image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 205.
#4202 4 years ago

Email sent Rick

#4203 4 years ago

Anytime they refuse to disclose pricing and ask you to call, I can assure you the price is "higher than is reasonable". If it were reasonable, they'd post it and make a big deal out of what a great buy it is. The topper is probably something insane like $500 or so (and Stern's wildly overpriced crap toppers somehow make that look like a "deal"). Larger Color display I wouldn't be surprised if it's $1,000 (if an upgrade is even possible).

#4204 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Anytime they refuse to disclose pricing and ask you to call, I can assure you the price is "higher than is reasonable". If it were reasonable, they'd post it and make a big deal out of what a great buy it is. The topper is probably something insane like $500 or so (and Stern's wildly overpriced crap toppers somehow make that look like a "deal"). Larger Color display I wouldn't be surprised if it's $1,000 (if an upgrade is even possible).

your wrong

Topper is $600
Display is $1050 ... with color its $650

#4205 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

your wrong
Topper is $600

The good news everyone can buy them...the bad news is its a big cash grab

#4206 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Sent you an email Rick, get me on them lists!

Me too

#4207 4 years ago

FYI I have a couple of original Williams blueprints on ebay of the castle towers on MM. These were for the original but the exact same design was used in the remake. If you are interested you should check them out.
Thanks
ebay.com link: pinballvault

#4208 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Sorry if I missed this, but how does the RGB GI work? Is it somehow interactive where colors change with the display or are the colors just adjustable?
Any info on the pricing for the various kits?

It changes based on different things you hit or animation sequences. I thought this would be cool in MBr, but when I played it, I actually really hated it. It was just way too much color bombing and I found it distracting when the game normally is very elegantly color coded as much as it needs to be with the inserts and artwork. Good thing about MBr, they had an option to use the new RGB effects, or leave it "classic" style.

So - what do current MMr owners think? Anyone getting the entire upgrade kit? Anyone gonna just get a piece?

I'm on the fence, myself! As much as I think the XL displays are gorgeous...when I play games with them, I realize I'm barely looking at them. As much as I love color GI effects in AC/DC & Metallica Prem/LE - they're far more artful and subtle...I'm not sure I like the BOOM COLOR BLAST style CGC goes with. The topper looks awesome, no complaints there really, except the price!

Sooo...yeah, I dunno...maybe I'll just get the topper? Maybe I'll just get it all in a "F it" moment? If I don't like the color GI effects, I can turn them off...maybe just turn them on for parties? Hmmm.

#4209 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It changes based on different things you hit or animation sequences. I thought this would be cool in MBr, but when I played it, I actually really hated it. It was just way too much color bombing and I found it distracting when the game normally is very elegantly color coded as much as it needs to be with the inserts and artwork. Good thing about MBr, they had an option to use the new RGB effects, or leave it "classic" style.
So - what do current MMr owners think? Anyone getting the entire upgrade kit? Anyone gonna just get a piece?
I'm on the fence, myself! As much as I think the XL displays are gorgeous...when I play games with them, I realize I'm barely looking at them. As much as I love color GI effects in AC/DC & Metallica Prem/LE - they're far more artful and subtle...I'm not sure I like the BOOM COLOR BLAST style CGC goes with. The topper looks awesome, no complaints there really, except the price!
Sooo...yeah, I dunno...maybe I'll just get the topper? Maybe I'll just get it all in a "F it" moment? If I don't like the color GI effects, I can turn them off...maybe just turn them on for parties? Hmmm.

I'm going with all (topper, XL screen, color changing GI) options. My MMr looks a bit underwhelming next to my MBr. I will likely not add the mirror blades to my MMr as I like the black walls.

I am curious to see the pricing and naming of the new machines with all of the toys...MMrXL? MMrr? Will the price be similar to our plus the upgrades? Will the upgrades just be included in the new machines? MBrLE with all of the toys was essentially the same price as an MMr Standard.

Either way, I'm happy for CCG and want to continue to see them thrive. I'm also quite happy that they are offering these kits to us early adopters.

