speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeeGor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 8 years ago

I was under the impression the LEs were all sold out. I see pinballsales.com is still selling them on their website.

#76 8 years ago

Gotcha

2 months later
#174 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Are MMrs coming off the line at Stern again? Does anyone know how many have been built yet? Curious how long Stern will be assembling these games...

I've seen recent LE numbers around 400. So at this rate they'll be finished with the LEs around this time next year.

6 months later
#567 8 years ago

I'd just settle for getting my MMR. This wait is pathetic.

1 month later
#638 7 years ago

So I was looking through the MMr rom image and stumbled upon a samples directory which contains all the sounds in the game. I was listening to a few of them, and found one referring to a "Moat Monster Multiball". Is this an actual mode in the game? I've never seen it before. If it is, how does one start it?

#641 7 years ago

Here are the sound clips I was referring to.

#644 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I wonder if this clip is specific the remake, maybe something that might be added later, possibly with the color upgrade or software update?

My guess is no. They didn't rewrite the code for the game. I found the mm_10 game rom in a directory. I'm assuming they're emulating the rom, and replace the sound calls with the wav files I found in the samples directory.

#647 7 years ago

I listened to all of the King of Payne tracks, and I'm pretty sure it's the same guy. If it isn't, they got a pretty good voice actor to mimic him. It may be a relic of a mode that was never implemented.

I know a few on here are friends with Brian Eddy. Maybe they could ask him to shed some light on it.

1 month later
#692 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Kits are being created now by CGC and as soon as PPS receives notification that they are on the way they will be available for purchase - we are not going to take pre-orders until we are confident that the kits are on their way - we will update everyone when that happens. CGC indicated that the kits would be completed in next week or two and PPS will post an update when that happens and enable kits to be purchased on the store.

Given CGC's track record, we'll probably see them in a month or two.

6 months later
#1080 7 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

but don't listen to unverified trash on this forum, we can't be trusted.

If you're so jaded with Pinside, why are you still here? There are other pinball related forums.

#1082 7 years ago

Cry me a river. You act like a two year old throwing tantrums left and right.

6 months later
#2131 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Noticed tonight that a few of the inserts are a bit raised, to the point where you can see the outline and if running your fingers across the pf, you can feel that they are slightly protruding.
Is this normal?

Mine is not like that at all. This is on the Medieval Madness remake?

2 weeks later
#2176 6 years ago

I went with orange titans on the flippers and purple on the slings. I really enjoy the way they play, and have them on all my pins.

20170813_100545 (resized).jpg20170813_100545 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2203 6 years ago

If I remember correctly, each insert is actually a collection of three surface mounted LEDs. If one of those happens to go out, the other two increase in intensity to make up for the failed LED.

1 month later
#2517 6 years ago

My callouts sound great.

2 months later
#2890 6 years ago

Both the censored and uncensored callouts are in the MMr firmware. The game rom is simply pointing at the censored callout. If you open the firmware and rename the uncensored sample S044E_C6.wav to S044D_C6.wav, it will enable the callout.

1 week later
#2951 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Anyone have thoughts on using a tooth pic to align the flippers on their MMr? My LE flippers are very slightly drooped and sometimes it seems a bit difficult to trap the ball.

Maybe use a paper clip. Toothpick could break off.

4 months later
#3387 5 years ago

Sounds like you need to purchase the color chip.

Graphics should look like this:

8 months later
#3814 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Hey Guys. Where can I buy mirror blades for MMRLE and is there a link to a topic that addresses lighting up the Playfield more that isn't pin stadium? Thanks!

https://cointaker.com/t/side-mirrow

I have some on mine, and they look great. They are prone to scratching though. I would recommend using some felt on parts of the playfield that con potentially rub against them. You could also pick up some of these to protect them when you need to lift the playfield. https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#3816 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

What about these? I sent an email requesting whether or not they would fit a remake. I believe it is these ones that say scratches can be buffed out?
http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

I don't have any experience with the PDI blades, but they would likely work as well. I imagine you could buff out scratches, but it may be a lot of work. Those blade protectors I recommended do a great job at preventing scratches.

8 months later
#4193 4 years ago

The display looks great. The RGB lighting not so much. Maybe it looks better in person.

3 months later
#5017 4 years ago
Quoted from ABT12:

Not a dumb question at all as this has been a point of contention ever since the first MMr's were produced. I think we all were hoping that upgrading the sound system to that which was used on AFMr LE and MBr LE would have resulted in at least some improvement of the speech being out-volumed by the fanfare, but alas it seems not. CGC knows what needs to be done to correct this. They are now selling $9000 and $10,000 versions of this game. Will this ever be resolved?

I fixed the volume on my call outs a few years back, and offered to either release custom firmware or release the tool so others could do it. I was immediately contacted by PPS and told I was not able to do this, as it violated their IP. I then offered the tool to them so they could do it themselves and was told their sound engineer was going to work on it. This was back on July 24th 2016. 3 1/2 years later it's still not fixed.

I'm not sure why this is so difficult.

5 months later
#6626 3 years ago

You can alter the firmware to enable profanity mode. It's just the one call-out though.

1 week later
#6720 3 years ago

You can increase the strength of the catapult coil to address this issue. You shouldn't have to increase it by much. Just go into the CGC settings menu and adjust it there.

3 weeks later
#7054 3 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

As I’ve seen others mention in earlier posts, the callout volume level is low. The music drowns out the callouts too much. This is not a problem with the MM machine at the arcade. While the music is good, the callouts are what separates MM from other pins with great layouts and rulesets.
So I’ve seen the complaint on this board, but never seen a resolution. Is there one?

Yes, there is one, but for some strange reason CGC/PPS refuses to fix it or allow others to release a fix for it.

2 months later
#7744 3 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

CGC has said this will be the only run of the Royals, so if they finished this run then they are. They could always create more add-ons in the future and have another edition that they make.

The King of Payne edition which comes with brass armor and a real hawk.

3 months later
#8243 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterTinkerer:

Got my machine! MUST replace this glass!!! Guess I’m already spoiled by the invisiglass in my BK:SoR.
Question - what’s the best source?
I see it for $300 on Jersey Jack... standard glass or wide body?
Anyone have success with a particular vendor?

I've bought a few sheets of invisiglass from cointaker and they were great.

https://cointaker.com/t/voodoo-glass

#8259 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Leaving the club. Sold my MMR SE. I guess I fall in the “i don’t get the appeal” group. Being number one lends itself to high expectations. I guess since I didn’t grow up with this theme...

Sometimes a game just doesn't click with you. I felt the same way about Jurassic Park. People gush over that game, but I didn't care for it at all.

#8263 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Sometimes you need to give the games a good chance too. I did not like MMr when we originally purchased it. I love it now, took a good year or so. Same with Jurassic Park. We have had the game for over a year, my wife loves it and I am only starting to warm up to the game now.

I gave it about 6 months, which I felt was a good amount of time to get to know a machine. Just wasn't for me.

5 months later
#8642 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Quick question. (Please help)
I’ve got an MMR (gold) and I want to install the color chip. I just recently got the color chip, but I’ve never upgraded the code since I received the machine when it 1st came out (low100’s w/gold trim). I did re-adjust the sling mechs from hitting the playfield wood.
Do I need to update the code b/f I install the color chip and where do I get that code update? Thanks in advance for any help or links.

No need to update firmware unless you plan on adding one of the Royal upgrades.

#8644 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

There was one update before the Royal, I remember doing, but don’t recall what was included.
However the color chip should just be a plug n play swap with the stock, under the playfield

I believe that update was to support the newer beaglebone boards.

7 months later
#9107 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Joined the club completely out of nowhere![quoted image]
Is it just me or this thing heavier than average!?

Congrats on the game.

I just moved MMr back into my basement, and it's fairly average for a B/W game. Sterns tend to be fairly light, while JJP machines are ridiculously heavy, especially The Hobbit.

9 months later
#9559 1 year ago

You could try telescoping magnet if you have one. The hard part is seeing where the screw ended up. Maybe take your phone and put it in video mode, and try to see where it is.

7 months later
#9833 8 months ago

I'm not a fan of the RGB lighting either. I like the classic look. The RGB lighting just color bombs the playfield and washes everything out.

1 month later
#9852 7 months ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

Just joined the club. Machine will be here Tuesday. Standard with Royal upgrades. What else do I need to consider getting for this?

I'm a big fan of these flipper mods.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p74/Medieval-Madness-Sword-Flippers-Pinball-Mod.html#/

4 months later
#10028 69 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Ok so I am striking out trying to install my new CPR mirrored BG. Stock channels are absolutely not going to work.
What should I order for this?

System 11 glass trim is what I've used. Still a tight fit, but it works.

https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=system%2011%20trim

#10031 69 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

That's what I ordered from PBL about a week ago and that is even tighter unfortunately. It also is smaller and doesn't cover the "clear" edges of the backglass so some that is still exposed.

That's strange. I used these for my Addams Family backglass. It was tight for sure, but the original trim was never going to fit. As for the trim being small, you can order the top trim for the sides and cut to size.

Are you able to measure the thickness of the backglass? I can compare with mine.

2 weeks later
#10087 52 days ago
Quoted from junkyard:

That’s where I’m confused, I do have the xl display, my speakers are the same size as my CCr and measure and are labeled as 3.5”. Will the 4” be to big? I know you don’t have the answers but am hoping someone does. Or I guess in a day or two I’ll just have to order the ones I listed and test them out.

Better speakers may help marginally, but the issue is in software. If you compare the callout sound files with all the other sounds, they are drastically lower in volume. I've modified my own firmware to increase the gain on these callouts and it's much better.

#10098 47 days ago
Quoted from junkyard:

So I was rebuilding my flippers today. And I saw this chip on The bottom of the playfield. I remembered I have a similar one in the coin box. when I originally got the game a couple weeks ago I figured it was from the xl display install. But now seeing the Bally sticker on the installed one and some other googling I’m not so sure. What could it be for? Is there anyway to know? Possibly RGB gi? I don’t have any of the other stuff though. I’m mostly just curious.
I also found this wire in the box, any ideas? Maybe just felt over from some mod.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The chip you have installed enables the improved colored dots on the display. The chip in the coin box is likely the one that came with the machine. It's not needed.

#10104 45 days ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Care to share…this software?

Sent a pm

4 weeks later
#10157 18 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Thank You
I probably dont need to hear more people say F you anyway.

It's only a single callout. You can enable it with custom firmware.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.99
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeeGor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=DeeGor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.