c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drewblood419.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#207 8 years ago
#212 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Yeah no way is that happening

Actually just bought a spot for a black le yesterday for $8300 from a guy that was tired of the "it's shipping in two weeks" story (he's got 3 of those emails) he called me and said he had decided to cash out and go a diffrent route after all the stress of being paid in full for almost 2 years. He also really wants a IJ so I told him I would do my best to help him find a nice one, honestly that's the least I could do for him for hooking me up with his spot. Now I'm super excited that a MMR black is heading my way (eventually lol)

#214 8 years ago

Man those spots look great!!!

1 week later
#236 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

As I have only ever played a few different OG MMs a few times before, I'm curious if a few of the quirks that are sometimes happening with my MMR happened with the original as well.
Things like:
- Balls getting knocked around the playfield, often hitting the glass, during Troll Multi-ball.
- Multiple balls getting stuck in catapult with difficulty getting launched out.
- Multiple balls(usually 2+) getting stuck/hung up at pops exit area causing a "traffic jam".
Obviously multi-ball is a very chaotic event and things go crazy. The most annoying one of the above is the catapult. The traffic jam in the pops only happens once in a rare while. The balls getting launched around, especially into the glass by popping trolls is disconcerting to say the least, but that's pinball.
If there's some kind of fix for the catapult that would be nice. Not sure if upping the coil strength is the answer as on single ball it seems a bit too strong if I go much higher from default.
But mostly I was just wondering if the original exhibited the same sort of things.

Might want to read over this thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-catapult-problem

2 weeks later
#242 8 years ago

Me three..... At least for now I can watch the color file on YouTube, play MM on pinball arcade and stare at the blank spot in my lineup lol

1 month later
#392 8 years ago

Anyone who has received their MMR LE recently should read through this thread and check to see if your playfield is affected by this issue.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-need-some-help/page/3

1 month later
#412 8 years ago

I've had it happen a few times they have made their way out OK

#430 8 years ago

Has anyone installed the lit troll eyes on MMR? If so what is the best way to do it? Also I'm thinking of connecting a 12v light strip to the flashers on the back panel to trigger a lightning effect but I need to make sure the flasher boards are in fact 12v when I get home tonight. Has anyone done this as well?

#433 8 years ago

Do they remain on even when the trolls are down?

#440 8 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Troll eyes connect to solenoid and only come on when trolls are up

Did you have to wire a resistor or just directly to the solenoid?

#441 8 years ago

Only mods I have right now are the sword flippers from hooked and this sweet custom display panel decal

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#451 8 years ago

tonight I wired a blue led strip above the back panel and tied it into the flasher it makes the Lightning effect way better

#453 8 years ago

Nope never got a new PF, just waiting on the diffusers like everyone else......

#455 8 years ago

There is a lip above the back panel it has a gap in the middle I just hot glued it on both ends and it holds really well I'll try to post a pic when I get home tonight

#466 8 years ago

I didn't want to fool with replacing the whole panel so my buddy and I made a decal for the blank spot on the MMR panel. It came out great

#476 8 years ago

Last night I made my own color changing merlin mod for MMR I used a $9 Merlin figure from eBay, a crystal ball from LOTR, and a disassembled 555 color change led it looks awesome. Here is a video of it and some of the other mods I have on my MMR

#478 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Wow looks OK .......so that is the same playfield that you said multiple times that you would not accept anything but a total replacement for ???
It's such an INCREDIBLE turn around that you are now so happy that they will send you some diffusers instead and that we should all also be happy with that.
Yep....I seem to be not letting that slide...something doesn't stack up and I'm a man who must see balance.

You seriously need to let it go, your obsession with my PF is boarder line unhealthy.... Yes it is the same PF that came in my machine, yes I am waiting on the diffusers to see if they help and if not then I resume the dialogue with CGC on the subject. No, I have not received any "freebie" from any company wether it be CGC PPS or Stern. What I have got a lot of is enjoyment out of my machine. I feel sorry for you that you can't focus on how lucky you are to be able to afford a great game for your home and would rather act like a whiney brat using your "assumptions" and I stress the word "assumptions" as grounds to come on here and act like a child crying "he got somthing I didn't" when in reality you know absolutely nothing more than what you have convinced your self is the truth. If you are so unhappy with your MMR or with CGC than just sell your MMR, be done with it at least then you will just STFU about it. Or here's a thought go play the game and be thankful that you are fortunate enough to even own a pinball machine. But sadly I have a feeling that you will just continue acting like a tool and crying about your assumptions VS reality......

