image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 205.
#301 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

blades are not a problem. See post 50 and 51

What LTG said. The distance between the playfield and cabinet can be different for each machine. If the gap on yours is to small, blades are probably not going to work. Wait until you get your machine and check it out before you order any kind of blades....

#302 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I feel bad piling on the issues, since the game is mostly great, but the date & time credit dot appeared over the weekend. I've also seen a bit of screen tearing, so I opened a CGC ticket for the software update, per Lloyd's advice on the PPS forum.

Weird thing my date and time went out yesterday too for the first time

#303 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Weird thing my date and time went out yesterday too for the first time

As did mine over the weekend.

#304 8 years ago

Must be Gremlins! My date and time went out yesterday as well.

#305 8 years ago

I have the same problem, but the loss of time and date happens vary sporadically. I put in a ticket and a month latter received and installed a software update. After a month of operation I lost the time and date again. There is still a problem. I have since put in another ticket and have not heard anything from CGC.

I just posted the following on the PPS forum:
CGC (Lloyd excluded) customer service sucks. I have had a ticket open for 18 days without a single response from my so called assigned pinball technician Ron Lukwinski. Lack of communication seems to be the normal way CGC conducts all facets of it's business. All the ticket has ever said is, being processed since xx days xx hours. The last time I put in a ticket for this same problem, it took 30 days and numerous emails to Lloyd for CGC to respond. I understand this is a difficult problem, but absolutely no communication is unacceptable. I'm worried for the future when something big goes wrong with the MMR.

#306 8 years ago

Hey guys what was in your bag stapled inside? i only see a letter and the manual....am I missing something?

#307 8 years ago

Nope, thats it!

#308 8 years ago

no plastics?

#309 8 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Hey guys what was in your bag stapled inside? i only see a letter and the manual....am I missing something?

I_got_a_rock_(resized).jpgI_got_a_rock_(resized).jpg

#310 8 years ago

Not even a key fob!!

#311 8 years ago

A letter? I didn't get that just a manual, no warranty registration card either.

I wonder what support will be like in 5 to 10 years time when things really start happening?

#312 8 years ago

I got a bag of chunks of my stairs that the delivery guys gouged bringing the pin to my basement. It was the most incompetent pin delivery I have ever seen. I normally move pins myself but for warranty issues and for MMR in particular I let them bring it downstairs for me and set it up just in case there were problems. They shoved my other pins aside while they were still plugged in and busted the outlet that they were attached to as well as severely bending the plugs on 2 of my machines.

#313 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

no warranty registration card either.

Download it here :

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/Brochures/CGC_Warranty_Card_Pinball.pdf

LTG : )

#314 8 years ago

For 8k you guys want a key fob too? Greedy bastards.

#315 8 years ago

Is there an adjustment to make the video mode easier to attain? I'd like it so that friends could actually have a chance at getting it. Like set the spell FIRE to 4x's...?

#316 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is there an adjustment to make the video mode easier to attain? I'd like it so that friends could actually have a chance at getting it. Like set the spell FIRE to 4x's...?

yes in the settings

#317 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I think the minimum is 5 though?

#318 8 years ago

I set it to its minimum and for the last 8 months, I only got video mode 2 times with one being from Merlins castle. Would be nice if they could fix that on the update to make it available after spelling FIRE 3X or something like that. I think that is the right spot.

#319 8 years ago

I set it to its minimum and for the last 8 months, I only got video mode 2 times with one being from Merlins castle. Would be nice if they could fix that on the update to make it available after spelling FIRE 3X or something like that. I think that is the right spot.

No, you want it to be rare...trust me.

#320 8 years ago

Yes it definitely should be rare. I was disappointed first time I saw it. Was thinking wtf does this have to do with anything???

#321 8 years ago

Looking for some insight. Our family loves pinball. We left the community for a while and recently just signed back on to Pinside.
My family and friends all put deposits on the MMR. Approximately a year ago, We received a call to choose the rails for our machines. Since then We have called and left messages repeatedly. No one calls us back. I called the other line today and it says the VM is full. Why don't they simply tell us what's going on on the VM.

#322 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Opened mine last night, flippers felt strong enough. After I played a few games, they felt a bit weak for some reason. I doubt anything changed except for my perception. Turned them up to +3 and they feel strong, but not silly strong. I keep my games super steep, so that's probably a factor

Quoted from Leechman:

Mine does that too, I have mine set to +4 but seems to start getting weaker after longer games. Almost like lotr issue?

