Topic Stats

• 4,623 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 248 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 566 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9IT5Urg (resized).jpg
IMG_2900_edited.jpg
IMG_2898_edited.jpg
IMG_2893_edited.jpg
IMG_2875_edited.jpg
IMG_2859_edited.jpg
IMG_2850_edited.jpg
IMG_2843_edited.jpg
IMG_2840_edited.jpg
IMG_2837_edited.jpg
20191103_104643 (resized).jpg
20191103_104527 (resized).jpg
8FB0B512-7D65-4132-98C2-7B09D7D411A4 (resized).jpeg
7F723E2C-B5E7-45E9-BC6C-B5624646B114 (resized).jpeg
E43A745C-2C1E-457B-B776-0502B0E3334A (resized).jpeg
a1e11d7b58901e096e8cab8c7324f5d2c8867fda (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4623 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 93.
#4601 7 days ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Ryan, what is involved in upgrading the lighting?

:47:37 mark in the stream...on upgrading original MMr’s with the new RGB lighting:

The original bulbs in the original MMr’s were socketed bulbs which you can undue from the bottom side. Basically you do a 1-1 replacement of those boards using a nut driver tool and you will be tracing the wires back to the main board. Obviously new code will be required as well.

The instructions for upgrading the lighting have not been finalized yet. Ryan said the kits will be available sometime in January.

#4602 7 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Pretty sure LTG mentioned it would not work.

Nothing in an original to hook it to for a light show.

Ryan did say at some point they'd make one for the original MM's. It would have an independent light show not dependent on the MM itself. Sounds like any of the other toppers out there for the original MM's, that you connect to a separate power source to light up.

LTG : )

#4603 6 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nothing in an original to hook it to for a light show.
Ryan did say at some point they'd make one for the original MM's. It would have an independent light show not dependent on the MM itself. Sounds like any of the other toppers out there for the original MM's, that you connect to a separate power source to light up.

That works for me!

Looking forward to getting one to go beside my AFMr LE!

#4604 6 days ago

Watched today...too excited for my RE to arrive!!! beautiful game. Really looks like the "total package" imho...can't wait to see it w the custom black armor....hurry up January!!!

#4605 6 days ago

Is the MMR Royal Twitch stream posted on YouTube? I can’t find it anywhere

#4606 5 days ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Is the MMR Royal Twitch stream posted on YouTube?

Not yet.

Still watchable here : https://m.twitch.tv/videos/504068042

#4607 5 days ago

Machine - For Trade
NOB - New out of box (first owner) “BLACK MMRLE #405, LIKE NEW, MODS ARE BLACK MIRROR BLADES, CASTLE MEDALLION, PINSTADIUMS, STAINLESS SPEAKER MEDALLIONS, WILLIAMS DECAL, EXTRA LIGHTING. LOOKING TO TRADE FOR RESTO...”
6 days ago
High Ridge, MO
Trade
Looking to trade for a IJ or JPLE

#4608 4 days ago

I have always wanted a better paint-job on my castle and dragon that shows off the cool details that are present in the molding. However, I haven't seen anything that does a great job of matching the colors in the translite and playfield. After years of begging, I finally convinced a famous artist buddy of mine (Mark Jarman) to paint them for me. I love it! What does everyone think?

IMG_2837_edited.jpgIMG_2840_edited.jpgIMG_2843_edited.jpgIMG_2850_edited.jpgIMG_2859_edited.jpgIMG_2875_edited.jpgIMG_2893_edited.jpgIMG_2898_edited.jpgIMG_2900_edited.jpg
#4609 4 days ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I have always wanted a better paint-job on my castle and dragon that shows off the cool details that are present in the molding. However, I haven't seen anything that does a great job of matching the colors in the translite and playfield. After years of begging, I finally convinced a famous artist buddy of mine (Mark Jarman) to paint them for me. I love it! What does everyone think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy cow!! Next level!

#4610 4 days ago

Looks like Castle Grayskull, awesome!

