pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4964 (resized).jpg
4C8FDAFC-769B-43C2-9DDA-665D2DFBB7CB.gif
IMG_4440 (resized).jpg
Trollface (resized).JPG
20210915_212829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 178.
#4401 2 years ago

From what it looks like a MMRRE is sold out or close too. Limited to 200

#4402 2 years ago

Any distributors out there with a Royal Edition available pm me. Thanks!

#4403 2 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Why would they limit it to 200? Makes no sense.

#4404 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why would they limit it to 200? Makes no sense.

To get people all hot and bothered for one, methinks.

#4405 2 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Where did you get this information? I have not heard this at all.

#4406 2 years ago

Based on review of these posts, “ LE’s” and “RE’s” are more about “look what I’ve got” or “look at me” than enjoying and playing pinball. Some of these for sale adds are “HUO with less than 100 plays” for a game that’s 3 years old. I have over 100 plays in 2 weeks on my new MMr. How do you guys resist playing the shit out of this game?

#4407 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Based on review of these posts, “ LE’s” and “RE’s” are more about “look what I’ve got” or “look at me” than enjoying and playing pinball. Some of these for sale adds are “HUO with less than 100 plays” for a game that’s 3 years old. I have over 100 plays in 2 weeks on my new MMr. How do you guys resist playing the shit out of this game?

Can assure you once I get my RE, it will be major honeymoon phase, and I'll be playing the crap out it...Like all my others...

Only thing I like more than playing is tinkering w them. Don't see much of that happening here...

#4408 2 years ago

rolled back odometer?

#4409 2 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I Highly doubt it + their not limiting the game....they'll keep building these for years as long as people pay...2 years from now it will be the Royal XL version, then the royal blue version, and so on

#4410 2 years ago

Neither of my distributors are responding when asked about how to upgrade the lighting or when they are taking orders.
Has anyone placed an order for the upgrades and if so through who?

#4411 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:I Highly doubt it + their not limiting the game....they'll keep building these for years as long as people pay...2 years from now it will be the Royal XL version, then the royal blue version, and so on

Yeah Im not falling for this again. Only 200 .. yeah right, thats what they will say now. Already bought all these LEs and CEs, name doesnt mean nothing.

#4412 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yeah Im not falling for this again. Only 200 .. yeah right, thats what they will say now. Already bought all these LEs and CEs, name doesnt mean nothing.

CGC claims that the SE and Royal are just upgraded MMR's, but if that was the case than MMR owners should be able to buy the powder coating options as well. So its really CGC skating around the LE issue

#4413 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CGC claims that the SE and Royal are just upgraded MMR's, but if that was the case than MMR owners should be able to buy the powder coating options as well. So its really CGC skating around the LE issue

I know this is not a possibility, and probably way out there, but if they wanted to keep LE owners happy, they could have sold the kits and introduced SE or classic editions but not this royal edition. Im still confused does the royal edition have an emblem or a numbered plaque like the LE does? Not that it matters.

#4414 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

For those of us that are in on the Royal I am sure we (for the most part) don't care if they are numbered or not it was just the opportunity to get the full monty in one go. I do know that CGC was already committed to another run of the MMr prior to this upgrade for the LE owners and RE for those that wanted one. If demand is there maybe they run more who knows or cares. These guys are in the business to make $$/sell pins and that is good for the hobby. I for one would like to know what the next remake is going to be but that's a topic for another thread already out there.

#4415 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I know this is not a possibility, and probably way out there, but if they wanted to keep LE owners happy, they could have sold the kits and introduced SE or classic editions but not this royal edition. Im still confused does the royal edition have an emblem or a numbered plaque like the LE does? Not that it matters.

I highly doubt it, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. My guess is they will make these as long as people are willing to pay $10K....I'm all for CGC making bank on this game. That just means they'll have more cash to make more remakes

#4416 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No you wouldn't ( to me anyway)..

To each their own!

#4417 2 years ago

We have royal editions available ... contact sara at [email protected] ... not sure for how long but as of now we have confirmed allocation of MMR REs ... that means if we put you on the list you will get one ...

#4418 2 years ago

does anyone have a better pic of the mirror blades and the powder coat?

#4419 2 years ago

So upgrading an MMR LE is about the same price as buying a royal edition.

If I did not want to upgrade and buy a royal mmr how much is a HUO MMR LE going for nowadays?

#4420 2 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

So upgrading an MMR LE is about the same price as buying a royal edition.
If I did not want to upgrade and buy a royal mmr how much is a HUO MMR LE going for nowadays?

Yep....$7800-$8500 depending on mods, condition, game plays, ect...its a little cheaper to upgrade your LE (if u already have the color chip)...$650+$600+$250

#4421 2 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

For those of us that are in on the Royal I am sure we (for the most part) don't care if they are numbered or not it was just the opportunity to get the full monty in one go. I do know that CGC was already committed to another run of the MMr prior to this upgrade for the LE owners and RE for those that wanted one. If demand is there maybe they run more who knows or cares. These guys are in the business to make $$/sell pins and that is good for the hobby. I for one would like to know what the next remake is going to be but that's a topic for another thread already out there.

Well put....maybe all the LE's should just scratch the #'s off...(kidding)

CGC did an amazing job, imho, providing options for existing owners. If someone wants to buy an RE, SE, etc. and pay for the extras, I can't see why anyone cares. They wanted the RE to be unique in it's own way, hence the black w metal sparkle armor. Hard to imagine that the RE will be produced without some sort of label, #, or something to identify it. If they made another version, I'd expect the same. People have to pay MORE for the RE, so why doesn't it make sense?

Anyway, same discussion comes up in all the "LE" threads....glad CGC took a great approach with this run....

#4422 2 years ago

So what should I do , keep the LE and upgrade, or get the Royal. I mean I grew up playing MM, its my favorite..... Ugh.. Ill just go for the royal I guess

#4423 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So what should I do , keep the LE and upgrade, or get the Royal. I mean I grew up playing MM, its my favorite..... Ugh.. Ill just go for the royal I guess

I personally wouldn't do that if I were in your shoes (and I am). Taking a hit on the MMR used sale from the retail price that I paid for it (plus shipping) and re-buying now to include tax (and paying for shipping again) for what you could get for much less by upgrading your existing MMRLE. Plus I don't have to pay $600 for a topper that while nice, is not worth that much IMHO. Mainly the display is what I would be interested in and possibly the controlled lamps. The laseriffic MM topper I have is pretty darn cool and I have no interest in paying more than twice as much for the new one.

Obviously too each their own but that's my train of thought.... I think the limited seeming nature of the edition is causing some knee jerk FOMO decisions (as I have been guilty of in the past as well, someone say Alien?).

#4424 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I personally wouldn't do that if I were in your shoes (and I am). Taking a hit on the MMR used sale from the retail price that I paid for it (plus shipping) and re-buying now to include tax (and paying for shipping again) for what you could get for much less by upgrading your existing MMRLE. Plus I don't have to pay $600 for a topper that while nice, is not worth that much IMHO. Mainly the display is what I would be interested in and possibly the controlled lamps. The laseriffic MM topper I have is pretty darn cool and I have no interest in paying more than twice as much for the new one.
Obviously too each their own but that's my train of thought.... I think the limited seeming nature of the edition is causing some knee jerk FOMO decisions (as I have been guilty of in the past as well, someone say Alien?).

I'm with ya (in the same shoes)....although my issue is paying the $650 for the new display and just throwing my other one in the trash....seems like a waste to me...I'm more likely to buy the topper and possibly the lighting if its not too much work to upgrade.

#4425 2 years ago

I could have bought an LE or an SE a couple of years ago and saved some money with the SE and adding on the shaker. The only thing my SE misses is a numbered plate, but that wasn’t important to me. I’m in on all 3 upgrades, but even if the black powder coating was an upgrade option, I would not get it. I’m just not feeling the black. I love the way the stainless looks on most pins and especially MMr. It’s all a matter of personal taste.

#4426 2 years ago

Well I got sucked into the beauty and plunked down a royale deposit.

The bug has bitten me and the games are starting to add up.

Can’t say I wasn’t warned.

#4427 2 years ago

As long as the LE and soon to be Royal owners remember that there will be an MMR for every home that wants one.

4EC2F4FD-0D26-4436-B94F-BF22E61BD83C (resized).jpeg
#4428 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

As long as the LE and soon to be Royal owners remember that there will be an MMR for every home that wants one.[quoted image]

You mean, that can afford one.

#4429 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You mean, that can afford one.

Base model is 8k. Years ago you got laughed at for trying to buy one for that. So yeah. If you can afford one.

#4430 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Base model is 8k. Years ago you got laughed at for trying to buy one for that. So yeah. If you can afford one.

More Years ago I could have bought two for $8000.

#4431 2 years ago

The Royal at 200 units will always be unique and will probably hold its value the best. It’s the best overall machine, most add ons, and I don’t believe they will make any more “editions”. This was made just to be on par with their more recent LE releases.

#4432 2 years ago
Quoted from slavin20:

The Royal at 200 units will always be unique and will probably hold its value the best. It’s the best overall machine, most add ons, and I don’t believe they will make any more “editions”. This was made just to be on par with their more recent LE releases.

zero chance your correct.....if there is demand they will make this version/game for years to come.

#4433 2 years ago

I spoke with Sara at Planetary today. She confirmed that CGC did NOT specify how many Royals they're going to make. CGC only stated that as of right now they're making 500 games in all (CE,SE,RE)
Nick

#4434 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Well I got sucked into the beauty and plunked down a royale deposit.
The bug has bitten me and the games are starting to add up.
Can’t say I wasn’t warned.

It's a documented illness for sure.... therapy did nothing for me...

#4435 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

zero chance your correct.....if there is demand they will make this version/game for years to come.

Yes. For a 30 years already designed pin rank nb 1, you could create demands forever since there will be always buyers who will want to have the top notch with the most feature possible.
Now I ve heard a lot on JJP and Stern price, but this one is a 30 years old pin already designed and quality test passed, so it’s not cheap.
Also, LCD screen is cheap too: much cheaper than a dot or even a rgb led. Price is adapted with demand there.
Maybe the best deal would be just to not upgrade but just buying a used one which will be cheaper thanks to that...

#4436 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Time is linear. So are pin prices it seems.

#4437 2 years ago

Did I miss a video from CGC showing off the RE?

#4438 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Time is linear. So are pin prices it seems.

Agreed...and gas was .45 a gallon.

$$$ very relative to timeline.

This is the MMr thread....Correct?

I'm excited to get this Pin, dammit!!!!

#4439 2 years ago

Just ordered the Royal upgrade for my MMr Limited Edition. Can't wait to see it transform to MMr Royal Limited Edition.

#4440 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Just ordered the Royal upgrade for my MMr Limited Edition. Can't wait to see it transform to MMr Royal Limited Edition.

Your ordered the upgrades already or u got put on a list? I'm on Planetary Pinballs list, but they haven't taken any official orders (to my knowledge)

#4441 2 years ago

My distro has my CC on file and ordered one for me as well as the next CGC game #4. When they arrive is another story.

#4442 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Years ago I did buy two for $8k, 16 years back to be exact... I’m gonna sit out the RE but no doubt will upgrade another Standard at some point. Stainless just looks great on MMR, kinda like broadswords. The blue powdercoat on MBrLE is a thing of beauty though, so my opinion varies between games. And I prefer the black sides over mirrored glass. So for now, I’m sitting out and hoping Alien remake actually happens. RE is the king though, it looks amazing!

#4443 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

My distro has my CC on file and ordered one for me as well as the next CGC game #4. When they arrive is another story.

Gotcha so your on a list. Planetary, which is probably the biggest CGC dealer in the states doesn't put your CC on file....they add you to the list and let you know when their available to order. Maybe they do things differently in Canada

#4444 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I think the limited seeming nature of the edition is causing some knee jerk FOMO decisions (as I have been guilty of in the past as well, someone say Alien?).

Me too!
FOMO is a very real and powerful phenomenon!

#4445 2 years ago

I'm a LE owner and I have no gripes because of the Royal Edition.

Unlike most LE's the MMR LE cost no extra, it was just the first 1000 made and came with extra stuff to entice early buyers. Good deal for us.

They gave us LE and Standard owners a far better upgrade path than I expected with the topper and XL screen and the RGB lighting, and you gotta give them credit for that.

I think at the end of the day a fully upgraded LE will carry a certain weight, as will a non upgraded stock one, as will an RE, and every one will have a buyer when it's time to sell.

#4446 2 years ago

I had 886 plays on my LE before I sold it to cash out for a Royal Edition, have no fears jealous man, I will play that crap out of it too.

#4447 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I had 886 plays on my LE before I sold it to cash out for a Royal Edition, have no fears jealous man, I will play that crap out of it too.

I am in the same boat with my MBrLE have like 400 plays on it vso far now cant wait for the new Royal so i can play it too. Looking is cool but playing is sooooo much better

#4448 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Jealous man? I think he was saying he has the same pinball machine.

#4449 2 years ago

Excuse if I missed this. Weren’t the early build games having too faint ink lettering on the inserts? Was this ever corrected and have later versions been better inked?

Also have CGC games the same similar issues to Stern node boards?

I’m almost tempted to buy new for the extra warranty.

#4450 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Excuse if I missed this. Weren’t the early build games having too faint ink lettering on the inserts? Was this ever corrected or was it just ‘normal variant’?

The ink was ever so slightly less bold, but in fact barely noticeable. It was an overblown crisis of pinside proportions!

There are 8,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 178.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside