IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 204.
#4451 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The ink was ever so slightly less bold, but in fact barely noticeable. It was an overblown crisis of pinside proportions!

OMG the drama!! Surprised we didn’t get a Hitler video out of it.

Can you tell me why I should buy Royal instead of buying 2 Stern pros (Maiden + SW for example). 6 flippers instead of 2.

I’m truly asking, I love MM but love other pins too.

I understand $10k is baller money but if sold down the road hard to lose more than $1500 ish. So it’s not that bad.

#4452 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can you tell me why I should buy Royal instead of buying 2 Stern pros (Maiden + SW for example). 6 flippers instead of 2.
I understand $10k is baller money but if sold down the road hard to lose more than $1500 ish. So it’s not that bad.

you sir may buy whatever pleases you.

#4453 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was a bit on the fence with that as well- getting two Pro's for slightly more - but then you look at what MM is and the fact that Stern is having playfield issues and they look like a mine field after a few hundred plays - it makes the new MMrRE make sense

#4454 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

you sir may buy whatever pleases you.

I know that just asking if you had to make an argument in favor of MM Royal.

#4455 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can you tell me why I should buy Royal

Because of great tech support. Should you ever need it. Which isn't likely with CGC's quality. They really stepped up their game.

LTG : )

#4456 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Because of great tech support. Should you ever need it. Which isn't likely with CGC's quality. They really stepped up their game.

LTG you are correct. My AFM LE had one minor issue was such a pleasure both in it being nearly trouble free but excellent support.

#4457 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The ink was ever so slightly less bold, but in fact barely noticeable. It was an overblown crisis of pinside proportions!

It was definitely noticeable. Still is. When lit, the king's men inserts are unreadable. My machine shipped with razor sharp side rails as well. I used a Bright Boy to dull the edges but they were shipped dangerously sharp and I had 2 kids under the age of 5. This was before CGC set up their own facilities and stopped contract manufacturing. My inserts were also, it seems, sanded for clear coat adhesion I imagine, but the inserts looked crackled as a result. Knowing exactly what it is though, I am not put off by it. Anyway, I love that pin, MMR. Lots of work putting in the Cliffys, Pinbits and Mantis protectors, but well worth the effort. CGC isn't perfect but I have been very happy with my MMR purchase 3 years ago.

#4458 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Owning all three, I would tell you from my personal perspective to buy the Maiden and SW if you had to choose. Not that MM isn't really fun, but it's not as fun as those two (bang for your buck wise). Fortunately I didn't have to make that choice and I can dish advice that I don't have to then take myself lol.

#4459 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I know that just asking if you had to make an argument in favor of MM Royal.

Nope, for me MMRRE is absolutely gorgeous and it was a no brainer to sell my LE to finance A Royal all brand new with all the bells and whistles and a 2 year warranty.

#4460 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Owning all three, I would tell you from my personal perspective to buy the Maiden and SW if you had to choose. Not that MM isn't really fun, but it's not as fun as those two (bang for your buck wise). Fortunately I didn't have to make that choice and I can dish advice that I don't have to then take myself lol.

Agreed.

#4461 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Excuse if I missed this. Weren’t the early build games having too faint ink lettering on the inserts? Was this ever corrected and have later versions been better inked?
Also have CGC games the same similar issues to Stern node boards?
I’m almost tempted to buy new for the extra warranty.

all I can tell you is my MMR AFMR are the most reliable games in my collection.

#4462 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

My machine shipped with razor sharp side rails as well.

CGC sources out shitty thin side rails. I measured them and found them to be about 15% thinner than the ones Marco supplies and 10% thinner than the ones that Pinball Resource has. They are so thin that when I powdercoated them, they immediately warped. I changed them to the Marco ones and repowdercoated everything using prismatic powders. Much better look and feel.

#4463 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Buy the $8000 mmr. Then you have the game pinside says is the best of all time for not much more than a stern pro. For me, I love it and my kid loves it. It's extremely challenging and doesn't have what I consider are silly playfield multiplier gimmicks like those two games you mention. Everyone is different though

#4464 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Buy the $8000 mmr. Then you have the game pinside says is the best of all time for not much more than a stern pro. For me, I love it and my kid loves it. It's extremely challenging and doesn't have what I consider are silly playfield multiplier gimmicks like those two games you mention. Everyone is different though

I think you mean Stern Premium.