#4210 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I'm going with all (topper, XL screen, color changing GI) options. My MMr looks a bit underwhelming next to my MBr. I will likely not add the mirror blades to my MMr as I like the black walls.
I am curious to see the pricing and naming of the new machines with all of the toys...MMrXL? MMrr? Will the price be similar to our plus the upgrades? Will the upgrades just be included in the new machines? MBrLE with all of the toys was essentially the same price as an MMr Standard.
Either way, I'm happy for CCG and want to continue to see them thrive. I'm also quite happy that they are offering these kits to us early adopters.

I think we get it all “cheaper” at the end of the day. The way everything is priced is very fair to original buyers IMO.

#4211 4 years ago

If you upgrade the screen does that include new speakers?
I have upgrade pinball pro speakers in MM that are larger than the speakers in AFMrLE. Can I keep them and get a larger screen?

#4212 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

your wrong
Topper is $600

No way I'm paying $1650 to upgrade my already color MMr dmd display. How is this a good deal for current MMr owners? Feels like CGC and Planetary just vaulted on us.

#4213 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

No way I'm paying $1650 to upgrade my already color MMr dmd display. How is this a good deal for current MMr owners? Feels like CGC and Planetary just vaulted on us.

It would only be 650 if you have the color chip already. The display with color chip is 1050.

#4214 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Topper is $600

I think $600 may be too much for this static pinball sculpt.

I'm tempted to interface the Black Knight topper to MMR.

#4215 4 years ago

That black knight topper is awesome. Keep us posted if you can get it to work on MMr.

#4216 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

We came out okay here. The price to upgrade our LEs (and Standards) basically to Royal spec is still under the NIB price. Sure we kinda lose some cache by there being a more limited version now but I can live with that.

BTW, from what I was told since you have color the XL upgrade is cheaper, so you don’t lose that.

#4217 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

We came out okay here. The price to upgrade our LEs (and Standards) basically to Royal spec is still under the NIB price. Sure we kinda lose some cache by there being a more limited version now but I can live with that.
BTW, from what I was told since you have color the XL upgrade is cheaper, so you don’t lose that.

True. If you already have the color you can buy a bigger screen kit

#4218 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yes, that is all good news and I am happy CGC did this in a manner it doesnt significantly hurt existing customers.

Anyone know if we choose to upgrade to the larger display what we need to do to demonstrate we already have the color chip (pretty sure the thing they use is still in my storage box)?

Also still wondering if the speaker lights come with the new display panel and if the thing matches the current speakers? Guessing yes but can anyone confirm?

#4219 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yes, that is all good news and I am happy CGC did this in a manner it doesnt significantly hurt existing customers.
Anyone know if we choose to upgrade to the larger display what we need to do to demonstrate we already have the color chip (pretty sure the thing they use is still in my storage box)?
Also still wondering if the speaker lights come with the new display panel and if the thing matches the current speakers? Guessing yes but Dan anyone confirm?

I don’t think you need to “prove you have it” as much as if you don’t have it the XL probably won’t work right. But I’m sure there’s a way, those CGC guys don’t seem to miss a trick.

#4220 4 years ago

What is the size of the speakers with the bigger screen ?

It doesn't look like they are 5.5"...

They look smaller.

#4221 4 years ago

Cool stuff, but aside from the topper, I'm very happy with my LE. I have a ton of mods in mine, including the color DMD upgrade and speaker light kit. Also Pin Stadium Fusions, so RGB GI doesn't seem like a big deal. My only other pin is a ST:Pro. I have a ColorDMD and Fusions in that is well. No topper, as I've never seen a really decent one tbh. The DMDs on both my machines match pretty well side-by-side, and I think it might look weird to put that XL on my MMr. I guess I like symmetry.

I'm glad to see they're upping their game. Nothing in pinball is cheap, so whatever they charge, it is what it is. I'm not feeling left out though. LOVE my MMr as it is now.

#4222 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I think $600 may be too much for this static pinball sculpt.

I'm tempted to interface the Black Knight topper to MMR.

I agree...its basically the same topper as the MBR with the MM theme...doesn't move like the AFMRLE .....CGC is making a great margins on the topper and display upgrades

#4223 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Also still wondering if the speaker lights come with the new display panel and if the thing matches the current speakers? Guessing yes but can anyone confirm?

My bet is its the exact same speaker box they use on AFM and MRr....smaller speakers, color changing speaker lights and large display...

