Topic Stats

• 4,626 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 248 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 566 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9IT5Urg (resized).jpg
IMG_2900_edited.jpg
IMG_2898_edited.jpg
IMG_2893_edited.jpg
IMG_2875_edited.jpg
IMG_2859_edited.jpg
IMG_2850_edited.jpg
IMG_2843_edited.jpg
IMG_2840_edited.jpg
IMG_2837_edited.jpg
20191103_104643 (resized).jpg
20191103_104527 (resized).jpg
8FB0B512-7D65-4132-98C2-7B09D7D411A4 (resized).jpeg
7F723E2C-B5E7-45E9-BC6C-B5624646B114 (resized).jpeg
E43A745C-2C1E-457B-B776-0502B0E3334A (resized).jpeg
a1e11d7b58901e096e8cab8c7324f5d2c8867fda (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4626 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 93.
#4151 32 days ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I may add shaker later but not super critical. IMO the color is a splurge but it looks so much better had to do it. The monochrome green doesn't bother me. Just figured it was better to grab it now. Even the giant screens on the other remakes is cool but not a deal breaker for me.

Congrats! I picked mine up from Automated 2 weeks ago. And played about 3 hours of pinball there too!

Mine was a 9/2017 build date and it’s flawless.

35C3A44C-7CC3-4570-9D60-F62D54CFC895 (resized).jpeg
#4152 32 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

a big part of the game is blowing up the castle....having the shaker is a must to add to the affect

Long standing debate and there is certainly no wrong answer because it's personal preference. But for me I love playing a MMR with a shaker because of...

1. Blowing up the Castle just feels like it's crumbling down.... true integration
2. Launching a ball in the catapult makes you feel like you're there standing beside the massive catapult lobbing a boulder over the castle wall. And...
3. Trolls so big and nasty that they make the ground shake and making you feel like they're going to squish your little head if you don't hit them first.

Of all my games with shakers, this is second probably only to Earthshaker for how I feel it's necessary for game feel/effect.

#4153 32 days ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Long standing debate and there is certainly no wrong answer because it's personal preference. But for me I love playing a MMR with a shaker because of...
1. Blowing up the Castle just feels like it's crumbling down.... true integration
2. Launching a ball in the catapult makes you feel like you're there standing beside the massive catapult lobbing a boulder over the castle wall. And...
3. Trolls so big and nasty that they make the ground shake and making you feel like they're going to squish your little head if you don't hit them first.
Of all my games with shakers, this is second probably only to Earthshaker for how I feel it's necessary for game feel/effect.

Totally agree....CGC did a great job integrating the shaker with the game play....

#4154 32 days ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Congrats! I picked mine up from Automated 2 weeks ago. And played about 3 hours of pinball there too!
Mine was a 9/2017 build date and it’s flawless.[quoted image]

Awesome....have distributors started charging sales tax? I got two quotes on a MMR and one was charging sales tax and other was not....

#4155 32 days ago

Is the game suppose to come with a manual or no?

#4156 32 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Awesome....have distributors started charging sales tax? I got two quotes on a MMR and one was charging sales tax and other was not....

Yes. The price locally had sales tax. Anywhere else there was shipping so it was about the same. Taxation is theft.

#4157 32 days ago

You can download it from the website : https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MMR_Manual_Rev_1_2.pdf

LTG : )

#4158 32 days ago

Yes. The price locally had sales tax. Anywhere else there was shipping so it was about the same. Taxation is theft.

u should have one ... mine had a yellow cover and was stapled to the inside of the game

#4159 32 days ago

I have nothing stapled to the inside of the game.

#4160 32 days ago

Hmmmm....I'd call your distributor

#4161 32 days ago

I have nothing stapled to the inside of the game.

Were the trolls plastic wire tied? Wondering if the game is in-fact NIB. There should be a plastic bag with the manual in it in the cab and spare keys. There should be a key for the backbox hanging on the inside of the door somewhere. There should also be instructions to remove the troll plastic wire ties. Maybe call Automated about it?

#4162 32 days ago

With the rumors of another run of MMR. Does anyone know if the pricing is still going to be higher than their other titles?

