image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 205.
#4551 4 years ago

"Color chip" colorized the display not the PF. Code will colorize the GI once the mod is added.

#4552 4 years ago

PinballSTAR has a few MMR Royal Editions available after we worked through our pre-orders, first come first served if anyone is searching...

Email Joe at [email protected]

#4553 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You mad bro?
I know this is an owners thread. I never said one thing bad about MM, I’m soliciting opinions from owners who feel it’s one of the best pins. It’d be like if I was going to buy a Porsche, I’d go to a Porsche forum and ask a question what makes it so special. I wouldn’t go to a Miata forum and ask if I should buy a Porsche.

Rai, I didn’t think I’d ever spend $8k on a pin. Previous high was around 7k for a NIB AVLE 7 years ago. Resale on that was so bad that I swore off high priced games. Well, then all the QC issues started happening (these have been pretty solid for 5 years at least) and NIB became even less attractive.

I’ve always wanted MM. To me it’s the most well balanced game ever made. It has no weaknesses, and many, many strengths. I was a little miffed when the MMr was priced at $8k. I had a deposit down on the first run, but ultimately cancelled it, because I couldn’t justify the expense.

For a variety of reasons, I recently said “screw it, I want this game”. I ended up buying a new one with the color chip and the Shaker. Cost me about $8400. And I couldn’t be happier. I’d gotten another really good game a few months back, that I was still honeymooning on when I got MMr. I’ve played that game about three times since then. It’s all MMr all the time. It’s simply the perfect pin.

And CGCs QC is excellent. Mine is a late 2017 build. It is gorgeous. No playfield issues whatsoever, and the deepest, glossiest clear you’ve ever seen.

A base model MMr is not the price of two Sterns. More like 2/3 the price. And before the remakes the cost to entry was 3 - 5 times the price of a new Stern. The market says MM is better than two other games. And IMO, the market is right.

Why get naked with two ok looking chicks when you can bang a horny super model?

#4554 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Rai, I didn’t think I’d ever spend $8k on a pin. Previous high was around 7k for a NIB AVLE 7 years ago. Resale on that was so bad that I swore off high priced games. Well, then all the QC issues started happening (these have been pretty solid for 5 years at least) and NIB became even less attractive.
I’ve always wanted MM. To me it’s the most well balanced game ever made. It has no weaknesses, and many, many strengths. I was a little miffed when the MMr was priced at $8k. I had a deposit down on the first run, but ultimately cancelled it, because I couldn’t justify the expense.
For a variety of reasons, I recently said “screw it, I want this game”. I ended up buying a new one with the color chip and the Shaker. Cost me about $8400. And I couldn’t be happier. I’d gotten another really good game a few months back, that I was still honeymooning on when I got MMr. I’ve played that game about three times since then. It’s all MMr all the time. It’s simply the perfect pin.
And CGCs QC is excellent. Mine is a late 2017 build. It is gorgeous. No playfield issues whatsoever, and the deepest, glossiest clear you’ve ever seen.
A base model MMr is not the price of two Sterns. More like 2/3 the price. And before the remakes the cost to entry was 3 - 5 times the price of a new Stern. The market says MM is better than two other games. And IMO, the market is right.
Why get naked with two ok looking chicks when you can bang a horny super model?

I’m pretty much of the same opinion as you. I didn’t do the shaker, I may add later. My wife didn’t believe me about the gameplay until we got it home. Now she looks forward to playing where before she wasn’t too big on playing. Game doesn’t have any weak points. Challenging but playable. Reached Royal madness several times but not Castle crusher or battle for the kingdom yet. Really happy with the game. Don’t see it going anywhere anytime soon. Just can’t do all the upgrades.

#4555 4 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I’m pretty much of the same opinion as you. I didn’t do the shaker, I may add later. My wife didn’t believe me about the gameplay until we got it home. Now she looks forward to playing where before she wasn’t too big on playing. Game doesn’t have any weak points. Challenging but playable. Reached Royal madness several times but not Castle crusher or battle for the kingdom yet. Really happy with the game. Don’t see it going anywhere anytime soon. Just can’t do all the upgrades.