#4465 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If you're asking, then I would suspect the answer is don't buy MMr anything.....the game is not inexpensive, and will never win a "two for the price of one" fiscal debate.

Can't get past the "true ask" in this case, except to understand why some would choose to spend more on something they want over something else that is less appealing for them. Buying these things are personal decisions, and one size doesn't fit all (thankfully).

I genuinely thought an owners thread would really have more excitement for this offering, as they've made a great version available to those that don't have one, while "doing square" for existing MMr owners. Instead, it's drifting to an "oranges vs. apples" discussion.

No drama, just typical Pinside....have to take it in doses.

#4466 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Nope, for me MMRRE is absolutely gorgeous and it was a no brainer to sell my LE to finance A Royal all brand new with all the bells and whistles and a 2 year warranty.

Here’s something hilarious...this wacky Pinsider went into the JJPOTC fan club to give me 15 downvotes a little earlier because she received one from me above and for saying it’s uncool to say another pinsider is jealous about MMR RE. Wow, I’ve been trolled, hidden in an old thread! Seriously, that’s wacky.

#4467 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Here’s something hilarious...this wacky Pinsider went into the JJPOTC fan club to give me 15 downvotes a little earlier because she received one from me above for saying it’s uncool to say another pinsider is jealous about MMR RE. Wow, I’ve been trolled, hidden in an old thread! Seriously, that’s wacky.

Mmmhmmmmmmm

#4468 4 years ago

Congrats, you are now responsible for 23 percent of my downvotes! Thanks for the honor! To dance around other less wealthy Pinsiders and mock them or taunt over your acquisition of a royal edition is just uncool. That’s why I spoke up. Wacky, be nice. Moderator time.

#4469 4 years ago
E3F98D69-4B26-480A-ADCF-5AFEC22BCB27 (resized).jpegE3F98D69-4B26-480A-ADCF-5AFEC22BCB27 (resized).jpeg
#4470 4 years ago

Your 50 downvotes of other Pinsiders today have been reversed. See, the system works.

#4471 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Your 50 downvotes of other Pinsiders today have been reversed. See, the system works.

Ok.

#4472 4 years ago

I’m sorry. I’m just giddy over MMRRE, apparently some people are super sensitive about downvotes. Sorry

#4473 4 years ago

Not really to downvotes so much as to trolling behavior. More concerned that some Pinsiders may mock or taunt others who are less fortunate. It takes some extra energy to go deep into threads to downvote people on things the troll doesn’t even care about, and that behavior is worth pointing out. You’re getting a nice MMR, that’s great, but it would have been a good idea to upgrade your LE. It’s the same thing.

#4474 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Not really to downvotes so much as to trolling behavior. More concerned that some Pinsiders may mock or taunt others who are less fortunate. It takes some extra energy to go deep into threads to downvote people on things the troll doesn’t even care about, and that behavior is worth pointing out. You’re getting a nice MMR, that’s great, but it would have been a good idea to upgrade your LE. It’s the same thing.

It doesn’t take extra work. It’s easy........and my down votes are just my opinion

#4475 4 years ago

Whatever, Wacky. I’m done here.

#4476 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Whatever, Wacky. I’m done here.

Just for perspective. What has you all fired up is my response to someone who said:
Based on review of these posts, “ LE’s” and “RE’s” are more about “look what I’ve got” or “look at me” than enjoying and playing pinball.

I was simply replying to mockery with mockery, you’ve taken things to a whole new level with your threats of intimidation. I’m not a bully, as you’ve implied in your numerous PMs to me.

#4477 4 years ago

Wacky, whatever. I pm’d to ask for peaceful avoidance. Enough. Off to do other things.

#4478 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Wacky, whatever. I pm’d to ask for peaceful avoidance. Enough. Off to do other things.

I accept your apology

#4479 4 years ago

Apologies if it has been asked already, bit does anyone know of the topper would work on an original MM?

#4480 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Apologies if it has been asked already, bit does anyone know of the topper would work on an original MM?

Unfortunately no, different electronics

#4481 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Unfortunately no, different electronics

No software support in MM either for the light show.

#4482 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I genuinely thought an owners thread.. Instead, it's drifting to an "oranges vs. apples" discussion.
No drama, just typical Pinside....have to take it in doses.

You mad bro?

I know this is an owners thread. I never said one thing bad about MM, I’m soliciting opinions from owners who feel it’s one of the best pins. It’d be like if I was going to buy a Porsche, I’d go to a Porsche forum and ask a question what makes it so special. I wouldn’t go to a Miata forum and ask if I should buy a Porsche.

#4483 4 years ago

Personally, I think the SE is the best value. That's a LOT of extra stuff for $1k. Larger DMD and better sound add quite a bit to the overall experience of the game. For people who want to spend another $1K for a topper and trim, they can as well. I don't quite buy the "interactive" topper part, but when you're spending $9K what's another $1K at that point.

#4484 4 years ago

I’ll likely be in on an SE. The topper although nice, doesn’t do anything for me personally. I also prefer the Tilt blades over the mirrored ones.

#4485 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Personally, I think the SE is the best value. That's a LOT of extra stuff for $1k. Larger DMD and better sound add quite a bit to the overall experience of the game. For people who want to spend another $1K for a topper and trim, they can as well. I don't quite buy the "interactive" topper part, but when you're spending $9K what's another $1K at that point.

Apologize if I missed this mentioned already: Is there a sound upgrade over early SEs? This is the only thing I feel is lacking on my 3 yr old machine.

#4486 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No software support in MM either for the light show.

Hmmmm... Maybe I'll get the topper and just wire in some LED strips!

Also, anyone interested in purchasing a spare moat for MMR? I no longer have the game, but I know the most on my MM eventually cracked, so have a replacement is a pretty good idea.

They're $89 on Planetary, but I'll sell for $70. PM if interested. Will ship anywhere in Canada/USA.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-A-21703

#4487 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I went in for the Royal. I wanted everything in SE, but I wanted the topper as well. That would have made the difference $350. I was likely going to later on get the shaker motor. The reason I then picked Royal over SE + upgrades is that it was like 150-200 more for double the warranty, which is worth it in my opinion.

#4488 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Apologize if I missed this mentioned already: Is there a sound upgrade over early SEs? This is the only thing I feel is lacking on my 3 yr old machine.

Totally agree. Hopefully there’s a software update available to everyone for improved sound.

#4489 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You mad bro?
I know this is an owners thread. I never said one thing bad about MM, I’m soliciting opinions from owners who feel it’s one of the best pins. It’d be like if I was going to buy a Porsche, I’d go to a Porsche forum and ask a question what makes it so special. I wouldn’t go to a Miata forum and ask if I should buy a Porsche.

No, not at all, Pinbud.....re-read my post, realizing I was touching on several items in there...all good

Your analogy does hit precisely on my confusion of ask however.....suspect if you went in a Porsche forum as they were talking about their "new and shiney" (worth more than all of our collections) asking if it was worth it compared to (2x) Miatas, Corvettes, etc. it would be hard to gain insight.

MM, now MMr is what it is in the pinball world.. a desirable and relatively expensive machine. I'm in on the RE as I don't own an MM or MMr, and this version is very appealing to me. So it's worth it to me, over (2x) other machines of equal "value"( a subjective word). My pinball addiction searches for machines that scratch an itch that my others don't...so I look at them differently. That's just me.

Hope that clears up my perspective a bit, and good luck, regardless of your direction.....

#4490 4 years ago

Got it.

I’m going through my own debate, love all my current pins and need to decide if I want to sell one in order to get MM or just keep all and add a cheaper pin.

#4491 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Congrats, you are now responsible for 23 percent of my downvotes! Thanks for the honor! To dance around other less wealthy Pinsiders and mock them or taunt over your acquisition of a royal edition is just uncool. That’s why I spoke up. Wacky, be nice. Moderator time.

Well, my positive pinside rating went from 96 to 84% after posting in the non--owner thread about the new MMr changes over some initial concerns and misunderstanding of how CCG was handling the changes for existing owners.

This site can be odd at times. I no longer comment in that thread and I learned there can be some pettiness mixed in with a mob mentality sometimes if a post is misinformed or against others prevailing ideas or opinions of a thread.

#4492 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

positive pinside rating

... What is this 'pinside rating'?

#4493 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

... What is this 'pinside rating'?

It isn't a big deal. Percentage of how many up or down votes your posts have received over time.

#4494 4 years ago

Fellas, fellas, let’s put this all behind us so we can get back to being loathed by all the original MM owners as a cohesive unit.

#4495 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It isn't a big deal. Percentage of how many up or down votes your posts have received over time.

Huh. Never knew that was a thing. Okay then.

#4496 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Fellas, fellas, let’s put this all behind us so we can get back to being loathed by all the original MM owners as a cohesive unit.

LOL. I guess it is our turn.

I do think part of the reaction there was that I was an owner concerned about my game's value dropping based on the changes.

The other part was me expressing that I was happy they were keeping the price structure basically the same for MMr instead of dropping it to AFM r & MBr levels. Dont think that is a sentiment many in that thread share.

#4497 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Huh. Never knew that was a thing. Okay then.

Some people are psycho about their thumbs up/down rating. I had a guy go off on me last night over it and he whined to the moderators and they reversed all of my thumbs down for the day. So stupid. I think if people can't handle it and they start moderating thumbs up/down then just get rid of the whole stupid thing.

#4498 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

LOL. I guess it is our turn.
I do think part of the reaction there was that I was an owner concerned about my game's value dropping based on the changes.
The other part was me expressing that I was happy they were keeping the price structure basically the same for MMr instead of dropping it to AFM r & MBr levels. Dont think that is a sentiment many in that thread share.

Let me summarize it this way:

Srandard + powdercoating + shaker= LE

LE + Royal upgrade( topper, XL display, color changing LEDs)= Royal Edition.

Don't let the CGC marketing mental cases confuse you. They are basically taking their standards and adding those "mods" and calling it a "Royal Edition". Selling off your standards and LE's for this upgrade is silly unless you don't know how to use a screwdriver or need to call a tech to unstuck a ball. Everyone can have their very own "Royal Edition" if you buy the upgrade package. There is nothing exclusive to the Royal Edition that exists outside the Royal upgrade package unless you count black powdercoat which I personally prefer my gold powdercoat anyway.

I agree with others that say that CGC has skirted around the LE's by essentially offering the same thing LE's have plus the Royal upgrade package but at least they kept those numbers low and made the upgrade available to previous owners. They should have simply called it a standard edition with Royal upgrade plus powdercoat and shaker to avoid confusion. The only values falling theoretically will be on the originals in that the difference now becomes even greater compared to the fully upgraded remakes.

#4499 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Don't let the CGC marketing mental cases confuse you. They are basically taking their standards and adding those "mods" and calling it a "Royal Edition". Selling off your standards and LE's for this upgrade is silly unless you don't know how to use a screwdriver or need to call a tech to unstuck a ball. Everyone can have their very own "Royal Edition" if you buy the upgrade package. There is nothing exclusive to the Royal Edition that exists outside the Royal upgrade package unless you count black powdercoat which I personally prefer my gold powdercoat anyway.
I agree with others that say that CGC has skirted around the LE's by essentially offering the same thing LE's have plus the Royal upgrade package but at least they kept those numbers low and made the upgrade available to previous owners. They should have simply called it a standard edition with Royal upgrade plus powdercoat and shaker to avoid confusion. The only values falling theoretically will be on the originals in that the difference now becomes even greater compared to the fully upgraded remakes.

Essentially an LE owner will have a serialized plaque pronouncing it a limited edition and with the upgrades you basicallly have a limited edition Royal.

#4500 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I'm doing it for the armor, black mirror blades and that new in box smell again, oh and the 2 years of warranty.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.