I got three thumbs down for this a year ago... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/18#post-1957893

#323 8 years ago
Quoted from nicholson12345:

No one calls us back.

That's pretty normal.

#324 8 years ago

5 FIREs is only 20 bottom inlane rollovers. 20 ramp shots or random feeds from the playfield. Not too hard. You have to pay attention and make sure you score a letter from every ramp shot.

Some games (original and possibly remake) have problem where the ball will bounce over the inlane switch after falling from the habitrail at speed. Put game in switch test and fling the ball around both ramps. If you don't see the inlane switch closing on each return, you'll have to fiddle with things (google for what others did)

#325 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Yes it definitely should be rare. I was disappointed first time I saw it. Was thinking wtf does this have to do with anything???

It's a throw back to a classic Williams game.... Defender.

#326 8 years ago
Quoted from nicholson12345:

Looking for some insight. Our family loves pinball. We left the community for a while and recently just signed back on to Pinside.
My family and friends all put deposits on the MMR. Approximately a year ago, We received a call to choose the rails for our machines. Since then We have called and left messages repeatedly. No one calls us back. I called the other line today and it says the VM is full. Why don't they simply tell us what's going on on the VM.

Called who? Who's your distributor?

#327 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

5 FIREs is only 20 bottom inlane rollovers. 20 ramp shots or random feeds from the playfield. Not too hard. You have to pay attention and make sure you score a letter from every ramp shot.

I actually never thought of that, I was simply relying on the accidental rollovers when the ball went to the outlanes. I still think an option to set it at 3X would be good since I have never seen any of my guests ever get that video mode. Some of my guests are league guys as well and they have never done it either at 5X. Besides, don't you like seeing that farmer pitchfork those turkeys or whatever the hell those three pixels are.

#328 8 years ago

It's like collecting Wh2O river letters, if you cycle the lanes it's going to be relatively easy to get if you can repeat ramp shots.

#329 8 years ago

I'd still do it today. My MMr flippers don't "suffer" from that.

#330 8 years ago

I worked on spelling fire pretty good on a 80+mill score game yesterday. Still missed it. I've only seen vid mode once and that was purely unintentional. I'm going to focus on it the next few days and see how often I can get it.

#331 8 years ago

IMO 5× default is good, I don't get it every game but I guess I get it around every 10 to 20 games. More often would make it boring.
I am a huge defender fan and I don't think that there is much resemblance. But I do think for a pinball it's a decent video mode. I get the extra ball about 2 thirds of the tries and finish it just over half the time so I think the difficulty is spot on. I like that you can use troll bombs also.

I rate it as better than DrWho video which is too easy and long and gets boring but not as good as fishtails video which is cool.

#332 8 years ago

MM video mode is good because there's actual skill involved. Try to stay near the middle, only attack birds that are going after kids, and if one does get a kid, save the bomb til it's almost off the screen to maximize additional kills.

Too many other flawed video modes out there to call this one bad. STTNG memorization, AFM mindless sweeping, HS2 parking between lanes, etc. FT is probably still the best. Can't believe they saddled GOT with a "game" that's worse than Apple ][ Swashbuckler.. Steve, I love your PINBALL games but you've GOT (no pun intended) to give up on video modes; your games are among the worst examples of them...

#333 8 years ago

So for us lazy people, which setting controls the video mode?

#334 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

So for us lazy people, which setting controls the video mode?

A.2 18&19

#335 8 years ago

I was wondering if it is still possible to get a NIB MMR or an HUO one? Have there been many for sale? Thanks

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I was wondering if it is still possible to get a NIB MMR or an HUO one? Have there been many for sale? Thanks

you can still order MMR although the standards are not suppose to ship until all LEs are produced. Some standards have been produced for shows and then sold afterwards. Games do pop up fs. There was one in the VA, MD, etc. FS thread.

#337 8 years ago

Okay that is good to know. Maybe I will place and order. How many LEs have been produced? Is the run almost done?

Thanks

#338 8 years ago
Quoted from Bobsolete:

I have the same problem, but the loss of time and date happens vary sporadically. I put in a ticket and a month latter received and installed a software update. After a month of operation I lost the time and date again. There is still a problem. I have since put in another ticket and have not heard anything from CGC.
CGC (Lloyd excluded) customer service sucks. I have had a ticket open for 18 days without a single response from my so called assigned pinball technician Ron Lukwinski. Lack of communication seems to be the normal way CGC conducts all facets of it's business. All the ticket has ever said is, being processed since xx days xx hours. The last time I put in a ticket for this same problem, it took 30 days and numerous emails to Lloyd for CGC to respond. I understand this is a difficult problem, but absolutely no communication is unacceptable. I'm worried for the future when something big goes wrong with the MMR.

