New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 128232)

MMR Owners Club, all things MMR discussed

By SuperPinball

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,922 posts
  • 605 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by neverahighscore
  • Topic is favorited by 314 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,340 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201202_191702 (resized).jpg
0965E78D-F116-4955-ACDA-4BF8249A92A8 (resized).jpeg
20201129_120606 (resized).jpg
D4A0EA80-C992-46B2-A898-0925C3A9999B (resized).jpeg
CB17862F-F117-414C-8C6B-8BCB55FB94B1 (resized).jpeg
Trollface (resized).JPG
20201125_215552 (resized).jpg
20201125_215605 (resized).jpg
20201124_184422 (resized).jpg
Trollface (resized).JPG
a2c33644c3e880ab6e8e8947c191554916c72508 (resized).jpg
f1facaf75bd6f4895f96af676ae3581433d3c80f (resized).jpg
20201119_094724 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
3102E694-C427-4A6E-BB9B-13E4A68B2415 (resized).jpeg
Custom Logo Instructions.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7922 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 159.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Having an issue with my left flipper assembly. The pin that secures the rod(indicated in the picture below as an example) has come loose twice now in so many days, causing it to completely detach from the rest of the assembly. I was able to find the pin in the bottom of the cabinet and reinsert it and thought I had clamped it down hard enough, but apparently not enough for it to happen a second time now.
How can I secure this pin better? I had a heck of a time working on this part without removing the whole thing, so not sure if there's an easier way.
flipper_(resized).jpg

I would contact CGC and get a replacement plunger/linkage. It's a roll pin and it's not supposed to have failed like that.

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

How can I secure this pin better?

Please open a ticket on the Support desk to get a new plunger assembly.

LTG : )

#353 4 years ago

OK thanks for the advice. Will do.

#354 4 years ago

I'm happy to report that the contrast issue with the display (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/7#post-2918117) is fixed by the new firmware revision.

Looks tons better.

#355 4 years ago

What new firmware revision? Has an update been released?

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Has an update been released?

CGC posted in one of these threads today it is in beta testing and should be out in February.

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

CGC posted in one of these threads today it is in beta testing and should be out in February.

would of been nice if CGC posted it in an "owners" thread.

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

would of been nice if CGC posted it in an "owners" thread.

It was in the MMR Software Update thread.

#359 4 years ago

Link?

#360 4 years ago

Go to Community - search Pinsiders - CGC - only two there, one posted today.

LTG : )™

#362 4 years ago

Has anyone had or currently having issues with their Merlin hole kick out?

I am having the ball fall back into the Merlin hole due to it not being kicked out all of the way. This happens about 60-70% of the time and at times it will take 3-4 cycles before the ball actually kicks out of the saucer. I have adjusted the kick out setting to maximum hoping that would solve the issue but it did not help. Is there something else to look at/adjust or is it time to open a ticket with Chicago Gaming?

Any ideas?

#363 4 years ago

Thanks! Saved me having to search

Quoted from loren3233:

Has anyone had or currently having issues with their Merlin hole kick out?
I am having the ball fall back into the Merlin hole due to it not being kicked out all of the way. This happens about 60-70% of the time and at times it will take 3-4 cycles before the ball actually kicks out of the saucer. I have adjusted the kick out setting to maximum hoping that would solve the issue but it did not help. Is there something else to look at/adjust or is it time to open a ticket with Chicago Gaming?
Any ideas?

Happens on mine too. Not 60-70% but maybe more like 20-30% though.

#364 4 years ago

Zero problems with my Merlin kick out so far. Occasionally a ball fails to stick when making the shot, which is quite faithful to the original.

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Zero problems with my Merlin kick out so far. Occasionally a ball fails to stick when making the shot, which is quite faithful to the original.

I think CGC actually improved this by angling the wall in slightly to the left towards the saucer.

#366 4 years ago

Well crap. Hopefully my ticket for replacement plunger assembly gets answered soon as it failed again today. Looks like my MMr is out of commission until I get a new assembly.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Well crap. Hopefully my ticket for replacement plunger assembly gets answered soon as it failed again today. Looks like my MMr is out of commission until I get a new assembly.

Just buy one from a usual source and use your replacement from CGC as a spare.

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Reinstall the rollpin so it sticks out the top a little, then flatten the part sticking out with a pair of needlenose pliers. Just need to flatten it enough so it won't fall back through before you can get a replacement.

#369 4 years ago

How's the level bubble on your MMR? I was trying to level the pin using that, but when I had the bubble in the center the pitch was >9 degrees. If I bring the pitch to about 6.5-7 degrees the bubble is all the way to the bottom of the level, is there a way to adjust that or is it waste of time?

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

is there a way to adjust that or is it waste of time?

Those cheap bubbles can be a headache.

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/index.html

LTG : )™

#371 4 years ago

According to the manual, the tip of the bubble should be between the first and second lines(if counting from the front of the machine). The first line represents 6deg of pitch and every line after another 1/2 degree, so if the bubble is touching the second line, it should be at 6.5deg.

It's not like other levels I've seen like in my Stern ST where there are just two lines where the bubble should be centered in between.

Think I might look into some fancy leveling apps on my phone though and see what it might indicate the pitch to be if possible.

#372 4 years ago

Digital levels are a must for any pin collection. Sterns set at 6.5 degrees perfectly every time.

Digital_level_(resized).jpg

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Digital levels are a must for any pin collection.

That's the exact level I use. I don't even bother with the bubble levels on games, some are accurate and some are not.

I'm sure everyone knows it, but may as well mention it...level the playfield, not the glass!

#374 4 years ago

There is a perfect App for the IPad for this purpose. Shows up and side level so that you can adjust your playfield/pin accordingly.

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

There is a perfect App for the IPad for this purpose. Shows up and side level so that you can adjust your playfield/pin accordingly.

I like the "PinGuy" App on iphone for leveling glass or playfield. Which one do you use?

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

I like the "PinGuy" App on iphone for leveling glass or playfield. Which one do you use?

you CANNOT level a pin off of the glass

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

How's the level bubble on your MMR? I was trying to level the pin using that, but when I had the bubble in the center the pitch was >9 degrees. If I bring the pitch to about 6.5-7 degrees the bubble is all the way to the bottom of the level, is there a way to adjust that or is it waste of time?

make sure the level is screwed all the way down on the rail. I ran into a Stern that was way off... turns out one end wasn't tightened down. They're still only good for approximate measurements.

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

you CANNOT level a pin off of the glass

Sure you can with software that is calibrated from the playfield and then the glass.

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Yes I use PinGuy, too.

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Sure you can with software that is calibrated from the playfield and then the glass.

Point me in that direction.

#381 4 years ago

Whelp, that just fell off. Neato.

Loc-tite apparently not included.

image_(resized).jpeg

#382 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Whelp, that just fell off. Neato.
Loc-tite apparently not included.

image_(resized).jpeg

Happened to me first night. Went through and tightened everything after that.

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Point me in that direction.

The PinGuy app does this! Check it out.

http://www.iweis.de/

#384 4 years ago

What is it with coil stops? JJP can't seem to tighten them down, MMR's are falling off and Stern's stops self-destruct after a few hundred plays.

You'd THINK pinball companies would know how to make and install these by now..

#385 4 years ago

JPop was going to design all new coil stops from scratch (emblazoned with a "Z" logo of course) but you meddling pinsiders had to ruin everything!

#386 4 years ago

Well holy carp! I installed that PinGuy app, made sure it was calibrated on as level a surface as possible, made sure it was set to playfield and placed it according to the instructions. Even though I had the game bubble set according to the manual, it was off by almost a full degree according to the app(7.5 instead of 6.5). I raised the front legs and the game bubble was then pegged off the scale. Useless? Not sure how much I should trust this app or maybe invest in a real digital level. When I have more time, I may have to try and cross reference it with some other apps.

I also to my surprise discovered that I actually had a spare plunger assembly sitting in my parts drawer from a replacement coil I bought for my ST Pro last year. I only needed the coil and totally forgot about the plunger left over that was just sitting there. Was able to swap that in so I could play a couple of games and test out the new angle. Seemed okay so far. I may need to tweak the plunger assembly as it may not be tight enough. Some noticeable recoil at the end of the swing. Not a lot, but it should come to a dead stop.

Ah, the neverending fun of pinball maintenance!

#387 4 years ago

The sound bytes are kind of quite. Washed out by the sound effects. Are they ever going to fix that with an update?

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

The sound bytes are kind of quite. Washed out by the sound effects. Are they ever going to fix that with an update?

I brought it up to Doug, so they're aware and it's something that they are able to adjust. It's not all the callouts, though. I think the only ones that need a "boost" are the various "Castle Bosses" (or Kings or whatever you wanna call them). The princesses, trolls and others sound like they're mixed at a good level.

#389 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Well holy carp! I installed that PinGuy app, made sure it was calibrated on as level a surface as possible, made sure it was set to playfield and placed it according to the instructions. Even though I had the game bubble set according to the manual, it was off by almost a full degree according to the app(7.5 instead of 6.5). I raised the front legs and the game bubble was then pegged off the scale. Useless? Not sure how much I should trust this app or maybe invest in a real digital level. When I have more time, I may have to try and cross reference it with some other apps.

You can always go oldschool... regular level and a protractor

#390 4 years ago

just wondering if any1s made say a 4way power tap for adding multiple mods,have already tapped into power supply once for topper and if stuff like under cabinet lighting etc etc need same power source i dont wish to be tapping multiple wires into same spot on power supply itself.thank you

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from peaceboy666:

just wondering if any1s made say a 4way power tap for adding multiple mods,have already tapped into power supply once for topper and if stuff like under cabinet lighting etc etc need same power source i dont wish to be tapping multiple wires into same spot on power supply itself.thank you

http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=396

#392 4 years ago

Anyone who has received their MMR LE recently should read through this thread and check to see if your playfield is affected by this issue.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-need-some-help/page/3

#393 4 years ago

I don't think my Merlin hole light lights all the time when it should. Also appears to be some ghosting with it.

#394 4 years ago

Need some more alignment advice. Since using that PinGuy app to set the pitch angle of my MMR to 6.5, I also made sure that the side-to-side level was spot on for both front and back. It's been playing pretty well for the most part, but I've noticed a couple of things that really bug me.

1. When the ball is returning from the right orbit at either from the stop or at a medium/moderately fast speed, it has a real tendency to hit or graze the top of the right slingshot and ricochet towards the center drain. It never used to do this before and was usually a clean drop down to the right flipper. I find myself having to give the pin a good nudge every time the ball comes down the orbit to make sure it clears the top of the sling. How does this compare to the original?

I'm guessing that adjusting the level from one side to the other would help this. Should I make the right side higher, or is that counterintuitive? I wonder why it should be behaving like this when my bubble level is so spot on.

2. This may also be related to the previous problem due to the possible level issue, but it seems that there is a high propensity for the ball to center drain after a castle gate shot. Either I'm incredibly unlucky, but most of the time the hit will deaden the ball enough that it will drop straight down the middle and nothing I can do. Maybe by fixing problem #1, that might help this by edging the ball to one side or the other?

3. Catapult still plagues me when more than one ball is caught in there. I thought when I fixed the pitch that it would have helped this, giving it more leverage to eject both balls, but it didn't. If anything it seems to have gotten worse. Now, it fails to even randomly knock one of the balls out to the side and eventually the catapult just stops kicking and I have to pull the glass off. I've done just about all the tweaking to the wireform I feel comfortable doing. It doesn't appear like the balls are catching on it in any way. It's just like it doesn't have enough power to launch two hard enough to clear at least one of them. Coil is at max strength, and that seems just good enough to get one ball around the loop smoothly. That just seems really odd to me. Thinking about opening a ticket on this one.

#395 4 years ago

My friend has an original MM and it depends on the speed of the ball coming around or out of the loop. If it pops out of the Merlin scoop the ball is traveling slower and it sometimes hits the sling but never on top of the sling bouncing it to the drain. Usually it will still hit the right flipper and bounce to the left flipper. The center drain issue from hitting the castle is the same on the original as well. We have found that shooting the castle from the right flipper will drain way more often than shooting from the left. Just depends where you hit the castle will depend where the ball will come down.

#396 4 years ago

1. Watch the 4min mark of this video where he hits the side of the cab to stop the ball from hitting the right sling while it's rolling down the right orbit. I don't like to hit the side of my cab like that so I just nudge from the front which is less effective and the ball often just touches the bottom of the right sling but doesn't trigger it, I can usually keep ball control.

I assume that touching the sling from the right orbit is authentic to original gameplay and is intended to make the game slightly harder.

My eject from castle on the left orbit loop is not as smooth as this machine and often bounces down the left loop making a live catch difficult sometimes, this can be corrected with a slight nudge, but it did seem to take a smoother path when I first played it. I'm not sure why this is I will look into it.

3 Catapult....I just posted a thread about this issue on PPS forum http://www.planetarypinball.com/forum/index.php/topic,577.0.html

I don't know about your Castle SDTM issue, perhaps you are a noob player?

I have an issue with my Castle roll over switch not registering about 1 in 10 shots, seems the roll over wire doesn't sit up through the plastic very high. I have tried bending it but was a bit hesitant to be too aggressive and don't think I actually got it to sit any higher. I wanted to remove the switch to bend the wire but one of the screws was obscured by something, I will have another look when I get more time.

Also my balls don't exit the wireforms as smoothly as on the video, which slows the ball down a bit probably making gameplay slightly easier. I'm going to see if I can line mine up better to get the ball to retain more speed.

These are just small niggles and tweaks though, awesome game I'm really enjoying mine DOUBLE SUPER JACKPOT!

#397 4 years ago

I received my MMr some das ago. I notized that the flipper strength significantly decreases after 20-30minutes, although I set the strength on 4. I have not seen any complaints in this regard. Am I the only one? The weak legt flipper does nötig achieve to shoot the Right ramp up to the top.

#398 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

1. When the ball is returning from the right orbit at either from the stop or at a medium/moderately fast speed, it has a real tendency to hit or graze the top of the right slingshot and ricochet towards the center drain. It never used to do this before and was usually a clean drop down to the right flipper. I find myself having to give the pin a good nudge every time the ball comes down the orbit to make sure it clears the top of the sling. How does this compare to the original?
I'm guessing that adjusting the level from one side to the other would help this. Should I make the right side higher, or is that counterintuitive? I wonder why it should be behaving like this when my bubble level is so spot on.

I have that same issue, and have not yet been able to figure out how to fix it. I saw a reference in another thread that maybe ever so slightly bending the ball guide might help but I guess the risk is if you bend it too much then those balls that come down faster would get diverted towards center drain.

If you figure the best way to fix this out, let me know

#399 4 years ago

I have the same problem but I don't think it is a leveling issue because balls coming off the right joust hit or graze the right sling, and balls coming off the left joust hit or graze the left sling too. I think if anything, it may take some minor bending/tweaking of those stainless steel guides on the sides of the joust loops.

1 week later
#400 4 years ago

couldnt find the ball for ages ,i am stupid

20160211_183914_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
There are 7922 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 159.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside