IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,189 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 204.
#3901 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Looking anyone's best guess here unless you have hard facts which as far as I know no one does.
I am looking to pick up an MMR - IF CGC is to offer an upgrade to the XL display in the future do you guys think it would be made available to Standard and LE owners or just LE. I am guessing just the LE owners would have a crack at this not standard. Or could they possibly offer it to LE owners at a substantial discount but Standard owners would be full price ($500 or whatever the fee).
I know its all just conjecture at this point.

Based on the way they handled the color chip, I would expect the kit or whatever they do to be available to both standard and le owners with the le owners getting a lower price

#3902 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Based on the way they handled the color chip, I would expect the kit or whatever they do to be available to both standard and le owners with the le owners getting a lower price

I can probably live with that, now to find a game!

#3903 5 years ago

assuming it ever shows up. Must be more than a year ago that CGC started to talk about it...

#3904 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Looking anyone's best guess here unless you have hard facts which as far as I know no one does.
I am looking to pick up an MMR - IF CGC is to offer an upgrade to the XL display in the future do you guys think it would be made available to Standard and LE owners or just LE. I am guessing just the LE owners would have a crack at this not standard. Or could they possibly offer it to LE owners at a substantial discount but Standard owners would be full price ($500 or whatever the fee).
I know its all just conjecture at this point.

I was told around a year ago by Doug Duba that the XL display would be available for all owners, and would also require the color chip to not alienate people that already bought that upgrade. My assumption is that since Standard owners already paid $200 extra for the chip, that the XL would be a fixed price, but I didn't think to ask at the time.

He also said the new screens were ready and they were just working out branding/packaging. A year seems an excessive amount of time for that so who knows if anything's changed. I haven't heard anything about them since that one was spotted in the wild last summer at Logan's.

#3905 5 years ago

CGC-Ryan Doug_Duba any news on this guys?

#3906 5 years ago

Thanks again Lloyd - I don't have the manual so this helped!

#3907 5 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

I don't have the manual

You can download it from here :

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/product/manuals

LTG : )

#3908 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Has anyone bought the troll mod with led eyes from Pinwize?
I bought them last year. Didnt dare do it on my own as it requires removing the troll mechs and stuff over my head so had a local guy that knows this stuff a lot better then me try to put them in. He said the design of the wires coming out the bottom of the trolls makes it so hits won't register on the trolls due to the way the wire was configured by Pinwize. Had another guy that was over yesterday that is a lot better tech and he said the same thing (after spending 30 minutes removing the troll mechs again).
I am upset as I paid Pinwize $120 for these things which I'm being told will not work due to how Pinwize did the wires. Has anyone had success installing these? Emailed the guy at Pinwize in Europe that made them but no reply yet.

#3909 5 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I installed them about 6 months ago and haven't had any issues. Feel free to pm me if you need some help

Thank you. Good to know it is possible but since I've had two guys try it in the past year and I don't have the knowledge to do it myself, not sure I have the money or patience to attempt it again.

If we do, I will reach out to you for instructions. Thanks!

#3910 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you. Good to know it is possible but since I've had two guys try it in the past year and I don't have the knowledge to do it myself, not sure I have the money or patience to attempt it again.
If we do, I will reach out to you for instructions. Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-mods-post-them-here

#3911 5 years ago

My only comment would be to consider using Comet Pinball flashers in place of the the left and right flashers, with cables running to the troll eyes separately. That keeps things further from the PCB and makes it interactive.

#3912 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

My only comment would be to consider using Comet Pinball flashers in place of the the left and right flashers, with cables running to the troll eyes separately. That keeps things further from the PCB and makes it interactive.

This is hooked directly to the PCB board.

3 weeks later
#3913 5 years ago

If anyone is interested in the "Coat of Arms" speaker grill inserts and williams logo please post your name in the link below. We are trying to get 10 people to commit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-coat-of-arms-speskergrill

#3914 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

If anyone is interested in the "Coat of Arms" speaker grill inserts and williams logo please post your name in the link below. We are trying to get 10 people to commit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-coat-of-arms-speskergrill

We also have rgb speaker lighting for mmr that I think would complement these...

https://lermods.com/products/medieval-madness-remake-pinball-led-strip-rgb-speaker-light-kit

1 week later
#3915 5 years ago

Just a quick bump to let you all know I have a brand new in box pf from PPS.

If you're planning to keep your MMR for years to come, there's nothing better than having a brand new of on hand.

Just think about how hard it is to find a NOS MM pf these days

#3916 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just a quick bump to let you all know I have a brand new in box pf from PPS.
If you're planning to keep your MMR for years to come, there's nothing better than having a brand new of on hand.
Just think about how hard it is to find a NOS MM pf these days

I thought PPS was selling them on their site?

#3917 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I thought PPS was selling them on their site?

The only MM pf you can easily come across now is from Mirco, and IMO, they're nowhere even close to original pfs.

The only I have is for MMR, and is from PPS. There are selling for $800 now.

If you're interested, we can make a deal.

#3918 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

The only MM pf you can easily come across now is from Mirco, and IMO, they're nowhere even close to original pfs.
The only I have is for MMR, and is from PPS. There are selling for $800 now.
If you're interested, we can make a deal.

Okay, that's what they're selling them for:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-36-50059MMR

#3919 5 years ago

Noob - picked up my MMR yesterday. Sitting at work today killing time. Want to order a couple spots and bulbs, but game obviously not with me. Questions if anyone in the know just happens to be on here right now:

Are the spots on the Castle wedge or twist - i'm assuming theyre wedge right now.
Also seeing posts on replacing bulbs on the slings with dual flex heads. Which particular bulbs has anyone used?

#3920 5 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Are the spots on the Castle wedge or twist - i'm assuming theyre wedge right now.

Yes, they're #555s, not #44s.

#3921 5 years ago

Shameless plug for a great product that I just installed into my mmr. Powered amp and subwoofer kit. Simple install. The 6” is a verified quick and easy install into mmr despite the depth of the troll mech. Massive bass now. Very affordable and simple for those (like me) that prefer not to have an external sub below my pins.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amplified-subwoofer-kits-by-pinwoofer

#3922 4 years ago

My buddy is having a problem when the ball falls in the moat the switch is not registering the ball. Anyone know off hand what switch I need to order for this area? Need to get it up and running by Friday night.

#3923 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Anyone know off hand what switch I need to order for this area? Need to get it up and running by Friday night.

Has anyone checked if the screw(s) came loose and the switch needs to be put back on ?

#3925 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Has anyone checked if the screw(s) came loose and the switch needs to be put back on ?

He’s one of the new breed of pinball owners. Buys every NIB LE that comes out and can’t figure out how to take the lockdown bar off the playfield. So the answer to your question is no. I even told him to check for that. He’s an hour away so just want to order the switch to be on the safe side before making the trip on Friday. Thanks for the info.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3926 4 years ago

Any news on the screen update for MMR?!

Cheers
Neil.

#3927 4 years ago

Nope.

#3928 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Any news on the screen update for MMR?!
Cheers
Neil.

‘It’s still in development.’
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-any-new-info-on-mmr-xl-display-options/page/2#post-4945171

If they release it, it will likely be released as a kit. They don’t want to leave previous MMr buyers behind. Awhile back, Doug said something about how there would be no pricing advantage/disadvantage in buying an MMR today or in a year from now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-any-new-info-on-mmr-xl-display-options#post-4399255

#3929 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

‘It’s still in development.’
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-any-new-info-on-mmr-xl-display-options/page/2#post-4945171
If they release it, it will likely be released as a kit. They don’t want to leave previous MMr buyers behind. Awhile back, Doug said something about how there would be no pricing advantage/disadvantage in buying an MMR today or in a year from now.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-any-new-info-on-mmr-xl-display-options#post-4399255

That is nice to hear if true

#3930 4 years ago

Personally I feel like if they want to release an XL version that’s fine, just remember us LE owners with a good sized consideration, especially if they already got us for the color upgrade.

#3931 4 years ago

I was playing my MMRLE on the weekend after not playing it for a while and when the multiball madness is displayed on the screen there is no extra balls that are launched for multi ball, do you know what could be causing this?
cheers
Trevor

#3932 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

do you know what could be causing this?

Balls magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough right ? New balls or :

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809

If it's always done this, then check the plunger that kicks the ball up to the shooter lane. If the tip is sticking up a fraction of an inch too high, it won't let the balls run into place. The plunger/coil is held to a bracket that is adjustable on the end of the ball trough. Loosen the four screws and move up or down. Not too much or it won't work right.

#3933 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Balls magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough right ? New balls or :
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809
If it's always done this, then check the plunger that kicks the ball up to the shooter lane. If the tip is sticking up a fraction of an inch too high, it won't let the balls run into place. The plunger/coil is held to a bracket that is adjustable on the end of the ball trough. Loosen the four screws and move up or down. Not too much or it won't work right.

Thanks LTG
The plunger was just sitting a little high, the ball was just getting stuck on the plunger rubber, lowered the plunger a bit and now multi ball is working great,
cheers

#3934 4 years ago

I've received my brand new MMR standard a few weeks back. I have noticed I am getting speaker noise out of the back box speakers the sounds like a computer fan running. Not loud but very noticeable in a quiet room. Does anyone else have this?

#3935 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Does anyone else have this?

The speaker connector plugs onto the lower right corner of that small board in the head. I would cut the cable ties and separate the wires to that connector from the other wires. And maybe put a ferrite bead on it. A little internet searching will turn that up if you need it.

#3936 4 years ago

Still have a brand new and sealed in box MMR playfield from Planetary.

PM if interested.

#3937 4 years ago

What strategy does everyone use to maximize earning extra balls? Castle first then what? Or do you not worry about them?

#3938 4 years ago

I was playing tonight, and in the middle of the game I heard a metallic "tink" sound. The left flipper immediately stopped working. I lifted the playfield, and this screw with washer was sitting on the coin box. I did a look around and couldn't see any empty spaces. Does anyone know where this goes, and more importantly, if it's the cause of the dead flipper?

MMr screw 1 (resized).jpgMMr screw 1 (resized).jpgMMr screw 2 (resized).jpgMMr screw 2 (resized).jpg
#3939 4 years ago

Yes. It’s part of the flipper. You have two and they’re identical. Look carefully at the working one and compare. You’ll find it.

#3940 4 years ago

Yup. Holds your flipper linkage together. Pretty important.

Same thing happened on mine. Easy fix.

#3941 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Does anyone know where this goes

See the pretty orange arrows ? They are pointing to where it goes. Allen head machine screw on this side, locknut on the other end.

bec75d06029c6b21c231a4adc61a5606985a93d1 (resized).jpgbec75d06029c6b21c231a4adc61a5606985a93d1 (resized).jpg
#3942 4 years ago

Is CGC making any of these in the CE currently? Is the price the same as MBr CE? Thanks.

#3943 4 years ago

There is no CE of MM. Just the LE for the first 1000 people, and now the Standard Edition, which is $8k.

#3944 4 years ago

Thanks guys...I'll get it put back together tonight. My wife was pretty upset that I "broke" her favorite game!

#3945 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Thanks guys...I'll get it put back together tonight. My wife was pretty upset that I "broke" her favorite game!

Happened to me too. Do you have a shaker on the machine? That's what I attributed it to.

#3946 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Happened to me too. Do you have a shaker on the machine? That's what I attributed it to.

No shaker...except for me when the ball is headed down the outlane!

#3947 4 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

What strategy does everyone use to maximize earning extra balls? Castle first then what? Or do you not worry about them?

I believe there are 7 way to get extra balls to get your game to a total of 10 balls. I can only think of 6 of those ways now. These are in no particular order in how to achieve

1. Blow up 2 castles
2. Collect 10 hurry ups
3. Complete royal madness
4. Collect the super jackpot in castle multiball
5. Collect in video mode. Not sure how many of the birds you need to wack but its quite a few
6. Mystery award

I usually get mine in this order

1. Blow up 2 castles
2. Royal madness
3. 10 hurry ups
4. super jackpot collect

the rest are hard. Video mode is difficult to get to let alone get far enough in it to get the extra ball. Not sure when it comes up in mystery but I have gotten it before.

I don't seek the extra balls but they come naturally as you progress through the game. I typically always get at least 2 when I am playing a game.

#3948 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I believe there are 7 way to get extra balls to get your game to a total of 10 balls.

You can also set replay to extra ball if you so desire

#3949 4 years ago

Also, with the extra balls, once BFTK ends, some of the stuff starts over, so you can get another extra ball after the 2nd castle every time.....
Also, Royal Madness is there...I have gotten 3-4 extra balls from completing Royal Madness multiple times....

I think my record is 12 extra balls in one game....

4 XB from the 2nd castle destroyed....
2 from Castle multiball...
4 from Royal Madness.....
1 from video Mode..
1 from hurry up....

Basically, there are plenty of extra balls available....

#3950 4 years ago

Brand new MMR play field from PPS.

Selling for $700!

They are $800 here:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-36-50059MMR

PM if interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,189 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/79?hl=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.