c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 205.
#4901 4 years ago

Perhaps they are reworking the area with protectors to stop the bad chipping and wear.
Hope my cliffys still fit.

#4902 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Latest info I got is that the ‘parts’ that are holding up the delivery of the newer MMr editions are related to the reworking of the gate/drawbridge mechanism. I did not get specifics as to why. They are still ‘two weeks out’ from shipping. Same timeline predicted...SE’s and the CE’s...then the Royal editions ship.
Until I hear of anybody getting final invoiced, I’m not believing anything CGC says anymore about expected shipping.
I mean come on already...how about releasing some official communication rather than leaving your distributors to field concerns from buyers with deposits in for over a year? If you’re going to keep moving the goal posts month after month, at least be upfront with your customers please. Yeah, I got it...Pinball is hard.

For whatever it is worth, this is exactly what I was told by my distributor as well. One might think that issues with the gate were resolved 20 years earlier

#4903 4 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

One might think that issues with the gate were resolved 20 years earlier

No. Once production was started, that was it. Williams made 13% more for spare parts and on to the next game.

Chicago Gaming tries to do the best for their customers that they can. They have learned that building exact to Williams specs, isn't always best.

LTG : )

#4904 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Latest info I got is that the ‘parts’ that are holding up the delivery of the newer MMr editions are related to the reworking of the gate/drawbridge mechanism. I did not get specifics as to why. They are still ‘two weeks out’ from shipping. Same timeline predicted...SE’s and the CE’s...then the Royal editions ship.
Until I hear of anybody getting final invoiced, I’m not believing anything CGC says anymore about expected shipping.
I mean come on already...how about releasing some official communication rather than leaving your distributors to field concerns from buyers with deposits in for over a year? If you’re going to keep moving the goal posts month after month, at least be upfront with your customers please. Yeah, I got it...Pinball is hard.

Have deposits been over a year? I put one down, however, didn't think it was that long....I believe I did it the day it was announced.

#4905 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Totally agree, but CGC has done this for all their games...they are typically 2-3 months behind....its always something i.e parts, play field, etc....I would just be cautious about making final payment until your game is actually ready to ship.

#4906 4 years ago

It was announced just before Expo so October.

#4907 4 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

How many people sold their original for a mmr? And are you happy with the way the mmr plays compared to the original? I got a original mm and am on fence about getting a new mmr re or se.. I think now with the bigger screen, improved graphics and sound plus the interactive GI lightning and topper it might be worth to sell a nice original for a mmr? What your guys thoughts?

Not MMR but MBR I did and I haven't looked back. I have an original MMR LE, AFMR LE and MBR LE and they are the most reliable games I have.

Neil.

#4908 4 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Have deposits been over a year? I put one down, however, didn't think it was that long....I believe I did it the day it was announced.

So I put down a deposit with my distributor for getting one from the next run of MMr last year in February. After the announcement I upgraded my deposit to be for an RE, but I still put down my initial deposit almost a year ago.

#4909 4 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

So I put down a deposit with my distributor for getting one from the next run of MMr last year in February. After the announcement I upgraded my deposit to be for an RE, but I still put down my initial deposit almost a year ago.

Right but in February it wasn’t even official that more were being made. :p So you put down a deposit on a maybe.

#4910 4 years ago

Is there any way to clear the Earnings audit. I searched around and everything says "No", but I didnt know if there is a secret way to do it. I bought a used game and thought, What is someone, bought a used MMR and then wanted to put it on location and start fresh with its earnings total. Just curious.

#4911 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Right but in February it wasn’t even official that more were being made. :p So you put down a deposit on a maybe.

My distributor (and many were) taking deposits for a MMr 2019 run over a year ago. Distributors were taking deposits on machines based on their expected allocation. The fact that CGC changed course and decided to align the machine to the other remakes doesn’t change when we had deposits in. The understanding we had was, I want a MMr regardless, but IF they came up with something updated, then I would want to be in line for that.

Now if I paid a deposit for Keith Elwin BTTF trilogy tomorrow, that would be putting a deposit on a MAYBE.

#4912 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

My distributor (and many were) taking deposits for a MMr 2019 run over a year ago. Distributors were taking deposits on machines based on their expected allocation. The fact that CGC changed course and decided to align the machine to the other remakes doesn’t change when we had deposits in. The understanding we had was, I want a MMr regardless, but IF they came up with something updated, then I would want to be in line for that.
Now if I paid a deposit for Keith Elwin BTTF trilogy tomorrow, that would be putting a deposit on a MAYBE.

Fair enough.

#4913 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Is there any way to clear the Earnings audit.

Page 1-13 in the manual. Utilities - U.1, U.2, U.3, or U.8

#4914 4 years ago

MMRRE coming soon !!!
Looking forward to it

#4915 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

MMRRE coming soon !!!
Looking forward to it

Did you get an update? Thanks

#4916 4 years ago

I emailed my distro over the weekend for a status, response was that they had no updates to share, but would reach out when they did. Last update I got was back in Oct when they took deposit and said games would be ready in January.

#4917 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 1-13 in the manual. Utilities - U.1, U.2, U.3, or U.8

I tried all of those and nothing clears the earning audit.

#4918 4 years ago

Just got email from my distributor that my MMR SE has arrived!!!!!!!

#4919 4 years ago

Great news let us know how awesome it is when you get it!!!

#4920 4 years ago

Exciting news! Hope to hear from my distributor soon. I have had my deposit in for some time now. Ever since I got into the hobby over 10 years ago I always wanted a MM just never thought I would. After AFM came out with the large screen I thought they would do it for MM, so I waited. Sure enough here it is. So excited!

#4921 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballPam:

Just got email from my distributor that my MMR SE has arrived!!!!!!!

Wow! This is DAMN good news if I may say so myself!!! Just made my day!

Last week my distro was told mid-Feb for RE and I am starting to believe it may be true!

#4922 4 years ago

Aaaaand......my distributor emailed me prematurely. He DID receive his shipment of classics. Called CGC—SE is still a couple weeks out, per his convo with them.

Sorry for undue confusion. ☹️ Congrats to anyone waiting for a Classic!

#4923 4 years ago

Someone trade me their MMR original for my very nice Indy Jones. I have lots of trade offers but I want an MMR

#4924 4 years ago

To set ppl's minds at ease with proof.

Just accepted my MMr CE 2019 (Standard).

Born date Jan 22, 2020.

IMG_2815 (resized).jpgIMG_2815 (resized).jpg
#4925 4 years ago
Quoted from ReplicaX:

Born date Jan 22, 2020.[quoted image]

Just a pic of the tag?!?

Congratulations!

#4926 4 years ago
Quoted from ReplicaX:

Born date Jan 22, 2020.

interesting. On the CGC page the model numbers of the new editions are listed with 13000. The first remakes also had 11000 no. range.

#4927 4 years ago

I'm picking mine up saturday.

#4928 4 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

interesting. On the CGC page the model numbers of the new editions are listed with 13000. The first remakes also had 11000 no. range.

I believe the website with the price/model sheet is a typo, as #13000 models are actually MBr.

Original 2016 MMr Models:

11000 Medieval Madness Remake - Standard Edition
11000-LE Medieval Madness Remake - Limited Edition

Per the Warranty Card that came with my machine for the 2019 MMr Models:
11000-CE Medieval Madness Remake - Classic Edition
11000-SE Medieval Madness Remake - Special Edition
11000-RE Medieval Madness Remake - Royal Edition
12000-CE Attack from Mars Remake – Classic Edition
12000-SE Attack from Mars Remake – Special Edition
12000-LE Attack from Mars Remake – Limited Edition
13000-CE Monster Bash Remake – Classic Edition
13000-SE Monster Bash Remake – Special Edition
13000-LE Monster Bash Remake – Limited Edition

It is odd they didn't toss the CE on the tag though.

Machine also came loaded with Version 3.0 Beta 1, Build: 1/15/20 for those wondering.
MMR menu has options for the GI RGB, Speaker LEDs, Topper, etc.

#4929 4 years ago

Just about to set up.
Not to brag but mine is apparently from the future!

