image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 205.
#4501 4 years ago

Double post

#4502 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I'm doing it for the armor, black mirror blades and that new in box smell again, oh and the 2 years of warranty.

You be you Wack! Someone has to to it.

#4503 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Let me summarize it this way:
Srandard + powdercoating + shaker= LE
LE + Royal upgrade( topper, XL display, color changing LEDs)= Royal Edition.
Don't let the CGC marketing mental cases confuse you. They are basically taking their standards and adding those "mods" and calling it a "Royal Edition". Selling off your standards and LE's for this upgrade is silly unless you don't know how to use a screwdriver or need to call a tech to unstuck a ball. Everyone can have their very own "Royal Edition" if you buy the upgrade package. There is nothing exclusive to the Royal Edition that exists outside the Royal upgrade package unless you count black powdercoat which I personally prefer my gold powdercoat anyway.
I agree with others that say that CGC has skirted around the LE's by essentially offering the same thing LE's have plus the Royal upgrade package but at least they kept those numbers low and made the upgrade available to previous owners. They should have simply called it a standard edition with Royal upgrade plus powdercoat and shaker to avoid confusion. The only values falling theoretically will be on the originals in that the difference now becomes even greater compared to the fully upgraded remakes.

I agree with everything except I like my black LE powder coating I've played my MMR quite a bit the last few days and concluded that the lighting is great, the display is perfectly fine, and that I definitely need a topper. Without a topper the game looks a little out of place next to AFMRLE and MBRLE....I just installed the entire Cliffy set (which wasn't too bad), and the game blades from tilt graphics (they look great). After owning the other remakes I've concluded I'm not a big fan of the mirrored games blades as they scratch too easy

#4504 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I agree with everything except I like my black LE powder coating I've played my MMR quite a bit the last few days and concluded that the lighting is great, the display is perfectly fine, and that I definitely need a topper. Without a topper the game looks a little out of place next to AFMRLE and MBRLE....I just installed the entire Cliffy set (which wasn't too bad), and the game blades from tilt graphics (they look great). After owning the other remakes I've concluded I'm not a big fan of the mirrored games blades as they scratch too easy

I hate mirror blades, they reflect hurt my eyes and do scratch. I kind of prefer graphic blades like that on Black Knight and Jurassic Park, they are cool, the lit side blades on Alien are also awesome.

#4505 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Lol, I’m more like, gotta have that XL, RGB lighting is awesome but the topper is like, well... may as well go all the way, but I don’t NEED it.

I do think I’d rather have art blades than mirror blades too, and that’s a cheap upgrade.

#4506 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Lol, I’m more like, gotta have that XL, RGB lighting is awesome but the topper is like, well... may as well go all the way, but I don’t NEED it.
I do think I’d rather have art blades than mirror blades too, and that’s a cheap upgrade.

The bottom line is their all "nice to haves"....I just can't justify just tossing out a perfectly nice display. I also like the larger speakers in the display. The art blades from Tilt Graphics look pretty nice..I can send u a pic if you want?

#4507 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I'm doing it for the armor, black mirror blades and that new in box smell again, oh and the 2 years of warranty.

The black armor was offered on the LE's and was not very popular at the time with most LE's being gold trimmed. Again, you can powdercoat your armor to whatever color you like, I did.

I did the mirror blades 4 years ago and posted in post #50. I didn't like it and replaced it with inside Tilt Graffix. I also took out the mirror blades from my AFMrLE and put powerblades in. To each his own i guess.

As long as you have a clean non smoking home, you would be amazed how long that new pinball smell lasts.

Finally CGC build some of the best machines, built like tanks. I have had no major problems on my MMrLE, AFMrLE or my MBrLE. The warranty is nice for piece of mind but if you never have to use it, not really a big issue.

I guess all I got to say at this point since you will be a future owner is ..Welcome to the best club on Pinside.

