IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,186 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 204.
#4751 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Ask the same question in the MBR forum and you'll get a different answer....

And obviously they’d be wrong.

#4752 4 years ago

I play my mbR more than than my mmr. I find mmr to be easier and have much longer game times. If I had to choose, I’d probably keep mbr, but I don’t so I’m keeping both.

#4753 4 years ago

I should be picking up a MMr tomorrow. Looking forward to joining the club.

#4754 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And obviously they’d be wrong.

Is there really a wrong answer....MBRLE is an incredible game

#4755 4 years ago

The last 3 remakes are incredible games that just got better !

#4756 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

The last 3 remakes are incredible games that just got better !

Agreed. I have all three and love them. If I had to pick one it would be MMr. Hands down.

#4757 4 years ago

I know it’s crazy but I’ve mentioned before my MMRRE will go next to my original MM (beautiful original) . Still the king in my book

#4758 4 years ago

It's here. I thought it may be to similar to AFM but so far feels completely different. I've played it on location but never understood the rules besides destroy the castle. Great game so far plus the wife likes it.

20191218_165621 (resized).jpg20191218_165621 (resized).jpg20191218_173406 (resized).jpg20191218_173406 (resized).jpg
#4759 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

It's here. I thought it may be to similar to AFM but so far feels completely different. I've played it on location but never understood the rules besides destroy the castle. Great game so far plus the wife likes it.[quoted image][quoted image]

Now you can try to beat it. Good luck...

#4760 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

It's here. I thought it may be to similar to AFM but so far feels completely different. I've played it on location but never understood the rules besides destroy the castle. Great game so far plus the wife likes it.[quoted image][quoted image]

Is this the SE with the XL DMD?

CGC has been awfully quiet since revealing the prototypes two months ago. By now, I expected more Pinsiders posting pictures of their new 2019 MMr editions, CGC’s website would reflect the new edition, and more communication from distributors confirming shipping details.

#4761 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

CGC has been awfully quiet since revealing the prototypes two months ago. By now, I expected more Pinsiders posting pictures of their new 2019 MMr editions, CGC’s website would reflect the new edition, and more communication from distributors confirming shipping details.

It does not have the xl dmd, just the normal one.

#4762 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Agreed. It’s very odd that CGC doesn’t have any info on their site at all. I keep checking. I have a Royal edition in order and would love to see more details and pics.

#4763 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Agreed. It’s very odd that CGC doesn’t have any info on their site at all. I keep checking. I have a Royal edition in order and would love to see more details and pics.

Take it from someone who purchased all three LE's from CGC.....its not a surprise....this is what will happen. Your distributor will call early and request full payment for your game. They will then tell u the game will ship from CGC soon. Some of the games will ship, but most will be delayed weeks if not months. Its just how CGC roles.....the good news is your game will ship at some point, but never on time.

#4764 4 years ago

Got mine home last night. Traded a super nice GOTLE for it. This one is in great shape. Has the Shaker, HD color upgrade, laseriffic topper, and a couple other little tweaks already on it.

20191218_213207.jpg20191218_213207.jpg
#4765 4 years ago

Nice, very nice, congrats. Still waiting on updates as to when the new lot of MMr's will ship from Chicago Gaming. Hopefully soon...

#4766 4 years ago

Those waiting on the latest run of MMr production updates like myself. During the 24hr fundraiser stream by SpecialWhenLit, Ryan White VP of sales for CGC mentioned they were 2 weeks behind due to waiting on one part. Stated that the CE/SE pins should start shipping within the next 2 weeks.

#4767 4 years ago

I'd imagine the holidays would put them farther behind than that. Good timing though. Would be a pain to get to the bank and travel during this time of year anyways. Should be a happy new year.

#4768 4 years ago
Quoted from ReplicaX:

Those waiting on the latest run of MMr production updates like myself. During the 24hr fundraiser stream by SpecialWhenLit, Ryan White VP of sales for CGC mentioned they were 2 weeks behind due to waiting on one part. Stated that the CE/SE pins should start shipping within the next 2 weeks.

If CGC says December what they really mean is sometime in February .... my guess the Royal version won't ship until Feb/March

#4769 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If CGC says December what they really mean is sometime in February .... my guess the Royal version won't ship until Feb/March

I'm just passing on what Ryan from CGC said since they have been quiet.

"We are building games right now and waiting for that last part to come in before putting them in boxes."
"We are hoping to start shipping out the week of or week after Xmas (CE/SE models)"
"Hoping to start Royals in January"

#4770 4 years ago
Quoted from ReplicaX:

Thanks for the heads up.

#4771 4 years ago
Quoted from ReplicaX:

"We are building games right now and waiting for that last part to come in before putting them in boxes."
"We are hoping to start shipping out the week of or week after Xmas (CE/SE models)"

Thanks for the information....

#4772 4 years ago

Great, thanks for the update.

#4773 4 years ago
Quoted from ReplicaX:

Appreciated!!!

#4774 4 years ago

Does anyone make an alternative plastic to cover these four lights from the players view? I really want to play with cool white GI but I hate those four shining in my eyes.

5A3FDCCD-7068-4E71-9208-6E60B939A13A (resized).jpeg5A3FDCCD-7068-4E71-9208-6E60B939A13A (resized).jpeg
#4775 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Does anyone make an alternative plastic to cover these four lights from the players view? I really want to play with cool white GI but I hate those four shining in my eyes.[quoted image]

Wrong club thread

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4776 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Wrong club thread

Bahahahahaaa!!! Never mind. Nothing to see here....

#4777 4 years ago

I need some help with my step fathers mmr, he has installed pinstadium lights but has lost the app to control it. Something happened so that it just strobes between colors during game play,fast and bright (very distracting ). Anyone know how to manually turn this down or off? Thanks in advance for any advice

#4778 4 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I need some help with my step fathers mmr, he has installed pinstadium lights but has lost the app to control it. Something happened so that it just strobes between colors during game play,fast and bright (very distracting ). Anyone know how to manually turn this down or off? Thanks in advance for any advice

Sounds like you just need to re-add them in the app. The lights strobe like you described if they got intentionally or unintentionally power cycled abruptly. Instructions for doing this is on their website.

#4779 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Sounds like you just need to re-add them in the app. The lights strobe like you described if they got intentionally or unintentionally power cycled abruptly. Instructions for doing this is on their website.

Good advice here. Hopefully that fixes it. If it happens again you may need a new power supply. I had that exact thing. Added them back in a few times and it kept dropping. New power supply and no issues since.

#4780 4 years ago

So the "exit" of the right orbit lane guide is directing the ball to the drain. I took a couple pics and it looks like the guide has a little twist/bend. When the ball is shot to the left orbit, rips around and comes out of the right orbit, where should the ball land? Left flipper or right flipper? How should this metal lane guide be? in front of the post or behind?

0EBB2CDF-C0CC-4115-BEAB-5A60471E54D0 (resized).jpeg0EBB2CDF-C0CC-4115-BEAB-5A60471E54D0 (resized).jpeg52F32CC1-5E75-40B1-8E89-D1E086DC6339 (resized).jpeg52F32CC1-5E75-40B1-8E89-D1E086DC6339 (resized).jpeg
#4781 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So the "exit" of the right orbit lane guide is directing the ball to the drain. I took a couple pics and it looks like the guide has a little twist/bend. When the ball is shot to the left orbit, rips around and comes out of the right orbit, where should the ball land? Left flipper or right flipper? How should this metal lane guide be? in front of the post or behind?[quoted image][quoted image]

The guide on My MMRLE sends the ball either into the right flipper (fast ball) or possibly into the right Slingshot (slower ball kicked out from the Merlin hole). Looks like your exit guide needs adjustment so the ball will not hit the rubber bumper.

Here is a picture from my MMR.
IMG_4298 (resized).JPGIMG_4298 (resized).JPG

#4782 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

The guide on My MMRLE sends the ball either into the right flipper (fast ball) or possibly into the right Slingshot (slower ball kicked out from the Merlin hole). Looks like your exit guide needs adjustment so the ball will not hit the rubber bumper.
[quoted image]

Pinbits plastic protectors change the ball trajectory as well I've noticed. On my machine I got right orbits straight to the right flipper (1000s of games) until recently, now the ball coming down from the right orbit hits the right sling plastic about halfway up and angles straight thru the flippers into the drain. A subtle change can make the machine almost unplayable like that. I am going to readjust the plastic protectors..see if that reverts it back so balls go to the right flipper again.

#4783 4 years ago

Thinking of joining club. Looking at a recent build I think. Any issues to look for? Warranty info ?

#4784 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thinking of joining club. Looking at a recent build I think. Any issues to look for? Warranty info ?

Buy with confidence....CGC builds a quality product and provides great service.....their not STERN

#4785 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

[quoted image]

Ya looks like the bottom of the guide needs to be bent/pushed out as it’s behind the rubber of the post. Thanks! I’ll check it out

#4786 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Buy with confidence....CGC builds a quality product and provides great service.....their not STERN

I just got My JP and I’ve had less issues than my CGCs. Also the side art appears to be better quality. Stern’s lockdown bar is better, they include a handle to get the game in the machine easier, and some other improvements. My CGC playfield are dimpled just like all the others. I get Stern has had some pooling issues which they should be criticized for, but they seem to have solved them.

I like my CGC games, but I’m just not seeing a noticeable difference in quality.

#4787 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I just got My JP and I’ve had less issues than my CGCs. Also the side art appears to be better quality. Stern’s lockdown bar is better, they include a handle to get the game in the machine easier, and some other improvements. My CGC playfield are dimpled just like all the others. I get Stern has had some pooling issues which they should be criticized for, but they seem to have solved them.
I like my CGC games, but I’m just not seeing a noticeable difference in quality.

I have dimpling on the pf of mmr but the cabinet is way better build than my GB prem

#4788 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Sounds like you lucked out. CGC games don't have side art so not sure what your talking about? CGC lock down bar is far superior to the cheap buckles that Stern uses (although their not bad). The bottom line is Stern current product quality is crap...there's nothing but issues with Stern games....

#4789 4 years ago

the dimpling is the one thing that I found odd when I got my MBrLE- within 100 games it had a ton so was a bit disappointed compared to my older Stern's and considering CGC's rep for great playfields. I have seen some of the newer Stern's and they look like a minefield comparatively. My point is CGC does manufacture a good product (have a MMr Royal on order) but so do all the manufacturers. There is always going to be exceptions no matter who produces the pin

#4790 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Sounds like you lucked out. CGC games don't have side art so not sure what your talking about? CGC lock down bar is far superior to the cheap buckles that Stern uses (although their not bad). The bottom line is Stern current product quality is crap...there's nothing but issues with Stern games....

I’m talking about the art on the side of the cabinet. The lockdown on CGC is trash, Sterns used to use that lock, but switched. I don’t even lock it and it doesn’t rattle and I don’t have to fight to get it locked in if I do.

#4791 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

The Stern games weighs about 60lbs
Less ? Just curious where the weight went ?

Lockdown bar ? The piece of shit with Home Depot hasp ? Or the exterior bolts on the head to a Tin can upper cabinet
Or the speaker panel assembled almost entirely of plastic screws . Oh god please stop the madness

#4792 4 years ago

Any idea when Royals are coming ?

#4793 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Any idea when Royals are coming ?

Someone posted earlier that one of the CGC guys said they had a part delay and should be good to go in 1-2 weeks.

#4794 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Lockdown bar ? The piece of shit with Home Depot hasp ? Or the exterior bolts on the head to a Tin can upper cabinet
Or the speaker panel assembled almost entirely of plastic screws . Oh god please stop the madness

Probably the cabinet. I see Stern has at least reinforced all the corners now and as stated above and in the GB forum, appears to have been a problem with that game.

You’ll also see a lot of issues on all the CGC game specific forums. Some of them could and should have been fixed at the factory. There needs to be better QC all around.

Can’t say I’ve had or seen much issues with the cabinet head or speaker assemblies. Least of my concerns, especially if it works.

I’m not here to bash CGC, I’m just saying, I think the companies are on par with each other and they all have things that could be fixed.

#4795 4 years ago

No rush , I can wait for a Quality built pinball !

#4796 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

CGC's lock down bar is 10X Sterns crap....yours sounds like it needs adjustment....in regards to the cabinet art I see no real differences between the two companies. CGC's play fields are far superior than the latest Sterns....

#4797 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CGC's lock down bar is 10X Sterns crap....yours sounds like it needs adjustment....in regards to the cabinet art I see no real differences between the two companies. CGC's play fields are far superior than the latest Sterns....

Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. Again, I don’t even use the lock, I just push it down and there’s no issues. Makes it super easy to remove the glass and wipe down the games.

You can feel a difference on my JP and my MB/AFM. My JP is really glossy. it’s not a big difference and I agree in the end it’s not a big deal.

#4798 4 years ago

This is the best game ever made !
Just played 4 days straight. 4 times BFTK. Finally beating it after this epic battle against the right troll ! But a few games later defeated it (troll bombs are KEY). Some decent playing for me,enjoy.

#4799 4 years ago

That was fun to watch. SO CLOSE! I wasn't even playing and almost worked up a sweat. Been there many times and the feeling of actually completing it is so incredibly satisfying. Some great playing and excellent ball control skillz there!

#4800 4 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

This is the best game ever made !
Just played 4 days straight. 4 times BFTK. Finally beating it after this epic battle against the right troll ! But a few games later defeated it (troll bombs are KEY). Some decent playing for me,enjoy.

Could seemed weak in the vid - obviously youd been playing for a long time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,186 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.