c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 205.
#4301 4 years ago

Personally, very excited about the Royal edition.
North of the boarder, these are very pricey, but I’m psyched to be getting a fully tricked our model.
My fam has missed this pin since I sold my original years ago.
So looking forward to adding this back into the collection.

#4302 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Also price check ? I see a HUO MM original for $15,000 ??? Are Collector’s
Paying that ?

No!

#4303 4 years ago

How soon we forget. Beat to shit MMs we’re going for $9,000 - $11,000. Restored or like new $18,000 - $20,000.

Even at $10,000 it’s a steal compared to the pricing of pre-MMr. Your getting a new machine for the price of a beater with a shit ton of mods.

Quoted from srmonte:

Hope the new buyers enjoy their machines that have now encroached over into the pre MMR days pricing. This is insane!!!!

#4304 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

How soon we forget. Beat to shit MMs we’re going for $9,000 - $11,000. Restored or like new $18,000 - $20,000.
Even at $10,000 it’s a steal compared to the pricing of pre-MMr. Your getting a new machine for the price of a beater with a shit ton of mods.

Except then there was more demand and less supply. No one would pay $20K for a full restored MM today, that price was in the past.

#4305 4 years ago

yea that guy trying to sell that game is smoking crack....

#4306 4 years ago

I think you misread what I said. I was responding to a person that said at $10K the MMr top tier is near pre-MMr pricing on MM. It's not, pre-MMr pricing on what CGC is offering today would be a fully restored game or HUO with low plays, and those were somewhere around $20,000. We weren't talking about today's prices.

Quoted from rai:

Except then there was more demand and less supply. No one would pay $20K for a full restored MM today, that price was in the past.

#4307 4 years ago

It would be interesting to know how many of the Royal's actually get made out of the 500 they say are going to be run this one time only. I can see if demand is high it being more but who knows or really cares. This is a grail game for most, so like in a previous post even though pricey it is still a bargain comparative to what a restored one was going for. I am in for one of them -

#4308 4 years ago

Hey.

General question not trying to stir up trouble. What is the feeling/thought about MM price at $10K (I know that you don’t need the topper and black armor trim) but I’m calling it $10,300 when I could get SW pro +DP pro for $11,200.

I realize these pros are the basic stripped down pins and not the full flight premiums or LEs. But still two gaming goodness for the slightly more than the cost of the top of the MM Royal.

My theory, impression is that MM is *not* twice the game of SW or Maiden or DP pro but that extras like prestige, toys, quality and to an extent nostalgia make up the difference.

Myself, I’m on the fence where I can afford whatever but also I’m kind of frugal and I do have several $8-9K pins already. MM would be the king or the crown jewel of a collection but there is something to be said for quantity as in more pins over quality. No?

#4309 4 years ago

No backboard RBG lighting upgrade for existing owners?

PPS sent me an email on 10/18 that the GI upgrade would be $99-$199. Does that mean that the upgrade on the cost list ($249) includes the backboard lighting and is just mislabeled as GI?

#4310 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey.
General question not trying to stir up trouble. What is the feeling/thought about MM price at $10K (I know that you don’t need the topper and black armor trim) but I’m calling it $10,300 when I could get SW pro +DP pro for $11,200.
I realize these pros are the basic stripped down pins and not the full flight premiums or LEs. But still two gaming goodness for the slightly more than the cost of the top of the MM Royal.
My theory, impression is that MM is *not* twice the game of SW or Maiden or DP pro but that extras like prestige, toys, quality and to an extent nostalgia make up the difference.
Myself, I’m on the fence where I can afford whatever but also I’m kind of frugal and I do have several $8-9K pins already. MM would be the king or the crown jewel of a collection but there is something to be said for quantity as in more pins over quality. No?

All really good points. Yes its expensive (It could be more than $10.3K with tax), but everything is expensive in this hobby. People are paying crazy money for Elvira and JJP games so is MMR Royal pricing really that out of whack? Probably not (unfortunately)....If u don't care about the topper or powder coat than just get the SE for basically the same price as a Stern LE or better yet look for a nice HUO one that someone wants to sell and upgrade to the new model.

#4311 4 years ago

Will the upgrades be sold through distributors or direct from PPS/CGC?

#4312 4 years ago
Quoted from Vesper:

Will the upgrades be sold through distributors or direct from PPS/CGC?

No announcement yet.

In the past warranty covered parts from CGC, purchased parts through PPS.

Time will tell.

LTG : )

#4313 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey.

If you're kinda frugal you should love MMR, it's a great deal compared to what you used to pay for an MM.

And one on one I'd say MM is better than any Stern, but YMMV. It would be hard to turn down a 1 - 2 punch of Star Wars and Iron Maiden tho... I can take or leave Deadpool.

Also remember, you don't NEED the Royal edition, unless you just gotta have that topper and all the bling. The SE is probably the best bang for the buck unless you can find a nice used MMR Standard or LE.

#4314 4 years ago

I realize that we don’t need topper etc. but at the same rabbit hole where have Tron I don’t need lighted ramps or arcade mod or color DMD but really do.

Here’s a blast from the time machine past.

Tron + LotR + cash for MM

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-lotr-a-little-cash-mm/page/2

#4315 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey.

How about compare the Stern LE's so it's apples to apples. I hear you on the pricing however for those of us that consider this a bit of a grail game it's the price we have to pay for pinball bliss

#4316 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I realize that we don’t need topper etc. but at the same rabbit hole where have Tron I don’t need lighted ramps or arcade mod or color DMD but really do.

At least for me its hard to buy these games and not tailor to your liking. In my opinion the only things u really need are the Cliffy protectors (I'd get the whole set), shaker, and color. I installed side blades (tilt graphics), troll eyes, and the barrel lights (game is a little dark) on my MMRLE. I have the AFMRLE and MBRLE and I'm not a big fan of the mirror blades as they scratch too easy.

#4317 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey.

I'd go with the 2 pro's. I sold my MMr. Compared to today's games, MM code got old faster to me than other games. I enjoyed it for a while but don't miss it.

#4318 4 years ago

I hear you on the mirror blades but man they do look great and kind of add that extra bit of depth to how the game looks. and NO on the Pinstadiums before someone chimes in and says we need them. lmao

#4319 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I hear you on the mirror blades but man they do look great and kind of add that extra bit of depth to how the game looks. and NO on the Pinstadiums before someone chimes in and says we need them. lmao

I played a game the other day that had pin stadiums (first time seeing them) and they were pretty nice. Personally I think their over priced for what u get, but thats just my opinion. I've typically just added additional spot lights to games that are dark.

#4320 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If you want MM, you want MM. MM isn’t competing with other games. It’s MM. All will sell.

As for me, I’d rather have one MM than the entire catalog of Stern SPIKE games.

#4321 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I played a game the other day that had pin stadiums (first time seeing them) and they were pretty nice. Personally I think their over priced for what u get, but thats just my opinion. I've typically just added additional spot lights to games that are dark.

I have them on my Met Pro- and you know they are nice but for the cost and what they are would not by another set.

#4322 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I have them on my Met Pro- and you know they are nice but for the cost and what they are would not by another set.

I realize everything in pinball is expensive, but spending $250 on those lights seems egregious....my buddy has one on his WOZ and it does help with the dark play field. I simply added spot lights to mine and called it good.

#4323 4 years ago

I'm having to laugh and to cry at the same time.

When I bought my MMRLE, everyone was complaining about how bad the gold option looked. When orders came in, gold was the most popular color. Me being the odd duck ordered black and now that's the MMRRE color.

On the other hand, I'm sad because I waited on the color option because I thought the price was too steep and was hoping for a correction. Then I heard CGC was going to offer a kit to upgrade to the large color display like AFMr and MBr so I waited some more. Now I see the kits will be $649 if you already have the color upgrade FW or $1050 otherwise. There's no way I can justify $1050 for that. That's the price of a mid-range 50" 4K TV at Best (worst) Buy. I guess my MMRLE will remain monochrome.

#4324 4 years ago
Quoted from dharris2112:

When I bought my MMRLE, everyone was complaining about how bad the gold option looked. When orders came in, gold was the most popular color. Me being the odd duck ordered black and now that's the MMRRE color.
On the other hand, I'm sad because I waited on the color option because I thought the price was too steep and was hoping for a correction. Then I heard CGC was going to offer a kit to upgrade to the large color display like AFMr and MBr so I waited some more. Now I see the kits will be $649 if you already have the color upgrade FW or $1050 otherwise. There's no way I can justify $1050 for that. That's the price of a mid-range 50" 4K TV at Best (worst) Buy. I guess my MMRLE will remain monochrome.

Its crazy what their charging for the display especially considering there was no new engineering/design on the revised panel. Why didn't u buy the color chip for $200? I have black trim as well....looks nice

#4325 4 years ago
Quoted from dharris2112:

The color upgrade alone was only $200 for LE owners which I thought was pretty fair and purchased (no plans for the larger screen upgrade yet).
Anyone know if that offer is still available and/or if you have to be the original registered owner to get that price?

#4326 4 years ago
Quoted from Adams:

The color upgrade alone was only $200 for LE owners which I thought was pretty fair and purchased (no plans for the larger screen upgrade yet).
Anyone know if that offer is still available and/or if you have to be the original registered owner to get that price?

You do need to be original owner to get the discount on the color chip. Been there done that. Luckily I got the game from a Pinsider that helped me out by purchasing the upgrade then sending it to me.

#4327 4 years ago
Quoted from Adams:

I had heard rumor of the larger color display and wasn't sure I'd be paying "twice". Looks like I am...

Good point on the $200 price for LE owners. I had forgotten about that discount. Maybe I'll look into that if the discount still exists.

#4328 4 years ago
Quoted from dharris2112:

I had heard rumor of the larger color display and wasn't sure I'd be paying "twice". Looks like I am...
Good point on the $200 price for LE owners. I had forgotten about that discount. Maybe I'll look into that if the discount still exists.

Nope....so basically the new display is $850 if your the original LE owner....If I was u I'd pay the $200 and just upgrade your display to color....

#4329 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nope....so basically the new display is $850 if your the original LE owner....If I was u I'd pay the $200 and just upgrade your display to color....

Yeah. That looks the way I'm leaning. I am the original owner so I should be eligible for the discount. As you said, there was no new R&D on the HW and its just too much $$$ for me.

#4330 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

lmao.....note that even in the rough early videos of the color changes, no rainbows on the ramps, period.....

I think having the color RGB as an "effect" will be outstanding, knowing it always goes back to original white light, showing off the original color intent....too excited for this!!!!

#4331 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

lmao.....note that even in the rough early videos of the color changes, no rainbows on the ramps, period.....
I think having the color RGB as an "effect" will be outstanding, knowing it always goes back to original white light, showing off the original color intent....too excited for this!!!!

Yes on the Mbr it looks great so expect the same on the new MMrR. Can't wait!!

#4332 4 years ago
Quoted from dharris2112:

Yeah. That looks the way I'm leaning.

The color upgrade for $200 is a must buy!

#4333 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

The color upgrade for $200 is a must buy!

Agreed. You’re shooting yourself in the foot if you don’t get it now. Also if you ever want to sell it it will make it easier to sell.

#4334 4 years ago

200 Royal Editions from what I’m hearing
Or told and Sold Out ! MM still the King !

#4335 4 years ago

It’s cool they have gone back and updated the game but hope they get back to making more remakes

#4336 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

#4337 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

The MMR Royal edition is not limited or numbered.....they will build as many as they can sell, and will most likely do another run at some point in time....

#4338 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Sold out. Could just mean all 200 were sold to distros not meaning all are sold to customers.

#4339 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Sold out. Could just mean all 200 were sold to distros not meaning all are sold to customers.

Totally agree...CGC has clearly demonstrated that MMR is their cash cow, and the royal version is by far the king of that cash cow. Why would they limit that run? I am sure they set a limit of 500 games since thats probably all they can make at the moment. If there is demand they will do another run at some point.

#4340 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The MMR Royal edition is not limited or numbered.....they will build as many as they can sell, and will most likely do another run at some point in time....

This is all we really know at this point.. the RE sounds limited according to Rick’s post below but you could build your own RE and the only difference would be you wouldn’t have the Diamond Black trim and coin door.

Quoted from PPS:

fyi ... this is now released by CGC in terms of quantity of MMR Royal Editions ...
There will be 500 MMR's produced which include CE/Std (Classic), SE (Special), and RE (Royal) ... the Royals will be a subset of the total ... that subset is not going to be disclosed ... but there are alot of CE and SE orders that will be filled first.
The RE editions will ONLY be coming out of this run of MMR's ... and they will be on allocation to CGC resellers (i.e. resellers will only have a certain amount to sell). PPS has either the largest or one of the largest allocations ...
So, if you are in for an RE, then best to get your name on the list soon ... from what we can see RE's are going to sell out ...

#4341 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

This is all we really know at this point.. the RE sounds limited according to Rick’s post below but you could build your own RE and the only difference would be you wouldn’t have the Diamond Black trim and coin door.

Doesn't sound limited to me....he just said its a subset of the total....doesnt mean they won't build more at some point. Whats different about the coin door?

#4342 4 years ago

It’s going to be powder coated in the black diamond like the trim, etc.

#4343 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

It’s going to be powder coated in the black diamond like the trim, etc.

Gotcha...thanks

#4344 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Doesn't sound limited to me....he just said its a subset of the total....doesnt mean they won't build more at some point. Whats different about the coin door?

No dog in the fight here, but he clearly says the RE will be part of a 500 game run of which a portion will be SE and CE games and that the RE games will “ONLY” come out of this run.. so I guess there will be between 1 and 500 RE made. The coin door sounds like it will be black diamond like the rest of the game (metal flake black powder coat)

#4345 4 years ago

If you're trying to quote Ricks statement of "The RE editions will ONLY be coming out of this run of MMR's ..."
He also said there would be NO XL display for MMR in a different post. LOL.

#4346 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

If you're trying to quote Ricks statement of "The RE editions will ONLY be coming out of this run of MMR's ..."
He also said there would be NO XL display for MMR in a different post. LOL.

Good point!

#4347 4 years ago

No dog in the fight here, but he clearly says the RE will be part of a 500 game run of which a portion will be SE and CE games and that the RE games will “ONLY” come out of this run.. so I guess there will be between 1 and 500 RE made. The coin door sounds like it will be black diamond like the rest of the game (metal flake black powder coat)

too logical !!! If they are only making 500 total units, and RE's are only in this batch (w SE and CE first) then there are only "x" # of RE's being made.

Of course you can build your own...a statement which could be said about virtually any LE out there.

You can also say "they will run them again"....another universally accepted speculation.

I don't care really....only buying 1 game....

#4348 4 years ago

yea, but that doesn't mean they won't make more games and call them something else...2 years from now it will be the Royal Plus with a new powder coat, non reflective glass, and a new topper....they've basically left their options open to do anything they want.

#4349 4 years ago

I wanted to jump in for some clarity on the upcoming Medieval Madness Production.

As we started thinking about Medieval Madness and the upcoming production run, we wanted to bring the look up to date with our other games (AFM and MB).
We know the community wanted the XL display for Medieval Madness, and many have expressed interest in a CGC topper for the game. They wanted it to look the same as AFM and MB when it was sitting in next to them.

We came up with the idea of update kits that are available for all current Medieval Madness owners, and worked hard on making that a reality. All existing Medieval Madness owners will be able to purchase the updates through their CGC dealer as well as Planetary Pinball Supply, and install the kits for themselves or with the assistance of their dealer.

We also knew a certain number of people would want to have the kits preinstalled by CGC at the factory. So we designed and launched the Special Edition and the Royal Edition. These 2 models are both priced as a Classic Medieval Madness with the cost of the update kits added.

The Royal Edition we then decided to add the Black Diamond powdercoating to all the trim on the game to give it a very refined look. We liked the look of the Black Diamond powdercoating on the armor so much that we decided to add it to the speaker panel, coin door, lower arch/apron, and hinges. The Royal Edition was designed to showcase all the kits available for Medieval Madness.

We will be building 500 total Medieval Madness machines during this time. A limited amount of these will be manufactured as the Royal Edition with all the features installed at the factory. We will not be manufacturing the Royal Edition again. We are treating it like all of our Limited Edition games and only manufacturing them the one time.

We want all of our customers to be able to have the best of what we can build, and we did that by offering the upgrade kits for all existing CGC Medieval Madness games, and wanted to offer new customers the ability to experience what we are doing at CGC.

I encourage everybody who owns a CGC Medieval Madness to look into the update kits. It is a cost effective way to update your Limited Edition and Standard Edition Medieval Madness to look like the other CGC games we manufacturer.
MMR - Features Matrix and Available Kits.pdfMMR - Features Matrix and Available Kits.pdf

#4350 4 years ago

Ryan, thanks - superb you guys are doing this option for us existing owners - really appreciate it and doing the coin door for the Royal is also fantastic! Can't wait to get a hold of my upgrades.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/87?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.