#4508 4 years ago

The black armor was offered on the LE's and was not very popular at the time with most LE's being gold trimmed. Again, you can powdercoat your armor to whatever color you like, I did.
I did the mirror blades 4 years ago and posted in post #50. I didn't like it and replaced it with inside Tilt Graffix. I also took out the mirror blades from my AFMrLE and put powerblades in. To each his own i guess.
As long as you have a clean non smoking home, you would be amazed how long that new pinball smell lasts.
Finally CGC build some of the best machines, built like tanks. I have had no major problems on my MMrLE, AFMrLE or my MBrLE. The warranty is nice for piece of mind but if you never have to use it, not really a big issue.
I guess all I got to say at this point since you will be a future owner is ..Welcome to the best club on Pinside.

I sold my gold LE to get the Royal. The armor is black sparkle, not just black. Going to look amazing

#4509 4 years ago

#4510 4 years ago

We're any pics posted of the black sparkle powder coat?

#4511 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I agree with everything except I like my black LE powder coating I've played my MMR quite a bit the last few days and concluded that the lighting is great, the display is perfectly fine, and that I definitely need a topper.

That is how I feel too. I have a standard with Black Powder coating and a lot of mods. I am fine with the screen and lighting but want the topper. I would need to see more video of the lighting and understand what it takes to install before pulling the trigger. I know I am sticking with the current screen size and my already upgraded speakers.

#4512 4 years ago

fyi ... this black is not the same as the optional MMR LE black ... this is sprinkled with reflective bits ... I will try to get CGC to expose this a little more, but my understanding was on the game at Expo ...

#4513 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Well, with any luck, every time a troll pops up out of the playfield, it will remind you not to troll your fellow Pinsiders. Please, tell us one more time that you sold your LE to get an RE, preferably while insulting another pinsider who isn't as worthy. It wasn't about downvotes, wacky, it was about treating others here like shit.
And that will be all on that. Back to this great game. I'll get another eventually.

Wow! Wacky's getting a Royal - hadn't heard that

#4514 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

my understanding was on the game at Expo ...

Yes it was.

LTG : )

#4515 4 years ago

Can anyone say how GI is on this, was playing a MM before was a bit dark. Is there anything in menu or new light effects that improve GI?

Maybe mirror blades add a bit of illumination?

#4516 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can anyone say how GI is on this, was playing a MM before was a bit dark. Is there anything in menu or new light effects that improve GI?

Cheap solution - spotlights from pinball life...

#4517 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

We're any pics posted of the black sparkle powder coat?

Post 4388

Though you have to see it in person. Pictures don't do it justice.

#4518 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

That is how I feel too. I have a standard with Black Powder coating and a lot of mods. I am fine with the screen and lighting but want the topper. I would need to see more video of the lighting and understand what it takes to install before pulling the trigger. I know I am sticking with the current screen size and my already upgraded speakers.

mine has upgraded speaker, and a bunch of nice mods. On top of that the play field is perfect....if powder coat is your thing u can get it done relatively cheap. Mine just happened to have black, which I happen to like.

#4519 4 years ago

For those of you guys new to MMr, here's a good thread to help you with common issues that might come up....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-nib-repair-kit

I figure you'll have time to read it until your pins arrive

#4520 4 years ago

Maybe it will look something like this.Those that have seen it at the show can verify.

Black with metal flakes (resized).jpgBlack with metal flakes (resized).jpg
#4521 4 years ago

Hard to tell from pics but maybe this. A little less flakey.

spiced-black (resized).jpgspiced-black (resized).jpg
#4522 4 years ago

Maybe it will look something like this.Those that have seen it at the show can verify.[quoted image]

Looks like the same powder coat Stern used on BM66 LE

#4523 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Looks like the same powder coat Stern used on BM66 LE

Bigger flakes in BM66LE...I have one, and from pics, this seems more subtle, almost giving a black " sheen"...Excited to set it in person.

Carrying through coins door and all other armor aspects is much appreciated...should be gorgeous!!

#4524 4 years ago

I know everyone is flying high about the new MMrR, but I need to bring it back to Earth for a minute. My MMrSE just started having a trough switch issue. It's not really a switch issue; the switch works. But it looks like its come up too high and is hanging the ball. I checked my other machines, and the trough switch is low...barely above the trough.

A couple of taps on the front of the machine, and the ball will fall backward against the shooter. I'm sure the answer is "bend it", but I'm really wondering why it came up. Has anyone seen this before? Solutions?

