image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 205.
#3951 4 years ago

Anyone have a feature matrix comparing the le to the standard? Or anyone know the main differences?

#3952 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm if the underside components on the newly produced MMr is identical to the machines produced originally when Stern was making them?

I’m on the wait list for the upcoming run (June/July) and I’m wondering if the GI is the same as the original MMr, like the AFMr, or like the components on MBr. There have been subtle changes in how the GI was wired from machine to machine from what I can tell (owning AFMr and MBr).

I have some Lermods in my possession and I’m getting the feeling I bought the wrong version of the backboard and trough lighting mods. I’d like to see a closeup of the MMr GI socket and I’m wondering if CGC has made any updates to the circuitry under the playfield.

Also, can anyone post a pic of how they connected their Lermod backboard and trough lighting mod on their MMr?

Thanks.

#3953 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Can anyone confirm if the underside components on the newly produced MMr is identical to the machines produced originally when Stern was making them?
I’m on the wait list for the upcoming run (June/July) and I’m wondering if the GI is the same as the original MMr, like the AFMr, or like the components on MBr. There have been subtle changes in how the GI was wired from machine to machine from what I can tell (owning AFMr and MBr).
I have some Lermods in my possession and I’m getting the feeling I bought the wrong version of the backboard and trough lighting mods. I’d like to see a closeup of the MMr GI socket and I’m wondering if CGC has made any updates to the circuitry under the playfield.
Also, can anyone post a pic of how they connected their Lermod backboard and trough lighting mod on their MMr?
Thanks.

Depends on which version you bought, can't tell by your pinside name. If you bought alligator clip version, you attach to the socket lugs, this is different than mbr and afmr, which don't have sockets and only have light boards or lights that are hard wired.

If you bought a bulb connection, you can replace the bulb in the socket with the one we supply. I don't think cgc changed anything over time, but I guess it's possible. My mmr Le has gi sockets, not light boards.

If when you get your game, what you have doesn't work, you can always exchange it.

#3954 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone have a feature matrix comparing the le to the standard? Or anyone know the main differences?

I believe the LE differences are:

- Trim color choices; Black, Gold or Stainless
- Shaker
- LE plate w/ number
- $200 discount on color chip

#3956 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I believe the LE differences are:

- Trim color choices; Black, Gold or Stainless
- Shaker
- LE plate w/ number
- $200 discount on color chip

That's correct. In addition the Stern built ones didn't have the melamine sides. The CGC ones do.

1 week later
#3957 4 years ago

Hello, trade advice appreciated.

I have a mega modded Tron pro that I didn't want to sell but someone offered me a MM remake standard (with color chip pin stadium lights and art blades).

I have not played MM a lot but played it here and there, just wanted to get some advice if the remake (new build) has any issues? any thoughts, I love Tron and have owned it 5+ years. Would not be selling but my friend has one that I would be able to buy in the future so it's not the end of Tron.

I love my AFM remake but some say that MM +/- very similar to AFM.

Other pins considered were BK SoR (new and flashy played the pro and loved it but can't decide) or BM66 super deep rules not like my other pins.

#3958 4 years ago

Video mode is available after completing all 4 inlane/outlanes, 10 times (factory setting). I enjoy playing the video mode, so I currently have the setting at 5 completions to make it available. You need to kill 30 birds to light the extra ball and I have never even come close.

Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I believe there are 7 way to get extra balls to get your game to a total of 10 balls. I can only think of 6 of those ways now. These are in no particular order in how to achieve
1. Blow up 2 castles
2. Collect 10 hurry ups
3. Complete royal madness
4. Collect the super jackpot in castle multiball
5. Collect in video mode. Not sure how many of the birds you need to wack but its quite a few
6. Mystery award
I usually get mine in this order
1. Blow up 2 castles
2. Royal madness
3. 10 hurry ups
4. super jackpot collect
the rest are hard. Video mode is difficult to get to let alone get far enough in it to get the extra ball. Not sure when it comes up in mystery but I have gotten it before.
I don't seek the extra balls but they come naturally as you progress through the game. I typically always get at least 2 when I am playing a game.

#3959 4 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

Video mode is available after completing all 4 inlane/outlanes, 10 times (factory setting). I enjoy playing the video mode, so I currently have the setting at 5 completions to make it available. You need to kill 30 birds to light the extra ball and I have never even come close.

Remember you have a smart bomb.

#3960 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

That's correct. In addition the Stern built ones didn't have the melamine sides. The CGC ones do.

The only other difference I'm aware of is that is that CGC built games have a Happ door with factory installed coin mechs. Stern runs had the Entropy door with no coin mechs.

#3961 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Remember you have a smart bomb.

Oh, was not aware of that. Kills all birds on the screen at that time and drops any children that were picked up? Thanks

#3962 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have a mega modded Tron pro that I didn't want to sell but someone offered me a MM remake standard (with color chip pin stadium lights and art blades).
I have not played MM a lot but played it here and there, just wanted to get some advice if the remake (new build) has any issues? any thoughts, I love Tron and have owned it 5+ years. Would not be selling but my friend has one that I would be able to buy in the future so it's not the end of Tron.
Other pins considered were BK SoR (new and flashy played the pro and loved it but can't decide) or BM66 super deep rules not like my other pins.

I think Afmr and MMr are similar and have similar feel to them - shot patterns, general game code, flow, appearance... Your lineup has some games that are similar to one another: 2014 sterns, JJPs, etc. The nuanced differences can make a big impact on how fun they are though. I think the trade for Tron sounds like a good idea especially since you’ll still have access to that game in the future should you choose to go back to it. I have only a couple games on BK SoR but it didn’t stand out to me like AFMr and MMr. I have not played BM66 (full disclosure). Best of luck!

#3963 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I had both remakes for awhile, and sold the AFMr and kept MMr.

I found them similar enough that given my space available and money to tie up in a game that I didn't play that much, tipped the scale to sell the AFMr.

I thought I'd like AFM more than MM given that I grew up on Sci-Fi, but somehow the game never caught on for me.

Robert

#3964 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If it sways your decision at all, I saw your post and considered for a quick second offering the same trade before quickly deciding against it. Medieval is a much better game and that's coming from a huge Tron fan

1 week later
#3965 4 years ago

Selling a full Cliffy set and Rock Custom interactive lights. Send me a PM if interested!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80036

1 week later
#3966 4 years ago

Finally defeated the King’s Castle and thought I’d be whisked away to Battle for the Kingdom. Not. I need to re-read the rules and find out what I need to do next. Otherwise, it was a fantastic game and I some how achieved the bird video mode for the second time. One of these days I’ll beat this thing.

5C1C8FAE-A734-4790-9D29-F7D490AA73CC (resized).jpeg5C1C8FAE-A734-4790-9D29-F7D490AA73CC (resized).jpeg
#3967 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Finally defeated the King’s Castle and thought I’d be whisked away to Battle for the Kingdom. Not. I need to re-read the rules and find out what I need to do next. Otherwise, it was a fantastic game and I some how achieved the bird video mode for the second time. One of these days I’ll beat this thing.[quoted image]

Good job. Even once you get to battle for the kingdom it's not easy. This game drives me nuts and I love it

#3968 4 years ago

I’m hoping the next run of these is on the line soon.

#3969 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I’m hoping the next run of these is on the line soon.

At the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown I talked with a couple of guys from Chicago Gaming Company and they said right now they are on a batch of Monster Bash that should be finished by July 4 at the latest. Once MB is done, they will start the run of MMR. They did also say that most of the machines are already spoken for, so get in a preorder quickly if you have not done so already. They said I can expect to receive mine at my house late July or early August.

#3970 4 years ago

New to the MMR game, so to speak, so I have a question... will they be adding the big screen to the next MMr like the big screen that's currently available on AFM and MB? This would be an awesome addition IMO and I think would push me to buy.

Sorry if this has been covered, searing for MM gives a ton of returns and with the new batch coming out seems like a legit question.

#3971 4 years ago

No big screen for MMR... at least not yet. I wouldn’t imagine the next batch would be much different.

#3972 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Finally defeated the King’s Castle and thought I’d be whisked away to Battle for the Kingdom. Not. I need to re-read the rules and find out what I need to do next. Otherwise, it was a fantastic game and I some how achieved the bird video mode for the second time. One of these days I’ll beat this thing.[quoted image]

I have been close as well, I believe you need all blue inserts lit. I did it with 2 Royal Madnesses and was working on the King's castle when the game ended. I think that's the key, you need all 6 blue inserts lit to enter BFTK.

#3973 4 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

At the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown I talked with a couple of guys from Chicago Gaming Company and they said right now they are on a batch of Monster Bash that should be finished by July 4 at the latest. Once MB is done, they will start the run of MMR. They did also say that most of the machines are already spoken for, so get in a preorder quickly if you have not done so already. They said I can expect to receive mine at my house late July or early August.

Yeah, I’ve heard about the same so I appreciate the info. My distributor said ‘looks like June’ back in mid-April when I got my down payment in (I’m #4 on the list). The extra couple months wait isn’t all bad, but it’s hard to suppress anticipation when you finally get to that month you were thinking it was going to be and then they move the goal post again. I’m just one pin away from a dream collection I thought I’d never own....until they announce TOMr, IJr, TZr, or CCr (w/ finished code).

#3974 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

New to the MMR game, so to speak, so I have a question... will they be adding the big screen to the next MMr like the big screen that's currently available on AFM and MB? This would be an awesome addition IMO and I think would push me to buy.
Sorry if this has been covered, searing for MM gives a ton of returns and with the new batch coming out seems like a legit question.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-any-new-info-on-mmr-xl-display-options

#3975 4 years ago

Question for the group here. The top switch on the left ramp (peasant ramp) of my MMR has stopped registering when the ball passes through (the left lower ramp switch does register when the ball enters the ramp, however). I can't get it to work manually either.

I checked the connections and the J5 connector into the board beneath the PF and it doesn't appear anything is disconnected. The J5 connector is where the upper left ramp switches connects, right?

Any insight or advice on where the problem may be? The ball was hitting the switch sometimes when it went through the ramp as it was too low before I adjusted it. Wondering if it could be related to that.

Any insight is very appreciated (picture of switch I'm referencing attached).
20190603_181053 (resized).jpg20190603_181053 (resized).jpg

#3976 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Question for the group here. The top switch on the left ramp (peasant ramp) of my MMR has stopped registering when the ball passes through (the left lower ramp switch does register when the ball enters the ramp, however). I can't get it to work manually either.
I checked the connections and the J5 connector into the board beneath the PF and it doesn't appear anything is disconnected. The J5 connector is where the upper left ramp switches connects, right?
Any insight or advice on where the problem may be? The ball was hitting the switch sometimes when it went through the ramp as it was too low before I adjusted it. Wondering if it could be related to that.
[quoted image]

Is that a picture of the switch in your game? I ask because my switch stopped registering and the issue was a switch screw came out and the whole switch tilted

#3977 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Yeah, I’ve heard about the same so I appreciate the info. My distributor said ‘looks like June’ back in mid-April when I got my down payment in (I’m #4 on the list). The extra couple months wait isn’t all bad, but it’s hard to suppress anticipation when you finally get to that month you were thinking it was going to be and then they move the goal post again. I’m just one pin away from a dream collection I thought I’d never own....until they announce TOMr, IJr, TZr, or CCr (w/ finished code).

IJ will never be remade.

#3978 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

IJ will never be remade.

There was a time when everyone said that about MM, AFM and MB.

#3979 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

There was a time when everyone said that about MM, AFM and MB.

IJ is a totally different animal from a licensing perspective and apparently Williams had some licensing issues the first time around with some of the actors and Harrison is rumored to be a stiff about this type of thing as well.

Who really knows though, my money would be against it.

#3980 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

[quoted image]

Do you have a meter to test for voltage at the switch?

#3981 4 years ago

I played video mode last night and it was save the calves! So cool. How did I get there?!

Also, it wasn’t colorized. Kind of yellow and black looking. Weird. Was that just my machine?!

#3982 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I played video mode last night and it was save the calves! So cool. How did I get there?!
Also, it wasn’t colorized. Kind of yellow and black looking. Weird. Was that just my machine?!

I reported this to PPS in 2017....but I don't think there has been a code update in a while. I've wanted them to increase the volume of the castle kings or...they've always been too low in the mix compared to the other voices which sound fine (princesses, trolls, Merlin, etc)

#3983 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

[quoted image]

It is possible, likely even, that the switch itself is broken (happens all the time in pinball). First thing to do is to see if it registers in switch test, it should also click as you trigger it. You can also test it with a multimeter - One lead on the Com lug on the switch and other lead on the N/O lug on the switch. This should read OL and then read 0 when you close the switch. If needed, you can test the diode with DMM in diode/continuity. Leads across the diode in one direction and you'll get .5-.7 volts and when reversed you'll get OL.

#3984 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

You have to hit three cows with the catapult, then when you get video mode the children are replaced by calves

#3985 4 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

You have to hit three cows with the catapult, then when you get video mode the children are replaced by calves

So good!

#3986 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I reported this to PPS in 2017....but I don't think there has been a code update in a while. I've wanted them to increase the volume of the castle kings or...they've always been too low in the mix compared to the other voices which sound fine (princesses, trolls, Merlin, etc)

I have a friend that solved that. He tuned the voices for me. Much better. He even submitted it to PPS but got no response. But it’s awesome on my machine.

#3987 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I have a friend that solved that. He tuned the voices for me. Much better. He even submitted it to PPS but got no response. But it’s awesome on my machine.

How?

#3988 4 years ago

I think edited the code. Iirc it’s a fairly standard Linux file structure?

#3989 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

It is possible, likely even, that the switch itself is broken (happens all the time in pinball). First thing to do is to see if it registers in switch test, it should also click as you trigger it. You can also test it with a multimeter - One lead on the Com lug on the switch and other lead on the N/O lug on the switch. This should read OL and then read 0 when you close the switch. If needed, you can test the diode with DMM in diode/continuity. Leads across the diode in one direction and you'll get .5-.7 volts and when reversed you'll get OL.

Thanks for the input everyone. I am out of town until tomorrow night but will try these tide as out and see what happens.

If I do need to replace this particular switch, does anyone know what part it would be and where to order it? Thanks!

#3990 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

what part it would be and where to order it?

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-sub-microswitch-5647-12693-13.html

Most likely loosen the screws, turn the switch body, so the switch is more sensitive when the ball rolls under it.

LTG : )

#3991 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Was the hack based on the most current code? ...and has it been released anywhere?

#3992 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80036

Full Cliffy set and Rock Custom light set for sale. Shoot me a PM if interested!

#3993 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Was the hack based on the most current code? ...and has it been released anywhere?

I do not think you can hack the code since it's assembled into a binary. My guess is that there's audio files and they've simply been volume leveled differently either individually or normalized as a whole. Just a guess as I haven't looked at the file structure.

#3994 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

You need to do the following

1. Defeat 6 Castles
2. Save 3 Damsels
3. Start 3 Revolts
4. Start 3 Catapults
5. Complete 3 Joust Victories
6. Kill 10 Trolls

#3995 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I do not think you can hack the code since it's assembled into a binary. My guess is that there's audio files and they've simply been volume leveled differently either individually or normalized as a whole. Just a guess as I haven't looked at the file structure.

Well, yeah - semantics - just wondering if this volume adjusted file was based on the most current firmware or one of the older versions.

#3996 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

You need to do the following
1. Defeat 6 Castles
2. Save 3 Damsels
3. Start 3 Revolts
4. Start 3 Catapults
5. Complete 3 Joust Victories
6. Kill 10 Trolls

Yes but is that 6 lit blue inserts?

#3997 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Yes but is that 6 lit blue inserts?

Right. So you need Master of Trolls, Defender of Damsels, Patron of the Peasants, Joust Champion, Castle Crusher and Catapult Ace to all be awarded.

#3998 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Right. So you need Master of Trolls, Defender of Damsels, Patron of the Peasants, Joust Champion, Castle Crusher and Catapult Ace to all be awarded

I havent been able to do that yet - is there a specific strategy to getting it done. Probably a SDTM after a castle gate shot does me in......

#3999 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I havent been able to do that yet - is there a specific strategy to getting it done. Probably a SDTM after a castle gate shot does me in......

For most of them, the trick is just good shooting, plus you get completions in Royal Madness.

For trolls, you really want to have Troll Madness when you start Multiball Madness, then you get a troll kill every time you get a troll jackpot.

Also while in multiball Madness you can hunt castles. Try to keep a ball cradled up on your right flip and just keep backhanding the drawbridge from the left.

Sounds a lot easier than it all is tho! Good luck!

#4000 4 years ago

Where is the # FIRE lanes needed for vid mode setting in the menu?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 45.00
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 29.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.