image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 205.
#4351 4 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

I wanted to jump in for some clarity on the upcoming Medieval Madness Production.
As we started thinking about Medieval Madness and the upcoming production run, we wanted to bring the look up to date with our other games (AFM and MB).
We know the community wanted the XL display for Medieval Madness, and many have expressed interest in a CGC topper for the game. They wanted it to look the same as AFM and MB when it was sitting in next to them.
We came up with the idea of update kits that are available for all current Medieval Madness owners, and worked hard on making that a reality. All existing Medieval Madness owners will be able to purchase the updates through their CGC dealer as well as Planetary Pinball Supply, and install the kits for themselves or with the assistance of their dealer.
We also knew a certain number of people would want to have the kits preinstalled by CGC at the factory. So we designed and launched the Special Edition and the Royal Edition. These 2 models are both priced as a Classic Medieval Madness with the cost of the update kits added.
The Royal Edition we then decided to add the Black Diamond powdercoating to all the trim on the game to give it a very refined look. We liked the look of the Black Diamond powdercoating on the armor so much that we decided to add it to the speaker panel, coin door, lower arch/apron, and hinges.
We want all of our customers to be able to have the best of what we can build, and we did that by offering the upgrade kits for all existing CGC Medieval Madness games, and wanted to offer new customers the ability to experience what we are doing at CGC.
I encourage everybody who owns a CGC Medieval Madness to look into the update kits. It is a cost effective way to update your Limited Edition and Standard Edition Medieval Madness to look like the other CGC games we manufacturer.[quoted image]

I think you guys did a great job for us current MMr Owners! Probably would have been a lot easier for you guys just to produce the new versions, not the kits, and we would have been out of luck. Can't wait to get my kits!

#4352 4 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

I wanted to jump in for some clarity on the upcoming Medieval Madness Production.
As we started thinking about Medieval Madness and the upcoming production run, we wanted to bring the look up to date with our other games (AFM and MB).
We know the community wanted the XL display for Medieval Madness, and many have expressed interest in a CGC topper for the game. They wanted it to look the same as AFM and MB when it was sitting in next to them.
We came up with the idea of update kits that are available for all current Medieval Madness owners, and worked hard on making that a reality. All existing Medieval Madness owners will be able to purchase the updates through their CGC dealer as well as Planetary Pinball Supply, and install the kits for themselves or with the assistance of their dealer.
We also knew a certain number of people would want to have the kits preinstalled by CGC at the factory. So we designed and launched the Special Edition and the Royal Edition. These 2 models are both priced as a Classic Medieval Madness with the cost of the update kits added.
The Royal Edition we then decided to add the Black Diamond powdercoating to all the trim on the game to give it a very refined look. We liked the look of the Black Diamond powdercoating on the armor so much that we decided to add it to the speaker panel, coin door, lower arch/apron, and hinges. The Royal Edition was designed to showcase all the kits available for Medieval Madness.
We will be building 500 total Medieval Madness machines during this time. A limited amount of these will be manufactured as the Royal Edition with all the features installed at the factory. We will not be manufacturing the Royal Edition again. We are treating it like all of our Limited Edition games and only manufacturing them the one time.
We want all of our customers to be able to have the best of what we can build, and we did that by offering the upgrade kits for all existing CGC Medieval Madness games, and wanted to offer new customers the ability to experience what we are doing at CGC.
I encourage everybody who owns a CGC Medieval Madness to look into the update kits. It is a cost effective way to update your Limited Edition and Standard Edition Medieval Madness to look like the other CGC games we manufacturer.
[quoted image]

pigment_cards139_1024x1024.pngpigment_cards139_1024x1024.png
#4353 4 years ago

I have a LE gold MMr. I'm not sure about the topper, or XL display because of price. And neither changes gameplay. I'm interested in the GI upgrade. But will have to see good videos of it in action first.

#4354 4 years ago

My game has this topper....

If I buy the new topper can I add a plug the old one and put it on a shelf to light up?

MMr1 (resized).jpgMMr1 (resized).jpg
#4355 4 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

The Royal Edition we then decided to add the Black Diamond powdercoating to all the trim on the game to give it a very refined look. We liked the look of the Black Diamond powdercoating on the armor so much that we decided to add it to the speaker panel, coin door, lower arch/apron, and hinges. The Royal Edition was designed to showcase all the kits available for Medieval Madness.
We will be building 500 total Medieval Madness machines during this time. A limited amount of these will be manufactured as the Royal Edition with all the features installed at the factory. We will not be manufacturing the Royal Edition again. We are treating it like all of our Limited Edition games and only manufacturing them the one time.
I encourage everybody who owns a CGC Medieval Madness to look into the update kits. It is a cost effective way to update your Limited Edition and Standard Edition Medieval Madness to look like the other CGC games we manufacturer.
[quoted image]

Thank you for the information @cgc-ryan. A question for you: the RGB update kit only states that it is general illumination, but the royal edition has GI and backbox upgrades for RGB. Is this a typo and the $249 gets you GI and backbox, or will there be no backbox upgrade kit for existing owners?

#4356 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

My game has this topper....
If I buy the new topper can I add a plug the old one and put it on a shelf to light up?[quoted image]

Pretty sure it's 12v DC not 120 AC. You would have to find a 12vdc transfomer or power source....

#4357 4 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

[quoted image]

Thanks for this info....for those of us that don't have a MMr, a no brainer!!!!

#4358 4 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Pretty sure it's 12v DC not 120 AC. You would have to find a 12vdc transfomer or power source....

Ok - so maybe something like this would work?

https://www.amazon.com/BINZET-Transformer-120V-130V-Convertor-Regulator/dp/B00JRX360W/ref=sr_1_2_sspa

#4359 4 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

[quoted image]

Thanks!

do you have any pictures of the black trim? I am on the fence and this is the main feature that would decide for me.

#4360 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

do you have any pictures of the black trim?

Do you mean what is on the Royal version ? Pictures might not do it justice. The tiny bit of sparkle has to be seen in person.

LTG : )

#4361 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Ok - so maybe something like this would work?
amazon.com link »

I was thinking more like this, but either/or...

https://www.amazon.com/TMEZON-Power-Adapter-Supply-2-1mm/dp/B00Q2E5IXW/ref=mp_s_a_1_7

#4362 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Do you mean what is on the Royal version ? Pictures might not do it justice. The tiny bit of sparkle has to be seen in person.

Yes picture of the Royal trim. I realize won't get the sparkle effect but wanted to see the overall look with all the trim black pieces.

#4363 4 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

[quoted image]

CGC-Ryan Does this mean that Royal Edition will be numbered like other LE games?

#4364 4 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

cgc-ryan Does this mean that Royal Edition will be numbered like other LE games?

Per his email all your doing is purchasing upgrades and having CGC install so I highly doubt they would be numbered. You get the powder coating, topper, and the shaker for the additional $1K (SE to Royal) ... looks like their charging $250 for the powder coat

#4365 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am on the fence and this is the main feature that would decide for me.

You know you want the game! You have been going back and forth and are still here. Get the game and don't look back.

#4366 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes picture of the Royal trim. I realize won't get the sparkle effect but wanted to see the overall look with all the trim black pieces.

Black looks great on MMR....I have the black trim on my LE

#4367 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

do you have any pictures of the black trim?

Look above at post 4354. I posted a pic of my game with black trim. It was a standard that was powdered coated but it gives you an idea. The game looks great in black and I am sure with some sparkle it will look even better.

#4368 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinball-expo-thread/page/23?gallery&&&&galleryp=3

From the Expo thread may help you.

#4369 4 years ago

thanks all.

I will be playing MM and a few other pins next week to see if I'm in.

#4370 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

...You get the powder coating, topper, and the shaker for the additional $1K (SE to Royal) ... looks like their charging $250 for the powder coat

Also the mirror blades and double warranty... so not quite $250 powder coat.

#4371 4 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Good point...forgot about the blades so if your truly just buying a standard MMR and paying CGC to install upgrades then why isn't the powder coated trim an option for purchase?

#4372 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Good point...forgot about the blades so if your truly just buying a standard MMR and paying CGC to install upgrades then why isn't the powder coated trim an option for purchase?

I guess that makes the Royal the Royal?? has to be a little something to differentiate being you dont get any kind of plaque that I can see making it a numbered addition which is kind of odd as this version will be more limited than the LE's

#4373 4 years ago

Is production starting Nov 1 as promised or are delayed again

#4374 4 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

+1!!!

I think they did an amazing job to accommodate current owners, in addition to adding real value for new buyers who choose the RE.

(that powder job would not be cheap, either, considering all the parts they did, factoring disassembly, time, reassembly on another model you wanted to make identical to the RE)

The RE's will genuinely be limited just by the # being built and only 1 run. Having them #'d could be cool, but doesn't really matter to me.

If they make another version down the road as a different limited run, who cares (though they haven't done that to my knowledge...JJP is the only company rehashing LE's correct?) This is the one I want, so pretty sure I'll be happy.

#4375 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If they make another version down the road as a different limited run, who cares (though they haven't done that to my knowledge...JJP is the only company rehashing LE's correct?).

WTF???? They (CGC) are doing it right now!!! You are buying a rehash of the LE.

#4376 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

WTF???? They (CGC) are doing it right now!!! You are buying a rehash of the LE.

Wait a minute.....you're right!!! this LE shit gets confusing....

The rehash of WOZ ECLE would be RR, then YBR (?)

Now MMrLE rehash is SE (?) or RE(?) or both....

I've put too much thought into this already, my head hurts......

#4377 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wait a minute.....you're right!!! this LE shit gets confusing....
The rehash of WOZ ECLE would be RR, then YBR (?)
Now MMrLE rehash is SE (?) or RE(?) or both....
I've put too much thought into this already, my head hurts......

MMrR should be the new designation to keep it simple - well until the next rehash but I kind of dont think that will happen for a while as CGC should be announcing the next remake soon would be my guess - or at least most of ours hope- they should be striking now to fill the void while Stern and JJP are messing around trying to fix the playfield issues they are having

#4378 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

MMrR should be the new designation to keep it simple - well until the next rehash but I kind of dont think that will happen for a while as CGC should be announcing the next remake soon would be my guess - or at least most of ours hope- they should be striking now to fill the void while Stern and JJP are messing around trying to fix the playfield issues they are having

I'm good w MMrCE,SE,RE, as they are all different. At the end of the day I suspect it doesn't really matter...Pick the one you like...

#4379 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm good w MMrCE,SE,RE, as they are all different. At the end of the day I suspect it doesn't really matter...Pick the one you like...

True! When people start realizing LE is just a trim level then then will be much more happy.

#4380 4 years ago

It’s MM. it’s nib. I NEVER thought I’d get a chance for one, so limited, unlimited, numbered, it doesn’t matter when we are buying the greatest pin ever made brand new.

I feel like a kid in a candy store with 10k in my pocket.

1DAADD7D-1EB3-46A7-B635-7825D41104BF.gif1DAADD7D-1EB3-46A7-B635-7825D41104BF.gif
#4382 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

True! When people start realizing LE is just a trim level then then will be much more happy.

It also has this...which really doesn’t mean anything...but it’s a thing, I guess.

04B36E8B-F2EF-495D-8AB7-2AFD44458BB0 (resized).jpeg04B36E8B-F2EF-495D-8AB7-2AFD44458BB0 (resized).jpeg
#4383 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It also has this...which really doesn’t mean anything...but it’s a thing, I guess. [quoted image]

Kinda cool....my AFMrLE has something like that " x of 1000". Suspect the RE will have something similar but not a biggie. I've seen some note they try to get matching #'s for their games, so it is a thing....agreed.

#4384 4 years ago

Does the RGB kit allow you to easily revert back to the warm, old-school factory lighting?

#4385 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Does the RGB kit allow you to easily revert back to the warm, old-school factory lighting?

MBr has that option. It’ll probably look slightly different, though. MMr comes with warm LEDs. Not sure if the RGB ones have a warm ability when white.

#4386 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

MBr has that option. It’ll probably look slightly different, though. MMr comes with warm LEDs. Not sure if the RGB ones have a warm ability when white.

many thanks -- I had a feeling you'd know!
That's my biggest concern. I personally like the warm, retro look -- I think they did a fantastic job with MMR.

#4387 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

many thanks -- I had a feeling you'd know!
That's my biggest concern. I personally like the warm, retro look -- I think they did a fantastic job with MMR.

I’m not 100% on the warm/cool aspect....but I do no for sure MBr has the option for the RGB light show or classic style.

#4388 4 years ago

Royal (Special) edition!

IMG_1116-768x1024 (resized).jpgIMG_1116-768x1024 (resized).jpg

https://pinballpro.net/medieval-madness-is-back/

#4389 4 years ago

Looks fantastic!
Tough to be patient waiting for this beauty to arrive...

#4390 4 years ago

That start button though...

#4391 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

That start button though...

?

#4392 4 years ago

Isn't centered on the shield. Just like the original Williams MM.

Discussed to death when MMR was first announced.

#4393 4 years ago

Can't wait to see that black armor in person!!

#4394 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Can't wait to see that black armor in person!!

Looks good on my LE

#4395 4 years ago

A little old school MMR hate humor for you folks... Good thing this comes with coin mechs

#4396 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey.
General question not trying to stir up trouble. What is the feeling/thought about MM price at $10K (I know that you don’t need the topper and black armor trim) but I’m calling it $10,300 when I could get SW pro +DP pro for $11,200.
I realize these pros are the basic stripped down pins and not the full flight premiums or LEs. But still two gaming goodness for the slightly more than the cost of the top of the MM Royal.
My theory, impression is that MM is *not* twice the game of SW or Maiden or DP pro but that extras like prestige, toys, quality and to an extent nostalgia make up the difference.
Myself, I’m on the fence where I can afford whatever but also I’m kind of frugal and I do have several $8-9K pins already. MM would be the king or the crown jewel of a collection but there is something to be said for quantity as in more pins over quality. No?

But MM is twice the game. It’s probably the only game that is. It’s as fun as pinball gets.

#4397 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

A little old school MMR hate humor for you folks... Good thing this comes with coin mechs

Ouch. Too soon Bro...

#4398 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

when I could get SW pro +DP pro for $11,200.

I'm right with you on this! To me no pin is worth 10,000. But I'm not rich so money matters. I'd rather enjoy two games than one. I play MMr at the local coin op and I don't enjoy it any more than my nicely modded ST pro or my ACNC. It's a great game, but I wouldn't trade you my two pins for a MM Royal.

#4399 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

but I wouldn't trade you my two pins for a MM Royal.

No you wouldn't ( to me anyway)..

#4400 4 years ago

Just don’t overpay for $10,000 games and sell them when you are done with them. Problem solved.

Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

To me no pin is worth 10,000. But I'm not rich so money matters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/88?hl=parzival and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.