MMr switch (1) (resized).jpgMMr switch (1) (resized).jpgMMr switch (2) (resized).jpgMMr switch (2) (resized).jpg
#4525 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I know everyone is flying high about the new MMrR, but I need to bring it back to Earth for a minute. My MMrSE just started having a trough switch issue. It's not really a switch issue; the switch works. But it looks like its come up too high and is hanging the ball. I checked my other machines, and the trough switch is low...barely above the trough.
A couple of taps on the front of the machine, and the ball will fall backward against the shooter. I'm sure the answer is "bend it", but I'm really wondering why it came up. Has anyone seen this before? Solutions?[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't know about "back to earth" as much as I'd call it "owning a pinball machine". In barely more time then it took you to type the above statement you could have adjusted the switch as needed. Clearly it is bent or loose, it shouldn't be leaning to the side like that.

#4526 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Has anyone seen this before? Solutions?

Yes, ball was snagging it and lifting and bending to the right. The wire part should be straight up and down, and a little lower.

a1e11d7b58901e096e8cab8c7324f5d2c8867fda (resized).jpga1e11d7b58901e096e8cab8c7324f5d2c8867fda (resized).jpg
#4527 4 years ago

The black armor was offered on the LE's and was not very popular at the time with most LE's being gold trimmed. .

I can’t say if this is accurate but... most people I know with MMR have black.

#4528 4 years ago

the black is a glossy black with a very slight sparkle. its almost identical to Black Knight:SOR LE with a tiny bit more sparkle. It also fingerprints good
What I like about it is the speaker panel also has the same coating.

Neil.

#4529 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

the black is a glossy black with a very slight sparkle. its almost identical to Black Knight:SOR LE with a tiny bit more sparkle. It also fingerprints good
What I like about it is the speaker panel also has the same coating.
Neil.

Sounds sweet!!!

#4530 4 years ago

Anyone hear an update when the new batch of games are expected to ship?

#4531 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

My distro told me yesterday that earlier in the week CGC told them they may ship earlier than anticipated. No specifics. I just laughed.. I have all the respect in the world for CGCs product but they are shit when it comes to respecting a schedule.. Time will tell if I was mistaken.

Cheers,

#4532 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I was still told " sometime in January, but delays can happen" for the RE.

Personally not concerned...earlier or on time would be great, but just happy I'm getting one..

#4533 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

My distro told me yesterday that earlier in the week CGC told them they may ship earlier than anticipated. No specifics. I just laughed.. I have all the respect in the world for CGCs product but they are shit when it comes to respecting a schedule.. Time will tell if I was mistaken.
Cheers,

I love CGC products, but they NEVER make schedule, but my history has been with a new product launch. My hope is that they already have parts in stock and its just a manufacturing issue. Also I got an email from my distributor last night confirming my upgrades for my email. The interesting thing is the email stated that these upgrades will only be available one time and not in the future...

"We do need to make sure you get the upgrades you want as this will be the only time to get them, so please reply to confirm and secure your upgrades. Payment will be needed later, and we will update at that time".

#4534 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I don't know about "back to earth" as much as I'd call it "owning a pinball machine". In barely more time then it took you to type the above statement you could have adjusted the switch as needed. Clearly it is bent or loose, it shouldn't be leaning to the side like that.

You've got a lot more time in on these machines than I do, so I just wanted to get some experienced opinions before I start twisting shit. Thanks for yours!

#4535 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

You've got a lot more time in on these machines than I do, so I just wanted to get some experienced opinions before I start twisting shit. Thanks for yours!

It really is a pretty easy fix. Just look at your other switches and make sure its straight up and down and the height is set properly. When u push down on it u should hear it engage the switch under the play field.

#4536 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I was still told " sometime in January, but delays can happen" for the RE.
Personally not concerned...earlier or on time would be great, but just happy I'm getting one..

Well I hope not before Christmas. I promised the GF a trip down south at that time so would have to tell her i have to cancel to stay home and wait for my MMr to arrive

#4537 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Well I hope not before Christmas. I promised the GF a trip down south at that time so would have to tell her i have to cancel to stay home and wait for my MMr to arrive

LOL I’m in the same situation. The MMR can sit at the distributor for the week I am gone if this happens!!

#4538 4 years ago

PPS just sent me an email to buy all the upgrades for 1499.97. I will not be doing this after all and replied to cancel my name off the list. Just can’t justify it aka convince my wife to splurge the cost of another game for these upgrades. Still taking heat over the color upgrade lol.

#4539 4 years ago

They gave a 1 to 3 month estimate to be ready to ship for those of you still in on this.

#4540 4 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

They gave a 1 to 3 month estimate to be ready to ship for those of you still in on this.

I got the same email....the one thing that did surprise me was the email stated that these upgrades are only available now and not it the future. Not sure if this is a sales pitch or reality....would need someone from PP or CGC to weigh in

#4541 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I got the same email....the one thing that did surprise me was the email stated that these upgrades are only available now and not in the future. Not sure if this is a sales pitch or reality....would need someone from PP or CGC to weigh in

#4542 4 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

PPS just sent me an email to buy all the upgrades for 1499.97. I will not be doing this after all and replied to cancel my name off the list. Just can’t justify it aka convince my wife to splurge the cost of another game for these upgrades. Still taking heat over the color upgrade lol.

I did the same thing. They are nice upgrades, but man they are pricey. I thought I’d get credit for having the color upgrade already, but seems the prices quoted are with the color upgrade already in the game. I can’t justify it even though i love what they did in mbR and AFMr. I’d be at almost $10k on my mmr compared to about 7 for my AFMr and mbR se.

#4543 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I did the same thing. They are nice upgrades, but man they are pricey. I thought I’d get credit for having the color upgrade already, but seems the prices quoted are with the color upgrade already in the game. I can’t justify it even though i love what they did in mbR and AFMr. I’d be at almost $10k on my mmr compared to about 7 for my AFMr and mbR se.

If you didn’t have color you’d have to buy it for another 200 (LE) or 400 (SE).

I’m curious what happened to the much more reasonable $99 (if bought with the topper) for the RGB GI mod myself.

I’m still in, but if push comes to shove the topper might have to go.

#4544 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

mine were not....my price was quoted assuming I already have the color chip...it was $1499 if u want all three upgrades....

#4545 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I got the same email....the one thing that did surprise me was the email stated that these upgrades are only available now and not it the future. Not sure if this is a sales pitch or reality....would need someone from PP or CGC to weigh in

I'm not w either, but it sure seemed like they stated the entire run (all models) would only be 500 units and that was it. Seems logical to believe that they only are going to make "x" amount of kits during the same period. Maybe I'm naive (not) but suspect they are simply bringing all models (they've only made 3, correct?) to an even par, with some cosmetic enhancements for the RE, allowing existing owners to upgrade now, before this ship has sailed.

Grateful this was revisited, and curious as to what #4 will be.

#4546 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

If you didn’t have color you’d have to buy it for another 200 (LE) or 400 (SE).
I’m curious what happened to the much more reasonable $99 (if bought with the topper) for the RGB GI mod myself.
I’m still in, but if push comes to shove the topper might have to go.

me too....in my case the display would go although $600 for a topper is a bit over the top. GGC makes a nice topper, but their effort has gone down hill since AFMRLE

#4547 4 years ago

I’m trying to understand this as I also received an invoice ( to be paid at time of shipping). The GI illumination kit is $249. So if you never purchased the color chip for $200 way back when, this new GI kit would now give you color? If so, it seems as if I wasted $200. Trying to understand this part of the upgrades.

#4548 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I’m trying to understand this as I also received an invoice ( to be paid at time of shipping). The GI illumination kit is $249. So if you never purchased the color chip for $200 way back when, this new GI kit would now give you color? If so, it seems as if I wasted $200. Trying to understand this part of the upgrades.

No the color option is for the display...if your the original LE owner u can buy the color chip for $200....if you were not an original LE owner than that chip costs u $400

#4549 4 years ago

Yes I know that. I was the original owner and bought the color chip for $200. My question is, is the color chip needed for the GI kit? In other words, let’s say you never got the color chip, will the new GI kit now give you color making the chip no longer required.

#4550 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Yes I know that. I was the original owner and bought the color chip for $200. My question is, is the color chip needed for the GI kit? In other words, let’s say you never got the color chip, will the new GI kit now give you color making the chip no longer required.

I don't think one has anything to do with the other....GI kit only addresses lighting on the play field.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/91?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.