#4224 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My bet is its the exact same speaker box they use on AFM and MRr....smaller speakers, color changing speaker lights and large display...

Might be tempting but having a hard time justifying it in my mind already having a color display.

May be interested in the RGB upgrade but still haven't heard what is going to be required from an install and labor standpoint yo make the change.

#4225 4 years ago

I am probably going to do the XL screen and RGB GI so MMr matches my SE editions of AFMr and MBr. Just need CGC to make a RGB GI kit for AFMr.

#4226 4 years ago

I asked my wife if we should get the bigger screen and she said. “ I don’t ever look at it. I’m too busy looking at the ball”. So I’m probably out. She thought 400 for color was a waste of money. $650 puts me awfully close to the 75” tv to replace my 55”.

#4227 4 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I asked my wife if we should get the bigger screen and she said. “ I don’t ever look at it. I’m too busy looking at the ball”. So I’m probably out. She thought 400 for color was a waste of money. $650 puts me awfully close to the 75” tv to replace my 55”.</blockquot

I think its great that CGC is providing a path to upgrade, but the more I think about it the more I'm convinced its a waste of money. Yea it would be nice to have the same size screen as my AFMRLE and MBRLE. Its just hard for me to just throw the existing display, speakers, and panel in the trash. I think the topper and RGB for $700 is probably the only upgrades all get.

#4228 4 years ago

I asked my wife if we should get the bigger screen and she said. “ I don’t ever look at it. I’m too busy looking at the ball”. So I’m probably out. She thought 400 for color was a waste of money. $650 puts me awfully close to the 75” tv to replace my 55”.

Yeah I was really excited when I learned the updates we’re going to be available, but I’m coming back down to reality a bit. I would never spend $600 on a toy statue...why would I for a topper?! I just bought a 65 in TV for $700...why would I spend close to that on a new display panel when the one I have is perfectly fine? I hate the colorbombing in MBr...I prob won’t like it here.

#4229 4 years ago

I think its great that CGC is offering a path to upgrade, but the more I think about it the harder it is to justify spending $700 on a new display....I struggle just tossing the existing display in the trash (it has almost zero value)....I still might get the topper/lighting depending on how much work it is to convert

#4230 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah I was really excited when I learned the updates we’re going to be available, but I’m coming back down to reality a bit. I would never spend $600 on a toy statue...why would I for a topper?! I just bought a 65 in TV for $700...why would I spend close to that on a new display panel when the one I have is perfectly fine? I hate the colorbombing in MBr...I prob won’t like it here.

The topper looks cool, but yeah, those prices are crazy for what you get. I do disagree with you on the RGB lighting for MBr, I really enjoy when the lighting changes based on the activation of a monster mode. I find it immersive more than distracting.

#4231 4 years ago

204DA9C5-95B0-4209-92AB-E55B64A48337 (resized).jpeg204DA9C5-95B0-4209-92AB-E55B64A48337 (resized).jpeg

Not gonna need this it looks like so I’ll pass it on if anyone wants it PM me. $80 plus shipping. Brand new. Gold logo version.

#4232 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

The topper looks cool, but yeah, those prices are crazy for what you get. I do disagree with you on the RGB lighting for MBr, I really enjoy when the lighting changes based on the activation of a monster mode. I don’t find it immersive more than distracting.

I found it distracting and it clashes with the existing color coding and art. IMO the best color GI effects so far have been on Metallica Prem/LE, and they’re not even full RGB. The choreography & color choices are so perfect, subtle combos of colors that give you a mood without bathing the entire game in a singular color.

Are there any good videos of MMr color GI yet? I saw a few crappy ones from Expo. Any streams or anything better?

#4233 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I found it distracting and it clashes with the existing color coding and art. IMO the best color GI effects so far have been on Metallica Prem/LE, and they’re not even full RGB. The choreography &amp; color choices are so perfect, subtle combos of colors that give you a mood without bathing the entire game in a singular color.
Are there any good videos of MMr color GI yet? I saw a few crappy ones from Expo. Any streams or anything better?

One of my personal favorites is Horde mode in TWD, where it floods the playfield with red and strobes. Creates an intense moment.

I do miss the ability on my MET PRO to have the Fade to Black mode where the lights slowly dim once you make shots.

#4234 4 years ago

Left flipper at full power is unable to consistently make the right ramp shot. What are people doing to remedy this? If changing coils, what are you going with? TIA.

#4235 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Left flipper at full power is unable to consistently make the right ramp shot. What are people doing to remedy this? If changing coils, what are you going with? TIA.

I un-boxed the game. Leveled it. And just play it. I haven’t messed with any of the factory default settings. I have no problems making any shots. The only “tweak” I have made was the right orbit gate ball was hanging up. I just pushed it over with my finger. No more ball hangs.

#4236 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

At default power or have you moved it up in the CGC menu? Because even at default you should be punishing that ramp.

I’d make sure you have a little up down play in the flipper bat so you’re not binding on the bushing and make sure the coil stop is tight and not causing the coil to droop and create drag.

#4237 4 years ago

I un-boxed the game. Leveled it. And just play it. I haven’t messed with any of the factory default settings. I have no problems making any shots. The only “tweak” I have made was the right orbit gate ball was hanging up. I just pushed it over with my finger. No more ball hangs.

Mine worked fine until this summer, now can barely make a left ramp shot. Everything seems fine, just a lack of power.

#4238 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

At default power or have you moved it up in the CGC menu? Because even at default you should be punishing that ramp.
I’d make sure you have a little up down play in the flipper bat so you’re not binding on the bushing and make sure the coil stop is tight and not causing the coil to droop and create drag.

I changed it to full power. I'll check it again, but everything seemed fine. I'll report back.

#4239 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

When was your game built? The originals game with the wrong flipper plungers & don’t extend enough. If yours has the wrong ones, replacing them could help. That being said, when I had the wrong plungers I could still make the ramps with boosted coil power.

#4240 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

The topper looks cool, but yeah, those prices are crazy for what you get. I do disagree with you on the RGB lighting for MBr, I really enjoy when the lighting changes based on the activation of a monster mode. I find it immersive more than distracting.

One question I have is would there to be am option to keep the lighting normal and just switch to RGB mode if you want? That would be ideal.

#4241 4 years ago

more MMR Royal...

#4242 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

One question I have is would there to be am option to keep the lighting normal and just switch to RGB mode if you want? That would be ideal.

That’s how MBr is.

#4243 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When was your game built? The originals game with the wrong flipper plungers &amp; don’t extend enough. If yours has the wrong ones, replacing them could help. That being said, when I had the wrong plungers I could still make the ramps with boosted coil power.

Mine was built 6/16

I replaced the stop and coil sleeve and it seemed to help. Power was at max, but I turned it down to 5+ and was able to make it with no problem. The left flipper coil has some play compared to the right, but I don’t really see a way to snug it up anymore. Hopefully it just needed the new sleeve, we shall see.

#4244 4 years ago

I’m in on a MMRRE! My LE is up for sale

#4245 4 years ago

The best game of all time just got better.

#4246 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m in on a MMRRE! My LE is up for sale

That’s just ridiculous. Just upgrade yours.

#4247 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s just ridiculous. Just upgrade yours.

Agreed. Would cost less in the long run and basically be the same game.

It looks like everything will be a pretty easy and straightforward install. Does anyone know yet what will be required to upgrade to RGB lighting?

#4248 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Agreed. Would cost less in the long run and basically be the same game.
It looks like everything will be a pretty easy and straightforward install. Does anyone know yet what will be required to upgrade to RGB lighting?

If I had to guess:

-RGB bulbs
-A new control board that some wiring will go to instead of the main PCB
-Maybe new code, unless the control board has the color change code built into it.

#4249 4 years ago

I was on the waiting list for the next run of the classic. Just changed my order to Royal Edition. Apparently my distributor received an email this morning saying they are shipping next week.. Seems fast but time will tell...

#4250 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I was on the waiting list for the next run of the classic. Just changed my order to Royal Edition. Apparently my distributor received an email this morning saying they are shipping next week.. Seems fast but time will tell...

If their done with MBR builds I wouldn't be surprised they start shipping soon. They were supposed to start shipping months ago, but it got delayed due to MBR delays. My guess is they have had all the parts in stock for a while.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 64.99
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/85?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.