Shaker is a game changer ....really nice addition to game play ...especially when you blow up the castle

#4556 4 years ago

Does anybody know how difficult the GI upgrade will be to install? It seems like it would be pretty involved.

#4557 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Does anybody know how difficult the GI upgrade will be to install? It seems like it would be pretty involved.

I have asked 2 distributors and both said they don't know.

#4558 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Does anybody know how difficult the GI upgrade will be to install?

No idea yet. I inquired about doing an install video for it. No word yet.

LTG : )

#4559 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea yet. I inquired about doing an install video for it. No word yet.

That sure would be nice....

#4560 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Yeah, would every LED bulb need to be replaced? That will be a PITA.

#4561 4 years ago

Yeah, would every LED bulb need to be replaced? That will be a PITA.

No idea yet. But most are on the huge board under the playfield.

#4562 4 years ago

I'm sure this has been asked several times, but has anyone made or have the "Williams" logo for MMR? I've seen a decal on Ebay, but not sure I like that.

#4564 4 years ago

Anyone ever swap out the MMR speaker panel? Specifically, how do you work with the push nuts without breaking them? What is the procedure for removing them without damage, installing them without damage? Thanks!

#4565 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm sure this has been asked several times, but has anyone made or have the "Williams" logo for MMR? I've seen a decal on Ebay, but not sure I like that.

Upgrade to the new XL DMD and you will have the ability to add a digitized Williams logo like on MBr.

E43A745C-2C1E-457B-B776-0502B0E3334A (resized).jpegE43A745C-2C1E-457B-B776-0502B0E3334A (resized).jpeg
#4566 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Upgrade to the new XL DMD and you will have the ability to add a digitized Williams logo like on MBr.[quoted image]

yea I have that already on my MBRLE and AFMRLE still on the fence whether its worth $650?

#4567 4 years ago

DMD extender works on the mmr display.. So you can at least use the old one on something else.

#4568 4 years ago

Finally!

7F723E2C-B5E7-45E9-BC6C-B5624646B114 (resized).jpeg7F723E2C-B5E7-45E9-BC6C-B5624646B114 (resized).jpeg
#4569 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Finally![quoted image]

Nice! I broke 100M for the first time yesterday. Not even close to King of the Realm. Too many SDTM after castle shots!

What triggers the hurry up at the castle? It seems finishing a shot ladder lights it sometimes, but not always. What’s the deal?

#4570 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

DMD extender works on the mmr display.. So you can at least use the old one on something else.

DMD extender?

#4571 4 years ago

Nice! I broke 100M for the first time yesterday. Not even close to King of the Realm. Too many SDTM after castle shots!
What triggers the hurry up at the castle? It seems finishing a shot ladder lights it sometimes, but not always. What’s the deal?

After you’ve played “Multiball Madness” with some shots completed (the “shot multiball” not sure what that’s called... “joust, damsel multiball madness”) finishing a shot ladder that you completed before (or maybe any of them?) will start a hurry up. Until you complete them all and play royal madness. That resets them all and sets up another multiball madness. That was hard to explain. Did it make sense at all?

I use those multiball episodes to punch the castle as much as I can. All the balls flying around tend to prevent sdtm. Also, hit the castle indirectly. Bounce it off the side walls of the drawbridge.

#4572 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

After you’ve played “Multiball Madness” with some shots completed (the “shot multiball” not sure what that’s called... “joust, damsel multiball madness”) finishing a shot ladder that you completed before (or maybe any of them?) will start a hurry up. Until you complete them all and play royal madness. That resets them all and sets up another multiball madness. That was hard to explain. Did it make sense at all?
I use those multiball episodes to punch the castle as much as I can. All the balls flying around tend to prevent sdtm. Also, hit the castle indirectly. Bounce it off the side walls of the drawbridge.

A completed super skill shot also lights hurry up at the castle. To complete super skill shot, hold left flipper when launching a ball, which causes the launched ball to go around the loop (passing by the upper rollovers&pops), and then hit a loop/ramp/catapult shot within a few seconds.

#4573 4 years ago

I know about the skill shot. What I’m saying is that, for example, the first time you complete “catapult” let’s say...you light the hurry up. But the first time you complete “joust” you don’t. But I think later “Jousts” do light it.

I’ve completed a Damsel ladder and lit it, and completed a Damsel ladder and not lit it. When I say “ladder” I mean hitting the shots the 3 or 4 times needed to complete that ladder once (one saved damsel, for example...not 3 saved damsels).

Maybe you can light the hurry up one time for each thing (joust, peasant, damsel etc.) before Royal Madness. But the hurry up lights at different levels of completion? Like the second time for joust (for example)?

Or maybe the hurry up won’t light (even if you complete a ladder) if something else is going on in the game?

#4574 4 years ago

I know about the skill shot. What I’m saying is that, for example, the first time you complete “catapult” let’s say...you light the hurry up. But the first time you complete “joust” you don’t. But I think later “Jousts” do light it.
I’ve completed a Damsel ladder and lit it, and completed a Damsel ladder and not lit it.
Maybe you can light the hurry up one time for each thing (joust, peasant, damsel etc.) before Royal Madness. But the hurry up lights at different levels of completion? Like the second time for joust (for example)?
Or maybe the hurry up won’t light (even if you complete a ladder) if something else is going on in the game?

Pretty sure that’s not the case, at least on default strings. See my post above (as unclear as it was). You might have gotten a hurry up on the first catapult, but only if you’ve played the multiball madness already.

#4575 4 years ago

That seriously sucks if upgrades will not be available later on. With such a high price I simply cannot afford to get the better edition but in a years time I want to get all the upgrades.
You can still get a base model of the other machines so hopefully they WILL stock kits for base model owners looking to upgrade.

My dist in Canada said it will be here mid December. I wont hold my breath.

#4576 4 years ago

Shoutout to LTG or anybody who knows, I've just installed a shaker motor in my MMr and it's not working. I have noticed that the knocker hasn't been working also and checked that the plug was plugged in to the control board but I also read that the F4 fuse may be bad, I took it out and looked at the fuse but it looked OK and since all the fuses I have are the longer 30mm ones didn't change it. My question is does the shaker utilize the F4 fuse as well as the knocker, or am I looking at a different fuse? Thanks in advance.

#4577 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I took it out and looked at the fuse but it looked OK

That is why they invented meters. Never trust looked okay.

#4578 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is why they invented meters. Never trust looked okay.

I'm picking up some fuses they'll be here tomorrow, but does that fuse do both the shaker and knocker?

#4579 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

but does that fuse do both the shaker and knocker?

Manual doesn't say.

#4580 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Manual doesn't say.

Thanks! I guess I'll find out tomorrow and I'll report back.

#4581 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

DMD extender?

http://drpinball.co.uk/dmdextender.htm

8FB0B512-7D65-4132-98C2-7B09D7D411A4 (resized).jpeg8FB0B512-7D65-4132-98C2-7B09D7D411A4 (resized).jpeg
#4582 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

[quoted image]
Not gonna need this it looks like so I’ll pass it on if anyone wants it PM me. $80 plus shipping. Brand new. Gold logo version.

Sold off forum.

#4583 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Manual doesn't say.

LTG, I have new fuse in the game, the old one checked good btw, I still have no shaker action. I checked all fuses on the power supply board and they all check good, I can see the 2 LED's lit up that are supposed to be lit on the power supply board, but when I try to test the shaker the CR2 LED never lights up. Does anybody have a clue what the issue may be? I'm totally baffled here and really want the shaker motor

20191103_104527 (resized).jpg20191103_104527 (resized).jpg20191103_104643 (resized).jpg20191103_104643 (resized).jpg
#4584 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

LTG, I have new fuse in the game, the old one checked good btw, I still have no shaker action.

I'll alert your ticket to the engineer.