Quoted from Bobsolete:

CGC (Lloyd excluded) customer service sucks. I have had a ticket open for 18 days without

Soooo any word on this issue? Mine is sporatic as well and the new year triggered it. Its relly just an annoyance but I would think an update of some sort would resolve it?

#339 8 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Okay that is good to know. Maybe I will place and order. How many LEs have been produced? Is the run almost done?

Thanks

1000 LE's were made and are currently sold out. You can order the Standard edition which are only available by pre-order through your local retailer or PPS. With the rate at which they are being made you might get one by Christmas.

#340 8 years ago

1000 LE's were made and are currently sold out. You can order the Standard edition which are only available by pre-order through your local retailer or PPS. With the rate at which they are being made you might get one by Christmas.

1000 may have been sold, but definitely not made yet.

#341 8 years ago

The good news is I know I will have standards in stock within 60 days, however as they continue to sell the wait gets longer.

Greg

#342 8 years ago
Quoted from Bobsolete:

I have recieved very quick responses from Lloyd and Ron. Ron even called me to talk about my ticket, so keep trying something must have happened for them to ignore your ticket.

#343 8 years ago
Quoted from rustyrivets:

I have recieved very quick responses from Lloyd and Ron. Ron even called me to talk about my ticket, so keep trying something must have happened for them to ignore your ticket.

Did you get resolution for this issue?

#344 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Did you get resolution for this issue?

Ya whats the deal. No resolution on this post either

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-error-time-date-not-set

#345 8 years ago
Quoted from rustyrivets:

I have always stated that Lloyd has responded almost immediately to both tickets I have entered. Unfortunately Lloyd isn't the person that's going to fix the problem, Ron is. Again the problem I'm having is with CGC not responding to my first ticket for 30 days and my second ticket going on 22 days. Both tickets are for the same problem. I have never talked to or emailed Ron, I don't think I should have too. I don't expect the problem to be resolved immediately, but I do expect some sort of response from CGC that the problem is being looked at. I don't think anybody can say this is good customer service.

#346 8 years ago
Quoted from Bobsolete:

I have always stated that Lloyd has responded almost immediately to both tickets I have entered. Unfortunately Lloyd isn't the person that's going to fix the problem, Ron is. Again the problem I'm having is with CGC not responding to my first ticket for 30 days and my second ticket going on 22 days. Both tickets are for the same problem. I have never talked to or emailed Ron, I don't think I should have too. I don't expect the problem to be resolved immediately, but I do expect some sort of response from CGC that the problem is being looked at. I don't think anybody can say this is good customer service.

I agree its not good service but just saying something may have happened and try putting the ticket in again. My issue was resolved rather quickly, just cant imagine why they would ignore yours.

#347 8 years ago

I had a minor issue w/ my MMr.

I submitted a ticket, received a response within an hour. Replacement part shipped same day.

#348 8 years ago

Has anyone else noticed how the different shades of the display are too bright on MMr ?
The 3 levels are almost the same brightness thus the DMD appears to be only 1-bit two colors (your color selection + black).

When you go in the special CGC menu, you see a square on the right ? It's supposed to show the 3 different shades.

mmr2_(resized).pngmmr2_(resized).png
mmr1_(resized).pngmmr1_(resized).png

I tried to fix the problem using the LCD controls (brightness and contrast).
I somewhat managed to fix the problem but the overall brightness of the display is much lower than I would like.

#349 8 years ago

Seems like the firmware update doesn't have the same priority as physical fixes. I'm not the only one who's opened a firmware ticket and heard nothing for days, or longer.

#350 8 years ago

Having an issue with my left flipper assembly. The pin that secures the rod(indicated in the picture below as an example) has come loose twice now in so many days, causing it to completely detach from the rest of the assembly. I was able to find the pin in the bottom of the cabinet and reinsert it and thought I had clamped it down hard enough, but apparently not enough for it to happen a second time now.

How can I secure this pin better? I had a heck of a time working on this part without removing the whole thing, so not sure if there's an easier way.

flipper_(resized).jpgflipper_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/7?hl=joeyitaliano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.