c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GCS2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3900 5 years ago

Looking anyone's best guess here unless you have hard facts which as far as I know no one does.

I am looking to pick up an MMR - IF CGC is to offer an upgrade to the XL display in the future do you guys think it would be made available to Standard and LE owners or just LE. I am guessing just the LE owners would have a crack at this not standard. Or could they possibly offer it to LE owners at a substantial discount but Standard owners would be full price ($500 or whatever the fee).

I know its all just conjecture at this point.

#3902 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Based on the way they handled the color chip, I would expect the kit or whatever they do to be available to both standard and le owners with the le owners getting a lower price

I can probably live with that, now to find a game!

11 months later
#5129 4 years ago

Oh man MMR Royal is exactly what we want at home but man what a terrible time for it. Double tuition coming up this year so no funds for this kind of purchase. I would need a $250 a month interest free finance deal to make this happen, LOL. The game looks awesome though, well done CGC!

3 years later
#9666 1 year ago

Maybe one day this game will come back to reality for now I will just keep reading this thread, lol.

Nice games and mods everyone.

#9686 1 year ago

All 3 are great games and crowd pleasers IMHO. I own MBR but would love to have an MMR. AFM is a fun game as well but I am not racing to own it.

1 week later
#9721 1 year ago

Sadly I think at best you are looking at 2024 and until someone gets one from the next in their actual hands it feels like wishful thinking to me.

I am very happy with my MBR and CCR from them but their communication and actual follow through leave something to be desired.

8 months later
#9904 3 months ago

Can someone confirm what I think I know about the differences between the LE remake and the Royal remake please?

Royal will have this over the LE
HD color upgrade (would really want)
XL display (would really want)
Sound upgrade
RGB back panel upgrade
RGB GI upgrade
KOP topper (would love but there are other options)
Powder coated armor (would just get Steve do this for me if I chose to go this route)

Is that correct?

All of the above items can be added to the LE version but only if you can find them (next to impossible I assume) - correct?

Thanks in advance for your help.

#9906 3 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

2 kits and the Topper could upgrade the LE, XL Display/upgraded sound and the RGB GI upgrade integration as you mentioned. LE is I believe different than the Royal, not Sparkle black. LE could be upgraded with the replacement color chip. You'd need the mirror blades as well.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness

If only those kits existed (and for their MSRP).

Thanks for that link as I found that earlier and just wanted to be sure I fully understood the differences.

#9908 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

The kit for RGB lighting did not include for pop bumpers.
LTG : )

so the LE has RGB pop bumpers but the RE does not?

#9910 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

The Royal has RGB pop bumper lights. All others have regular lights. The upgrade RGB kit does not include RGB lighting for pop bumpers. Though others have figured it out and there are posts in this thread on how to do it.

Ahh ok now I understand. Thanks for clarifying.

#9913 3 months ago

Anyone selling an MMR (prefer Royal, Special is ok as well or another model with Royal upgrades would be good too)

Please message me.

Thanks

#9914 3 months ago

Any reason to shy away from the original 2015 run remakes i.e. an MMRLE with color chip over the 2019 rerun other than of course if you can get a model with the the other upgrades (doesn't seem possible w/o BIG $$$)?

I only ask as I have seen a few random comments in various places saying that the 2015 models have issues, have bad audio and some other issues etc. Not sure that is really the case but just what I have read and would like some feedback from others.

Thanks

#9921 3 months ago

Just curious what was the retail of the Royal Edition when released

#9923 3 months ago
Quoted from evh347:

[quoted image]

Thx that is the sheet I was looking for but my google-fu was letting me down tonight

Still hoping to find one of these without having to pay 20k which I am never doing.

#9924 3 months ago

Assuming someone has the board and cables for the RGB upgrade kit (no topper or XL display though just the regular display with color chip) is there anything else I would need to install this on an MMRLE?

#9926 3 months ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Is that what the RE’s are selling for? I’m not currently looking to sell but can’t believe they’re actually selling for that price.

If you were selling I would be coming to your house since you are basically local, lol.

There are Royals posted for 20k on pinside doesn't mean they sell for that but I am not paying that either. There was an MMRLE updated to Royal level in Canada that is pending it was listed for 16,500 but not sure of the final sale price.

#9930 3 months ago

In preparation for getting my MMRLE I have a couple of questions about add ons please.

What plastic protector set does everyone use and what color looks best (just clear?)? It appears that none of include a protector for the missing center lane plastic which I do plan to get from PBL

Does anyone do a single headed light up dragon for the red one? Not interested in the blue one on the left even though it looks nice I feel like it covers up too much.

LED Troll eyes - pinwize still the best/only choice here? I don't have the patience or ability to drill mine out and do the LEDs.

Lit catapult - I read a lot of talk about this one is it the mod from Lermods or is it something else?

Lit moat - does MMR have a lit moat or is this an add on as well - seems cool

Thanks for your help

#9933 3 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Congratulations on your MM acquisition!
Plastic protectors:
Clear...
Pinball Life has plastic protectors in several colors. Caveat emptor: I found the colored plastics telegraph thru too much on the lower bumpers and inlanes and washout the vibrant colors of the plastics. So, I ended up getting 2 sets for the lower and upper playfield areas: 1 Clear (lower) and 1 purple (upper)
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0123-00
PL also has metal hole protectors
https://www.pinballlife.com/medieval-madness-hole-protector-set.html
Trolls:
Mod Couple is an option to Pinwize
Very Short story for me is: I went with the spot light barrels from the Mod Couple. They add some lighting to the playfield in their always-on state, and "spotlight" the trolls when they pop-up. Add some high-end red model paint to the eyes and bam!
https://themodcouplepinball.com/products/medieval-madness-new-barrel-lights-and-flickering-torches-mod-kit
**Mod couple also has a custom paint options for the castle AND trolls, check out their website...
Moat lights: Haven't found a suitable solution. The MMrLE moat is dark green. Lighting this up turns the castle front green (too much IMHO)
Merlin mod - highly recommend
Trough lighting as well...
Check out Lermods for the Merlin mod, trough, and back cabinet lighting:
https://lermods.com/collections/medieval-madness-remake
The LE's have a robust dual application of clear coating, and it shows - or, rather doesn't!
I agree with the "Less is more" for MM comments. And, contrary to the mods listed above, I still feel that's where I am currently with my MMrLE.
Enjoy your MM! There's a reason it's the pin that gets played often in our collection: It's a blast!

Thanks Will!

My game has the Merlin mod already which is nice.

Always do trough lights usually from Lermods as I think they really help the game.

Troll LED eyes I think are a must for me and I am chatting with pinwize about options.

Dragon - probably doing this too as I think it looks really good, just a matter of which one. She ain't cheap though, lol.

Moat - probably will leave alone

Catapult lighting - will keep looking into an easy way to add this

"The LE's have a robust dual application of clear coating, and it shows - or, rather doesn't!"

Not sure what you mean by this but hoping its a good thing.

Appreciate the comments.

#9936 3 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Looking for an XL display option. Scoured this thread and OEM parts distributors to no avail. So, I'm just going to ask:
Are there any options to upgrade my current MMrLE to a larger screen & speaker w/lights - OEM or aftermarket?
My pin: MMrLE w/HD "color upgraded chip", KOP Topper (w/RGB PCB)
Running up to date software and firmware

If you get any leads and they have more than please share as I am looking for all the upgrades myself.

#9941 3 months ago

Wish I could afford will just have to stick to my LE I am getting.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/171195

#9943 3 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Both toppers and the XL display should be available again at some point.

If they ever finish CCR and PF and whatever else you they choose to throw in before living up to their promise 2+ years ago.

Maybe by 2026 or 2027.

#9945 3 months ago

Considering having my castle painted. Is there a video or instructions on how to remove the castle pieces (the towers, walls etc) not any mechs or drawbridges just the plastic.

And if I am getting protectors should I get the full Cliffy set AND the full Mantis set - are there any overlaps in the kits (seems like it but I could be wrong)?

Thanks

#9959 3 months ago

Lermods

Which undercab light kit would I need for an MMRLE?

Thanks

#9961 3 months ago

Any other suggestions for a topper out there? Not getting the KOP one as I am not paying 2k for it.

Not really wild about the modfather one, the laseriffic one either. Not sure if anybody else has any creative alternatives.

Thx

#9964 3 months ago

My only comment would be what good is the topper board and cables without the topper? Can it even be used in another capacity?

And I am not trying to risk messing up my game either someone else can be the test subject just trying to understand it is all.

#9967 3 months ago
Quoted from CurtisC:

That's why i would like a schematic. along the lines of 3-14 in the CCr manual.

control boards are just that, they control stuff. using the outputs, it's possible to control similar leds with whatever the factory programing is.

Well I would be interested in your results as it could open the door for others to use different toppers (like you mentioned) since the official one is unobtanium except for big big money.

#9969 3 months ago

Asking this again for an MMRLE if I am getting protectors should I get the full Cliffy set AND the full Mantis set - are there any overlaps in the kits (seems like it but I could be wrong)?

And a MMRLE did not come with any factory protectors did it?

Thanks

#9971 3 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It did not.
I have the full cliffy and added the mantis castle lock and Merlin. You can mix and match but not sure what else mantis makes

Mantis

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9973 88 days ago

Talk to me MMRLE owners.

I am picking up my game this weekend and my Hyundai Santa Fe has just under 32" of clearance in the opening (plenty more once inside) once I remove the rubber mat.

What is the height of this game with the head folded down - am I going to make it?

Please know I was unable to transport a GZ Pre in this car it had to hang out the back end for the 80 minute ride home.

I also have to get a JJTPOTC in it for the trip down but based on measurements it should fit but will be tight (I think 1/2" clearance). Won't know for sure until I attempt to load it up (dreading this due to sheer weight).

#9977 88 days ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Given the cost of these machines, I would just rent a truck or SUV for the trip. Small amount of money for peace of mind and easier loading/unloading.

Have a truck, no cap and not wiling to

Quoted from WillM:

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines
Based on your previous experience, I'd have some reservations.
Based on flat, legs off...
Widest point is 28" 3/4, tallest: 29" 3/4, longest: 53"
Topper doesn't make it longer, I simply wasn't going to remove for photo
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks

Based on those dimensions there is clearance and MMR will fit for sure. Length and width are not an issue for this car only the height and that is 31 1/2" and maybe a touch more.

Seems like POTC will be the tighter fit of the 2. Nothing can be underneath the game to help it slide easier as I need all the space I can get.

And yeah WPC games (even remakes) always have that translite fall out on lift up. Drives me nuts. I usually shrink wrap the head one or two wraps before lowering and full wrapping the game.

Appreciate the pics and dimensions.

#9978 88 days ago

Also have to wonder if there is a forthcoming MMR rerun announcement about to hit since CGC has officially started shipping PF (announced on FB today).

Just hope they make the upgrade kits again since I am going forward with this MMRLE deal.

#9981 88 days ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

They did say they would do another run of MMR just behind schedule.

Yep just a weee bit.

Question is what promise will they give now that they don't meet? That's always they concern with CGC. You will get a good well built game but no idea when you will get it.

#9984 85 days ago

Well after 12 hours on the road much of it in the rain the game I never thought I would own is finally home.

Got a few games in before tearing into it for some troll eyes which I will finish tomorrow. Happy she is here and look forward to many long evenings together haha.

IMG_8562 (resized).jpegIMG_8562 (resized).jpeg
#9987 85 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Nice indeed!
Curious to know more about the lighting in front of the main turret - I like it! What is it?

I assume you mean the barrel light in the upper right area?

That's just a spotlight with a barrel cover on it. I cannot take credit for that as it came from another pinsider @mrsiyufy. Excellent person who has been a tremendous help to me on many levels.

The lights on the sides are DIY pinstadiums which I am not 100% sold on them just yet. I may switch out to the real neos which are lot smaller. These do work fairly well though.

#9989 85 days ago

Didn't notice that tbh. Will look it over when I get home tonight as I have not done anything to the game other than install my Trolls.

I just have to figure out where to connect the LEDs for them.

#9993 84 days ago

The CPR mirrored backglass - read some comments about it not fitting in the game.

Do I need to order new glass channel all around to get it to fit?

#9994 83 days ago

Can anyone tell me where to find the 12v flasher for the trolls? I need to hook up my new led trolls and that is where I am told they should go but I have no idea where that is tbh.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it

#9997 83 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I’ve heard they don’t fit the stock channels. I’d just order new channels with it.

Thanks.

Just order the channels for the game itself or do I need bigger ones as suggested above?

#10000 82 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Not the barrel. The castle seems to be lit just beyond the gate, in front of the main / center tower.
I'm not a fan of Pin stadiums but, that's just, like, my, opinion, man.
[quoted image]

As promised even though I am a few days late it appears to be a led strip connected to a GI bulb. It almost looks like a Lermods trough light to me.

IMG_8566 (resized).jpegIMG_8566 (resized).jpeg
#10002 80 days ago

Fired up MMR tonight and none of my coils will fire. Can’t seem to see what’s wrong.

I disconnected and reconnected all connectors that are not glued to the boards.

Where should I look next?

Game worked fine last night.

#10004 80 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

High power interlock switch wired right ? With coin door open pull it out, do they work then ?
Metal box over the on/off switch with plastic cover, pull and check fuses in there with a meter.

Fuses appear albeit they all look different than I am used to as they all have like a little bubble in the middle of each of them. Almost like a blob of solder. But all fuses look that way on the solenoid boards and the box over the switch so I assume that is correct

Ok so pulling the interlock switch the coils fire. If the coin door is closed they will not. Haven’t seen that before

#10005 80 days ago

Ok Nevermind somehow the coin door bracket to push the switch got bent too far. Had no idea.

#10008 73 days ago

Not CGC but it’s something at least lol.

Here is the topper so far. I need to decorate it a tad more but not sure how I want to do it.

Video may or may not show that the lights on the flames flicker some. Not a lot but it’s there.

IMG_8635 (resized).jpegIMG_8635 (resized).jpegIMG_8637 (resized).jpegIMG_8637 (resized).jpegIMG_8638 (resized).jpegIMG_8638 (resized).jpeg
#10010 72 days ago

Is there a special trick/option to reset the game? Meaning when a guest starts up a 4P game plays 2 balls and walks away you can reset/restart the game without turning it off and back on

#10027 69 days ago

Ok so I am striking out trying to install my new CPR mirrored BG. Stock channels are absolutely not going to work.

What should I order for this?

#10029 69 days ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

System 11 glass trim is what I've used. Still a tight fit, but it works.
https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=system%2011%20trim

That's what I ordered from PBL about a week ago and that is even tighter unfortunately. It also is smaller and doesn't cover the "clear" edges of the backglass so some that is still exposed.

#10033 69 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

As my quest for an XL LCD and speaker lights combo drags on, I came across this from Stumblor:
https://stumblorpinball.com/en-us/products/hd-pin2dmd
Only original MM is listed, but they claim the product is identical to "The CGC remakes"
Can anyone confirm compatibility with MMrLE
Note: my current setup is w/color chip/files. I do NOT have the RGB lighting.

Reach out to Davey stumblor directly I am sure he can answer all questions. Not sure if the hardware is present in a remake.

I too would like the XL display but not sure I care for the pin2DMD version (no offense to those who came up with it) it doesn't look the same as the CGC one (just my opinion).

2 weeks later
#10085 52 days ago
Quoted from junkyard:

Has anyone changed their 3.5 inch speakers? Mine are Pyle and the voices are hard to hear. Every search I’ve done talks about 5 1/4 inch speakers and the kit on markos is 4 inch.
Thinking these…. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113X3C/Kenwood-Excelon-KFC-X3C.html
They are 4 ohm with 120 watt max like the pyles.

I changed mine to some alpines recommended in the DIY audio thread. They are 5 1/4” as I only have the standard size display. If you have the XL display you need 4” speakers and I don’t have a recommendation for those.

#10100 47 days ago

Got posted by Thorn-in-pinball in the OG MM thread but should be here

We are gauging interest in MMR RGB kits and XL Display kits. XL display kits will be available for all models with the small display. feel free to email [email protected] to get on a list. We are ordering parts now and since these have not been offered in quite some time, we want to make sure all who want them can get them.

#10107 45 days ago

I emailed right after he posted and no reply. Not surprised either

3 weeks later
#10161 18 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Greetings
Assuming one has a topper w/PCB AND the XL Display - all in good working order - how does same individual acquire/ obtain/ enable RGB lighting?

You have to have the RGB kit AFAIK.

There were 3 upgrade kits offered before

Topper
XL Display with sound upgrade
RGB lighting

#10163 18 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Ok, so what is the next thing/item needed to get to RGB lighting for my MMrLE?

Yes and like the other two kits no longer offered. If you believe the CGC rumor mill they will make more - of course it might be 2028 before they ever show up again but maybe they will prove me wrong.

2 weeks later
#10203 1 hour ago

Flyland in my mind but I’m a big fan of his

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GCS2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=GCS2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.