IMG_20200201_171114 (resized).jpgIMG_20200201_171114 (resized).jpg
#4930 4 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

Just about to set up.
Not to brag but mine is apparently from the future!

Too funny.

I wonder if you have to wait until then to open it ?

#4931 4 years ago

Might be getting mine this week. So excited.

#4932 4 years ago

I just picked up a MMrLE. So happy to finally have this machine. Great fun!! My question to you guys... the original owner did not purchase the color chip for it. Do you guys see any way that I can get the chip at the discounted LE cost or am I going to have to pony up the full amount for it?

#4933 4 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

Do you guys see any way that I can get the chip at the discounted LE cost or am I going to have to pony up the full amount for it?

No idea.

Please contact http://www.planetarypinball.com/ about that.

Thank you.

#4934 4 years ago

Things I noticed
One screw missing in blackbox lock plate
Day one mylar surrounding troll mechs.

#4935 4 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

One screw missing in blackbox lock plate

May have wiggled loose in transit. If not in packing materials or in the cardboard somewhere. Please open a ticket under Support - Help Desk.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/

Thank you,
Lloyd

#4936 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

May have wiggled loose in transit. If not in packing materials or in the cardboard somewhere. Please open a ticket under Support - Help Desk.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/
Thank you,
Lloyd

Oh it's not worth anyone's hassle. I got a spare kicking around.
Thanks for being awesome though!

#4937 4 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

I just picked up a MMrLE. So happy to finally have this machine. Great fun!! My question to you guys... the original owner did not purchase the color chip for it. Do you guys see any way that I can get the chip at the discounted LE cost or am I going to have to pony up the full amount for it?

If they won't do it i would ask the original owner to buy the chip for you....

#4938 4 years ago

It's nice to see guys are starting to get their machines. I am assuming that only the CE is shipping now and it will still be some time before I can expect my SE. Getting excited.

#4939 4 years ago

I've played 6 games so far.
I am getting error f2 right flipper button and f8 upper left flipper button.
Is this a bug? Game works fine also no upper flipper on this game.

#4940 4 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

I am getting error f2 right flipper button and f8 upper left flipper button.
Is this a bug? Game works fine also no upper flipper on this game.

The opto interrupter isn't clear both optos right. There are two optos on each flipper button opto boards. One for lower flipper, one for lane changes, initials, etc.

Tweak them a bit, check in Tests - Switch Edge - to be sure all are working. You might need to bend the plastic interrupter a bit. Or put a tiny screw in the end of the flipper button where it contacts the interrupter.

Please let me know if you need more help.

#4941 4 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

It's nice to see guys are starting to get their machines. I am assuming that only the CE is shipping now and it will still be some time before I can expect my SE. Getting excited.

Mine is an SE and I think coming this week.

#4942 4 years ago

I've had zero issues so far with my CE and have started to add a few things.
- Color Upgrade
- Mantis castle protector
- Cliffy's Catapult protector
- CometPinball blue frosted LED strips for back-panel illumination

First Day setup with the Color Upgrade installed.
MMR (resized).jpgMMR (resized).jpg

Pulled +/- from GI2 and crimped new pins to make it clean and strung through the loom. Pot located in the backbox to adjust back-panel brightness.
MMR_GI2_tap (resized).jpgMMR_GI2_tap (resized).jpg

Result so far.
MMR_BB_Underlighting (resized).jpgMMR_BB_Underlighting (resized).jpg

Glad to see others are starting to arrive.

#4943 4 years ago
Quoted from ReplicaX:

I've had zero issues so far with my CE and have started to add a few things.
- Color Upgrade
- Mantis castle protector
- Cliffy's Catapult protector
- CometPinball blue frosted LED strips for back-panel illumination
First Day setup with the Color Upgrade installed.
[quoted image]
Pulled +/- from GI2 and crimped new pins to make it clean and strung through the loom. Pot located in the backbox to adjust back-panel brightness.
[quoted image]
Result so far.
[quoted image]
Glad to see others are starting to arrive.

Looks Great! Nice clean install on the blue led strip!