#481 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

Hey drewblood, on your flipper bat swords did you use a diifernt adhesive to stick them on or just installed it using what came on it? Just was wondering as I've heard some others have used a different 3m double sided tape to make sure they don't fall off.

Originally I used the adhesive that came on them but after I'd say about 20 games one came flying off so I went to the auto parts shop and bought that 3M automotive mounting tape that was mentioned in one of the threads. so far it is working great and it is flexible enough to absorb impact (which super glue won't do lol) I would recommend just using the mounting tape from the get go

#484 8 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Would you be willing to make that Merlin Mod for me? I am so bad at this kind of thing....Of course I will pay your fair asking price LOL.

I could if you want to source the parts. It's really not bad the worst part is widening the hole in the LOTR ball to fit the slow fade led I used. Shoot me a PM and we can figure it out

#487 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Hmmm....did you note that in my post I was not in any way rude to you?
This will be my last word on the matter and I will move on but first in reply to the above I must stress that it was you who started a whole thread full of many complaints about the insert issue and MANY times you stressed that you would not be happy with anything but a playfield replacement.
I feel that you personally greatly inflamed the issue and stirred many people up to complain about it and submit tickets, including myself.
I am not letting the issue impact on my enjoyment of my machine and never stated that I was, I do very much enjoy my game and am very grateful. But I do feel that we should be compensated and I don't really think the diffusers will be sufficient. I think it will still be not as good as the darker print, perhaps giving the color upgrade for free to those affected would be a good move or something more than just a partial fix. It is not just me thinking that you got something that I didn't that annoys me (I did think that as did others, I accept now that you state you didn't) it's also the fact that you changed what compensation or correction you would find acceptable so dramatically and seem to feel that others should now also fall into line and be accepting of the diffusers if they improve the issue. I feel that you in a way made yourself the spokesperson for this issue and I suppose I now feel disappointed that you don't seem to want to fight for what I would consider a fairer compensation than just getting diffusers.

The problem is is that you and the others that assumed I got something because of changing my demeanor, Never fully understanding why I changed my demeanor about the situation. I had a good conversation with Doug at the time and I felt like he was taking the necessary steps to address the issue how he saw fit for his company. at no point did I ever think that the diffusers would be the be-all end-all fix. Look at Keith's posting from today on the PPS forum, which mirrors how I felt after speaking with CGC. I did however think it would help progress the situation forward constructively. I wanted to let Doug have the opportunity to do what he felt best for his company and make the announcement about the diffusers when he was ready to do so, that was not my job. If I feel the diffusers don't work then I just rehash the line of communication with CGC. Sure I would love to see the color upgrade given free to LE customers not only because of the insert debacle and the sling chop issue for some but also for the 2+ year wait and the fact of it being included originally then removed and improved. Ultimately it's up to them to do whatever it is they are going to do. It's not up to me. I will say insert issue aside this machine is great, I have been having a blast playing it

Quoted from Rat:

But I do feel that we should be compensated and I don't really think the diffusers will be sufficient. I think it will still be not as good as the darker print, perhaps giving the color upgrade for free to those affected would be a good move or something more than just a partial fix

If this is how you feel then you need to write it on your CGC ticket or in an email or call to Doug rather than on an online forum directed to me....

#492 8 years ago

Before my friend made the decal I have on my machine, my plan was to take a hi-res picture/scan of the bottom of the front of my MMR cab then resize the image, bring it to a local sign shop(where he had the current decal printed) and have one made up. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#506 8 years ago

So I just got home from work and checked the mail. Looks like the diffuser kit for my MMR just showed up. The diffuser is a large sheet of styrene plastic and a few smaller pieces(for the smaller led boards) and it looks like you install it in between the PF and the main board(and smaller led boards) using existing screws and holes. I have my daughter tonight so I won't be able to install it until tomorrow after work (or maybe tonight after she goes to sleep) but here are a few pics in the meantime.

#508 8 years ago

I'm actually glad that it is one big piece for the underside of the big board instead of individual pieces for each insert that could potentially fall out. I don't think it will be too terribly hard to install it. as soon as I get a chance to to install them I will post some pics of the process

2 weeks later
#574 8 years ago

I did notice if you click on MMR on the CGC page it takes you to the MMR main page then if you look to the left hand menu bar on the MMR page there is a button for "files area" but when you click it it asks for a user name and password I wonder if this is where the non color code update will be hosted

#577 8 years ago

There was a beta code out there but I think the link is dead now at CGC's request

#579 8 years ago

3 weeks later
#611 7 years ago

1 week later
#650 7 years ago

1 year later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drewblood419.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=Drewblood419 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.