7473 3 years ago

Thanks Mike. I recall achieving Barnyard Madness on my original MM many years ago and didn’t now recall the mode. Will be focusing on that next time I play.

#7480 3 years ago

I believe it was just for cows that it applies; and he unlocked Save the Calves video mode. He indicated he got 5 cows (I know that sounds high) before he started the video mode. It’s possible you only need 3 cows? Maybe somebody else can chime in on this.

1 week later
#7541 3 years ago

@ Reefkeep: I believe Cointaker still carries mirror blades.

5 months later
#8349 3 years ago

@Underlord: You will love your MMR Royal.
It truly is a stunning package in person.
The powder coated armour is really tastefully done and the topper, enhanced display & rgb lighting are simply amazing. Just makes a fantastic game even better.
For my fam, the game is bolted to the floor.

#8357 3 years ago

Wacky, I get it.
I’ve played a mint MBR LE and I currently own a mint restored cleared MB. In this case, I truly prefer the feel & play of my Williams MB. I love the enhancements of the MBR LE but I didn’t feel it shot as well as my original. Something was just a bit different.

Now in saying that, I also owned in the past a really nice Williams MM & have played a mint restored original MM; and I can honestly say (IMO), that I prefer the play of my MMR Royal. It just shoots and flows so smoothly & seamlessly.

Like MK6PIN indicated, the Royal is a jaw dropper in person.
However, in any case, both the remake & the original Medieval are both awesome which have stood the test of time.

#8361 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Unfortunately I’ve never played a mint original. Examples I had were beat to shit on location.
Funny thing is I’ve been over many high end collectors homes over the years and just never got around to playing theirs. We spent more time on whatever pin they were on and just talking and drinking. Good times.

I have found over the years that most original B/W titles I’ve played, whether on location or at other friends houses, were either pretty beat up or in average condition. IMO when they are restored clear coated examples, these original titles play beautifully.
My cleared mint restored Indy plays so much faster & flawlessly than the original non restored IJ I first owned many years ago.

The MM Royal does offer a stunning package but it’s also the smoothness of the shots. A friend of mine owns a beautiful huo original MM but when playing my Royal, he preferred the feel of the remake. Not to mention, the mode hole seems to work so well.

In the end, it’s still pretty subjective and Medieval Madness is just an amazing pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JMK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=JMK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.