#4944 4 years ago

great to hear that the first CE´s are delivered.
a little strange that the production date is only a small sticker and not very prof. (Feb 2020 ).
Is there any difference btw. the old MMR Standard and the CE? I do not know any.

#4945 4 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

great to hear that the first CE´s are delivered.
a little strange that the production date is only a small sticker and not very prof. (Feb 2020 ).
Is there any difference btw. the old MMR Standard and the CE? I do not know any.

I think it's the same.

The matrix with the "new" CE, SE, RE features are here.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness

robin Can maybe help add these new models to pinside? The classic edition, special edition, and royal edition? The classic edition is essentially the same as the old standard edition.

Let me try to explain - someone correct me if this is wrong:

(first run of MMR done by CGC, no longer made)
MMR Standard edition - no bells and whistles, standard DMD display, MDF Bottom, unfinished backbox edges - original MSRP $8,000
MMR Limited edition - same as standard plus choice of color trim and shaker motor, stronger plywood bottom, finished backbox edges, numbered plaque limited to 1000 games - original MSRP $8,000

(new)
MMR Classic Edition - same as MMR standard edition, but plywood bottom and finished backbox edges is standard now - original MSRP $8,000
MMR Special Edition - same as Classic but comes with HD color, XL display, premium sound system, RGB GI, and RGB Back Panel lighting - original MSRP $9,000
MMR Royal Edition - has the same features as the Special Edition plus the topper, side mirrors, shaker, and Black powdercoat - original MSRP $10,000

#4946 4 years ago

We were having some minor issues with our trolls. The left one didn't like to stay up all the time and neither consistently registered hits. Took a look at realized each troll face was only attached with one screw. Found one screw stuck to the subwoofer magnet. The other was no where to be seen. We went to lowes and grabbed a replacement. Replacement is 8-32 x 3/8 inch. The removing the troll mechs from the top was really easy. I saw that posted elsewhere in this thread and wanted to say thanks for that. We got the troll heads put back together and now they are registering hits great.

Also waxed the playfield and put some clear rings on the bottom half. Brightened things up a tad and the game is playing much faster as well.

#4947 4 years ago

I never noticed they add screws into the side rails. Wpc is just tape. Good idea.
I removed the anti trap on the dragon; should be good for home use. Looks better.
Lastly I noticed it has a really nice outhole protector that goes around the whole circumstance. I didn't see these for sale from planetary. Id like to fit one to my NGG.

#4948 4 years ago

EDIT: I found Pinnovators. thanks anyway....

In anticipation of my MMr arrival, what's a good headphone solution. I checked pinsound website and it looks like they only support Williams original version.

#4949 4 years ago

Hey did the add on XL display ever drop?

I've been busy with family stuff and a lil' out of touch lately.

#4950 4 years ago

All mmr standard editions came with the plywood bottom (none ever got the mdf). Early standard editions had the unfinished edges, but later versions had the plastic finish. All LE's had the Entropy coin door. First run of standards had the Entropy door, but later runs got the suzo Happ doors.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

I think it's the same.
The matrix with the "new" CE, SE, RE features are here.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness
robin Can maybe help add these new models to pinside? The classic edition, special edition, and royal edition? The classic edition is essentially the same as the old standard edition.
Let me try to explain - someone correct me if this is wrong:
(first run of MMR done by CGC, no longer made)
MMR Standard edition - no bells and whistles, standard DMD display, MDF Bottom, unfinished backbox edges - original MSRP $8,000
MMR Limited edition - same as standard plus choice of color trim and shaker motor, stronger plywood bottom, finished backbox edges, numbered plaque limited to 1000 games - original MSRP $8,000
(new)
MMR Classic Edition - same as MMR standard edition, but plywood bottom and finished backbox edges is standard now - original MSRP $8,000
MMR Special Edition - same as Classic but comes with HD color, XL display, premium sound system, RGB GI, and RGB Back Panel lighting - original MSRP $9,000
MMR Royal Edition - has the same features as the Special Edition plus the topper, side mirrors, shaker, and Black powdercoat - original MSRP $10,000

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/99?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.