#4585 4 years ago

What were people’s thoughts on the Flip n out stream of the Royal Edition?
Did you feel the RGB was well integrated?
I did not catch the full stream but one thing I found interesting was hearing CGC’s Ryan White say that unless you buy the Royal Edition the topper RGB is not interactive with game play at this point in time. Which probably means the speaker lighting is not either. The topper looked great lighting up with playfield effects, flashers etc. but pretty hard for me to justify either the large display or the topper for the price, even more so if they are not integrated the same as the Royal edition. I liked the look of the playfield RGBs so will probably grab the kit for that. Fingers crossed someone brings out a speaker light kit that hooks into the Playfield RGB for the standard display.

#4586 4 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

I did not catch the full stream but one thing I found interesting was hearing CGC’s Ryan White say that unless you buy the Royal Edition the topper RGB is not interactive with game play at this point in time. Which probably means the speaker lighting is not either. The topper looked great lighting up with playfield effects, flashers etc. but pretty hard for me to justify either the large display or the topper for the price, even more so if they are not integrated the same as the Royal edition. I liked the look of the playfield RGBs so will probably grab the kit for that. Fingers crossed someone brings out a speaker light kit that hooks into the Playfield RGB for the standard display.

If that's true I am out.

#4587 4 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

If that's true I am out.

Just for clarity I should point out that he did state that the topper did have its own independent light show but it was not intergrated into the game play like the Royal edition. He also said the topper could be fitted to an original MM.

#4588 4 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Just for clarity I should point out that he did state that the topper did have its own independent light show but it was not intergrated into the game play like the Royal edition. He also said the topper could be fitted to an original MM.

How would the topper work with an original MM?

Pretty sure LTG mentioned it would not work.

#4589 4 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Do you have a link to this stream?

#4590 4 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

I did not catch the full stream but one thing I found interesting was hearing CGC’s Ryan White say that unless you buy the Royal Edition the topper RGB is not interactive with game play at this point in time. Which probably means the speaker lighting is not either.

Watched it, liked it. It is still a crapload of money for that topper although it does have some sweet lighting.

Do you have a timestamp for where they made those topper lighting statements, because I don’t remember hearing anything like that. Since they made a big deal about how this stuff was being made so current MMR owners wouldn’t be left behind I don’t think that would make a lot of sense but who knows.

I do remember they talked about if you put it on an original MM tho, and said there would be no lighting in that case however there may be something in the works for that. Maybe CGC/PPS is going into the high end toppers business.

I did think it was interesting that they basically dished that there have been 1000 standards made too, and that it sounds like the REs are already pretty much spoken for.

#4592 4 years ago

So The Royal has an upgraded sound package. Is this an upgrade kit option as well? The earlier MMRs need it.

#4593 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

So The Royal has an upgraded sound package. Is this an upgrade kit option as well? The earlier MMRs need it.

It’s part of the screen upgrade - new panel comes with new speakers.

#4594 4 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

The topper light show is integrated into all of the CGC remakes the same as it will be with the Royal Edition. You can hear this in the 58th minute of the podcast. It is not integrated for the original MM from the 90's.

#4595 4 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Just for clarity for those who tuned in late to the Flip N Out live stream last night. The topper and speaker kits are fully interactive with ALL Medieval Madness Remakes as will be the speakers. This is not exclusive to just Royal Edition games. We want all MMr Customers to have the full experience of what we can do now with our games.

#4596 4 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Just for clarity for those who tuned in late to the Flip N Out live stream last night. The topper and speaker kits are fully interactive with ALL Medieval Madness Remakes as will be the speakers. This is not exclusive to just Royal Edition games. We want all MMr Customers to have the full experience of what we can do now with our games.

YAY RYAN!

#4597 4 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Ryan, what is involved in upgrading the lighting?

#4598 4 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Great to hear Ryan. Thanks for clearing that up, I must have mistakenly thought you were talking about the MMR when you were talking about installing it on a MM.

#4599 4 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

My question is if u just buy the topper is that integrated into game play or do u have to buy the RGB lighting kit as well?

#4600 4 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Around the :58:00 mark, Ryan said that CGC is working with PPS to bring the Royal topper out for original MM owners as well, but w/o the interactivity...it’s a wait and see.

However, the Royal topper will be interactive with all of the remakes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 45.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.95
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/92?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.