IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 204.
#3801 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I have cold white in it and spotlights, makes a big difference

Any chance you have before and after pics you can post?

Thanks!

#3802 5 years ago

Hey all.
Curious as to where I would find matching mirror blades (to my AFMLE and MBLE) for my MMRLE. Any ideas?

#3803 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Any chance you have before and after pics you can post?
Thanks!

Before not, but can make an after picture tomorrow.

#3804 5 years ago

I found some on my iPhone, hope it helps

41B1877C-4688-44DD-A751-FBBDFD7919E1 (resized).jpeg41B1877C-4688-44DD-A751-FBBDFD7919E1 (resized).jpeg0E2071B0-91D0-4478-A1D9-E41F3206C1CF (resized).jpeg0E2071B0-91D0-4478-A1D9-E41F3206C1CF (resized).jpeg149A6953-CCD2-4B99-9664-3448D051A8E8 (resized).jpeg149A6953-CCD2-4B99-9664-3448D051A8E8 (resized).jpeg178A2E8B-00D0-4FA2-B9D6-651012D936DB (resized).jpeg178A2E8B-00D0-4FA2-B9D6-651012D936DB (resized).jpeg793F9B32-C3CF-4F9A-895B-692F56736503 (resized).jpeg793F9B32-C3CF-4F9A-895B-692F56736503 (resized).jpegAB20317F-0109-4F02-A210-E682B2D2456C (resized).jpegAB20317F-0109-4F02-A210-E682B2D2456C (resized).jpegB9E2781D-D39E-4485-8DA2-C5B9C69645CD (resized).jpegB9E2781D-D39E-4485-8DA2-C5B9C69645CD (resized).jpeg
#3805 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I found some on my iPhone, hope it helps

Thanks for posting these looks great. Much brighter. What bulbs did you use?

#3806 5 years ago

Thanks for posting these looks great. Much brighter. What bulbs did you use?

Comet 2smd cold white, don’t forget to add the spotlights, they are doing the most of the job

#3807 5 years ago

Please tell me about mirror blades that fit!!
Also, besides pinstadium, how do I light the machine? Next to AFMLE and HOU it is DARK!!!!!

#3808 5 years ago

Can you please post a photo of these installed? The website doesn't have any information like what is "high gloss Vivak"?

#3809 5 years ago

"Vivak" is a trade name for PETG material. Now what they are using to adhere the protector to the cabinet has me curious. I know the button will hold in place but what stops the edges from lifting away from the cabinet?

#3810 5 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

"Vivak" is a trade name for PETG material. Now what they are using to adhere the protector to the cabinet has me curious. I know the button will hold in place but what stops the edges from lifting away from the cabinet?

I'll take a picture later. The protector is held on by the flipper button, all you have to do is unscrew the recess holed large hex nut inside the cab and pop the plastic button assembly thru to the cab outside. Just a press fit when re-assembled, no adhesive. Sits nice and flush unless someone tries to bend it away from the cab. Looks and functions acceptably to me. I noticed fingernail divots around the flipper buttons, minor now, and wanted to stop it. I play 99% of the games so may be i need a nail clipping. jk. I think it's normal button area wear to be prevented and a quite easy fix at that. There are so cheap, buy a few sets and if they do get bent, just replace them. It would take a dedicated effort to bend them away from the cab so no worries there anyway. Probably not a good idea for routed machines as someone could bend them.

#3811 5 years ago

Hey Guys. Where can I buy mirror blades for MMRLE and is there a link to a topic that addresses lighting up the Playfield more that isn't pin stadium? Thanks!

#3812 5 years ago

Yup, this thread for lighting. Around post #78

Personally I added double spots above each sling, swapped all bulbs to cool white, added light under knight catapult plastic, light behind Merlin plastic, another light hidden behind Merlin plastic shining at front of castle, and a white trough light

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/2

#3813 5 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Can you please post a photo of these installed? The website doesn't have any information like what is "high gloss Vivak"?

Installed picture. Not sure what that vertical line is maybe a reflection, in the picture.

Flipper button cab protector (resized).jpgFlipper button cab protector (resized).jpg
#3814 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Hey Guys. Where can I buy mirror blades for MMRLE and is there a link to a topic that addresses lighting up the Playfield more that isn't pin stadium? Thanks!

https://cointaker.com/t/side-mirrow

I have some on mine, and they look great. They are prone to scratching though. I would recommend using some felt on parts of the playfield that con potentially rub against them. You could also pick up some of these to protect them when you need to lift the playfield. https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#3815 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

https://cointaker.com/t/side-mirrow
I have some on mine, and they look great. They are prone to scratching though. I would recommend using some felt on parts of the playfield that con potentially rub against them. You could also pick up some of these to protect them when you need to lift the playfield. https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

What about these? I sent an email requesting whether or not they would fit a remake. I believe it is these ones that say scratches can be buffed out?

http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

#3816 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

What about these? I sent an email requesting whether or not they would fit a remake. I believe it is these ones that say scratches can be buffed out?
http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

I don't have any experience with the PDI blades, but they would likely work as well. I imagine you could buff out scratches, but it may be a lot of work. Those blade protectors I recommended do a great job at preventing scratches.

#3817 5 years ago

Seems like I will be joining the club in under two weeks!

#3818 5 years ago

i have 1 ket speaker grills in stock
if you are interested send me a pm

1e57727ad4a3c14a807d4833362e16becef811f3 (resized).jpg1e57727ad4a3c14a807d4833362e16becef811f3 (resized).jpg
#3819 5 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i have 1 ket speaker grills in stock
if you are interested send me a pm[quoted image]

Any more mirrored Williams Logos in stock?

#3820 5 years ago

MMr Flipper strength questions: 1) When the ball comes flying around the loop straight to the left or right flipper, my machine never sends the ball off of the flippers at a similar fast pace. My flippers are otherwise able to hit the ramps in regular play. Could this still be a flipper power settings issue? Or, maybe I just have consistently poor timing? 2). I managed together to Royal Madness twice last night. Both times, as Royal Madness progressed, I felt like my flippers were losing strength. Is this possible?

For context, I've owned my MMr since it was NIB and it does not get played as much as I would like. Flipper strength and everything else is still on factory settings. The machine is set at 6.5. Thanks for any input.

#3821 5 years ago

The off the loop is a matter of angle. If you move your flipper angle up slightly that helps.

The power loss, I haven't experienced, and I play my game on -2 so it feels more like an older game, lol.

#3822 5 years ago

I have an issue with the left habitrail balls making it to the flipper. Mine allows the ball to fall off mid playfield. I've attempted to tweak the angle of the wireform but cant seem to get the right angle to get it to stay on the rails when it goes to just the two wires before getting to the flipper. I am sure there is a correct angle for it but I just haven't seemed to find it yet.

#3823 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I have an issue with the left habitrail balls making it to the flipper. Mine allows the ball to fall off mid playfield. I've attempted to tweak the angle of the wireform but cant seem to get the right angle to get it to stay on the rails when it goes to just the two wires before getting to the flipper. I am sure there is a correct angle for it but I just haven't seemed to find it yet.

There's a mini-post on the top of the Merlin plastic that can interfere with balls on the left wireform, especially if you have a plastic protector on the Merlin plastic. I had to clip the top of the post off on my MMr.

#3824 5 years ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

There's a mini-post on the top of the Merlin plastic that can interfere with balls on the left wireform, especially if you have a plastic protector on the Merlin plastic. I had to clip the top of the post off on my MMr.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

#3825 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Do you have a shaker installed? I just had a similar problem. Just observe where the ball falls off the wireform. In my MMR, the screw on top that holds the wireform down had loosened and was sticking up far enough the the ball hit it. That's right near the merlin figure plastic right after the wireform originates from the plastic turnaround. I figure the shaker did this, I also had the left flipper solenoid bracket loose a screw, had to find it in the cab and re-install it. Easy fix there as well. Flipper symptom was that the flipper stayed stuck in the up position.

#3826 5 years ago

Hello fellow pinsiders, hope everyone is doing great.

I just joined the club and I am still making my way through this thread but so far I haven’t seen any reference to something that my display is doing.

Is it normal to have a blue box in the top right corner that shows 60hz and the resolution on the display? Looking straight ahead while playing you can barely see it. I’ve tried all the buttons on the display controls but all I could do was turn off the entire monitor.

Thanks for any help and psyched to be a part of the club.

BA8C2F21-E62A-464A-B41C-2D2BF8224077 (resized).jpegBA8C2F21-E62A-464A-B41C-2D2BF8224077 (resized).jpeg9E1C8132-49F0-4A43-84F9-FC4BC90A959B (resized).jpeg9E1C8132-49F0-4A43-84F9-FC4BC90A959B (resized).jpeg
#3827 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Is it normal to have a blue box in the top right corner that shows 60hz and the resolution on the display?

Definitely not normal. Mine only shows that for a few seconds when it's booting up.

#3828 5 years ago

Well I took the display out and tried all the buttons again to see if anything (like a menu) shows up at the top or bottom where it might be hidden when installed and nothing showed up.

I tried the buttons individually, tried holding each button, tried button combinations and the only button that did anything was the Select/Exit button (2nd one from right) and that turned off the display which was odd as the first button on the right is labeled Power but that didn’t do anything.

I also tried unplugging the mini HDMI connector from the main board and that didn’t do anything, did this while machine was off.

Hoping I am not the only one where this has happened but so far it’s looking grim.

Thanks for any help.

Edit: I started a technical issue thread, see below, about this issue and will continue to update over there until it’s resolved to avoid spamming up this thread, thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-display-lcd-issue#post-4814278

#3829 5 years ago

MRBLE #393 came home today. They did a little damage to the box, but I could not see damage to the pin. Will check it soon.

#3830 5 years ago

Hello guys! I need a replacement for the drawbridge motor board. Do you know if the MMR version is compatible with the original MM pin? I have bought the one on this website (link below) but noticed only after the payment that it is marked as for MMR. At first look it seems the same board with updated components..If not compatibile i could ask to remove it from the order and save the return shipping cost..

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/medieval-madness-remake-motor-driver-board.html

Do anyone have an idea about or have both original and remake to try a board swap? The seller is not answering..

Thanks for your help!

#3831 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Hello guys! I need a replacement for the drawbridge motor board. Do you know if the MMR version is compatible with the original MM pin? I have bought the one on this website (link below) but noticed only after the payment that it is marked as for MMR. At first look it seems the same board with updated components..If not compatibile i could ask to remove it from the order and save the return shipping cost..
http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/medieval-madness-remake-motor-driver-board.html
Do anyone have an idea about or have both original and remake to try a board swap? The seller is not answering..
Thanks for your help!

I’m almost positive that they are not compatible. @ltg should be able to clarify.

#3832 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Any more mirrored Williams Logos in stock?

I would like to purchase one of those as well

#3833 5 years ago

Well I started to get worried as not scoring above a couple million but finally got it leveled, slightly modified the right guide rail and adjusted the flippers, on default settings finally broke 50M, not bad for just a day of play and never playing this before.

Now just gotta get that blue info box off there and I’ll be golden.

C9258379-4995-44DA-8492-30A37B9C3CDC (resized).jpegC9258379-4995-44DA-8492-30A37B9C3CDC (resized).jpeg
#3834 5 years ago

Have you opened a ticket with CGC?

#3835 5 years ago

slightly modified the right guide rail [quoted image]

What did you do to it? Just curious because on mine when I hit the left orbit I get a lot of sdm drains coming around that right guide rail so I try to avoid that shot

#3836 5 years ago
Quoted from britrex1:

What did you do to it? Just curious because on mine when I hit the left orbit I get a lot of sdm drains coming around that right guide rail so I try to avoid that shot

Shouldn't be like this at all, so long as your game is level.

My suggestion would be to invest in a digital level. Then when you know you're good there, it might be time to check the guide rail.

I had to manipulate the one on the right so that I didn't have the ball bouncing off of the slingshot every time it came down.

If I were home I would take a picture of where my guide rail ends and meets the posts. that way you could compare and see how far your game is off.

Maybe someone else can take a quick photo for you.

#3837 5 years ago

Well I started to get worried as not scoring above a couple million but finally got it leveled, slightly modified the right guide rail and adjusted the flippers, on default settings finally broke 50M, not bad for just a day of play and never playing this before.
[quoted image]

Try setting the replay award to extra ball, that will help your score get comfortably about the GC 52,000,000.

#3838 5 years ago

Have you opened a ticket with CGC?

Ticket opened today, here’s hoping.

Quoted from britrex1:

The end of the right metal rail right where it ends and there is a bumper, I stuck a small screwdriver (flat tip) and turned gently to bend it out a little as when the ball came from the right side it would either hit the top of the right sling and/or hit the sling directly and cause a lot of outer drains. I got through this thread and there was A LOT of useful tips and advice and I think Damien did something similar. Only problem is it’s only temporary as it seems to go back so thinking of putting a delrin or rubber washer in between the rail and bumper. I figured if it was black, you wouldn’t see it unless you were looking for it. My game is as level as I can get it and between 6.5 and 7.0, probably 6.7ish. Hope that helps.

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Try setting the replay award to extra ball, that will help your score get comfortably about the GC 52,000,000.

Thanks for the tip, trying to keep everything factory so in case I ever do make it to a tournament, it won’t be such a shock. I did adjust the outer lanes a little as the drains were killing me and mine is SO SENSITIVE on the tilt, even when the plumb bob is really low.

I finally broke the 60M mark, completed Royal Madness, it was a nail biter as the time ran out and I hit a last minute ramp which saved me and completed it with a final Joust shot, so satisfying earning that extra ball.

I also got the video mode “Save the Children “ for the first time as again was nervous as heck but saw a lot of tips to stay near the middle and it worked, completed that and got about 4.8M.

Not bad for just two days of off and on play, probably about 15 games.

#3839 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

I’m almost positive that they are not compatible. @ltg should be able to clarify.

Thanks! Really hope he can clarify this!!

#3840 5 years ago

Ticket opened today, here’s hoping

Let us know what they say. It sounds like there's some kind of issue with the sync or vid circuit that feeds the LCD. I'm sure CGC will get you fixed up.

#3841 5 years ago

Let us know what they say. It sounds like there's some kind of issue with the sync or vid circuit that feeds the LCD. I'm sure CGC will get you fixed up.

Will do, I’m posting all the updates and details of what I tried so far at the below thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-display-lcd-issue#post-4817590

#3842 5 years ago

Found this inside my cabinet. Any idea what switch it might belong to???

IMG_20190203_125206 (resized).jpgIMG_20190203_125206 (resized).jpg
#3843 5 years ago

Is there anything not working correctly ?

If it is a switch part, maybe one of the rollover switches....

#3844 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Found this inside my cabinet. Any idea what switch it might belong to???[quoted image]

If I had to guess I would check the ramp switch under the dragon or one of the other ramps

#3845 5 years ago

Didn’t think I’d be able to get to BFTK for a long time but it happened.

Couldn’t believe it. I scored 105M and then figured why not one more game and figured it would be a quick one, glad to be wrong on this.

After just 3 days and about 40 or so plays, I got to it. It was the first time destroying Payne’s castle and I just had those darn trolls left, didn’t get them in previous multi-balls but after destroying the last castle, trolls were lit, shot it in there after the castle eject and just hit two of them, then it happens , BFTK was lit, got it in there and then chaos commenced.

Was shaking like crazy but got all the shots left but the Peasants and then it’s like someone turned on the drain switch as two went SDTM in unison while another drained on the side and it wasn’t much longer till I lost the final ball. Was intense and got my highest so far, 173M and finally got a record on the other scores (Damsel - 6). Still can’t beat that 20M default Madness score.

Anyway, I felt proud as having never played the physical game before getting this a few days ago and using all default settings with the exception of the out lane adjustments and a loose tilt (still very sensitive).
944B6A7B-159A-4221-B8AF-E56B0C488552 (resized).jpeg944B6A7B-159A-4221-B8AF-E56B0C488552 (resized).jpeg

#3846 5 years ago

Didn’t think I’d be able to get to BFTK for a long time but it happened.
Couldn’t believe it. I scored 105M and then figured why not one more game and figured it would be a quick one, glad to be wrong on this.
After just 3 days and about 40 or so plays, I got to it. It was the first time destroying Payne’s castle and I just had those darn trolls left, didn’t get them in previous multi-balls but after destroying the last castle, trolls were lit, shot it in there after the castle eject and just hit two of them, then it happens , BFTK was lit, got it in there and then chaos commenced.
Was shaking like crazy but got all the shots left but the Peasants and then it’s like someone turned on the drain switch as two went SDTM in unison while another drained on the side and it wasn’t much longer till I lost the final ball. Was intense and got my highest so far, 173M and finally got a record on the other scores (Damsel - 6). Still can’t beat that 20M default Madness score.
Anyway, I felt proud as having never played the physical game before getting this a few days ago and using all default settings with the exception of the out lane adjustments and a loose tilt (still very sensitive).
[quoted image]

Congrats! I have had my MMR for almost 1.5 years and have only been to BFTK once. Have been 1 or 2 shots shy from getting there again multiple times. My buddy got there the other night on mine and was 1 shot away from beating it. We both just stared at the machine for about 5 min and didn't say a word. Very disappointing but then laughed about it later. He still put up around 230 million so def was impressive but just a total buzz kill.

#3847 5 years ago

Proud owner of this guy! Got it with only 107 plays. Pretty much brand spanking new.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3848 5 years ago

Curious on what most people have set for flipper strength these days. I've since gone to -6 as it feels just about like my other B/W 90s games, anything stronger makes hitting ramps too easy, and castle shots literally bounce off the gate (sometimes even back onto the playfield vs falling into the moat. I keep the game leveled at 6.5, but for me -6 seems to be the best setting, especially when cleaning/waxing every 4 months or so.

#3849 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Curious on what most people have set for flipper strength these days. I've since gone to -6 as it feels just about like my other B/W 90s games, anything stronger makes hitting ramps too easy, and castle shots literally bounce off the gate (sometimes even back onto the playfield vs falling into the moat. I keep the game leveled at 6.5, but for me -6 seems to be the best setting, especially when cleaning/waxing every 4 months or so.

-2 here.

#3850 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Thanks for your help!

UP, please help! Possible that no one knows if these are interchangeable?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/77?hl=new_england and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.