Topic Stats

• 4,711 posts
  • 442 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by whitey
  • Topic is favorited by 249 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 583 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic1 (resized).jpg
triceratops02.jpg
face off poster simple layers.jpg
sidon dash river layout one.jpg
sandman one.jpg
plane_green_b_w sketch.jpg
oldman_bodies.jpg
Ichabod Fletcher Finish.jpg
canyon_raid01.jpg
Brathwaite_Constance_Finish.jpg
garden three color copy.jpg
IMG_4372.JPG
IMG_4371.JPG
20191114_194543.jpg
20191114_195108.jpg
20191114_195036.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4711 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 95.
#4651 17 days ago

Or just get the MMRRE, then light CGC on fire.

Done. You’ve got a keeper...until it needs replacement parts...I...didn’t think this through.

#4652 17 days ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Maybe they'll make a Troll Edition...just to mess with people.

Lol yes! With green trim and a moving troll topper!

#4653 17 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Lol yes! With green trim and a moving troll topper!

And a swamp hole instead of a castle, and knights pop out of the playfield for knights multiball madness, and a donkey instead of a dragon. Wait, I think this idea already has a pin

#4654 17 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The company has publicly stated they will only make the RE this one time... but whether they make something else or not, who cares???? What’s your point anyway?
Either you’re interested in buying it or you’re not! What difference does it make if they make more later??
This isn’t an “investment”. It’s an amusement device. Definitely a luxury item for home users. Buy it, play it, enjoy it!
If future value is your main concern then you’re in the wrong hobby... Go play the stock market!!
My 0.02$

Have they said that publicly? and I care about future value about as much as I care about your $.02....

#4655 16 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Have they said that publicly? and I care about future value about as much as I care about your $.02....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/87#post-5273926

All good man. If we all thought alike then what would be the point of this forum?

I guess you're a MMRLE owner so I can certainly understand your frustration with the whole situation. I think the problem with MMRLE is that CGC didn't have a grasp on the market situation when they first made it as it was their first pinball. It sold well, they made more (standard), then they went on to other remakes and adopted the 3-tiered approach like the rest of the manufacturers (std, SE, LE). They goofed on their first production by calling it an LE. They should of called it "first edition" or "founder's edition" or something similar.

I don't mean to insult you and your ownership of an LE but if you take step back, 1000 units isn't really all that limited. They made the same amount of classic editions... There wasn't anything really different other than the shaker and a numbered sticker on the apron. It was the same price as the classic edition too. If anything you got a better deal because you got a free shaker and a rebated color upgrade. You didn't have to pay an extra premium to get the LE like the other pins out there.

I know they said they wouldn't make more LEs and now they are making REs and they are more limited than the LE and have more bling. That part sucks. Once again I just think they didn't know what they had on their hands when they originally made the LE and now they are just trying to make everything the same so all their remakes "look" the same.

In they end they did good by offering the upgrades to make your LE the same as the RE for the same price as buying the RE outright. And actually with the free shaker and rebated color upgrade you got, your "RE" will cost less than what the suckers like me are about to pay for the RE....

Have a nice Thursday!

Mike

#4656 16 days ago

I just don't get all this ballyhoo about the royal "Edition". It's not like it has a plaque with an edition number on it. It's the exact same options you can buy separately and install yourself on any version you have. Yes the RE has more stuff on it, but you pay to the penny for all those upgrades. It's literally just CGC doing the labor for you and they needed a name to classify it as different title than the rest so you could purchase it. Somehow the name has created this superiority/inferiority FOMO complex with some people. It's just silly.

#4657 16 days ago

I personally like buying a Pinball turn key
Never liked wrenching on a 10k game out of the box or $12,500

#4658 16 days ago

It's rare that any new game doesn't get thrashed on here anymore, along with people that admit ( or worse get excited) to wanting, buying one.

I think CGC went above and beyond to provide pieces parts to existing owners ( everything but the armor is available) with equal math.

The RE is a limited/single run game w all the bling. It was stated. Just is what it is. I don't gloat about it, nor ashamed of my decision to buy one( my money, my choice).

I'm equally tired of the superior/inferior vibe that follows all these types of threads. There's just no need, and will certainly alienate any new posters from commenting about anything..

#4659 16 days ago

Has CGC said if the RE will have any kind of a "limited" placard with a number on it? I'm assuming no, but I'm curious.

#4660 16 days ago

Is there a nice CGC video highlighting the Royal Edition? I’m interested in it but need to see it in person or a high definition close up video tour before spending that kind of money.

#4661 16 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It's rare that any new game doesn't get thrashed on here anymore, along with people that admit ( or worse get excited) to wanting, buying one.
I think CGC went above and beyond to provide pieces parts to existing owners ( everything but the armor is available) with equal math.
The RE is a limited/single run game w all the bling. It was stated. Just is what it is. I don't gloat about it, nor ashamed of my decision to buy one( my money, my choice).
I'm equally tired of the superior/inferior vibe that follows all these types of threads. There's just no need, and will certainly alienate any new posters from commenting about anything..

I’m proud to say I ordered 2 !
Yep

#4662 16 days ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Has CGC said if the RE will have any kind of a "limited" placard with a number on it? I'm assuming no, but I'm curious.

They haven't said anything. Does it really matter though? Would it make the difference between buying it or not?

#4663 16 days ago
Quoted from Budman:

Is there a nice CGC video highlighting the Royal Edition? I’m interested in it but need to see it in person or a high definition close up video tour before spending that kind of money.

It’s an MMR with all of the upgrades (rgb lighting, shaker, topper, color upgrade, larger screen), and black metallic powder coat on the rails, coin door, hinges, and speaker panel. Also has a 2 year warranty like the last 2 LE’s.

#4664 16 days ago
Quoted from Budman:

This Week In Pinball has a link to the reveal video. Haven't watched it so can't tell you if it's HD or close-up, although close-up wouldn't matter.. The game is the same. The GI is different (RGB) and close-up wouldn't really show that well.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-november-11th-2019/

Cheers,

#4665 16 days ago

I watched it last week and don’t recall seeing a close up walk through. Just gameplay on split screens in the dark. I’m sure CGC will do one soon.

#4666 16 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

They haven't said anything. Does it really matter though? Would it make the difference between buying it or not?

Made no difference to me. I was going to buy the regular MMr but when they came out with the MMRE it was like ok then whats another 2K for something that will give you enjoyment for years to come. Looks like I am in the suckers club with you and we have to still pay a bigger premium due to the Canuck peso- ugh

#4667 16 days ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Made no difference to me. I was going to buy the regular MMr but when they came out with the MMRE it was like ok then whats another 2K for something that will give you enjoyment for years to come. Looks like I am in the suckers club with you and we have to still pay a bigger premium due to the Canuck peso- ugh

Yeah same.. Was on the waiting list before.

Oh and don't forget the f#$% 15% tax we're gonna fork out on top of that. So about $15k CAD for us Canuck suckahs

But I don't care. It's a game I love. Only played the real thing maybe half a dozen times. Been playing for years on Pinball Arcade... Love the humour and the simplicity of the game for non pinheads, yet difficult enough for good players to seldom reach King of the Realm.

Can't wait!

#4668 16 days ago
Quoted from Budman:

but need to see it in person

The black metallic powder coat you may need to see in person to appreciate. I'm not sure it looks as good in photos or videos.

LTG : )

#4669 16 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

The black metallic powder coat you may need to see in person to appreciate. I'm not sure it looks as good in photos or videos.

Very excited for this..!!

#4670 16 days ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Looks like I am in the suckers club with you and we have to still pay a bigger premium due to the Canuck peso- ugh

Hopefully the Canuck buck increases in value when it comes time to pay the remainder. We can only hope...and maybe someday I'll win the lottery as well.

#4671 16 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Me personally, no it wouldn't make a difference to buy or not. Just curious to know if CGC is trying to make another "limited" version since they're only supposed to make one run of them.

#4672 15 days ago

Anyone get the mirrored back glass from CPR? If so how does it compare to the translite?

#4673 15 days ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Anyone get the mirrored back glass from CPR? If so how does it compare to the translite?

I got the IJ, wow. Just...wow. Even off the bg looks amazing.

#4674 15 days ago

Got my badass dragon - thanks Mike and Mark!

pic1 (resized).jpg
#4675 13 days ago

Saw the MMr Royal Edition at Free Play Florida and it's bad ass. Check out the Topper and GI lights in action. I have a feeling that a new MMr with XL screen will be in my collection some time in the future.

#4676 13 days ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Saw the MMr Royal Edition at Free Play Florida and it's bad ass. Check out the Topper and GI lights in action. I have a feeling that a new MMr with XL screen will be in my collection some time in the future.

Looks amazing!!! Thanks for sharing....

#4677 12 days ago

Pinball News recently wrote up a great review of the assembly process at Chicago Gaming with lots of great pics!

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2019/11/20/inside-chicago-gaming/

I can’t wait for mine to ship, especially after seeing the number of completed pins in the storeroom. After seeing the photos of the playfield silk screening process I can appreciate how time intensive the process is. I did not realize that they inspect each playfield after every layer of ink but that makes sense, why continue printing if it’s flawed. The results are amazing, my MBr looks fantastic! The level of quality is why I’m buying a MMr for my second NIB purchase and holding off on getting a Stern JP.

#4678 12 days ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

Pinball News recently wrote up a great review of the assembly process at Chicago Gaming with lots of great pics!
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2019/11/20/inside-chicago-gaming/
I can’t wait for mine to ship, especially after seeing the number of completed pins in the storeroom. After seeing the photos of the playfield silk screening process I can appreciate how time intensive the process is. I did not realize that they inspect each playfield after every layer of ink but that makes sense, why continue printing if it’s flawed. The results are amazing, my MBr looks fantastic! The level of quality is why I’m buying a MMr for my second NIB purchase and holding off on getting a Stern JP.

Thanks for sharing that. Really awesome read and seeing some of them already boxed makes me hopeful for getting my Royal Edition in January.

#4679 10 days ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Got my badass dragon - thanks Mike and Mark![quoted image]

That dragon looks awesome!! My two cents worth (probably worth less than that)... for HUO, take that ugly plastic off it’s back from between its wings, put masking tape on it and mark what it’s for and put it in the coin box. I removed mine 3 years ago and have had zero balls stuck there, but easy enough to retrieve if one ever does.

Let that dragon fly!!

#4680 7 days ago

Any one getting updates yet from their distributors on the new MMR release dates?

So freakin excited about getting a MM back in the pad.
My fam has missed this game since I sold my original many years ago.

#4681 6 days ago

Haven’t heard anything, but hope it’s real soon.

#4682 6 days ago

I haven't heard Boo on the upgrades....my guess its not until January or maybe February....CGC makes great games, but their always behind schedule.

#4683 6 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I haven't heard Boo on the upgrades....my guess its not until January or maybe February....CGC makes great games, but their always behind schedule.

I am ok with that - parting with $15K(canuck pesos) before Christmas may be hard to explain to the wife when she doesn't get her usual bling and i get mine

#4684 6 days ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I am ok with that - parting with $15K(canuck pesos) before Christmas may be hard to explain to the wife when she doesn't get her usual bling and i get mine

Me too. Gives everyone time to build up pin-dollas and teaches the deep pockets a little patience.

#4685 6 days ago

Hopefully by Xmas, if not it’s going to be hard to resist ordering JP instead. I’m planning on an SE.

#4686 6 days ago

I’m thinking SE as well but want to see one up close first to determine just how good the new GI lighting effects are. Otherwise it’s a poorly lit game.

#4687 6 days ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Im sure it won't be there by xmas...I've owned all the CGC games and they are usually 3-6 months behind schedule....MMR might be different since they've already built the title.

#4688 6 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Im sure it won't be there by xmas...I've owned all the CGC games and they are usually 3-6 months behind schedule....MMR might be different since they've already built the title.

Yes my distributor figured February so all good

#4689 6 days ago

Is it true the Royal editions have a powder coat coin door ?

#4690 6 days ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’m thinking SE as well but want to see one up close first to determine just how good the new GI lighting effects are. Otherwise it’s a poorly lit game.

Pin stadium! Another $300 hundo

#4691 6 days ago
Quoted from whitey:

Is it true the Royal editions have a powder coat coin door ?

Yes. Speaker panel, hinges, apron, coin door, Etc

#4692 6 days ago
Quoted from whitey:

Pin stadium! Another $300 hundo

30,000 for pinstadiums?

#4693 6 days ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

30,000 for pinstadiums?

No 3 Hundo

As in 3 hundred

#4694 6 days ago

Longtime lurker and pin guy.

After 25+ years as a pinball tech locally as side work and owning and restoring a few used pins. I have a MMR on preorder and it will be my first NIB.

Very excited as I've wanted this pin since it came out back when I worked at an arcade in the 90s.

#4695 6 days ago
Quoted from ReplicaX:

After 25+ years as a pinball tech locally as side work and owning and restoring a few used pins. I have a MMR on preorder and it will be my first NIB.
Very excited as I've wanted this pin since it came out back when I worked at an arcade in the 90s.

Super congrats to you!!!

#4696 6 days ago
Quoted from ReplicaX:

Now THAT’S an endorsement! Nice...

#4697 2 days ago

Having some major issues with my MMRLE that I hope some of you folks may be able to help me with. Issue started with the ball not launching when I pressed the launch button. Reboot, worked for a bit, then stopped working. In solenoid tests, launch button, ball trough, right and left sling wouldn't respond. Did a bit of reading on this thread, started looking for a blown fuse on the solenoid boards (not sure which board controls the trough etc so I checked all the boards). Pulled all fuses, tested, all were fine. Then I looked at the fuses in the box in the cabinet (beside the coin box), and saw that the 4A was blown.

I live in a small town, so all I could readily find was a 5A SB. Before I replaced the 4A with the 5A, I checked with a tech buddy and he said this would be fine as long as the machine wasn't being played for a long duration. Had a few buddies over Saturday night, got three balls in, (so after about 8 minutes of play), slings stopped working, launch and trough as well. Checked the fuse, blown again.

Any suggestions/recommendations? Thanks in advance.

#4698 2 days ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Any suggestions/recommendations?

New fuse. Check coil lugs for ball launch coil, might be shorting to metal.

Get correct fuses.

#4699 1 day ago
Quoted from LTG:

Get correct fuses.

I've had this issue twice. Once on a T3 on the ball save out lane (coil shorted against metal) and most recently on my MBr le launch coil, also shorted against the metal. The paper that covers the coils is easily torn.

#4700 1 day ago
Quoted from LTG:

Get correct fuses.

Thanks @ltg Got some 4A fuses today, put in the machine, turned it on. Started a game, no ball eject from the trough. Went into test menu, same results as above, same four coils won't fire. Turned off the machine, pulled the 4A fuse, fuse is still good. Coil lugs are nowhere near touching any metal, and they are also covered with rubber, so I think I'm good there.

Anyway, put the fuse back in, tried again (I've had gremlins in machines before!), but exact same results. Did a visual inspection of all fuses again, none looked burnt.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brownsburg, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
There are 4711 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 95.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside