c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 205.
#3751 5 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Does updating the game (2.02) wipe the high scores?

Yes.

LTG : )

#3752 5 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Before my friend made the decal I have on my machine, my plan was to take a hi-res picture/scan of the bottom of the front of my MMR cab then resize the image, bring it to a local sign shop(where he had the current decal printed) and have one made up. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about

[quoted image]

Looks like it’s been done already...

7F42012A-4E36-482C-8A29-D71D47233B85.jpeg7F42012A-4E36-482C-8A29-D71D47233B85.jpeg
#3753 5 years ago

streamed this epic game last week, with direct DMD input.

#3754 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

Looks like it’s been done already...
[quoted image]

Looks great! How can I get one?

#3755 5 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Looks great! How can I get one?

I was only referring to that gentleman’s post of the picture he had, and his intentions to have a professional sign guy make a sticker for him. I printed this up for s&g’s to see how it might look on the panel. As is, it needs to be stretched out about 6 inches or so to fill in the entire space. Sorry for any confusion. Still waiting for someone with the skills to come up with something...

#3756 5 years ago

Joined the club, purchased a game with just under 250 plays with shaker and color chip already installed, would have loved nib but could not justify after buying a nib Metallica earlier in the year.
Found a couple of issues I had to fix, the right castle spot was not working, found the wire had been cut possibly when sliding the pf in or out. Had to pull half the game to bits to repair
The other issue was the left troll bracket had broken. Had to remove, weld up, and repaint. Hopefully that is all the repairs I need for awhile.

06F3C915-05AF-4AAF-BE11-1DF4768160FD (resized).jpeg06F3C915-05AF-4AAF-BE11-1DF4768160FD (resized).jpegF022C2F8-9AD5-46F7-823C-9879A0CE0FB3 (resized).jpegF022C2F8-9AD5-46F7-823C-9879A0CE0FB3 (resized).jpeg9811EF80-E977-49EF-A014-FC85BF73FDFA (resized).jpeg9811EF80-E977-49EF-A014-FC85BF73FDFA (resized).jpegACB5C2E1-F8A0-41F8-AFE5-E5B0AB2F0B00 (resized).jpegACB5C2E1-F8A0-41F8-AFE5-E5B0AB2F0B00 (resized).jpeg4EB54C67-C294-4DC4-90F7-D285A6EB66C1 (resized).jpeg4EB54C67-C294-4DC4-90F7-D285A6EB66C1 (resized).jpeg
#3757 5 years ago

Hey gang. I'm new to the MMR party and having a lot of fun figuring it all out. I have a very basic question that I can't seem to get to the bottom of by searching.

This is not my first pin, but it is my first Williams (ok...remake) pin.

I'm attaching a picture of the flippers at full extension (never mind the missing sword on the right flipper...that's a different issue!).

Is this the right amount of flipper travel? I have stern and JJP games and they are MUCH easier to catch and cradle with. MMR is extremely hard to cradle the ball on. Even a ball that slow rolls up the inlane and then back to the flipper usually just keeps rolling right off the tip of the flip. Pitch is at 6.5-ish...the game isn't brutally fast.

Oh, and to prove I did my homework, I DID replace the flipper plungers in the machine after finding that some early LE's had plungers that were slightly long. Mine did have those longer ones, but I didn't notice it make much of a difference (the pic is after I did that).

Any thoughts? Is this just normal for this machine design?

MMR - Flips (resized).jpgMMR - Flips (resized).jpg
#3758 5 years ago
Quoted from Gwpin:

Hey gang. I'm new to the MMR party and having a lot of fun figuring it all out. I have a very basic question that I can't seem to get to the bottom of by searching.
This is not my first pin, but it is my first Williams (ok...remake) pin.
I'm attaching a picture of the flippers at full extension (never mind the missing sword on the right flipper...that's a different issue!).
Is this the right amount of flipper travel? I have stern and JJP games and they are MUCH easier to catch and cradle with. MMR is extremely hard to cradle the ball on. Even a ball that slow rolls up the inlane and then back to the flipper usually just keeps rolling right off the tip of the flip. Pitch is at 6.5-ish...the game isn't brutally fast.
Oh, and to prove I did my homework, I DID replace the flipper plungers in the machine after finding that some early LE's had plungers that were slightly long. Mine did have those longer ones, but I didn't notice it make much of a difference (the pic is after I did that).
Any thoughts? Is this just normal for this machine design?[quoted image]

From the pic, they both actually look too low.

In the resting position, pull the rubber off, and put a toothpick in that tiny alignment hole. The flipper bat should rest of it.

#3759 5 years ago

I joined the club this week with a NIB MMR! So far mostly so good but 2 days in I've run into my first problem. My tower diverter stopped opening yesterday and now is reporting stuck closed when in the Tower Test menu (T.17). I opened a ticket with CGC but figured I'd check to see if anyone else has run into this and has any ideas.

If I run the diverter test, you can hear the coil try to pull the diverter down but it doesn't go anywhere, like it's stuck. If I put the slightest bit of pressure on the top of the diverter while running the test it will retract every time. I can pull it down easily from below the playfield and nothing feels stuck...except me trying to fix it! (see what I did there?)

Excited to be in the club either way, she looks great next to my LoTR LE!

mm_diverter_stuck (resized).jpgmm_diverter_stuck (resized).jpgmmr-setup-breathing (resized).jpegmmr-setup-breathing (resized).jpeg
#3760 5 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

I joined the club this week with a NIB MMR! So far mostly so good but 2 days in I've run into my first problem. My tower diverter stopped opening yesterday and now is reporting stuck closed when in the Tower Test menu (T.17). I opened a ticket with CGC but figured I'd check to see if anyone else has run into this and has any ideas.
If I run the diverter test, you can hear the coil try to pull the diverter down but it doesn't go anywhere, like it's stuck. If I put the slightest bit of pressure on the top of the diverter while running the test it will retract every time. I can pull it down easily from below the playfield and nothing feels stuck...except me trying to fix it! (see what I did there?)
Excited to be in the club either way, she looks great next to my LoTR LE!
[quoted image][quoted image]

The tower diverter is a plunger and is pretty simple mechanically. I would take it apart under the game and inspect the coil sleeve and the plunger. The sleeve should be clean and shiny, and the plunger should also be smooth to the touch. Make sure there's nothing that is causing friction/hangs in the mechanical assembly.

#3761 5 years ago

Just an update in case anyone else runs into this, there was a little bit of front/back play in the plunger above the play field and it would retract fine with any pressure pushing back, disassembled just in case and, as expected with a brand new game, the coil assembly was pristine. Turned out the screws attaching the plunger assembly to the pf must have been just the tiniest bit loose. I screwed it back in nice and tight and now there is no play front to back and it plunges every time!

#3762 5 years ago

Hi All,
Just got my first Medieval Madness Pinball and thought I would never own one. It is Awesome! They did such a GREAT job on the remake! Mine has less then 150 plays on it and is running 1.0 software. I am going to update the software. Is this hard to do and is it worth it?
Thanks,
Tom

#3763 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

I am going to update the software. Is this hard to do and is it worth it?

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness/update

Robert

#3764 5 years ago

Thanks! I got the update and now I cannot find where to put the card.
Thanks,
Tom

#3765 5 years ago

I found it!

Quoted from PinballT:

Thanks! I got the update and now I cannot find where to put the card.
Thanks,
Tom

#3766 5 years ago

How long does the software download take on pinball? I have been waiting at least 10-15 minutes and nothing on screen yet. How long should I wait before starting to worry that it did not work?
Thanks

#3767 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

How long does the software download take on pinball?

Download or Update?

Robert

#3768 5 years ago

Update on Pinball? I think I might of done something wrong. I tried on my Windows computer but I don't think things downloaded correctly. I think the unzipped software went on disk. I tried to download and nothing happened. I tried to turn on and pinball started but nothing on screen or sound. So I did the download with my Mac OS. Everything seems to go in correctly but did not see anything when I put the disc card in. It is downloading to pin now. Hopefully software will go in and everything will be back. Fingers crossed.

#3769 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

and is running 1.0 software.

You mean when you first turn the game on you see that on the screen ? If so that is the Williams version you can't see.

When you go into the CGC menu, the first screen tells you what version is in your game, you may not need to update. Page 1-10 in the manual explains this or my video -

#3770 5 years ago

Thanks Lloyd!
I had 1.0 and wanted to update to 2.2. I tried it first with my windows laptop with the correct disc cards (bought the one off amazon as stated on CGC web site). I followed instructions but I think the unzipped part got loaded on the disc. I downloaded in board and did not get any notices of downloading. So after about 30 minutes or so I turned off and took disc out. Start up pinball and nothing displays. Lights will come on. So I am thinking something is up with the software. I then cleared the disc with the information and did everything from my Mac OS. Definitely have the right software for download and same results. I am at a loss, can you please help? Thanks,
Tom

#3771 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

can you please help?

I emailed you Scott Tiesma's instructions that should help.

There is always a possibility the software isn't right on the CGC site. If you can't get it on there next time. Report that on your ticket and I'll alert it to the engineers for help.

#3772 5 years ago

Thanks Lloyd! You are the BEST! I think I might have found the issue. The web site that CGC refers you to for the SD card on Amazon is a class 4 and it is suppose to be a class 10. Maybe that is the issue. I will go out and get a class 10 SD card. I will let you know how things go. Thanks again! Tom

#3773 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

The web site that CGC refers you to for the SD card on Amazon is a class 4 and it is suppose to be a class 10.

I think Amazon changed the link. I'll let CGC know.
Lloyd

#3774 5 years ago

I just want to give double thumbs up for CGC!! Lloyd and CGC were so helpful! They were able to help my frustration and issue with my awesome MMr. Great Customer Service!!
Thanks Guys!
Tom

#3775 5 years ago

Hey guys, I bought this little archer figure at a castle I visited in Belgium in September. I bought it as a souvenir with the intention of using it as a small mod for my MMr (my wife mocked me for paying 8 euros for it but I digress.

From the pictures, does anyone have any advice on how to best mount it without damaging the plastic or any of the game? I've thought about velcro but worry that may damage the plastic graphic when/if I were to remove it down the road. There is a screw there but not sure where did get a metal or plastic mount with a screw hole.

Any ideas for those more experienced with this mod stuff? Thanks!
20181226_213627 (resized).jpg20181226_213627 (resized).jpg20181226_213638 (resized).jpg20181226_213638 (resized).jpg

#3776 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

From the pictures, does anyone have any advice on how to best mount it without damaging the plastic or any of the game?

I'd make a thin plexi piece and attach the figure to it and then attach the plexi assembly under the lock nut.

Robert

#3777 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I'd make a thin plexi piece and attach the figure to it and then attach the plexi assembly under the lock nut.
Robert

Thanks Robert. Can you get plexiglass with a hole for the screw or do you just make your own hole?

#3778 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Can you get plexiglass with a hole for the screw or do you just make your own hole?

Drill your own holes.

Robert

#3779 5 years ago

Hey guys i need some help. My pop bumper on mmr.(closest to damsel tower) was firing on vibration so i was told to adjust the leaf switch. I did that and now the bumper isnt working at all. Any ideas on whats going on?

#3780 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Any ideas on whats going on?

Tests - Solenoids pull out the high power interlock switch, does it fire in test ? If not check wiring to coil, thin wires on coil from coil to lugs for a break, wires from the connector to the board, plugged in ?

Tests - Switch Edge - does the switch register in test ? If not remove the switch and try again and touch the leaf blades together, if they work then, you'll need to learn to adjust it better. If not follow the wires to the board and be sure their connector is plugged in.

#3781 5 years ago

For fellow anal retentive Pinsiders: I just installed clear PEG plastic cab protectors around my MMR flipper buttons. Easy install and worth it to prevent cab wear from fingernails. It looks like just the lollipop portion of lollipop rails.

#3782 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

For fellow anal retentive Pinsiders: I just installed clear PEG plastic cab protectors around my MMR flipper buttons. Easy install and worth it to prevent cab wear from fingernails. It looks like just the lollipop portion of lollipop rails.

Where did you get these?

#3784 5 years ago

What is the best way to adjust the switch for hits on the trolls? The right troll seems to work good but the left troll is hard to register hits.

#3785 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

What is the best way to adjust the switch for hits on the trolls? The right troll seems to work good but the left troll is hard to register hits.

It’s a leaf switch - look at the working troll and how far the gap is between the blades. The non-working one likely has a bigger gap - adjust the gap until it registers better.

#3786 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

See page 21 of this thread, post 1041 onwards on how to get access to the leaf switch the easy way. Use the leaf switch adjustment tool if you have one, makes it pretty easy to adjust

#3787 5 years ago

Anyone know the exact size of the info cards?

#3789 5 years ago

Everyone need to play tonight or tomorrow so you can hear the "Happy New Year" line!

1 week later
#3790 5 years ago

When turn my game on, it fires up, lets me press the start button to start a new game but that is it, it does not kick a ball into the shooter lane and the flippers dont work. It does not show any errors when i go into the menu. Any thoughts?

#3791 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

When turn my game on, it fires up, lets me press the start button to start a new game but that is it, it does not kick a ball into the shooter lane and the flippers dont work. It does not show any errors when i go into the menu. Any thoughts?

Sounds like maybe game has lost track of the balls? Do you the right number in the trough? If you do, check shooter lane and trough switches in test mode.

#3792 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sounds like maybe game has lost track of the balls? Do you the right number in the trough? If you do, check shooter lane and trough switches in test mode.

I checked that it did have the right number of balls in the trough. I will check it out more tomorrow. None of the coils are firing. Is there a fuse for the coils somewhere? When it goes into ball search mode only the castle door raises and lowers and I think I also hear the shaker motor.

#3793 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I checked that it did have the right number of balls in the trough. I will check it out more tomorrow. None of the coils are firing. Is there a fuse for the coils somewhere? When it goes into ball search mode only the castle door raises and lowers and I think I also hear the shaker motor.

Check your interlock switch is working. When you open the coin door does it kill power? When you close it does it restore it?

#3794 5 years ago

Likely the 6.3A 250V fuse on PSU... and check the F1 fuse on the solenoid driver board as well... sometimes both blow.

If you replace them and they blow again, I read a thread somewhere about a short causing this.

#3795 5 years ago

Stupid question:
Credit dot. Check catapult switch. What do you check? Obviously whether it’s working....

#3796 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Stupid question:
Credit dot. Check catapult switch. What do you check? Obviously whether it’s working....

Check in switch test. Also look to make sure wires are still on switch and coil lugs. That thing fire pretty hard, so things can snap or come loose.

#3797 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Stupid question:

If it works in the switch test, it’s probably fine. It’s a tough switch to hit, and if the machine doesn’t record hits in some amount of games it assumes it’s faulty so it may just be a false positive. The credit dot should in that case go away if you hit the switch while playing

#3798 5 years ago

Speaking of switch tests. This was a fun few hours. After hitting any shot up the middle, it drops down into the green trough, then eventually the ball kicks back up onto the playfield. Mine was registering about 60% of the time all of the sudden. 40% it went into ball search.

1st try, take off opto's and clean them with q tip - Nope
2nd try - reseat connector, followed wires to a board and took off and reseated - Nope
3rd try - completely take off optos as it looked like the little white pegs behind the opto were not seated into the little hole behind them in the small green board to stay properly aligned. Just by looking at the optos they don't look they are pointing directly towards each other because of this. Misaligned opto, Has to be the issue, seems logical - Nope
4th try - push up the plunger to see if the opto reads it. The opto does read it but the plunger has to go up pretty high to register. Put a ball in to see where it sits and the bottom of the ball goes lower then the spot where the plunger registers on switch test. So it should register a ball as is... I'm Confused?
5th try - try to pull the opto back, when I pull the top of the opto back on either side, it registers the ball. I'm thinking I need to take off the entire trough and bend the ledge with the 2 screws that the opto sits on to realign it. This doesn't look like much fun. Before I did this I tried one more thing.
6th try - Bent down the saucer/circle shape spot that the ball sits in when its a rest about 1/8 inch. Seems to have been the fix although as it lines up when it registers it doesn't seem like it should have been the issue!!! But, I'll take it at this point. Just worked 10 times in a row. Now off to try a few more games.

#3799 5 years ago

Hey guys i am planning on changing my gi to make my game brighter. Any suggestions? I was thinking of putting in sunlight bulbs from comet

#3800 5 years ago

I have cold white in it and spotlights, makes a big difference

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/76?hl=loganjk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.