Quoted from netman63129:

I have always wanted a better paint-job on my castle and dragon that shows off the cool details that are present in the molding. However, I haven't seen anything that does a great job of matching the colors in the translite and playfield. After years of begging, I finally convinced a famous artist buddy of mine (Mark Jarman) to paint them for me. I love it! What does everyone think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#4611 4 days ago

That's way cool.

I'm pretty happy with the effect I was able to achieve with a couple of LED strips. I've almost forgotten how bland and drab the stock castle can look. Not knocking it, but part of the reason I love owning pinball is being able to mod and personalize my machines.

9IT5Urg (resized).jpg
#4612 4 days ago

Yeah, I will install the new castle this weekend. I have also ordered some additional spotlights from Comet to highlight the new paint job

I would like to get my LOTR Balrog painted and I have an ACNC that would look way cool with a custom painted castle, and of course the MBR monsters too...

I am curious if anyone else would be interested in getting their Castle and/or Dragon hand-painted in this way? Maybe there is a market for this sort of custom paint work from a skilled artist?

#4613 4 days ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Wow!!!! Amazing work...

#4614 4 days ago

Looks fantastic.

#4615 4 days ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Yeah, I will install the new castle this weekend. I have also ordered some additional spotlights from Comet to highlight the new paint job
I would like to get my LOTR Balrog painted and I have an ACNC that would look way cool with a custom painted castle, and of course the MBR monsters too...
I am curious if anyone else would be interested in getting their Castle and/or Dragon hand-painted in this way? Maybe there is a market for this sort of custom paint work from a skilled artist?

Looks great! I would love to see some photos/video once it is installed in your machine!

#4616 3 days ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Looks great! Definitely post pictures when you get it installed.

I would probably had the tops of the castle done in blue vice red to match the display, but still amazing nonetheless.

#4617 3 days ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Possibly as I think the dragon and castle both look great....the question is how long does it take, and whats the cost?

#4618 2 days ago

I'd be in for the dragon - badass!

#4619 2 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Possibly as I think the dragon and castle both look great....the question is how long does it take, and whats the cost?

I spoke with the artist (Mark Jarman) and he says there is about 10 hours of work into painting the castle and dragon. He normally gets $100 an hour for contract work but I let him know that there is an opportunity here at pinside for his talents that could be made up in volume. Personally, I think that he really enjoyed painting them and would like to do more.

He says that he will paint the entire castle for $395 and the dragon for $95. Of course, you have to ship them to him. He also says that each one will be a unique work of art as no two pieces will be exactly the same. He will also sign the pieces for you. Basically, you will have a collectible work of art. PM me if you are interested!

Quoted from SkillShot:

Looks great! Definitely post pictures when you get it installed.
I would probably had the tops of the castle done in blue vice red to match the display, but still amazing nonetheless.

Mark says that if you don't like the red roofs, you can specify a color and he will accommodate. I like the red because it matches the brickwork around the windows and I think it pops. It also matches the towers on the translite behind the King of Payne

#4620 2 days ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

I'd be in for the dragon - badass!

If you want just the dragon, Mark says he will do it for $95! PM me if interested.

#4621 2 days ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I spoke with the artist (Mark Jarman) and he says there is about 10 hours of work into painting the castle and dragon. He normally gets $100 an hour for contract work but I let him know that there is an opportunity here at pinside for his talents that could be made up in volume. Personally, I think that he really enjoyed painting them and would like to do more.
He says that he will paint the entire castle for $395 and the dragon for $95. Of course, you have to ship them to him. He also says that each one will be a unique work of art as no two pieces will be exactly the same. He will also sign the pieces for you. Basically, you will have a collectible work of art. PM me if you are interested!

Mark says that if you don't like the red roofs, you can specify a color and he will accommodate.

awesome do you have any pics installed on the pin??

#4622 2 days ago
Quoted from rai:

awesome do you have any pics installed on the pin??

Not yet, I still need to reinstall them but I should be able to get it completed this week...

#4623 2 days ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Is the MMR Royal Twitch stream posted on YouTube? I can’t find it anywhere

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
There are 4623 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 93.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside