3823C4A8-930E-448B-84A7-B8A464E66AEF (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 203.
#4251 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

more MMR Royal...

Neil, how is the RGB effect in person? In the videos, it looks a bit over the top. MBrLE turned out pretty good, but has highlights at scoops etc. It seems more nuanced to have red light from near the dragon at the ramp shot, green lighting under the trolls, more detail focused on individual aspects rather than the entire playfield, as the mod community has been doing for a long time now... Seems distracting from the video. Is is different in person?

#4252 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Neil, how is the RGB effect in person? In the videos, it looks a bit over the top. MBrLE turned out pretty good, but has highlights at scoops etc. It seems more nuanced to have red light from near the dragon at the ramp shot, green lighting under the trolls, more detail focused on individual aspects rather than the entire playfield, as the mod community has been doing for a long time now... Seems distracting from the video. Is is different in person?

I'd say its as good as MBR. Clearly they had some limitations as it was an after thought rather than designed in. I have another video:

#4253 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'd say its as good as MBR. Clearly they had some limitations as it was an after thought rather than designed in. I have another video:

It looks pretty nice, and if your going to buy the topper the RGB lighting is only $99....although I have no idea how time consuming nor difficult it is to do the conversion.

#4254 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Apparently my distributor received an email this morning saying they are shipping next week.. Seems fast but time will tell...

Just got a call from my distro.. He just got off the phone with CGC and there was some confusion in the communications. The Royal Editions won't get built until Q1 2020, and only AFTER the CEs and SEs. CEs are late going on the production line but should be starting by Dec apparently. Once again on the forever waiting list

Mike

#4255 4 years ago

CGC hasn't even official announced the details yet. We won't see the royal for awhile I think.

#4256 4 years ago

I wonder if upgrade kits will be available for existing owners before or after the royal editions ship?

#4257 4 years ago

What I heard was games be shipped in January, and the upgrades available in 1-3 months from now. So in CGC time that means games will ship end of Q1/Q2, and upgrades probably around the same time....they make incredible games, but they NEVER make schedule.

Here were my approximate wait times for my LE's. Keep in mind for AFM and MB my games were matching numbers so theoretically I was part of the group that got their game first:

MMr - 2 years
AFMRLE - 6 months
MBRLE - 5 months

So who knows maybe they can speed up the process on the new MMr run, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

#4258 4 years ago

Once you have MMr buyers spending $10,000, close to $11,000 with tax, for that kind of money, you could get a HUO or even a restored original.

Just sayin, all the junk they add is fun I guess, but a HUO or restored original might be a better move.

#4259 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Once you have MMr buyers spending $10,000, close to $11,000 with tax, for that kind of money, you could get a HUO or even a restored original.
Just sayin, all the junk they add is fun I guess, but a HUO or restored original might be a better move.

So here in the great white north we are looking at $15K for the new Royale and that is not even anything limited so no #'s matching or any of that kind of thing. I was told by my distributor that CGC is going to make them as demand dictates so maybe not the panic that people need to have out of the gate to get one on order. I love the game but man the premium is steep on this one. Looks like its going to be the SE for 9K USD at least you get the RGB and larger display. Can't see the topper (although very cool) being worth $1K . Hopefully CGC puts out the game matrix on what the distinct differences are soon.

#4260 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

So here in the great white north we are looking at $15K for the new Royale and that is not even anything limited so no #'s matching or any of that kind of thing. I was told by my distributor that CGC is going to make them as demand dictates so maybe not the panic that people need to have out of the gate to get one on order. I love the game but man the premium is steep on this one. Looks like its going to be the SE for 9K USD at least you get the RGB and larger display. Can't see the topper (although very cool) being worth $1K . Hopefully CGC puts out the game matrix on what the distinct differences are soon.

Its a tough buy at those numbers...I think by moving to the royal version u get the topper, mirrored blades, and powder coating...is it worth $1K? thats up for debate...they should have offered upgraded glass at that price to drive more buyers to those high margin upgrades.

#4261 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

New hobbyists don’t want “used”, HUO, or restored. The scene is much different than when we started collecting. Newbs want NIBs.

#4262 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its a tough buy at those numbers...I think by moving to the royal version u get the topper, mirrored blades, and powder coating...is it worth $1K? thats up for debate...they should have offered upgraded glass at that price to drive more buyers to those high margin upgrades.

Yes eh - throw in some PDI glass and it makes more sense from a value standpoint. I think that should be a standard for all manufactures at this level however sadly not.

#4263 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

New hobbyists don’t want “used”, HUO, or restored. The scene is much different than when we started collecting. Newbs want NIBs.

I resemble that remark.

#4264 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Or more on the playfield, like dragon fire breath, eyes, lightning effects, troll hole green/RGB leds etc etc...

#4265 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hells yeah. 9 out of 10 newbs are saying they want the NIBs.

#4266 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Hells yeah. 9 out of 10 newbs are saying they want the NIBs.

Not sure what defines a newb, but I've only been in the hobby 5 years, and I've stopped buying NIB games (since MBRLE)....what I've discovered is there's less aggravation that way. Unless its a CGC product I highly doubt I'll ever buy another NIB game.

#4267 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not sure what defines a newb, but I've only been in the hobby 5 years, and I've stopped buying NIB games (since MBRLE)....what I've discovered is there's less aggravation that way. Unless its a CGC product I highly doubt I'll ever buy another NIB game.

Me too. I took the Royal MMR plunge, not with Sterno or JJP anytime soon. They’ve got to get their shit fixed.

#4268 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Me too. I took the Royal MMR plunge, not with Sterno or JJP anytime soon. They’ve got to get their shit fixed.

Congrats....its a great game...I have all the LE remakes....still on the fence on any of the upgrades...display is great, but not too excited about throwing my perfectly good one in the trash, and at the cost of $650 + tax + shipping

#4269 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Congrats....its a great game...I have all the LE remakes....still on the fence on any of the upgrades...display is great, but not too excited about throwing my perfectly good one in the trash, and at the cost of $650 + tax + shipping

Thanks man. That means a lot. I’ve been in the hobby since 2005, but lately things seem more like a low quality cash grab. I’m still waiting to see what the final cost is and what makes the MMRRE different.

#4270 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Thanks man. That means a lot. I’ve been in the hobby since 2005, but lately things seem more like a low quality cash grab. I’m still waiting to see what the final cost is and what makes the MMRRE different.

just my two cents, but after owning my MMR for a few years (mine has the black powder coating)...u might consider just getting the SE and buying the topper separate.....u really don't need the powder coating (stainless looks great on MMR) and mirrored game blades (especially with the RGB lighting). I actually bought the game blades from tilt graphics and they great.

#4271 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

just my two cents, but after owning my MMR for a few years (mine has the black powder coating)...u might consider just getting the SE and buying the topper separate.....u really don't need the powder coating (stainless looks great on MMR) and mirrored game blades (especially with the RGB lighting). I actually bought the game blades from tilt graphics and they great.

True, I could get the SE, but it’s MM, and I’ve been trying to get one since 2004, so the best nib example available seems reasonable.

#4272 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

True, I could get the SE, but it’s MM, and I’ve been trying to get one since 2004, so the best nib example available seems reasonable.

I guess my point is if u don't like the mirror blades, and powder coating u can save $400. I used to love mirror blades, but they scratch real easy. Your not getting a break by buying the whole package (though they do the work for u).

#4273 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

What I heard was games be shipped in January, and the upgrades available in 1-3 months from now. So in CGC time that means games will ship end of Q1/Q2, and upgrades probably around the same time....they make incredible games, but they NEVER make schedule.
Here were my approximate wait times for my LE's. Keep in mind for AFM and MB my games were matching numbers so theoretically I was part of the group that got their game first:
MMr - 2 years
AFMRLE - 6 months
MBRLE - 5 months
So who knows maybe they can speed up the process on the new MMr run, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Maybe one of the reasons their PF quality is currently so much better than Stern & JJP is they actually take their time making the games, letting clear settle, etc. Don't know if there us any correlation but just a random thought.

My hope is that they hire a few experienced designers and software developers and start building some of their own original games rather then just remakes. Right now their quality is heads and tails above Stern.

#4274 4 years ago

Ordering a Royal edition but I’m curious if they sell the topper separately and would it work on a original MM

#4275 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Ordering a Royal edition but I’m curious if they sell the topper separately and would it work on a original MM

Yes they sell the topper separately ($600), but i have no idea if it would work on an original MM...I'm thinking not

#4276 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

would it work on a original MM

Software in original MM wouldn't support the light show.

LTG : )

#4277 4 years ago

updated feature matrix with pricing.

Taking names now. waiting to hear on the allotment of royals

pm me with any questions

MMR - Features Matrix and Available Kits.pdfMMR - Features Matrix and Available Kits.pdf
#4278 4 years ago

Thank you for posting that.

#4279 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

updated feature matrix with pricing.
Taking names now. waiting to hear on the allotment of royals
pm me with any questions[quoted image]

Thank you for the update. is there a limited # of Royals, or will CGC just keep making them as long as demand is there? Not like it matters, just curious. Limited has been thrown around alot lately by other builders.

#4280 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Thank you for the update. is there a limited # of Royals, or will CGC just keep making them as long as demand is there?

The entire run of classic, special and royals will be limited to 500 units total worldwide. i have not been told if there is a limited number of royal editions as of yet.

#4281 4 years ago

So if an LE owner uprades the machine with the Royal edition package, what would it be called?

MMr Limited Edition Royal?
MMr Limited Royal Edition?
MMr Royal Limited Edition?
MMr Royal/Limited Edition?
MMr Limited Edition Royal Edition?

I think we need to work out the nomenclature.

I vote MMr Royal Limited Edition

#4282 4 years ago

MMRLEWATU (Medieval Madness Remake Limited Edition With All The Upgrades)

#4283 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

MMRLEWATU (Medieval Madness Remake Limited Edition With All The Upgrades)

Haha , missed that one

#4284 4 years ago

In the club finally!! MMrRE here...Looks like a beautiful version of a classic...Super excited!!!

#4285 4 years ago

Can’t wait to pick up one soon myself.

#4286 4 years ago

fyi ... this is now released by CGC in terms of quantity of MMR Royal Editions ...

There will be 500 MMR's produced which include CE/Std (Classic), SE (Special), and RE (Royal) ... the Royals will be a subset of the total ... that subset is not going to be disclosed ... but there are alot of CE and SE orders that will be filled first.

The RE editions will ONLY be coming out of this run of MMR's ... and they will be on allocation to CGC resellers (i.e. resellers will only have a certain amount to sell). PPS has either the largest or one of the largest allocations ...

So, if you are in for an RE, then best to get your name on the list soon ... from what we can see RE's are going to sell out ...

#4287 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

fyi ... this is now released by CGC in terms of quantity of MMR Royal Editions ...
There will be 500 MMR's produced which include CE/Std (Classic), SE (Special), and RE (Royal) ... the Royals will be a subset of the total ... that subset is not going to be disclosed ... but there are alot of CE and SE orders that will be filled first.
The RE editions will ONLY be coming out of this run of MMR's ... and they will be on allocation to CGC resellers (i.e. resellers will only have a certain amount to sell). PPS has either the largest or one of the largest allocations ...
So, if you are in for an RE, then best to get your name on the list soon ... from what we can see RE's are going to sell out ...

What's the game plan on upgrade kits? Are those a one-and-done situation or will those be available down the road?

#4288 4 years ago

That is hard to predict ... I think we will see how the initial sales go, and then it's all about forecasting and how much time to receive all parts to make more ... I would expect that there will be batches and then those will sell out and another order for another batch made (which can be up to 4 months to get all parts in) ...

#4289 4 years ago

I've decided to skip the Royal edition and the Royal LE edition. But I'm all-in on the likely "Emperor CE edition"

#4290 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

That is hard to predict ... I think we will see how the initial sales go, and then it's all about forecasting and how much time to receive all parts to make more ... I would expect that there will be batches and then those will sell out and another order for another batch made (which can be up to 4 months to get all parts in) ...

How tall is the topper?

#4291 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Thanks Rick!!...More than excited for an RE coming home!!!

#4292 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

How tall is the topper?

I need to know this too. Not much sense buying a topper that't too tall for my ceiling.

#4293 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Just got a call from my distro.. He just got off the phone with CGC and there was some confusion in the communications. The Royal Editions won't get built until Q1 2020, and only AFTER the CEs and SEs. CEs are late going on the production line but should be starting by Dec apparently. Once again on the forever waiting list
Mike

RE's supposed to ship in January....

#4294 4 years ago

Still debating on getting a SE for my house. Just don’t have the funds right now with getting the upgrade on the LE we already have.

#4295 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I've decided to skip the Royal edition and the Royal LE edition. But I'm all-in on the likely "Emperor CE edition"

I think I’ll pass too and wait for the next master of the universe edition LE with the full screen HD graphics, back box and animated puppets topper.
This pin deserve that.

#4296 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Quoted from Warzard:

I think I’ll pass too and wait for the next master of the universe edition LE with the full screen HD graphics, back box and animated puppets topper.
This pin deserve that.

I'm waiting for the Kings ransom edition with solid gold armor, coin door and every metal part on the playfield.

#4297 4 years ago

Is the larger screen the same as AFM: MB ? I was told it’s more refined ?

Also price check ? I see a HUO MM original for $15,000 ??? Are Collector’s
Paying that ?

#4298 4 years ago

Can’t get enough of my new standard with color chip and shaker. Honestly, it needs nothing more. But I’ll still get the RGB package, because I love light shows.

#4299 4 years ago

So 11,000ish with tax for the RE. That's a big pass from me. Now they are saying the RE is going to sell out. I thought they were build to demand. Either was doesn't matter to me, I have no cart in this race. But is sounds to me like sales didnt lauch like they had hoped. To bad because I love cgc and have bought all of their machines. But this pricing structure sucks. Hope the new buyers enjoy their machines that have now encroached over into the pre MMR days pricing. This is insane!!!!

#4300 4 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

So 11,000ish with tax for the RE. That's a big pass from me. Now they are saying the RE is going to sell out. I thought they were build to demand. Either was doesn't matter to me, I have no cart in this race. But is sounds to me like sales didnt lauch like they had hoped. To bad because I love cgc and have bought all of their machines. But this pricing structure sucks. Hope the new buyers enjoy their machines that have now encroached over into the pre MMR days pricing. This is insane!!!!

Keep in mind you can still get a Standard for $8k...Essentially the same as an NIB MM, which sold for $3800 in 1998. I’d have appreciated CGC/PPS keeping the price structure the same as MBr but it’s looking like they will easily sell 500.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
20,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/86?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.