Thanks

#4163 32 days ago
Quoted from chet218:

With the rumors of another run of MMR. Does anyone know if the pricing is still going to be higher than their other titles?
Thanks

I wouldn’t expect pricing to change for MMR. I would love for it to happen, as I want one too, but be prepared to pay 8k.

#4164 32 days ago

Keys were taped into the coin return. This piece of paper taped to the play field. I did cut the troll tie wraps. And removed the rubber band from the castle. I believe it’s definitely NIB by the way it was wrapped up. No evidence of the box ever being opened.

CF1D0523-9976-473F-9DC6-916973F4B6FB (resized).jpeg
#4165 32 days ago

I guess I will call automated tomorrow. The game is flawless otherwise. First test game I reached royal madness on factory default settings.

#4166 32 days ago

I believe only the LE's came with a physical manual. I could be wrong.

But if it was as supposed too. Contact your dustributor, or CGC.

#4167 32 days ago
Quoted from erak:

I sent them an email but that makes sense.

#4168 32 days ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I wouldn’t expect pricing to change for MMR. I would love for it to happen, as I want one too, but be prepared to pay 8k.

$8K + delivery + taxes (if applicable) + $400 (color chip) + $150 (shaker)....start to push $9K when all said and done.

#4169 32 days ago
Quoted from erak:

Mine's an LE .... so maybe thats why? I thought they all got a manual. Just FYI its nothing special...u can probably have one printed for $20

#4170 32 days ago

My MMr SE came with a manual. 1/2017. Were the backbox keys there?

#4171 32 days ago

On the hook per usual

#4172 31 days ago

Ummm. Some how Stern’s new Jurassic Park with 30 reviews has now overtaken MM as the #1 pin on Pinside.

#4173 31 days ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Ummm. Some how Stern’s new Jurassic Park with 30 reviews has now overtaken MM as the #1 pin on Pinside.

Give it a couple weeks.....it will drop 10-20 spots

#4174 31 days ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

My MMr SE came with a manual. 1/2017. Were the backbox keys there?

My SE came with a manual too, not just the LEs

#4175 31 days ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Perfectly illustrates the issues with pinside top 100. I'm sure it's a fine game, I haven't played it I'll admit, but no new game can truly be rated better than a proven classic that quickly by an adequate number of people.

#4176 31 days ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Perfectly illustrates the issues with pinside top 100. I'm sure it's a fine game, I haven't played it I'll admit, but no new game can truly be rated better than a proven classic that quickly by an adequate number of people.

Got to play a pro version of this. its a very fun game. I don't know if long term I would keep loving the game. With MM. I've been playing on iPad for years and still wanted a real one. I take a day off and want to go back. On PA the 2 most played games for me are MM and AFM. And I consider TAF my favorite all time.

#4177 31 days ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

This is pretty typical pinside top 100 BS...its basically a skewed view thats posted by people that paid $9K for the game....I've played it and its a fun game, but in my opinion not in the same league as MM, MB, or AFM

#4178 31 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Sales tax is coming. Soon. That was what I was told.

#4179 31 days ago

Manual was in the box with mine. Service box plug was not.

Lloyd, should a plug be included?

#4180 31 days ago

Sales tax is coming. Soon. That was what I was told.

yea really changes the game for buying NIB games from retailers....adding an additional $400-$800 on NIB games is a tough pill to swallow...on a positive note (if there is one) it does help the local guys.

#4181 31 days ago

Lloyd, should a plug be included?

Not in the remakes.

LTG : )

#4182 31 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Picked up a gold "Williams" speaker panel at Pin A Go Go last weekend to replace the plain one on my MMR. I always heard it was a straight swap, and while they do look the same I didn't realize the whole thing is held together with some kind of press on washer. Anyone got any tips for removing the old screen cover and speaker grills from the old panel and reinstalling them on the new panel without totally destroying it?

I tried keeping those washers in decent shape as I replaced my panel. In the end wasting so much time, I just ripped them off. It wasn’t worth the time and hassle. Job then took a few minutes.

#4185 30 days ago
Quoted from PPS:

MMR XL Display & RGB Controlled GI's .... coming soon ... see it at Pinball Expo ...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sneak-peek-mmr-xl-display-amp-rgb-controlled-gi-s#post-5260263

Will these be available upgrade kits for current MMr owners?

#4186 30 days ago

Been waiting for the next batch to pick up an MMR, glad I waited, these upgrades look amazing.

#4187 30 days ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

That’s rediculous
Had 3 buds play it at pin a go go
All three said it sucks ?
I can’t say that because I haven’t played it. Knocking off MM is a tall task

#4188 30 days ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Will these be available upgrade kits for current MMr owners?

Maybe the screen and topper but the RGB seems unlikely.

Boys, I think we got vaulted. Now we know how the OG MM owners feel, lol.

Quoted from whitey:

That’s rediculous
Had 3 buds play it at pin a go go
I can’t say that because I haven’t played it. Knocking off MM is a tall task

JP is a pretty cool game, your buds must have some high standards. But it won’t stay on top, it’s just getting that new game love.

#4189 30 days ago
Quoted from whitey:

JP2 is a fun game, it does not suck and I hope to own it someday but it will not stay on top.

#4190 30 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Maybe the screen and topper but the RGB seems unlikely.
Boys, I think we got vaulted. Now we know how the OG MM owners feel, lol.

I asked on Facebook and PPS said current MMR owners would not be left behind. So I assume an upgrade kit will be available for the RGB GI.
With shipping and currency exchange rates for Australia it might be more than I am willing to pay though.

#4191 30 days ago
Quoted from Rat:

I asked on Facebook and PPS said current MMR owners would not be left behind. So I assume an upgrade kit will be available for the RGB GI.
With shipping and currency exchange rates for Australia it might be more than I am willing to pay though.

Fingers crossed.

#4192 30 days ago

Stolen from Facebook. Pics at Pinball Expo of new RGB lighting and XL display
9A4B11A2-4171-4AFB-A617-E19003C35D24 (resized).jpeg9C685326-D989-469A-BF02-46CEC5B4D510 (resized).jpegBD830B90-C888-45D8-9E3C-73450A76FBB3 (resized).jpeg

1BD4F8F7-B9F8-4AAE-B0B6-5F6DB3DA399D (resized).jpeg
#4193 30 days ago

The display looks great. The RGB lighting not so much. Maybe it looks better in person.

#4194 30 days ago

Holy Crap! Uhhh you know you want a new Medieval Madness! Classic, Special, and Royal Editions! OR upgrade your MMR with different kits! Enhanced Display, Topper Kit, or Lighting Kit. Email us now to get on the list: zach@flipnoutpinball.com. More details to come.
0DECC158-32F6-4462-8396-A257F98628CF (resized).jpeg1C9AE432-0D50-4B48-8B4E-18101561F96E (resized).jpeg45D682B2-3FC8-463E-A905-3C4F55E38E3E (resized).jpeg5237FDAE-E072-4E0B-B49E-157495CB30A3 (resized).jpegBE34BDBC-C897-4017-9109-EAF0C9D745C6 (resized).jpegD58EE068-3793-46EB-9F5A-DE6B29031903 (resized).jpeg

#4195 30 days ago

We will be putting people on the list for all MMR options as well as Games ... contact us at gamesales@planetarypinball.com ... also you can call for now ... Rick 408-891-7878

#4196 30 days ago

So whats the deal, price, limited availability, machines can be fully upgraded?

#4197 30 days ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

So whats the deal, price, limited availability, machines can be fully upgraded?

Email me zach@flipnoutpinball.com

#4198 29 days ago

Sorry if I missed this, but how does the RGB GI work? Is it somehow interactive where colors change with the display or are the colors just adjustable?
Any info on the pricing for the various kits?

#4199 29 days ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Sorry if I missed this, but how does the RGB GI work? Is it somehow interactive where colors change with the display or are the colors just adjustable?
Any info on the pricing for the various kits?

Be nice to know the upgrade costs, and whose eligible....

#4200 29 days ago
Quoted from PPS:

We will be putting people on the list for all MMR options as well as Games ... contact us at gamesales@planetarypinball.com ... also you can call for now ... Rick 408-891-7878

Sent you an email Rick, get me on them lists!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 89.99
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 89.99
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
€ 9.10
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 11.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4626 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 93.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside