IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 204.
#3851 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Curious on what most people have set for flipper strength these days. I've since gone to -6 as it feels just about like my other B/W 90s games, anything stronger makes hitting ramps too easy, and castle shots literally bounce off the gate (sometimes even back onto the playfield vs falling into the moat. I keep the game leveled at 6.5, but for me -6 seems to be the best setting, especially when cleaning/waxing every 4 months or so.

-2 here as well. I have my game leveled at 7 degrees, so the extra power makes the ramps consistent. I do get hops from the moat, but it doesn't come back into the playfield.

At 6.5 my feeds from the left and right orbits hit the tops of the slings (and I'm not comfortable bending the guides). My nudging is OK, but I'm not Bowen and can't consistently hit the machine at the right time to get the ball to drop cleanly to the flipper. Even at 7, the ball will often hit the lower part of the sling, but I can usually fight that back into control.

#3852 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

-2 here as well. I have my game leveled at 7 degrees, so the extra power makes the ramps consistent. I do get hops from the moat, but it doesn't come back into the playfield.
At 6.5 my feeds from the left and right orbits hit the tops of the slings (and I'm not comfortable bending the guides). My nudging is OK, but I'm not Bowen and can't consistently hit the machine at the right time to get the ball to drop cleanly to the flipper. Even at 7, the ball will often hit the lower part of the sling, but I can usually fight that back into control.

Yeah, I ended up bending my orbit rails a bit and it changed everything -The ball shouldn't be hitting the slings. On a moat eject the ball can now roll down to a fully raised left flipper, bounce up, and then come back down to a rest on our machine.

#3853 5 years ago

I’m the 2nd owner of a MMr that I received with 107 plays and a build date of March 2nd, 2018. Is there any way to transfer the warranty to me?

I was able to with the AFMrSE I got with 136 plays. Has anyone had luck with MMr?

#3854 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Yeah, I ended up bending my orbit rails a bit and it changed everything -The ball shouldn't be hitting the slings. On a moat eject the ball can now roll down to a fully raised left flipper, bounce up, and then come back down to a rest on our machine.

Had same issue with just the right orbit most of the time hitting the top of the right sling or it would hit the middle of the sling and sometimes go straight to the outer left lane and drain.

I did the same rail bend truck (insert small flat head screwdriver between rail and rubber post and just turn slightly) to get it to adjust out a little and while that works, it’s only temporary, in my case, unless you really modify the rail which probably means taking it out. So I just bought a few rubber washers from Lowe’s that are not too thin\thick and cut it so it matched the shape of the vertical rubber post and inserted it between the rail and post and problem solved. Is it perfect, no, but now when the ball exits the right orbit, it goes straight to the right flipper every time. Sometimes I’m able to catch it, other times not.

#3855 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

Is there any way to transfer the warranty to me?

No.

Quoted from New_England:

I was able to with the AFMrSE I got with 136 plays.

You shouldn't have been able to.

LTG : )

#3856 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

You shouldn't have been able to.

Guess I got lucky then. I was sent a PIC 2.0 chip, the correct skill shot metal, and a mostly complete set of plastics since mince had the cracking issue.

I wanted to make a ticket for my MMr. I’ve noticed that sometimes my multiball lock will show “lock lit” after I’ve already gotten to ball 1. I’ve also been awarded lock lit from Merlin when it’s already been locked.

I also noticed that my left troll is a bit crooked and doesn’t fit flush on the wood.

#3857 5 years ago

Hi all, I need some help identifying the part number for this guy. It's the upper most bolt on a sling star post, It's 2.75" long and is 8/32 on both ends. Goes through the playfield and bolts the service rail to the playfield as well. Thanks

20190210_155909 (resized).jpg20190210_155909 (resized).jpg
#3858 5 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I need some help identifying the part number for this guy.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4254

This one ?

#3859 5 years ago

Thanks LTG, I was looking for an hour on Marco . Right under my nose

#3860 5 years ago

Has anyone else noticed the lock lit or troll displacement issues?

#3861 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

wanted to make a ticket for my MMr. I’ve noticed that sometimes my multiball lock will show “lock lit” after I’ve already gotten to ball 1.

Is this on the first multiball?

#3862 5 years ago

That one does not have MM compatibility. The one pictured is not the same, longer playfield engagement thread in the picture. This is the one I used to replace the lower damsel (rightside) ramp return wireform hold down, the one that goes through the sling plastic. Still not what he pictured though. Where was that pictured post stud located in the game?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4425-1

#3863 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Is this on the first multiball?

It’s happening with the first multiball for sure. Seems to be happening for the second as well. I don’t believe I have the most recent code update.

#3864 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

It’s happening with the first multiball for sure. Seems to be happening for the second as well

Very strange and something I have not had happen on my machine.

#3865 5 years ago

Very strange and something I have not had happen on my machine.

I took the glass off and looked into it more.

Multiball 1: doesn’t require lock lit. Only needs three hits to achieve multiball.

Multiball 2+: lock required after each ball hit. (Ball lock+ball 1, ball lock+ball 2, ball lock+multi ball.)

#3866 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

took the glass off and looked into it more.

Multiball 1: doesn’t require lock lit. Only needs three hits to achieve multiball.

Multiball 2+: lock required after each ball hit. (Ball lock+ball 1, ball lock+ball 2, ball lock+multi ball.)

Correct. Thats why I was asking if it happened on first multiball too.

#3867 5 years ago

Correct. Thats why I was asking if it happened on first multiball too.

Is that normal? Seems to me that it should lock the first and only time, then the next three hits unlocks multiball. That’s how my AFMr is set up.

#3868 5 years ago

Yes. That's how mine is. It's also that way on my AFMr SE. On MB #2 I have to light lock, lock ball and then light lock again.

#3869 5 years ago

So, a few months ago I posted about a problem I was having with the tower lock solenoid on my MMR (the post that holds the ball temporarily while the "you saved the damsel" animation plays). It would stick in the extended position, requiring the player to either tilt/jostle the machine to get it to drop, or in the worst case, open the machine to retrieve the ball.

Well, after a long while of small adjustments (because I didn't want to desolder/disconnect the parts), I finally caved and opened it up. The solenoid was totally fine. Outside the machine, it worked great, was clean, looked fine, had no problems at all. I put it back in the machine and the problem was worse than it was before I took it out. I finally realized that due to the way it was mounted, the post was rubbing against the orbit rail when extended.

I bent the bracket a little bit to angle the post better, and there's no more interference. Everything is back to working 100%!

My buddy who helped me with the repair had been petitioning me to shrink the outlanes, too. I finally caved, and we reduced the outlanes to the minimum setting. I find the machine MUCH easier now (but haven't played enough to break any high scores), but he's convinced it's made no difference at all. One little trick I did was I used a permanent marker to draw a circle around the original placement of the outlane posts, so if I ever want to return it to default, I know exactly where that was. Figure it'll help either me or the next owner!

#3870 5 years ago

Has anyone else noticed the disconnect between the rating of our wonderful game and the number of people wanting to buy or trade for one? There was a time I was considering trading it and noone I contacted was interested. I also rarely see it on wish lists or listed on trade ads. Anyone have an opinion on why?

#3871 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Anyone have an opinion on why?

My opinion would be since MMR first came out, how many different new games have been built or announced. The market can only take so much, even for MM.

#3872 5 years ago

Although MM was never RARE it was always in demand. Now anyone who wants one can have one so it's not like people are climbing over one another when one pops up anymore.

That said I don't see pinball people ever not wanting MMs. You list one for a fair price and I'm sure you'll get it. It's still a great game... it's just a great game you can have for 8K brand new now.

#3873 5 years ago

Linking my post here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-tame-cointakers-shaker-motor/page/2#post-4839952

Hoping someone here has installed a power control motor for their shaker motor (looking to dial it back a bit, as even on low it's too much)

I can't figure out which color is + and -

#3874 5 years ago

Made it to Royal Madness, but missed completing it by a shot or two. Finally beat all the kings men. My highest score yet. I’ll beat this thing one day!

0475E0D1-9D7E-402C-B48B-AA22701E788A (resized).jpeg0475E0D1-9D7E-402C-B48B-AA22701E788A (resized).jpeg
#3875 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I’ll beat this thing one day!

I've been saying that for over a year now!!

#3876 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Linking my post here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-tame-cointakers-shaker-motor/page/2#post-4839952
Hoping someone here has installed a power control motor for their shaker motor (looking to dial it back a bit, as even on low it's too much)

Looks to me like it doesn't matter - yellow connects to yellow and blue connects to blue.

1 week later
#3877 5 years ago

Now that I've made some room I'm looking to join the club! Anyone know of a place that has MMR in stock?

#3878 5 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Anyone know of a place that has MMR in stock?

Try Chris at Kingpin Games - 608-393-2299

#3879 5 years ago

Thanks Lloyd! Looks like I just need to be patient, everyone is saying late April for the next run.

#3880 5 years ago

*Dumb question alert*

Have not been following MMR too closely over the years and my Google-Fu is weak, but how many production runs of MMR have there been? If I recall correctly, the first was done with Stern's help. Was that the only one so far or has CGC built some on their own since then?

#3881 5 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Was that the only one so far or has CGC built some on their own since then?

Stern only did the first ones.

CGC has done all games themselves since then.

#3882 5 years ago

Good to know.

My concern was that if CGC had only previously used Stern to assemble MMR, It might be longer than anticipated for the next run as they worked out the kinks. I am also not keen on trying to grab the first thing off any assembly line.

#3883 5 years ago

I'm still waiting to find out if the insert text was fixed on these, please don't spoil it for me. I'm only on page 20 of this thread, trying to get caught up before my MMR gets here in April.

neverending-story-movie (resized).jpgneverending-story-movie (resized).jpg
#3884 5 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I'm still waiting to find out if the insert text was fixed on these, please don't spoil it for me. I'm only on page 20 of this thread, trying to get caught up before my MMR gets here in April.
[quoted image]

Did you ever catch that his mothers name was Moonchilde? I never did until I read about it on the web. I just thought he was screaming into the storm.

#3885 5 years ago

Hey guys.
I was reading on the AFMR thread about everyone turning down their flipper coil strength; is this necessary on MMR as well?
Thanks.

#3886 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Hey guys.
I was reading on the AFMR thread about everyone turning down their flipper coil strength; is this necessary on MMR as well?
Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/77#post-4826891

#3887 5 years ago

Made a mod for my MMR. I might do the rest of the towers and the skulls eyes. Not sure yet.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_thumbnail1551574007507 (resized).jpgUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_thumbnail1551574007507 (resized).jpgUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_thumbnail1551583443220 (resized).jpgUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_thumbnail1551583443220 (resized).jpg
#3888 5 years ago

I updated to the latest code but when I turn on MMR it says Rev1.0. Is that right? Seems odd. When I tried to reinstall the new code it indicated version 2.0.1 was already installed??

#3889 5 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

I updated to the latest code but when I turn on MMR it says Rev1.0. Is that right

Yes, you hit the enter button and you see 1.0, the Williams version.

You updated the CGC code. Go into the CGC menu ( page 1-10 in the manual or -

) first page on the CGC menu shows what version CGC software is in your game.

#3890 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go into the CGC menu

Hold the Escape button down five seconds or so and you go into the CGC menu.

#3891 5 years ago

I have a brand new in box, never opened, MMR playfield from PPS.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-36-50059MMR

I was planning to keep it for a future pf swap, but I'm my MMR is going to a new owner, and I no longer need the pf.

Get in touch if you'd like to make a deal and take it off my hands. I can ship anywhere in Canada/USA.

#3892 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Linking my post here

Take the cover off the shaker and move the weights.

#3893 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hold the Escape button down five seconds or so and you go into the CGC menu.

Thanks Lloyd - As always, your guidance works. I have one more question. I can't get the volume below 8 and it is still very loud. Any way to get it lower?

#3894 5 years ago

Value question - I picked up an MMR LE with chrome rails. Does this devalues the machine. Aside from the shaker motor and LE sticker, it seems to be Standard in every other way. Am I missing something?

#3895 5 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

I can't get the volume below 8 and it is still very loud. Any way to get it lower?

I hate when that happens. Don't you hate when that happens ?

Page 1-35 in the manual. Hit Enter Button - go to Standard Adjustments A.1 28 Minimum Volume Override - Change to Yes.

#3896 5 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

Am I missing something?

No. Someone chose stainless steel rails and legs instead of gold powder coat rails and legs.

Shouldn't effect value.

#3897 5 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

Value question - I picked up an MMR LE with chrome rails. Does this devalues the machine. Aside from the shaker motor and LE sticker, it seems to be Standard in every other way. Am I missing something?

You could get an LE in “gold”, black or stainless. If it’s truly chrome, it’s an aftermarket upgrade and probably not a cheap one, I’d call it a value add.

#3898 5 years ago

Has anyone bought the troll mod with led eyes from Pinwize?

I bought them last year. Didnt dare do it on my own as it requires removing the troll mechs and stuff over my head so had a local guy that knows this stuff a lot better then me try to put them in. He said the design of the wires coming out the bottom of the trolls makes it so hits won't register on the trolls due to the way the wire was configured by Pinwize. Had another guy that was over yesterday that is a lot better tech and he said the same thing (after spending 30 minutes removing the troll mechs again).

I am upset as I paid Pinwize $120 for these things which I'm being told will not work due to how Pinwize did the wires. Has anyone had success installing these? Emailed the guy at Pinwize in Europe that made them but no reply yet.

#3899 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Has anyone bought the troll mod with led eyes from Pinwize?
I bought them last year. Didnt dare do it on my own as it requires removing the troll mechs and stuff over my head so had a local guy that knows this stuff a lot better then me try to put them in. He said the design of the wires coming out the bottom of the trolls makes it so hits won't register on the trolls due to the way the wire was configured by Pinwize. Had another guy that was over yesterday that is a lot better tech and he said the same thing (after spending 30 minutes removing the troll mechs again).
I am upset as I paid Pinwize $120 for these things which I'm being told will not work due to how Pinwize did the wires. Has anyone had success installing these? Emailed the guy at Pinwize in Europe that made them but no reply yet.

I installed them about 6 months ago and haven't had any issues. Feel free to pm me if you need some help

#3900 5 years ago

Looking anyone's best guess here unless you have hard facts which as far as I know no one does.

I am looking to pick up an MMR - IF CGC is to offer an upgrade to the XL display in the future do you guys think it would be made available to Standard and LE owners or just LE. I am guessing just the LE owners would have a crack at this not standard. Or could they possibly offer it to LE owners at a substantial discount but Standard owners would be full price ($500 or whatever the fee).

I know its all just conjecture at this point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/78?hl=jesperpark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.